Reply to this topicStart new topic
Teenage Rudeness, Adolescence = Bad Manners
Bling_bling_Ange...
post Mar 18 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #31

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,504

No, guys... what were saying here is that the majority of teens today think that the definition of being yourself is in being rude to virtually everyone... I never said any of us here are like that...

--------------------

F.L.I.P = F. un/ L. oving/ I. ntelligent/ P. inay

"Vive le Universite du Sto. Thome!" =D Thomasian pride, people!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 18 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #32

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I suppose I'd have to agree with most of the points brought up here, however I can't help but wonder how much blatant egotism is involved with this discussion.
If anyone is guilty of being a narcissistic whiner about her down the tubes teenage generation, it would be me, though. Then again, I'm the biggest hypocrite I know.

But really, I've also done a lot of thinking about various areas of this subject, especially false maturity. In that, so many teens think they're all grown up because they cuss their mouths off, pretend not to care about discipline, and do other obcene things.
Then, I get to wonder whether or not it's more mature to admit your own boundaries, be civil with authority, and just enjoy being a kid while you can.

I've always thought I was so wierd just for getting along with my parents. I don't see how much of a crime that could be. I just love and trust my mother, and I truly enjoy spending time with her. She's not just an authority figure, or a friend; she's my mommy. I listen to what she says, but if she makes a rule or standard I find unreasonable, we have no problem debating it. There's a lot of trust there. I guess I'm just a goody two-shoes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bling_bling_Ange...
post Mar 18 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #33

Major General

Oh, me and my mom are best friends which is why we fight so much... but I love her... happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 19 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #34

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Mar 19 2005, 01:16 AM)
You can pull it off sis tongue.gif I'm behind ya all the way. If you ever need tips on being rude and evil, lemme know biggrin.gif
[snapback]135807[/snapback]

*sniff* Thank-you sis.

I agree with Toby-Chan. The sad thing is, the world has made it so teens try to be adults because they acted like teenagers from the age of eight.

Goody two shoes? Hardly, you have the trust of your parents who can treat you as an adult...something 'rebels' will struggle to ever achieve.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xithion
post Mar 23 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,230

Today, my fourteen year old little sister got in trouble at her softball practice. The coach said she was mouthing off and I know she probably was. Despite that my parents still called the coach and defended my sister. They argued with him for over and hour. After that she sat down with my parents and they we're talking about her attitude. Well they tried to talk to her. She got up from the table, threw a glass at my dad, yelled "I fucking hate you!" and ran up to her room! The glass missed my dad but thats isn't why I'm telling this story. All of this and she didnt even get grounded, or even yelled at. I know if it was me.....I would have gotten kicked out. In fact when I was her age I punched a hole through my door and got kicked out for 3 days! The problem with teenages is lack of dicipline & respect!

--------------------
user posted image
~Lover of Shardy
-Queendom Status: Paladin Knight

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 24 2005, 04:18 AM
Post #36

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Hmph, if anyone has read the Ed/Win topics recently they will have witnessed tennage *I'm cool cuz' I swear* syndrome dry.gif

Oh the shame of it all.

@Xith, Ouch. I know how you feel. My sister is only 11 and although she doesn't swear yet she is getting a real attitude on her.l

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Kr!zY-
post Mar 24 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,305

hi^^ i hope you guys dont mind my input on this matter....

@Chiyo, yeah i witnessed it...i even posted in that thread before registering myself. those 2 (you know the ones, right?) really acted like little brats. hopefully the unregistered one will just bugger off..

@Xithion, heh heh, my 16 year old sister has a mouth on her and i have to put up with her attitude..-_-" i luv my sis, though she can annoy the hell outta me. one time a couple of years ago, i punched a hole in the bathroom wall coz she used all the hot water on purpose just to piss me off, so i had to have an ice-cold shower! (btw, however immature me punching a hole in the wall might have been, i did eventually appologise....:p)dude, if my sister or i threw anything or swore at my mum or dad, whoa, all hell would break loose!!! LMAO!!! ^^
well sorry for blabbing on...lol

+Quote Post
Wise_Alchemist
post Mar 24 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 10,199

What i've noticed in this thread is that your only focusing on a certain group of teenagers. After all there are the shy teens, nice and outgoing teens, and yes rude teens. Yet saying most teens are rude would be stereotyping (which is a bad thing). Well that's my input.

+Quote Post
Sonic-Teal
post Mar 24 2005, 09:37 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,260

As much as I hate to admit I can be that teenager at times, but most of the time I'm nice, slap happy, and understanding. I can be a hypocrite at times, and I do swear at school when the guys piss me off becuase well I see red and don't think straight, I don't know sometimes I think I need to go to anger management. I got grounded for two months once, I was walking down the hallway pissed and then my dad walks along. SO he is walking and I am walking well I shoved him and knocked him in his back. He was alright, but he had a severe back ache for a week, so take my advice when you start fuming watch where you are going. Oh and on a side note hell yea I would get smaked if I ever did it again, and my grandmother hit me on the head wsith her wooden spoon a couple times *ouch*. So beneath the cool, senible, and loveable old me there is dark sonic waiting to disembowl you all, and then decaptate you putting your heads on pikes and wearing your brains as neklaces.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav

+Quote Post
Full Metal Engin...
post Mar 24 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,361

I'm a teen myself and the only thing that I notice ALOT is all the cursing ppl do I mean its horrible everytime one of my friends curse I smack them on the head and tell them to watch their language....thankfully I kno martial arts so if one of them trys to hit me back I can just drop them to the floor and wrestel them untill they give up unless its a girl then I ask her to just watch her language...and the ppl who I think is worst than teens are pre-teens omg they're so annoying when I visit my sister's elemiddle school the little kids there are horrible since I dont to that school anymore I go up to just about each little kid who I saw curse and smack them on the head too...gee smacking ppl on the head is fun biggrin.gif

- Full Metal Engineer

P.S. btw I'm new to the forums so if anyone wants to help me with my avatar/signature just send me a msg/email or w.e

--------------------
user posted image

Son to Ailuro. Little brother to Shardy. Big brotother to Water Alchemist. Little brother to -Kr!zY- . Little brother to Celes. Big brother to Kitty Cat . Big brother to Waterose. Big brother to Blade Alchemist Little brother to Xithion . Same aged brother to MustEd4ever.

Queendom Profession: Blacksmith of the Queendom, if you need weapons then come my way.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Mar 24 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #41

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

how can you complain about the erractic behavior of teenagers? yes they are annoying and they piss you off, but thats the way they are SUPPOSED to be... it would be like me lighting a match, throwing it into a pool of gasoline, and then being amazed when the gasoline lights on fire.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Full Metal Engin...
post Mar 24 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

hey not all teens are bad lets not start stereotyping here...

--------------------
user posted image

Son to Ailuro. Little brother to Shardy. Big brotother to Water Alchemist. Little brother to -Kr!zY- . Little brother to Celes. Big brother to Kitty Cat . Big brother to Waterose. Big brother to Blade Alchemist Little brother to Xithion . Same aged brother to MustEd4ever.

Queendom Profession: Blacksmith of the Queendom, if you need weapons then come my way.

+Quote Post
Blade Alchemist
post Mar 24 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,558

Seriosly don't create stereo types. I agree with Full Metal Engineer not all are bad.
I'm a teen too and i'm polite to people if they're nice and don't insult me, my family, or my friends.

--------------------
IPB Image
Free Cookies!!
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Engin...
post Mar 24 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

I myself only treat ppl bad when my little sister bothers me up to the point in which I'm angry but when shes away I'm like the complete opposite...wow I'm so unmodest lolz laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Bling_bling_Ange...
post Mar 27 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #45

Major General

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Mar 24 2005, 08:12 PM)
how can you complain about the erractic behavior of teenagers? yes they are annoying and they piss you off, but thats the way they are SUPPOSED to be...  it would be like me lighting a match,  throwing it into a pool of gasoline, and then being amazed when the gasoline lights on fire.
[snapback]138678[/snapback]

*sigh* 9_9...

Dad, do you have to be so... so... *sigh*... correct... dry.gif!

Dammit! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css