HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thread for May Chan (and her loveable panda, Xiao May) fans!, May fans, let's talk about this pint sized visitor from Xing!
Thread for May Chan (and her loveable panda, Xiao May) fans!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 101
Guests cannot vote 
Edamame
post Jan 24 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,530

Tombow: Thank you for the translation. The thought of Scar as a kindly man picking up trash makes me laugh. (I think Arakawa needs a scene like this in the manga.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Colette
post Jan 24 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #47

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 24 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]496961[/snapback]
@Summoner Colette - Those are cute pics!! Thanks for posting them!!! biggrin.gif

Here is a translation of one of your pics!! smile.gif
[attachment=7621:c_sukamei1.jpg]

Mei: "His face looks scary, but his is a good kind man!!"

Scar: *Let's keep the town clean!!* *Picks up trashes*
*Gives to the charity (red cross)*
*Kind to the old man (that's Grumman!! XDD)* *Let me take your hand!!* *Carry your bag??*
Old man: *Oh, thank you!!*

Yoki: "What??!!" *Who??!!*

XDD Thanks for the translation, Tombow! It sounds like something Arakawa would say, that's for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 28 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #48

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Chapter 73 spoiler...
Mei's latest truma... being separated from Al, again!!

Awww... Can she meet Al again?? We have to see...
BTW, when I enlarged the pic, I noticed Xiao Mei is with Mei. I did not notice that before. biggrin.gif
Often, these two look so much alike!! XDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desu ne?
post Aug 28 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 49,110

Her design is rather cute, but I never really liked her (or the panda) much.

--------------------
Avatar made my me, inspired by an omake, so don't steal it please.
My deviantart with ongoing (original) comic and also some FMA pics: http://alet-maon.deviantart.com/ And, if you have the time, please do check out my website at: http://www.freewebs.com/creativity-unlimited/index.htm It's still being worked on but updates are coming.

~NI-PAAAH!~

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 28 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

^ Yeah, Mei can be bratty in a way sometimes. But, I guess that helps sometimes, dealing with being out in the foreign land by herself at that young age with a mission. And, I assume some of her attitude is coming from her social status, like how she treated RanFan when they first met. And, her sometimes naive way of thinking is probably coming from her young age and lack of life experience, I guess. Especially about her fixed view on her dream boyfriend. XDD
Like most of FMA characters she has her imperfections, but I think her heart is in a good place, and she provides many comic moments with her unrealistic pursuit of her dream mate. XDD
And, I think she will have some important role in the remaining chapters of FMA manga. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hanae Mai
post Aug 28 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 47,623

Imperfect? I don't think so. She's too perfect. Somehow I think Arakawa accidentally made her a Mary Sue. But still, it's sweet seeing her and Scar together sometimes. smile.gif Reminds me of Sesshoumaru and Rin.

And the first time I saw her name, I kinda got a heart attack. It's my mother's name for Hoenheim's sake... Oh mommy, mommy...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Nov 11 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #52

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

My opinion of Mei Chan is somewhere between "I like her" and "Meh." I think she's very cute, and I really like the way she interacts with the other characters (especially Ed; their interaction is usually hilarious), but I think she seems a bit out-of-place in FMA.

+Quote Post
Cece
post Nov 26 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

I adore Mei she's so cute! I think she's really brave and useful. She went on a scary journey to save her her clan at such a young age and her growing relationship with Al is so cute! I love Al x Mei!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 7 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Cece @ Jan 7 2010, 02:33 PM) *
The entire fandom hates Mei. See the anime/manga fandom picks certain girls from every anime series and just hates on them. For dumb reasons too. It's the way of life.

Well let's not be too rash there are some Mei lovers out there, myself included. smile.gif

But yes the fandom seems to have an irrational dislike for Mei & Winry. I suspect because they don't meet their messed up idea of how a strong female character should be.
Reason for edit: This post was moved form "FMA manga chapter 103 discussion thread" in FMA manga forum

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jan 7 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jan 8 2010, 08:45 AM) *
...But yes the fandom seems to have an irrational dislike for Mei & Winry. I suspect because they don't meet their messed up idea of how a strong female character should be.

I like Mei as well. I can understand why some people might not like her, but I really don't get the irrational hatred directed at her by certain parts of the fandom.

There seems to be one in every anime fandom, unfortunately. A female character that is singled out by the fangirls and hated on for no good reason sad.gif And it's always girls that do the hating as well. Thankfully that seems to be minimal on this forum.
Reason for edit: This post was moved form "FMA manga chapter 103 discussion thread

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 7 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Cece @ Jan 7 2010, 02:33 PM) *
The entire fandom hates Mei. See the anime/manga fandom picks certain girls from every anime series and just hates on them. For dumb reasons too. It's the way of life.

i love all female characters... except for Fiory from the game, I guess. can't really uderstand why should they hate may and winry... they're both strong young ladies!! may maybe a bit childish but she's smart and brave, winry is yes, a cry baby sometimes but she's a great girl too (well not as great as riza, i think biggrin.gif)!! she's ed's 'woman'. or maybe those fandoms hate them because of having a big attention from ed and al? jealous? hmm..
i even found a site when the owner blabbing around telling all winry's bad sides and even winry grew too fast in bath scene in book 20. (you know what i mean)
Reason for edit: This post was moved form "FMA manga chapter 103 discussion thread" in FMA manga forum

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 10 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

May fans, this is your chance to send your messages/shout-out to May (English or Japanese) at GanGan "Don't forget FMA"!

Check out details on GanGan "Don't Forget FMA": Send your comments to your fav FMA characters! thread! biggrin.gif
(See period 5 for step-by-step instructions)

We have limited time to send our messages to May!! Don't miss out the chance!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Oct 18 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

Mei is so adorable. She reminds me of my younger self! :'D I think she's great and fun to have in the manga. It really relives the tension. :3

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Oct 18 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

I love that girl! She's funny, adorable, clever, nice and heartwarming. happy.gif
But the ending confused me a little...was May living with the Elrics or something? She was shown with Alphonse, and I actually kind of doubt she'd want to go back to Xing...

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Oct 18 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Oct 18 2010, 08:51 PM) *
But the ending confused me a little...was May living with the Elrics or something? She was shown with Alphonse, and I actually kind of doubt she'd want to go back to Xing...

I think Arakawa included Mei in the family portrait because she was hinting that she and Al had some type of relationship. (AlMei - 'tis canon!) This could be that Al brought Mei back with him, you never know. biggrin.gif btw, are we allowed to discuss chapter 108 topics on other threads now?

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 11:51 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css