HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 3: City Of Heresy - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible spoilers for the first 3 episodes!
Hagaren_4ever
post Apr 22 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #106

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

Haha! I finally know what the hell everyone was talking about with the dark-skinned Rose! laugh.gif I know I'm slow, I'm sorry, but I'm so stupid. >_<

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 22 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #107

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

God I love those capsummaries. So awesome though I'm dreading the next set...

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 22 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #108

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

I don't know if she'll be able to pull off any humor for the next set UNLESS they show a bit of humor, like Ed getting tackled by Alexander for example, then perhaps, but I think the rest of them will be too heartbreaking to even make humor out of. ;_; I'm dreading AND looking forward to the next episode at the same time.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 22 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #109

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 23 2009, 12:46 AM) *
QUOTE (fullmoon @ Apr 22 2009, 05:00 AM) *

Gwahahaha!! I'm so loving this!! laugh.gif

@fullmoon - Assuming you can kindly keep providing us with links for these awesomely funny "capsummaries" for more upcoming episodes, do you mind if we make your "Capsummaries" posts into a stand-alone thread with the continuing collection of "Capsummaries" from each episode?
Since we have AA battery's "HD Screen Cap" thread, and soon we'll have Kale's "FMA-2 official English sub episodes transcripts" thread, I think your "Capsummaries" thread would make a nice companion thread for this series!! biggrin.gif

Hehe, i love them too! ^0^

Sure thing, Tombow-san wink.gif That sounds like a great idea!
I'll definitely keep posting up the links happy.gif

----------------------

@Kale and Kyelinn: Yeah, I feel a sense of dread knowing what's going to happen to Nina T-T yet i really want to see how this episode will be pulled off...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Apr 22 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #110

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Does anyone else think the preview announcer guy sounds like he has a mouth half full of novacaine? Or moderate head trauma?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Haineko
post Apr 23 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #111

Citizen

Member No.: 68,002

Good point on Steroids!Cornello's connection to Sloth.

Now that I think about it, having an emotional Rose clutch the gun might also be a preview/allusion to Winry holding the gun. It's interesting that in both cases, Ed is the one who stops them and points out that their actions are harmful to themselves.

Also, in the last episode, I liked Hughes's line about Roy making it to Brigadier General the next time he came to Central. It adds an extra layer of irony after Hughes is the one who gets promoted posthumously to Brigadier General cry.gif

It really makes me appreciate FMA:B for adding all these little manga references and themes.

+Quote Post
thedespised2166
post Feb 27 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #112

Citizen

Member No.: 71,836

I just noticed. They caused one big paradox.
...and I now know where my ava came from.

--------------------
The brothers of despisition shall not seace to exist.
Our power shall consume your soul.
Evil shall rule once again.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 27 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #113

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I really liked the episode tonight biggrin.gif

Of course, the split screens drove me nuts. But I tried to ignore them.
AND they thru in a preview for next week. Awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
thedespised2166
post Feb 27 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 71,836

I know. biggrin.gif
Although it was a little fast paced.

--------------------
The brothers of despisition shall not seace to exist.
Our power shall consume your soul.
Evil shall rule once again.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Feb 27 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #115

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I don't think I've seen this episode since its original airing, so this was refreshing for me. I don't remember all those split screens, and some of them seemed kinda out of place. Al's voice just keeps getting better and better. Glad to see Cornello dead so quickly (seeing the episodes on TV feels super rushed), never liked him. Glad to see Lust and Gluttony again, was hoping to see Envy, too. Pretty sure we will in episode 5. Also, I'm surprised we got a preview. Wonder how long this will last.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Feb 27 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #116

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Perhaps largely due to this not being the first episode, the Lior incident just seemed so much less important in Brotherhood, and lacked the certain magic the first series gave it.

I'd forgotten about all the split screen garbage, too. I remembered CORNELLO SMASH, though. Yikes.

The returning voices all sounded pretty much the same way they did in this part of the first series.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Feb 28 2010, 08:11 AM
Post #117

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

episode was done well, Maxey is really getting better! Still a little bit soft on certain scenes, but so was Vic.
Ugh, never was a fan of this episode. Hate Rose when she cries too much, the manga humor was a little too much, and Cornello......Let's just say I'm glad he's dead. I never understood why they had him turn into Hulk!Cornello. Seemed pointless. IDK.

Yay for seeing Lust and Gluttony again!! Wow, I really miss Lust. And I always liked Gluttony's Dub voice. I think it fits him better. Wow, a preview! Ohhh, next episode's gonna make me cry.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Feb 28 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #118

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

Cornello SMASH! was just as lame in dub as I remember it. And the split screens actually annoyed me more in this version.

One good thing was that I could hear the arrogance in Ed/Vics voice during his conversation with Rose way more clearly then in the japanese. Guess his voicing has got to be good for something! laugh.gif

Speaking of voices... is it just me or was Gluttony's voicing beyond horrible?

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 28 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #119

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

^Well, I had always imagined Gluttony's voice to be like the way the portrayed it in this episode: kinda high pitched and stupid. In any case, he doesn't talk much, so it shouldn't present that much of a problem.

As for the rest of the cast, I think this was the first episode where I actually liked Maxey Whitehead as Al. She's winning me over more and more every episode. I knew she would fit the role more snugly as time went on.

Vic continues to sound the same. Nothing really new here, still done relatively well. I liked the laugh in the scene with the microphone, it was nice.

Colleen Clickenbeard continues to be amazing. She did a good job, and I could really feel the despair in her voice. I give her props.

As for the dialogue, I usually don't like it when the change the conversations from the original episode, but I liked that they changed "boyfriend" to "fiance", it made it seem a lot more serious relationship she had with him, and I think it was a good decision.

Overall, it was a well recorded episode. I feel frustrated that I have to go through all of this story AGAIN, which is effecting my view of the content of the episodes, but the voice acting was good and I look for to seeing more dubbed episodes in the future.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Feb 28 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #120

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

Maxey's best scene was on the roof with Rose. Although she still needs to realize that Al is a 14 year old boy, not a 10 year old girl... she needs to improve. Colleen was good as Rose. Next episode will be good,but I can't wait to see episode 6 with Caitlin as Winry.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:39 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css