HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Aug 4 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #21811

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Tombow--Gah! Just take a break and get well! If I had the time, I'd go spelunking through the thread and find all the pictures, but I'm rather busy this week. I still have almost two months of break left, though, so I might be able to get through a fair chunk of it when I'm not babysitting/helping my mom with day camp. I'll try, anyway.

ramencat--I'm impressed with VIZ's translations of that fight! They're pretty accurate when checked against Tombow's, too. No twisting it to make it more mushy than it is (which isn't much because it's more angsty than anything), and very much keeping the spirit of what's being said.

sidekick.kep37--Your wallpaper is excellent and I love it. happy.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 4 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #21812

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

I'm excited to buy volume 23, but haven't yet because I know if I do I'll stop reading my summer reading books *sigh* I'm excited for part two of Brotherhood coming on DVD, especially since Roy is on the cover! *cheer*

@ sidekick - LOOOVE your wallpaper!!

@ GeMikanXIII - Welcome and thank you for reviving the thread!

I have a full time job this summer, so I haven't had much time to visit forums. I was looking forward to doing the rereading project, but once again summer reading has prevented me *cries*

Anyhow, I still haven't forgotten about my favorite pairing (never will) and will hopefully have time to work on a fan fic I'm thinking of...a humorous one making fun of a certain someone's facial hair laugh.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Aug 4 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #21813

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I feel like I haven't been active on this site for a while. I wish I could help more. But work and then moving back into school in less than a month is taking up my time. If I can find time I would like to help with finding the Royai pictures. But I am afraid I can't promise anything : (

My brother bought me volume 23 and I was impressed with the translations. They were close to Tombow's. And it had the Royai angst feel to it. Now I can't wait to see how chapter 100/101 will be translated.

And finally hola GeMikanXIII

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Aug 4 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #21814

Citizen

Member No.: 74,870

I normally hate blondhair X blackhair relationships because they are so clishé, but because the characters have their history together and their relationship I adore RoyxRiza.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 5 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #21815

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Wait...are you seriously suggesting that couples are/can be based on hair colour? Somehow, I don't think so; to me the very thought is pretty ludicrous (but I guess couples people put together go on even less nowadays!). But perhaps the 'Blond hair' and 'Black Hair' couples that you have seen and don't like means that it's just a coincidence that their hair are those particular colours. However, I'm glad to see that you know Roy and Riza go a lot deeper than that! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Aug 5 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #21816

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Guys. I kinda feel that my royai sensation is fading. Are you feeling the same? Is there something to do about it? I guess I need some fanarts or fanfics. Since FMA ended, it's not the same as it was... Right now I'm more into CeltyXShinra (Durarara!!)

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 5 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #21817

Group Icon

Personally, I still love RoyAi the same- while it's sad we won't see anymore interaction between the two since FMA has ended, it's still an amazing couple that'll live on through re-reading, disussion, fanfiction and so on and so forth. smile.gif But even if people's excitement about the couple does die down, they'll always have it in their hearts. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ramencat
post Aug 5 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #21818

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

Naw, I kinda get where Hayate is coming from. Don't get me wrong, I still love Royai, but I've been seriously sidetracked by KonokaxSetsuna (Negima!)

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 5 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #21819

Group Icon

^I wasn't disputing what she was saying, and I understand her perfectly. I was just saying that even if the excitement dies down and you're into a new pairing, the pairing that you liked before will have a place in your heart. happy.gif Just because you're not excited about it anymore doesn't automatically mean you have to hate it. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 5 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #21820

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

And I can't find anything in the world to compare to RoyAi so I'm still stuck on it (though HaruhixTamaki in Ouran manga has always helped me out during RoyAi droughts and is keeping me distracted for now)

Here's a question that will make us remember why we love RoyAi! What's everyone's favorite subtle moment? I mean, we all can say our fave moment was "I love when Riza thought Roy was dead" or "when Roy hugged Riza" but it's more interesting to think of the little, subtle things that made us go "Aww" or showed the depth of their relationship.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Aug 5 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #21821

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Oh, I think we need questions like these. Seriously. It helps remember the awesomeness of the pairing.

I really liked when Roy suggested Riza to go fishing with him. It was in the phone call scene. I mean, it could have been some code or something. But in talks like these Roy can say everything flirty he wants and he won't get a slap xD

I also liked Roy being jealous over Barry. That's why I disliked when Bones cut it in the Anime.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Aug 5 2010, 11:54 AM
Post #21822

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Ah, yes! We very much do need these kind of questions! smile.gif

Personally, my favorite moment was what happened in (EDIT, whoops) chapter 62 - the little chat the two of them had before Riza had to report to Bradley as his aide. An absolute "aww" moment for me, especially with the pained facial expressions Roy wore. I stared at the scene for ages before finally deciding to move on with the rest of the chapter. Ahh. Oh, and to boot, the "queen" and "Elizabeth" scene were both in that chapter too. But, I digress, their conversational exchange that happened earlier in 63 was definitely my favorite of the subtle moments.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 5 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #21823

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

I don't know if this counts as "subtle" so much as "quietly powerful", but the "It's going to rain" exchange has to be my favorite subtle moment. No shocking display of emotion, no swearing revenge, no trying to talk Roy out of it and no "you can come back to my apartment for some... ahem... comfort"; just Riza letting Roy grieve (and probably grieving, herself) in silence.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 5 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #21824

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I (like sidekick.kep37) personally love when she has to go back to his office because she "forgot" a few things. I also like when they have their lunch together and she gives him a message, because how many people would know the tapping of a cup signaled the start of a coded message unless they knew each other well enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Aug 5 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #21825

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

My favorite subtle moment..oh, jeez, its got to be the scene where Hawkeye comes back to collect her things. In Brotherhood, it was definitely the scene around episode 23-25 when they have that conversation in the car on the way to the safehouse.

And I also feel the excitement over Royai slowly dying, sadly....however, I am reading this BEYOND AMAZING fanfiction called "Quiet Crown" by mebh...those who have read it will understand what i mean. Seriously, it is just amazingly well written and thought out, and stays frightningly true to the characterizations of all the characters. Everytime I read it, I feel that sruge of Royai obsession flow through me again, ha ha.

Oh, fanart and Kitchan's capsummaries help keep the fandom alive for me as well. <3

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css