HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 935 936 937 938 939 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post Apr 9 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #14041

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

Raw + mini-translation from HisshouBuraiKen = Win & Awesome!

Despite the 'trick' from Arakawa, I think this chapter was a great example of how loyal both Roy and Riza are to one another and they definitely keep each other going. The last panels also demonstrated that Riza will not hesitate to keep Roy in line.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 9 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #14042

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 10 2009, 04:34 AM) *
*fanatic royai fan illusion*

Roy and Riza alone.
Roy: Hahaha, you almost confirm in there. I always think that will be me in that situation.
Riza: I'm not that stupid, that was a trick for the homunculi! (nervous riza)
Roy: Hey, just kidding, I know you are amazing, that's why you are my girl.
*kiss*
Fine for me biggrin.gif Even if it's a bit OOC, but who knows what they are like when they're alone ^^
But Riza somehow realized that it was Envy and not Roy so there must be something in it...or at least I hope so.
As I said earlier epic chapter even without that much royai is still epic. I think it was full of royai moments but it's me. The thing about keeping her promise was amazing~

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #14043

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kale @ Apr 10 2009, 08:04 AM) *
Raw + mini-translation from HisshouBuraiKen = Win & Awesome!

Despite the 'trick' from Arakawa, I think this chapter was a great example of how loyal both Roy and Riza are to one another and they definitely keep each other going. The last panels also demonstrated that Riza will not hesitate to keep Roy in line.

The final part shows that she's protecting him with her every being.
And if that is not ROYAI I don't know what is *__*

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
rainbowcatgirl
post Apr 10 2009, 07:06 AM
Post #14044

Citizen

Member No.: 49,427

I think the whole Riza shooting Roy thing will make more sence as the manga goes on .

Will Envy even die at all?

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 10 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #14045

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Scar will kill him. Or May if Roy really snaps and starts attacking his allies to fulfill his revenge.

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 10 2009, 07:58 AM
Post #14046

Alchemists

QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 10 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Scar will kill him. Or May if Roy really snaps and starts attacking his allies to fulfill his revenge.
I believe Roy will listen to Riza and Ed. I don't think he wolud do something stupid or at least I hope so~... Roy, you have to listen to them and get married with Riza get a hold of yourself! Darn it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hakoyanagi
post Apr 10 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #14047

Citizen

Member No.: 65,569

Wow.

I didn't think I could appreciate Riza any more than I already did, but I was wrong.

Mustang is going to have a HELL of a lot of apologizing to do when he's himself again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #14048

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 10 2009, 04:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 10 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I believe Roy will listen to Riza and Ed. I don't think he wolud do something stupid or at least I hope so~... Roy, you have to listen to them and get married with Riza get a hold of yourself! Darn it!

I agree with the strike-through text XD
Well, Riza needs to knock him back to his senses - the Envy-killed-Maes revelation really affected him deeply.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #14049

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I just hope his rampage is over already and he comes to his senses... He's trully a good person and would be really 'lost' if he doesn't. Riza is really one amazing person..

But, about that whole 'fake Royai', I'm kinda wondering now that I've read the hole thing with translations and all: Riza didn't seem to suspect Envy when he first appeared as Roy. Something about what he said when he asked her to keep close and follow (and called her Lieutenant) made her realize it wasn't him... But WHAT made her realize?
From her expression it seems that him calling her lieutenant really caught her attention, somehow.
Or maybe it was the fact that he accepted her following him without much of a fight??

I just think there's something else there we quite don't know about, yet.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 10 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #14050

State Alchemist (Major)

You read too much into things wink.gif Just like many FMA fans do. At the core, Arakawa's style is very simple, there is no need to speculate endlessly happy.gif

Scar could help too. Ha was the one hellbent on revenge that got a chance to get away of this lifestyle and has now completely abandoned it. He is the one who started his reckless quest for revenge by killing two innocent people. He is the one that knows best how much hatred and anger can cloud your judgment and make you do unspeakable acts. In his case, killing the Rockbell.

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 10 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #14051

Alchemists

I thought about it to. Just how did she know it's Envy and not Roy...I wonder, I wonder... *still hopes this trick thing was only trick on us, Envy and Ed and 'calling her Riza when they're alone' was true*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #14052

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 10 2009, 12:43 PM) *
You read too much into things wink.gif Just like many FMA fans do. At the core, Arakawa's style is very simple, there is no need to speculate endlessly happy.gif

Yeah, I know she is... I'm just curious about what made her notice.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 10 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #14053

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 10 2009, 08:37 AM) *
I just hope his rampage is over already and he comes to his senses... He's trully a good person and would be really 'lost' if he doesn't. Riza is really one amazing person..

But, about that whole 'fake Royai', I'm kinda wondering now that I've read the hole thing with translations and all: Riza didn't seem to suspect Envy when he first appeared as Roy. Something about what he said when he asked her to keep close and follow (and called her Lieutenant) made her realize it wasn't him... But WHAT made her realize?
From her expression it seems that him calling her lieutenant really caught her attention, somehow.
Or maybe it was the fact that he accepted her following him without much of a fight??

I just think there's something else there we quite don't know about, yet.

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed, too. My guess it's either a translation error, or that, quite simply, there's something we don't know about yet.

Its really been bugging me, though. She seemed to honestly believe Roy/Envy, up to the point when he said 'Follow me, Lieutenant', or, more specifically, 'Come along/come on' or whatever he said. Maybe its as simple as her remembering he was so consistent on her not interfering and following him, or his suddenly calm attitude.

I hope believe, however, it is something we do not know. Gah, if only someone saw it happen, then in the next chapter someone could say 'Hey, how'd you know?' and we'd get either a straightforward answer that crushes our hopes and dreams, or something that will make us all swoon. wub.gif

I wonder what would happen if we find out Mustang had been hanging out just outside the door and heard her say that. rolleyes.gif

One thing is for sure - this will be brought up again in a future chapter, if not the next. Arakawa wouldn't let something like this die.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #14054

State Alchemist (Major)

Nah! It's no translation error. XD

It's probably something Arakawa will tell later on.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 10 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #14055

State Alchemist (Major)

Like I said, I think the answer is really simple wink.gif Roy/Envy asked her to stay close just after "scolding" her for disobeying and coming to his help. Anyone would think this suspicious, right? You would think he would order her to go back.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 935 936 937 938 939 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 05:05 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css