HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
An Article On Arakawa Sensei In A Chinese Commic Magazine, information on arakawa, fma, and photos of her Ushigoya studio, etc.
thunderbreak
post Oct 17 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,553

posted on Baidu

all in image format,which also have photos inside arakawa sensei's house ,weapons,skeletons etc as her drawing models ,,some cow related products,her bookshelf,an al miniature etc.
link from baidu,orginal post by jianghu envy.
credits to baidu and poster.
no copyrights infringement intended.
I hope i am not misleading,but the title is not easy to translate.it's something like cow's house from dojo.

some are known to us so i only translate some important points.if you feel interested,you may translate the whole magazine.
this magazine ,i think is quite recent.

after graduate from a polytech school,she works in a disabled welfare institutions,so she has a deep understanding on prothesis.

arakawa herself,acknowledge that she like to draw strong,stable,passionate 'uncle' types of characters

arakawa's FMA initial draft is about :ed and al saves a villager from being bullied by his master on their journey

she likes san guo zhi(Sangokushi in japanese,you'll find this is used in some manga /anime story lines).she uses themes from sangokushi such as cunning tactics(like roy's plan to bait the homoculus),loyalty to fullmetal alchemist.

(i'm not sure how to translate some of the lines)

for writing fullmetal alchemist,arakawa has research a lot of books,which includes alchemy,war(which includes Karl Von Clausewitz's Vom Kriege/on war),fighting skills.(i am summarise from some book names)

there's still some points I 've not translated yet.i'll translate later.if you want a particular translation please tell.

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 17 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thank you, thunderbreak!! happy.gif My slow connection is giving me a hard time reading the post in the linked forum, but I recognize some of the pics, and some info from past interviews, like pics of inside the Arakawa-sensei's Ushigoya studio where Arakawa-sensei and her staff create FMA, and pics of collection of "cow themed" products she has in the studio. I think I saw some of these in GanGan mag's past articles that were part of "Visiting our manga Artist's work place!" series. The format of the article seems quite similar. smile.gif

Is this a free standing magazine/ booklet on Arakawa-sensei for sale in HongKong? Or, is it some article consisting of a collection of info on Arakawa-sensei? If so, do you see in that forum post where this article is located? Is it on some magazine? Or is it on some Web site? Do you know who compiled this info/ or if this is a "magazine" then the writer of this "magazine"? Additional info on the article's writer/source, etc. would be appreciated. ^^

But, either way, it's a nice collection of pics and info. ^^ About the title, "cow's house from dojo" part... it goes something like... A master Samurai manga artist from 'Ushigoya dojo' or something like that. (Note: Ushigoya means cow stable and that's what Arakawa-sensei calls her maga studio, and "dojo" is a Japanese word for particular type of place/school where martial art is taught, like, Kenjitsu dojo where Japanese sword fighting skills are taught.)

I will keep this here for a while, and later move to About Arakawa-sensei thread later. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Oct 17 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

@tombow:its from Animation&Comic Fans (动漫贩),a anime and comic magazine from beijing.this is the october issue.
some info on this in chinese http://baike.baidu.com/view/357157.htm
it's part of the magazine.the front part(after the first pic on ed) is an introduction on fma.it goes on to say"after FA(ie brotherhood) is released,people get more curious about arakawa sensei".the words are too bright so here's what i can make it out.

this particular thread does state where the article is from but the thread author writes 贩子 so i dont catch it at first,and this is the first time i ever hard of the magazine.

baidu doesnt allow pictures to post outside so i am wondering how to show it here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 18 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #4

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thank you, thunderbreak for more info!! biggrin.gif I edited the thread title accordingly. ^^
As for reposting the pics that are on Baidu site, if the situation is that the direct linking is not allowed but reposting of the pic is all right, then you can SAVE that pic on your computer, then upload that to Photobucket or Tinypicks or some other equivalent on-line pic hosting site to get the URL of the pic, and then post that URL here, eather just as a link, or as an image by using IMAGE code?? But, if Baidu site says they don't allow reposting of those pics on outside of their site, then please honor that and don't repost. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Oct 18 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #5

Apprentice

hey ,thanks for edit the title.i need to translate for some time first.if u post outside baidu,the picture willl not work.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 18 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

zomg how many cow related products XD haha thanks for posting, is that an Ed carboard cut out!? lulz OMG I WANT ONE! XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 18 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 18 2009, 03:14 PM) *
zomg how many cow related products XD haha thanks for posting, is that an Ed carboard cut out!? lulz OMG I WANT ONE! XD

I want life-size one! XD

Very useful article, thank you! Didn't know that Arakawa worked with disabled. That would explain the perfect look of prosthesis she draws!

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 18 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Oh, I remember that Alchemist94 from Hagarenbbs posted a translated version (Japanese->Chinese) of this article before. It's too bad that hagarenbbs forum is down...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post Oct 19 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 208

those scans looked so blurry (at least, for the text).
I can read chinese as well and I was having a hard time trying to read it.

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Oct 21 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #10

Apprentice

@tin
lunlau
for the first text yes(imo)
but the chinese text are really hard to translateits a few days b4 i figured out how to translate ye2 er2 men2 de4 lang4 man4-something like nakama/bonds instead of romance which would be realy weird in the context.still i havent put this line in as i havent translate whole article

@aa battery.
i think the article u mention is a direct interview on arakawa sensei.it's a bit similar,but this one is more of a background approach.i think the link is still available at baidu.and it is a translation directly from fma offical website article.smile.gif

i'm very busy so it will be some time b4 i get this translated.anyone who can translate can help smile.gif

some points
on "7 回复:..."
#arakawa has 3 sisters and one younger brother
#her character is tomboyish(that's what the article says...)
#after graduate from a polytech school,she works in a disabled welfare institutions,so she has a deep understanding on prothesis.
#(untranslated)
# in 1999 she receive an award from ENIX21 and here's where her career starts

on " 12 回复:... "

left pic: color pad colored by arakawa herself.
draft pic: original draft which have been
pic below draft pic:skeleton made in Germany(of course it's fake,made in plastic)
pic on right of skeleton pic:models of guns,long range and short range.
top right corner pic:original draft which have been classified by written words.
pic on right and from top:gun model used for drawing.very old type of model.
bottom right corner pic:fighting tools,looks like it's also a drawing model(would she used this for fighting after exhausted from drawing?)

on 11 回复:

pic on middle on top-she wrote "mimake"(or something like it) in hiragana.on top of that volume 19 is written .there's a cow signature there.that pic is initially drawn for volume19 but it wasnt used in the end.anyone can make that pic out
pic on bottom ,left:pic on military ranks

lol the cardboard ed seems very nicely cut!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post Oct 21 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 208

I was actually a professional Chinese-English translator for a few years. (Previously worked on the Hong Kong DVD release of Jackie Chan's "The Myth", "Rob-B-Hood" and etc.) Think you'll have a better time if you can type some of the harder stuff for me. I'm using a netbook with a 7" screen so everything looks miniscule to me.

+Quote Post
redfirelily
post Nov 1 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 67,142

Thank you so much for the translations and the links! happy.gif

I love things with cows too XD I may be.. the future Arakawa! 8D jk... but it's because in Turkish we call nerds "cows" and I always have to do a lot of assignments. dry.gif

There's something special about those models and sheets and drafts! I wish I could work there! *__*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:37 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css