HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Manga Recommendation, Anybody know of any good manga?
Ryuji1314
post Feb 6 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,944

I prefer the Evangelion manga and well the Kingdom Hearts manga (I heard) is pretty good.

--------------------
IPB Image
Uncle to sharpieaddicted and MustEd4Ever
Older Bro to alchemist x
Big Bro to silver bg
'Lil Bro to Celestial Fangirl
'Lil Bro to Le Monkey
'Lil Bro to Falling_man
Lone Wolf Brothers: phoenix alchemist and Ryuji1314
Bro to Mike

Another Forum I got to now: IPB Image <-- Click Here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amur
post Feb 11 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 2,870

IMMORTAL RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if you do read it, please tell me in the Immortal Rain forum. We need more fans!

--------------------
.gnimoc si erutuf ehT Are you ready?

+Quote Post
Ryuji1314
post Feb 12 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,944

QUOTE(Amur @ Feb 11 2005, 04:19 PM)
IMMORTAL RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if you do read it, please tell me in the Immortal Rain forum. We need more fans!
[snapback]111804[/snapback]

never heard of it... hmmm is it good at all?

--------------------
IPB Image
Uncle to sharpieaddicted and MustEd4Ever
Older Bro to alchemist x
Big Bro to silver bg
'Lil Bro to Celestial Fangirl
'Lil Bro to Le Monkey
'Lil Bro to Falling_man
Lone Wolf Brothers: phoenix alchemist and Ryuji1314
Bro to Mike

Another Forum I got to now: IPB Image <-- Click Here

+Quote Post
Chibi-Usa
post Feb 14 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,180

Kingdom hearts has a manga?

--------------------
IPB Image
^ My siggie was made by the wonderful Riza Babe!^

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Feb 15 2005, 08:16 PM
Post #20

Guests

Priest or Battle Royale. Lots of Gore/Blood. Not for the Faint.

+Quote Post
Negi
post Feb 16 2005, 05:42 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 7,703

Negima and Initial D. Funny stuff there

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kaji_Renkinjutsu
post Feb 16 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

From: Why the hell do you care?! Back OFF!! (Damn you people..)
Member No.: 7,884

QUOTE(Negi @ Feb 16 2005, 05:42 AM)
Negima and Initial D. Funny stuff there
[snapback]114879[/snapback]

Negima is awesome...Negi is so kawaii when he can't reach the chalk board..X3

Oh, and DNAngel is good too. happy.gif

--------------------
I'm right 40% of the time...who cares about the rest of the time? o.0

My forum family:
Little sister to Celes

+Quote Post
Kakashi
post Feb 19 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 263

Death Note. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Phyco girl (not letting me log i_*
post Feb 20 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #24

Guests

These are ones that I think are good:

Action: Rave Master: It's pretty good if you like an adventure but you have to be committed it's 29 books long!!!

Comedy: Sgt. Frog: It's super funny! It dosn't have that much of a storyline though. Still it's really good. 9 books long

Assorted: Girl Got Game: It's a romance/comedy. Really funny. About a girl named Kyo who has to dress like a boy so she can be on one of the best high school Basketball teams. It was all her dad's doing though so don't blame her! Her dad forged her papers without asking her so she could furfill his dream. 10 books long

Ichigo 100%: You can read this on the internet. So far there are only 107 chapters. romance/comedy.

Pretty Face: About this guy named Randoh who gets in a bus accident and body is almost completely burned then this guy restores him but thought he was a she so now he has the face of a girl. The face of the girl he has a crush on whose picture he had in his pocket. Then he meets the girl on the sidewalk and she thinks it's her twin sister Yuna who ran away from home a year ago. He has to keep pretending to be Yuna until he finds the real Yuna. Anyways it's a romance/comedy and kinda weird or however you spell that. You can read it off the internet

Romance: Pita-Ten: Pretty good. About a peppy angel who lives next to a boy named Kotaru. Funny too. Only 8 books long.

You can go to Tokyopop.com if you want some more info on some of the books.

You can also read Fullmetal Alchemist the manga if you haven't already read it. Hope I was of help!

+Quote Post
Rei Valentine
post Feb 21 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 8,088

i got a few

BLEACH
Full Metal Panic
Legal Drug
Tokyo Mew Mew
DN Angel
Chrono Crusade
Yugioh
Excel Saga

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Azn_Lite_*
post Feb 22 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #26

Guests

Just wanted to add these titles. One of the best ones I've read.

Action:
666Satan
Black Cat
Bleach

Romance:
Salad days
Kimi Shika Iranai
Akkan Baby

Action/Comedy/Romance:
Kagetora

Everyday life:
Say Hello to Black Jack

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Feb 22 2005, 11:22 AM
Post #27

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

Anything by Tanemura Arina is pretty good (and the artwork is awsome): ION, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Full Moon wo Sagashite...

Samurai Deeper Kyo is also very cool once the storyline starts picking up. happy.gif The artwork is excellent and the character development is handled well...(Sasuke is awsome! laugh.gif)

Penguin Brothers is also a very good shoujo manga for those who don't like overly girly or mushy heroines. laugh.gif

@Azn_life-guest-san: 'Kimi Shika Iranai' was fun...It's very short but the pacing is done very nicely.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 17 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #28

Guests

Alright I haven't read too much manga but heres what I have read.

Inuyasha: It's alright has an interesting plot line but it goes on FOREVER! Don't expect to read the whole series in just a little while. It's a nice mix of comedy/romance/action.

Full Metal Alchemist: Beautiful story line, a true master peice if I ever saw one. Romance very rarely presents itself in the storyline but it is action filled and the suspense is amazing. Not to be missed.

Chobits: I didn't really finish this series because though it wasn't boring, it was extremely slow. The story line its self was interesting but some of the details of the story were crude and kinda insulting to the whole scenerio so needless to say I lost interest.

Salad Days: To my knowledge you can only find this particular manga series in english on websites. This is complete and utter Romance/Comedy, a collection of short stories about romantic episodes in ones life. They are NOT always happy endings! The series has very little mature content, which is rare in a lot of popular manga.

Lilim Kiss: This was to say the least a very interesting series. However it lacked a in depth plot line, and didn't seem to go any where, some of the characters were also very unrealistic. However despite it's flaws I enjoyed this manga as well.

Ichigo 100%: This is one of my favorite series of manga so far. Other than my very few favorites this beats most manga's I have read. A truly entertaining Romance/Comedy that pulls you in whether you like it or not. Though every once in awhile you might grow bored of it because the main character is so incredibly dense.

Fruits Basket: Another one of my favorites, the plot does not really reveal itself until later on in the series but it is a very incredible manga series. Another true master peice, though you may be turned off a little by the drawings inside. (I sure was... they kinda scared me... lol.)

I've read others but these are some of my favorites so I recomend you read them. Toodles.

+Quote Post
Philosopher'...
post Apr 17 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 11,277

You're gonna have to do some hunting for some of these, these are all my personal favorites.

Monster: An excellent mystery thriller that I think is under-appreciated by anime/manga fans. Art and plot are both pleasing. You can get it off of AnimeDirect. The plot is about Dr. Tenma (set in Germany though), a brilliant brain surgeon who is drawn into mysterious events that crop up years after he saves a boy from a bullet wound to the head.

Parasyte: Seems like it would be a bad sci-fi slasher flick, but trust me, it is DONE WELL. Alien parasites invade the planet and supplant the heads of their human hosts, morphing themselves to both disguise and kill their prey. Shin, average high school student, is infested as well, except his hand (as opposed to head) is replaced by an erstwhile companion who bent on its own survival and its host's at any cost. The interactions between "Lefty" and Shin are quite funny at times. Lefty is easily one of my favorite characters of all time.

Love Hina (yes, you've all probably read this): The only romantic harem comedy that I've managed to hold an interest in. It's sort of "meh" after volume 8, but still it is definately worth reading. A complete loser name Keitaro tries to get into Tokyo U because of a promise he made to a girl when he was five or six-ish. He's already failed to get in twice. Kicked out of his home he makes his way to the Hinata Hot Springs Inn, except of course, it is now a girls dorm. Romantic subplots and wacky hijinks insue.

Nausicaa: Miyazaki's one and only manga, and easily amongst his best work. It has everything anyone would want in a manga: epic wars, an evil Holy Emperor, a dash of intrigue, sprawling plotline, mysterious allusions to the past and compelling characters. It takes place in a feudal-steampunk world that was created far after the collapse of advanced civilizations (think starships). Also poisonous fungal forests filled with killer insects cover much of the world.

Battle Angel Alita: Post-apocalyptic world where cybernetics is common. Takes place in the "Scrapyard" over which a technologically advanced city whose denizens both rule and suck out the life of the Scrapyard. Main character is "Alita" a female cyborg who retains knowledge of her martial arts but not her past.

Planetes: Haven't personally read it, but I have seen the anime. An adult drama that has a very realistic portrayal of the future of space development. It centers around Hachi and the debris collecting division of Technora. Debris-collecting, while necessary to space development, is a thankless task that is looked down upon by the corporate elite. Easy to relate to if you've ever felt like life is trying to kick you in the teeth when you're down.

+Quote Post
Hawkeyes counter...
post Apr 21 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 12,176

I can think of a few well known ones smile.gif, like:

Fruits Basket (funny)

Full Metal Alchemist (awesome^_^)

Tactics (folktails^_^)

Azumanga Daioh (comic strip)

Chobits

Prince of Tennis

I hope I helped biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

-A Dream Within A Dream, by Edger Allen Poe

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css