How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
michaelfeb16
post Apr 9 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,486

i saw commercials on adult swim. they hooked me. i have watched every time they play it, including thursday. muha.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Destati
post Apr 10 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 11,471

The Commercials on AS. Looked awesome so I checked it out, now I'm obsessed. XD

--------------------
[center]*----*
user posted image
.No Promises.
.No Guarantees.
.No Regrets.
[/center]

+Quote Post
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
post Apr 10 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #63

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,374

my cousins send tapes of some episodes and i just got glued to it...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
alchemistgirl ze...
post Apr 11 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,974

I first saw the commercials while watching the ROD ova on cartoon network and I was like "Ooooh...shiny" and then the episode came on some days later (I think). At first, it kind of fraeked me out because of the scary ressurected mother scene, but later I was okay. happy.gif

--------------------

:3 Read my fancomic on Gaia Online.
Please?
Pretty please?
I'll give you a cookie... =)

+Quote Post
Luckyalchemy27
post Apr 11 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,100

I was sitting in my basement at night, and I was really bored. I started flipping through channels and got to Cartoon Network, and obviously Adult Swim was on. It was episode seven (I think) "The Night The Chimera Cries" and it was the part where Ed was beating the crap out of Tucker. I kept watching and finally caught on that Tucker had used his daughter to make the chimera.

Well, I was really weirded out and so I didn't watch it for a long time. Then I saw the episode "Flame Vs. Fullmetal" and decided that I liked it. I went on the Internet and found out the storyline, and now I'm totally obsessed!

(Also, a funny thing is that for a long time I thought Hughes was Tucker, and I kept thinking, "What the flip, why isn't he dead or in jail?")

--------------------
I support the PAA, the Paco Association of America!
IPB Image
Thanks to Phyco Girl for the kickass sig! :3
Kindly visit my my sig shop.
Need an avatar, or got a request? Mosy on over to The 100 Avatar Challenge.
Take a visit to Emberflare Academy.

+Quote Post
fmaedfan
post Apr 16 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 11,950

i thought it looked good but my little step-bro isnt alowed to watch stuff so when he fell aslep early i stayed up to watch it it was at ep.15 it was awsome

+Quote Post
ColdFire
post Apr 18 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 12,066

I was going between Adult Swim and some other channel one dreary night. When I was on AS, it showed Lust on this balcony thingy. It looked so boring because she was just talking on and on so I flipped to the previous channel. Then, my friend mentioned it to me like a week or so later and he said it was really good. So the next Saturday, I watched it and instantly fell in love.

--------------------
user posted image

[note : i made that myself]

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Femalchemist_*_*
post Apr 19 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #68

Guests

Adult Swim, of course. I'm always interested in the animes. I wasn't sure what to make of the previews but after the first show I was hooked. Their bravery after what happened to them and the alchemy. It is like magic and who doesn't like the mystery of magic? The beginning theme song caught me as well as the ending, I wait to hear those, the same way I wait to see the show. I've been checking out all the websites I can and trying to learn about the show without spoiling it for myself. The only other show I've done this for is Inuyasha and I LOVE!! Inuyasha.

I'm the only person I know who loves this stuff, so I'm glad I've joined the forum so I can share my thoughts and feelings about anime.

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 19 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Yeah, I'm the only one I know too lol.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Mustang's Ap...
post Apr 21 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 12,032

I was staying up later than usual, and after watching Kenshin and Futurama, noticed FMA was on. I remembered seeing an ad about the video game(Broken Angel) in my video game mag.

It was Episode 14:Destuction's Right Hand

And, of course after watching it I got addicted to it and downloaded some fansubs.

And so, here I am.

--------------------
Forum Family
Sisters:~.:Anime_Gal:.~,Jen Elric,~FMAgurl~,zarpia
Little Sister:Phyco girl,chocolate_eds_everywhere
Pet Guinea Pig:Fullmetal Fangirl

Want to join my forum family?PM me.

+Quote Post
Hoice
post Apr 21 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #71

Citizen

From: I'm resting on a tree branch under the shade, fantacizing about being in an rpg type adventure, or living in an anime
Member No.: 12,127

uh.. I was watching tv, and I saw the commercial. Ed was on the roof of the train, and he yelled "HAAAA!!!" and clips from the show totally told me to watch it. "Fullmetal-alchemist. Premieres Novemer something at midnight" and ended with thumbs up from Ed.

I just had to watch it, and I was addicted before I saw one episode. unfortunately I missed some episodes. T_T

--------------------
user posted image

No you can't touch my wings, unless you beat me at Gunbound. By the way, my id is SuperHoice. Add me today!

Oprah: "If you have 5 homes, but you're only using 2, then CUT YOUR STAFF IN HALF. Do it today. Write this down. Three words: BUY A MOUNTAIN. BUY A MOUNTAIN do it today. Also, instruct your research facility to make their primary goal YOUR IMMORTATLITY do it today."

Dr. Phil: "Absolutely Oprah. She's right, stand up everybody"

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Apr 21 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #72

Major General

Member No.: 12,269

I heard about the game first. The first episode I saw was part 1 of the Tringham brothers.

--------------------

Currently EKE's GP Deshi-in Training!
*Has been nicknamed "Dai-chan" by Celes.*
Aily: He's so adorable. :3

+Quote Post
terroja
post Apr 21 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 12,275

I just caught episode three by chance on night. When I saw two little kids trying to bring their mom back to life and creating only a hideous mass of twisted organs with a horrible deathmask of anguish I said to myself, "Yep, this is my kind of show."

--------------------

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Apr 22 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,556

i was searching for full metal panic, and i downloaded ep like 14 of FMA on accident, and it was a great episode, i think it was the Rush Valley. anyways, from there, i dled all the episodes i had missed and continued following the series from there.

--------------------

my onee-chan: xrninja :]

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Apr 22 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #75

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Hmm . . . haven't posted in this thread yet. biggrin.gif

I used to be a gamer first and anime fan second, but now with the emergence of FMA in my life, that distinction has disappeared. I watched a lot of anime when I was young, mainly because that's really all they showed in Hong Kong that was directed towards children. Cantonese dubs, on the whole, aren't ALL bad, but I prefer the original Japanese even now.

I am also a bit of a Squaresoft fan, and I heard about the FMA game that they were producing and decided to check it out (and at that time, it didn't look too bad). Being the video game musician that I am, I searched for, found, and downloaded the FMA soundtrack, thinking it was the one from the game. It apparently wasn't, but I remember falling in love with the song "Brothers" almost instantly, and I sought to find out just what the FMA anime would be about.

Around the same time last year, there was an anime convention that I went to (the first con I've ever been to, since it was close), and they had a showing of FMA there. They showed the first three episodes, but I was already hooked after the end of the first one (good music, nice storyline, great concepts).

And that is how I got into anime again. Before FMA, I barely knew anything about anime. All the terminology people use when talking about it anyway. Now though, I'm proud to say that I do know a lot about the subject, even if I haven't been an aficionado for as long as some of you here. biggrin.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css