HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post May 29 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #22456

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (RedAsATomato @ May 23 2011, 05:16 AM) *
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ May 21 2011, 12:12 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ May 20 2011, 09:23 PM) *
QUOTE (LadyNorbert @ May 20 2011, 11:25 PM) *
Hey, guys, can someone answer a question for me? I'm still working on collecting the manga and I haven't seen all of Brotherhood yet either, so I probably just haven't come across this so far. But according to a couple throwaway lines on TV Tropes, there's a point when Roy gets Riza to blush. Is that true? If so, when is that, and what does he do?

Not in the manga... no. ^^

He does, but I don't see it as romantic. I don't remember the dialogues all that well, but it's near the end of the manga, when he says "Oh, those pure tears, if I could see them again" at the spot where Riza went berserk on Lust, and she answers (not too happy at that memory) "I thought that water made you useless"... with a blush of embarrassment over her face. biggrin.gif

Oh! I remember seeing that part. It's in Chapter 93.

She doesn't blush in that scene of the manga... at least not like as if she's embarrassed. She's annoyed at Roy for trying to be a smart a$$. It's more like a angry.gif than a blush.gif
But IF Arakawa did intend it to be a 'blush', she wasn't very happy with it, cause, really, the message didn't came through.

I know we all want to get to 'turn Royai into a more factual couple', but you guys are really reading a bit too much into some things.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post May 29 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #22457

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ May 29 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Hey, guys, can someone answer a question for me? I'm still working on collecting the manga and I haven't seen all of Brotherhood yet either, so I probably just haven't come across this so far. But according to a couple throwaway lines on TV Tropes, there's a point when Roy gets Riza to blush. Is that true? If so, when is that, and what does he do?

He does, but I don't see it as romantic. I don't remember the dialogues all that well, but it's near the end of the manga, when he says "Oh, those pure tears, if I could see them again" at the spot where Riza went berserk on Lust, and she answers (not too happy at that memory) "I thought that water made you useless"... with a blush of embarrassment over her face. biggrin.gif

She doesn't blush in that scene of the manga... at least not like as if she's embarrassed. She's annoyed at Roy for trying to be a smart a$$. It's more like a angry.gif than a blush.gif
But IF Arakawa did intend it to be a 'blush', she wasn't very happy with it, cause, really, the message didn't came through.

I know we all want to get to 'turn Royai into a more factual couple', but you guys are really reading a bit too much into some things.

I half disagree with this. Although I do think Riza was annoyed, I think she was genuinely embarrassed as well. Riza doesn't cry often, and the way Roy worded it saying how he wished she could produce such pure emotion and all, I think it's natural for her to be a little embarrassed, as well as annoyed. I don't think she was just annoyed because then she would have been just angry about the comment, and even though Roy was half-joking, I think he was half-serious as well. So I think her response is the same.

I didn't mean to analyze such a little thing so much but eh lol

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post May 29 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #22458

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ May 30 2011, 01:13 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ May 29 2011, 03:19 PM) *

I half disagree with this. Although I do think Riza was annoyed, I think she was genuinely embarrassed as well. Riza doesn't cry often, and the way Roy worded it saying how he wished she could produce such pure emotion and all, I think it's natural for her to be a little embarrassed, as well as annoyed. I don't think she was just annoyed because then she would have been just angry about the comment, and even though Roy was half-joking, I think he was half-serious as well. So I think her response is the same.

I didn't mean to analyze such a little thing so much but eh lol

I get what you mean... and you're right, in a sense. He teases her, she teases him back... that's how they work. XD

I just think that categorizing that as "Roy making her blush" will lead into something that is actually not, or making a bigger deal of something that, if it was to actually mean something, was a failed attempt. To take it into account is more of a "fangirl rambling" than anything of actual importance.

A big proof of that is that this has actually made someone come here to ask if it was true, you see, as if it were a major event that "changed things" in the manga, when, honestly, it doesn't (it's hardly even noticeable).

For me, it's very farfatched to say "Roy made Riza blush in the manga" and, for me, that's a wrong statement not because it's not there, but because that's hardly anything and, if we are after "Royai facts" that would be one of the last on my list, if it even make it in there.

But then again, noone here actually stated as a "Royai proof", as I've seen several places, of course... people here are a lot smarter than that, but I have seen people "going crazy" about this before and it sort annoyed me. lol

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
yadi ina
post May 30 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #22459

Citizen

Member No.: 72,859

taking the discussion on the Hawkeye blush (which I never seemed to blush) I think it was more like: "Do not make fun of my" I really consider myself as a crazy fanatic of royai, but I did not see in that scene some indicator of romance. I think it was more related to the acid humor of mustang than anything else. Although I must confess that I got schizophrenic with that scene because the only reason that would make mourn for Riza, is to arrive to hurt Roy. So I thought:! Arakawa going to kill Roy!

@ schnabeltier hey, this very pretty picture you made of the daughter of Roy and Riza. Call it Elizabeth

Hey, one question. What activity or competition for the day we Royai?

also I have a question for discussion. In a live action. What actors would play Roy and Riza?

Roy, I think of Johnny Depp. Do not know why but I wanted to see the military uniform.
but for Riza, I can not think of any person.

That you intend to or do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 30 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #22460

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I'm not an expert on actors, so I don't think I could really answer your question...But I don't think I'd choose Johnny Depp for Roy. laugh.gif;; I can't see it...(but again, I'm no expert when it comes to this sort of thing. xD)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 30 2011, 04:28 AM
Post #22461

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I don't have much to add about that "blush" scene. To be honest, I didn't really "get" that scene. I'm not quite sure what Roy's intention was in that scene. tongue.gif Anyway, guys/ladies, stop building a quote pyramids, please! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (yadi ina @ May 30 2011, 04:55 AM) *
Hey, one question. What activity or competition for the day we Royai?

@yadi ina - No competition for this year's Royai Day. This year we do Fanart/fanfic/fanworks flood (no other activities for Royai Day celebration part, but please see my note below ^^)
* This year's Royai Day 2011 is held 12 AM June 11 - 11:59 PM June 12 (in relation to the International Date Line)
* Theme: "My favorite thing about Roy, Riza, or Royai is..."

But, this year, we're planning FMA Fan Fun Festival also starting on June 11 (probably last longer than 2 days for this) in conjunction with this year's Royai Day celebration, and for this part we are planning lots of fun activities for all FMA fans, including Royai fans. Details for this will be announced soon. smile.gif

@Schnabeltier - Welcome to our board, and welcome to the Royai thread. Love your drawing! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post May 30 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #22462

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (yadi ina @ May 30 2011, 05:55 AM) *
also I have a question for discussion. In a live action. What actors would play Roy and Riza?

Roy, I think of Johnny Depp. Do not know why but I wanted to see the military uniform.
but for Riza, I can not think of any person.

That you intend to or do you think?

That's a hard one...

I think I would put Yvonne Strahovski... just cause I like her and I think she could pull it off, being athletic and everything... And she does resemble Riza, even if just a little.
For Roy, I would say Christian Bale, for practically the same reasons. XD And the plus of him already being familiar with the "heroes environment". lol
I don't think Johnny Depp would be a good choice, though... I can't see him pulling of Roy's personality and, in my opinion, doesn't resemble Roy all that much... But, if it was in terms of resemblance, it should be an actor with a mix ethnicity (like Takeshi Kaneshiro, but, then, again, I would put Kaneshiro as Ling XD), so being part asian, especially chinese or something.

@ schnabeltier - Welcome to the board and to our little topic!! ^^

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Schnabeltier
post May 30 2011, 07:59 AM
Post #22463

Citizen

Member No.: 81,123

I've actually given this a lot of thought, and I've scoured through tons of photos and I've tried to recall every young actor and actress I know. I'd have to admit that it's really difficult for me to find the right Riza. Someone with features that aren't overly soft and feminine and can pull off that almost deadpan-professional look she has. So, I don't really have one for her. I've thought about this purely appearance-wise so...

I was immediately struck by Henry Cavill in this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llpekrXE...huee2o1_500.png
The girl here is Emilie de Ravin but aside from this picture I don't find her Riza-like at all.
I thought he looks like a young Roy, right around the OVA, especially in this one: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llgmb4qF...hsciko1_500.jpg. It's just unfortunate that the actor has naturally curly hair so when it's grown out he looks nothing like Roy haha.

@A Pierrot's Aria, jacksparrow589, yadi ina & Turdaewen
Thank you! I'm looking forward to Royai day with you all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post May 30 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #22464

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

To make a comment on the blush thing.

Roy did, in fact, make Riza blush. However, it was not a romantic blush. It was a blush of embarrassment. Nothing more. Nobody ever said it was a romantic blush. Just my opinion on the matter.

As for actors? I have no idea o____o I'm not too keen on actors and stuff ^^;

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
FirstMoon
post May 31 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #22465

Citizen

Member No.: 74,222

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ May 30 2011, 07:29 AM) *
QUOTE (yadi ina @ May 30 2011, 05:55 AM) *

I think I would put Yvonne Strahovski... just cause I like her and I think she could pull it off, being athletic and everything... And she does resemble Riza, even if just a little.
For Roy, I would say Christian Bale, for practically the same reasons. XD And the plus of him already being familiar with the "heroes environment". lol

Oh dear my exact toughts...Yvonne's character was similar to Riza in some parts (in some parts okaaay) and Christian Bale is the most beautiful choice for Roy.Not to mention he always played in roles like "Magnificent Bastard" and he is an amazing actor and yeah I'm a huge Balehead there.(I couldn't even finish my sentence wub.gif )

And to me Bale looks like him a bit? I mean Roy's eye colour is sometimes blue and sometimes dark,and small which makes everyone to think if he has Xingese genes.Bale's eyes are small and makes his blue eyes darker because of it <3

I'm sorry I messed this post but it's very awkward to see someone thinks exactly like me blush.gif
Eh,I always tought I was the only one for Yvonne...

And Skandar Keynes for Teen!Roy please http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmj4qYt...alunwo1_500.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 31 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #22466

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ May 30 2011, 09:44 AM) *

Roy did, in fact, make Riza blush. However, it was not a romantic blush. It was a blush of embarrassment. Nothing more. Nobody ever said it was a romantic blush. Just my opinion on the matter.

Since I never got my two bits in on this one, I'd like to say that I agree with this most of all.

As for actors to play Roy and Riza... I really don't know. I've never given it much thought, mostly because I don't really want to see them live for whatever reason. I've just never really wanted to. *shrugs*

==========

Now, concerning Royai Day:

Yes, I have most of what you need to know in my signature, but for thoughts behind/beyond that, please refer to this post and this post, and the three to five posts following each. And, of course, if you still have more questions, post them here so that if anyone else has the same question, I won't answer it differently for each person. smile.gif

Just to warn you, though, this week is the week before my finals, so I'll most likely be checking back here only once or twice a day 'til June 9th.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 1 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #22467

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

@ the blush thing - The blush wasn’t to me a romantic kind of “OMG HE MADE HER BLUSH” moment as much as it was just part of a cute little scene of banter, not displaying a romantic relationship but the closeness between them that they tease and play around with each other like that. It was a cute, playful moment where they got to banter a bit, and it was funny to see the display of emotion on Riza’s face. With RoyAi, there’s a fine line between a ‘moment’ and what one would consider a ‘romantic moment,’ at least for me. A RoyAi moment isn’t just Roy getting jealous or the two hugging in my mind, but anytime they interact in a way that gives the reader a further glance into one of the layers of their relationship (romantic or not) because there’s a lot more to them than that (which is why we all love them, of course!) I don’t know if I make sense or if I’m rambling about nothing XD

So, I recently had a nightmare that it was the day before RoyAi day and I hadn't even begun my project yet, and I woke up thinking, firstly, why would something like that qualifty as a nightmare (shows how obsessed I am) and secondly, I reaaally need to get started. Sadly, this was over a week ago, and I haven't even begun...I'm not being a good fan right now...but all my senior events have been killing my time and energy. I'll definitely have to start on that, though.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
RedAsATomato
post Jun 1 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #22468

Citizen

Member No.: 81,049

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ May 30 2011, 09:44 AM) *

@Blush Discussion: This pretty much wraps my feelings on that panel too.

(All I was trying to do in my last comment was clarify the location of that panel for that person that wanted to see it. Not exactly reading into it at that point. mellow.gif )

@Royai Day: Thank you jacksparrow589 for all the infomation on the event. It's the first time I've heard of it, and it seems like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to submit something in time for the festivities. x3

+Quote Post
HawkseyeM1910
post Jun 3 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #22469

Citizen

Member No.: 80,381

Sorry for breaking this discussion if it was still going on, but I have a couple of questions out of curiosity (or fun?) for anyone who wants to put their "two cenz" (witty? tongue.gif) in.

Related to the manga, I've read fan-fics where people write about their pre-military days, (when Roy was still an apprentice) and in most fics, they are made out to be really close friends and that Roy lived with them for years. I am guessing that is what most believe it was like.
Q: What do you think their relationship was like pre-military? Do you think Roy stayed with them for years?

Not related to the manga,
Q: If Roy and Riza did have kids do you think they would pass on Flame Alchemy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jun 3 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #22470

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

Related to the manga, I've read fan-fics where people write about their pre-military days, (when Roy was still an apprentice) and in most fics, they are made out to be really close friends and that Roy lived with them for years. I am guessing that is what most believe it was like.
Q: What do you think their relationship was like pre-military? Do you think Roy stayed with them for years?

Not related to the manga,
Q: If Roy and Riza did have kids do you think they would pass on Flame Alchemy?

For the first one, I don't think Roy and Riza were super close before the military. I think they were friends and got along, but judging from the grave yard scene with Riza's dad, they don't seem to be especially close. Roy didn't know Riza's opinion on him joining the military, and he didn't know that Riza was estranged from her family. And Riza didn't seem to know that Roy was planning to be in the military for the rest of his life. They just didn't seem to know each other on a deep level. I bet Roy was only there for a year or two. I don't think their closeness came until after Roy revealed his dream and Riza became inspired by him and then joined the military and Roy had her become his assistant and all that other jazz. But that's all another story entirely.

About the flame alchemy thing, I'm posative that they would never want to teach their child flame alchemy. After the war, Riza's so devastated by flame alchemy that she asks Roy to burn her back because she doesn't want to create another flame alchemist. That should be proof enough that she wouldn't want anyone, let alone her own child, to learn it. And even Roy felt guilty about what he did with the alchemy Riza entrusted him with and he's seen the bad it can do and how it's dangerous and all that (the Envy indecent being a good example of how he lost himself and used flame alchemy for bad) and I don't think he'd want anyone else to have that power for the danger of it and the damage it can do that he's had to deal with. And if not even that, then at least he'd have respect for Riza's thoughts on the matter and how much he knows that flame alchemy burdens her and everything. They just wouldn't teach their child flame alchemy. Period.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 11:50 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css