HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 64: Journey's End - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, spoilers for the entire Brotherhood series
Winry Chan
post Jul 4 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,548

I'll comment later regarding my reactions (I'm still in shock).

Regarding Mustang - Maybe the storyboard said "This photograph shows Mustang-tachi" and for some weird reason it was written in English and the 'i' looked a little funky and the animator thought it looked like an 'e'...

...*crickets*...

--------------------
If someone types L337 SP34K in a forest and no one else is around, are they still a noob?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
QueenTiria
post Jul 4 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 70,732

SAMKFHAKKAJHFDASJHFOASHDO (ok better now biggrin.gif)

I am not a manga purist, but (in my opinion) it was clear the manga was superior in FMA from the get go. But this episode...the additions didn't make it worse (except the Musta-ch) it made them infinitely better. I love it, I love you BONES, and GODDAMN it this episode is completely amazing!!!!!!!!!
(EdxWin blushes...SO CUUUTTTTTTE)

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 4 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

First I'll get my complaints out of the way.

I REALLY wish they hadn't been forced to use storyboards for these last two episodes because I liked the manga panels. And the art in this episode was pretty awful for the first half. Mustang's arms, Olivier's face, Scar's... everything. So much QUALITY. And Mustang's 'stache? Gross. First hot!Father's voice and now this, BONES must be actively trying to subvert all the estrogen brigade bait.

Now, that that's out of my system, the second half of the episode had great artwork. I loved the use of "RAY OF LIGHT" during the scene with the chimeras. Also, I know I go out of my way to let everyone know I hate EdWin and always will, but that scene at the end was just too adorable. Finally, I loved how they closed the series with such an upbeat song.

A MOVIE W00T!

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jul 4 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Changes from the manga bugged the hell out of me. Lack of humour, dodgy writing changes, total change of stuff with Mustang and co. that bothered me.
Havoc getting Philosophers Stone'd bugs me.
I did kinda like Knox showing up again, I can't believe I forgot about him. (although his last appearance in the manga was a nice conclusion for him)

Winry scenes were dragged out and kind of excruciating to watch. A shame, since I loved those parts of the manga.
(although the addition of her walking past the photos was a nice touch - if it was done with more subtlety and speed it could've been goodness)

Overly 'grand' music bothered me as well.

Al looks like Mustang, down to the age appearance.

Good that Ed narrates the last part.

No idea what to make of the movie thing.

The episode sums up a lot of my problems with the adaptation, really. :\

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jul 4 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Poor Mustang that mustache was probably two years of growing and it is no where near as manly as Wrath's.

But besides Roy's stache, I loved the episode. Although Al's voice should have sounded older in my opinion.

Al is a really handsome anime character. Heck, he would be handsome if he existed in real life too.

I really am excited for this movie. Any guesses on whether it will be a recap or continuation?

+Quote Post
Elle-chan
post Jul 4 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 70,685

I think they rushed the series a bit O.O

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackSwordsman
post Jul 5 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 67,576

Hmm. Well, I liked it. I read the manga too.

One thing is bothering me, though. Nothing major, only a detail. The anime says Ed and Al spent 2 years in Risenbool before going on their travels. Ok."EdxWin" confession happens when Ed is boarding the train. Eh... So, they spent 2 years together without, you know, confessing? I mean, haha, Winry already liked Ed, and they spent 2 years with nothing happening? That's just... weird. If it were like, 2 months... maybe... I know anime characters like to keep their feelings for themselves forever (which bothers me sometimes and can be incredibly annoying. I mean, geez, grow a pair. -.-), but 2 years is just too much. O_o

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jul 5 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

I will post more coherent thoughts together later...as i want to re-watch the ep again! All I gotta say is.....Did anyone see this on Tomodachi's subs page?

It had me LMAO...
Alternate

It's like Castro Mustang! LOL
Reason for edit: Changed image posting to LINK. Please do not post direct image for any pic from ep 64, or it's derivatives. Instead, please use LINK. Thank you!! :)

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 5 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

QUOTE (BlackSwordsman @ Jul 5 2010, 08:41 AM) *
The anime says Ed and Al spent 2 years in Risenbool before going on their travels. Ok."EdxWin" confession happens when Ed is boarding the train. Eh... So, they spent 2 years together without, you know, confessing?
Same in the manga, the two year skip starts with Grumman there. Besides, Ed may have been too young to legally propose before or such.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 5 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Was is a confession though? Or was it a proposal, as people say? I was/am a bit confused myself.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 5 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #71

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Okay, my thoughts on the EdxWin, or more specifically what 64 adds.

The 2 year gap, now what's to say there wasn't anything going on? Even Gracier states that they are like a married couple. Emotionally they settled in to living together comfortably. As I stated before, she is wearing Ed's jumper on the day he leaves, and to me that is a symbol of...something. It takes us back to the incident with Scar when he wraps her coat around her and she grips it tightly. It is his protection and warmth.

I think we are lead to believe Ed always planned to "propose" to Winry. As they are approaching the house Al asks Ed if he is sure about Winry. Perhaps Edward isn't sure and rather than rush anything at the age of 16 he waited until it felt right to make Winry officially his.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackSwordsman
post Jul 5 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #72

Citizen

Hmm, I wasn't sure if it was a confession or a proposal. So I wasn't sure if they were already dating or something like that, or not.

Heh, I wish anime characters would kiss sometimes. I know it's cultural differences, a kiss is something more intimate and when they want to show something from solely the romantic point of view, they show a hug. But I'm not so sure about that, because I've seen kisses in shoujo anime. Do japanese guys don't like kisses or something? =p

Well, grown up Ed with that coat looks incredibly like Hoeinhemen (sp?). I hope life doesn't repeat itself all over again. XD

+Quote Post
AnimeObsessed
post Jul 5 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 70,773

Well, there's a lot o be said, but only one thing's for sure: the series has ended ;___;

I LOVED the EdWin moment. I agree, they should have kissed, ofcourse, but once I saw it wasn't happening in the manga I got over it.
I don't like Roys moustache. It's like a caterpillar fell on his face. Get it off, Roy. You didn't have it in the manga. Please BONES, I love you, but don't try and be creative on your own. I actuall liked te fact that Riza cut her hair again. I loved long hair on her, but th fact she just cut it off again is so Riza. Badass.
I know I'll always carry this in my heart with me, for FMA has changed my view on things a lot.
I love you, FMA, andI will never forget you.

I really can't wait for the movie. I wder what'llbe about.

+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Jul 5 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 71,965

Great episode. I'm a bit of a manga purist so I tend to look unfavorably on anime when they change things but this episode was done brilliantly. Easily 10/10, if not better.

My only real complaint is that Riza had no lines. Once I realized they were changing stuff up I was hoping they would add in another Roy/Riza scene but they didn't. Just a couple still shots of her in the background.

+Quote Post
BlackSwordsman
post Jul 5 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #75

Citizen

*sigh* It's over. Well, at least there's a movie coming out.

I have to say, this is one series I wouldn't mind a follow up. If Arakawa-san came up with a new story following up the events of the main series... That would be nice.

I'd like to see the characters lives from now on also. I got used to them. :/ Maybe something about their jorneys. And I'd love to see the marriage, having kids, stuff like that.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css