HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 3: City Of Heresy - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible spoilers for the first 3 episodes!
EveningAlchemist
post Feb 28 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #121

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,198

^Yeah that scene was one of my favourites too! I also liked all of Ed's speeches. Although the story is fast paced at the moment, and random things were added randomly, there is a lot of philosophy and great emotions as well.

The next episode may just kill me though... Go Vic and Maxey!

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Mar 1 2010, 07:03 AM
Post #122

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 28 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Maxey's best scene was on the roof with Rose. Although she still needs to realize that Al is a 14 year old boy, not a 10 year old girl... she needs to improve. Colleen was good as Rose. Next episode will be good,but I can't wait to see episode 6 with Caitlin as Winry.

Thing is though, is that Al was only 10 when his soul was attached to the suit of armour, and he's not exactly growing is he? So his voice can't really change since he can't go through puberty. He may be 14 years old in age, but he has no body to take him through those changes, fyi. wink.gif She's not Aaron and she's not perfect, but she's still doing one hell of a bang up job trying to make Al sound as he always did.

I'm sorry for those of you who thought Rose's voice was wonderful, but I seriously thought it sucked. It was WAY too dramatic and overbearing. I seriously continuously cringed and facepalmed throughout the whole episode because her voice drove me some completely mad. It was like shaky and whiny and ugh...I was hoping they would've gotten somebody else to play Rose because her voice just never sat well with me. It's too...My Little Pony/Rainbow Brite 80s-ish or something. I dunno. It just doesn't fit Rose. I much prefer her Japanese voice. Maxy is doing better and better as Al. I almost had her mistaken for Aaron a few times. Even my husband was shocked. Vic is still awesome as ever! Looking forward to seeing how he does the next episode. I'm really really hoping that he doesn't pull off the despair!Ed the way he did in the first one though. <.< I hope it's different in some way. The voice actors need to stop and remember that this is FMA: B and not the first one. The story and the character's personalities are a lot different from what they remember and did in the past.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Mar 1 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #123

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

AGGREE
i mean, she sounds OFF. goddamn awful. too dramatic and OOC for a Rose. naaah

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Mar 1 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #124

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

lol--I never liked Rose as a character anyway, so having her voice over-dramatic and teeth grittingly annoying works for me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Mar 3 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #125

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

I'm SO glad somebody agrees with me. I seriously cringed and facepalmed over and over and over again. I don't even remember her being THAT dramatic in the first episode of the first anime. @_@ I mean it was this constant shaking-overbearing...I don't know. I can't even describe it. I wanted to like stuff cotton balls in my ears as far as they could go just to drown out the sound of her overly emotional 80s My-Little-Pony-in-danger voice. @___@ I'm so glad she's less of a main character in this series because if she continued on with THAT voice, I'd absolutely go insane.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 9 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #126

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

I caught another change in the animation! It's a little hard to show with still pictures, but I'll do my best to explain.

In the scene where the figures of the Elric brothers turn into a cut-out view of Leto, the original broadcast had the rest of their linework completely visible the entire time, while in the new version the lines are almost all gone, only seen faintly around the edges.

The floating testimonial guys were pulled in closer and given more transparency. Originally you couldn't see the third one's shadow eyes at all!

Finally, the new version doesn't pan down as fast or as far as the original. Presumably this is to keep Leto's face onscreen the entire time.

The shadow eyes also look a little darker, but I think it's just because Adult Swim's uploads of this show are a little darker in general.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 10 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #127

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

WHOA! Super interesting. Thanks so much for those smile.gif
I love finding these little differences.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Mar 19 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #128

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

I keep on wondering---- 'what is the stone in the High Priest's ring (Father Cornello)?' ..Yes, it isn't the Philosopher's stone but it could be something useful to alchemist yet they didn't mention about the name of the stone ... *it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious

Also, I like the scene where Ed said to Rose: "you've got two legs to walk on" .. sad.gif *I was moved

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 19 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #129

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^ It's not THE philosophers stone that he has, the one talked about in legends. But a smaller one that was made.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 20 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #130

Apprentice

Right, so far there doesn't seem to be any truly infinite stone, only bigger stones whose power lasts much longer. I suppose the "Philosopher's Stone" of legend was whichever lasted the longest.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 29 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #131

Apprentice

Ah, I forgot about this omission. But until episode 5 I assumed every piece of writing was going to be removed for Adult Swim, so I didn't bother chronicling them.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 15 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #132

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Back on again! biggrin.gif

Please add the comments for FMA:B English dubbed episode 3 (on Adult Swim) if any, here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 1 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #133

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it's on again tonight on Adult Swim (U.S.) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 8 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #134

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it's on again tonight on Adult Swim (U.S.) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css