HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma 1, Fma 2, Fma 3, Which One Is Sadest/ Best/your Fav?
Tyna
post Dec 29 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,129

Yeah, not trying to fight here either. I guess what I mean to say was more like if anyone like FullMetal Alchemist for its difference and uniqueness, then there's no way they'll like anything by SquareEnix, like that Broken Angel story.

You see, every anime these days are like a guy who's handsome, and a girl who captures his heart but suffers and needs his help. He saves her and the world and they're all happy in the end. Everything is like that these days, especially those SquareEnix games. The girl is the key to saving the world and she needs a goodlooking guy by her side. Just think of Yuna, Aeris, Rinoa, and Garnet. I mean, no offense at all. People might actually like those stories, but like I said, I always like to pursue newer stuff, so those bore me really bad. So old. And Broken Angel (again, no offense) is just one of those old corny stories to me.

I mean, come on now, a wing, suffers from a past she don't know, argue with the guy but then in the end, developing something between them. and she dies, and he was sad. U knoe, they tried to make it that they argue so when she dies, it'll be sadder 'cuz we'll be like, "NO! They won't even argue anymore!" They tried everything to make us sad, it seems.

Let's see:

1. The letter in the end, when Armony was talking in the letter.
2. Armstrong said that "She would have been a great alchemist indeed".
3. Ed said, "But if you die, everything ends". Strangely, when I heard that, it doesn't strike me 'cuz i remember hearing another anime character saying it before. I don't remember who. But Ed didn't strike me 'cuz he wasn't the first one to say it.
4. The pastor made a flower field.
5. Roy nearly cried, which was stupid by the way 'cuz he don't cry to start with, especially over a girl that he don't know. He never even talked to her face to face.

Yeah, so i guess they did all that in the end to make us cry, but I was like yawning and like, "You know, it ain't working".

And what more, in the end, when Ed was all trying to go against Roy and everyone to save Armony, he terribly reminded me of Tidus when he found out Yuna was gonna die. The stupid emotional wuss (Tidus of course) was all breaking down and crying. And it kills to see Ed like that 'cuz he's emotional, but not...that way. I don't know, it's just something I can't explain.

And yet again, we see another old thing that Square has once again repeated. The idea that the guy would go against everything outta his way, against what he had to save his precious girl. In FFIX, Zidane decided to quit Tantulus to go with Garnet. And here, Ed was willing to beat the crap outta Major Armstrong and his higher rank officer, Mustang, just for the girl. And the way he acted, it was emotional and dramatic, but it's not Ed's emotional and dramatic. It looks like they took Tidus and put into him at that point.

I don't know. I can't explain it. It's one of those things that we can see rather than say.

Anyways, to top it all, it's just old, and I'm bored.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Dec 29 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 29 2005, 07:50 PM) [snapback]334896[/snapback]

Yeah, not trying to fight here either. I guess what I mean to say was more like if anyone like FullMetal Alchemist for its difference and uniqueness, then there's no way they'll like anything by SquareEnix, like that Broken Angel story.

You see, every anime these days are like a guy who's handsome, and a girl who captures his heart but suffers and needs his help. He saves her and the world and they're all happy in the end. Everything is like that these days, especially those SquareEnix games. The girl is the key to saving the world and she needs a goodlooking guy by her side. Just think of Yuna, Aeris, Rinoa, and Garnet. I mean, no offense at all. People might actually like those stories, but like I said, I always like to pursue newer stuff, so those bore me really bad. So old. And Broken Angel (again, no offense) is just one of those old corny stories to me.

I mean, come on now, a wing, suffers from a past she don't know, argue with the guy but then in the end, developing something between them. and she dies, and he was sad. U knoe, they tried to make it that they argue so when she dies, it'll be sadder 'cuz we'll be like, "NO! They won't even argue anymore!" They tried everything to make us sad, it seems.

Let's see:

1. The letter in the end, when Armony was talking in the letter.
2. Armstrong said that "She would have been a great alchemist indeed".
3. Ed said, "But if you die, everything ends". Strangely, when I heard that, it doesn't strike me 'cuz i remember hearing another anime character saying it before. I don't remember who. But Ed didn't strike me 'cuz he wasn't the first one to say it.
4. The pastor made a flower field.
5. Roy nearly cried, which was stupid by the way 'cuz he don't cry to start with, especially over a girl that he don't know. He never even talked to her face to face.

Yeah, so i guess they did all that in the end to make us cry, but I was like yawning and like, "You know, it ain't working".

And what more, in the end, when Ed was all trying to go against Roy and everyone to save Armony, he terribly reminded me of Tidus when he found out Yuna was gonna die. The stupid emotional wuss (Tidus of course) was all breaking down and crying. And it kills to see Ed like that 'cuz he's emotional, but not...that way. I don't know, it's just something I can't explain.

And yet again, we see another old thing that Square has once again repeated. The idea that the guy would go against everything outta his way, against what he had to save his precious girl. In FFIX, Zidane decided to quit Tantulus to go with Garnet. And here, Ed was willing to beat the crap outta Major Armstrong and his higher rank officer, Mustang, just for the girl. And the way he acted, it was emotional and dramatic, but it's not Ed's emotional and dramatic. It looks like they took Tidus and put into him at that point.

I don't know. I can't explain it. It's one of those things that we can see rather than say.

Anyways, to top it all, it's just old, and I'm bored.

thats a good point. thank you for that also [<---no sarcasm] Square does like to put things from their past game into the newer ones
[EX]Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts. we're kinda going off topic so i won't say anything else on the matter, to me i just like sappy stories laugh.gif ;;

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Tyna
post Dec 30 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Yeah, thanx 4 understanding. Like I said b4, no offense to those who actually like those old, corny, sappy stories. But for me, I just like unique stuff so i get bored easily.

i guess there's no point arguing further 'cuz we all think in different ways.

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Dec 31 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

I still think the first was sadder. I am a sap for FMA so I will fall for anything about it. Even what you call "Mary sue stories" but i still enjoy them,

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 2 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 04:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

Bah, u people are just softies.

And if ur a true fan of FMA, then there's no way u'll like those Mary Sue stories of SquareEnix. Trust a Gemini when she says this. Us Geminis have a thing for unique or boring stuff, and we know which is which.

you know, Arakawa Hiromu also took part in creating those original characters, so what do you mean by "true fan of FMA should not like the game characters"? So are you dissing Hiromu Arakawa too?

Everyone has their own Point of View, some like the OC, some don't, so what?

-___-

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
NinjaKasumi123
post Jan 5 2006, 05:17 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 26,368

sad.gif FMA and the broken angel because Armony and her father died... sad.gif so... i cried... its the saddest...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 15 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jan 2 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]336341[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 04:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

Bah, u people are just softies.

And if ur a true fan of FMA, then there's no way u'll like those Mary Sue stories of SquareEnix. Trust a Gemini when she says this. Us Geminis have a thing for unique or boring stuff, and we know which is which.

you know, Arakawa Hiromu also took part in creating those original characters, so what do you mean by "true fan of FMA should not like the game characters"? So are you dissing Hiromu Arakawa too?

Everyone has their own Point of View, some like the OC, some don't, so what?

-___-

i belive there was a novel for that also like The Land of Sand and there was also one for Akaki Elixir no Akuma so yeah, she DID create them O_<

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Tyna
post Jan 27 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

I know she did, but I'm sure she didn't create the whole story herself. She's one original manga writer, and Broken Angel was NOTHING of original, so I don't believe she did it all herself.

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Feb 4 2006, 03:35 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

Hmmm...I have just finished both games with TONS of help. XD;;

I think the first. Don't exactly know how to explain why.

I guess...there was more emotion for Ed...and everyone has to love Edo-kun! happy.gif He was CRYING. Come on...he cries, I cry.

I don't like Armony all too much, and I don't think they were "meant for each other", but I'm not heartless. I can't watch something like that and not get sad. T______T

I don't know what you guys feel, but maybe I'm just a good ol' softie.

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
Xkeenz
post Jun 10 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 35,625

Number one was sadder i think

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Jun 10 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

yeah but nu,ber two had more ties to the anime/manga story(bringing back to life aspect) but the emotion is both games got me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMA4ever
post Jun 30 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 34,479

I think the first game was very sad! When Armony died at the end and when Ed cried...I cried! It was sad! sad.gif And even when Roy was with Riza and he put the flowers down and a whole bunch bloomed. *tear*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hanozo
post Sep 4 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,469

I say Secound one is more sad since three friends suffer from a past mistake. And then in the end he wants to die with them but he gets dragged.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMA4ever
post Sep 4 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 34,479

QUOTE(Hanozo @ Sep 4 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]441945[/snapback]

I say Secound one is more sad since three friends suffer from a past mistake. And then in the end he wants to die with them but he gets dragged.

Yeah that part was sad too! sad.gif I don't know which one it worse!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OddiElric
post Jul 28 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 47,133

I have only seen things from the first game! It was sad it made me cry. Personaly I think Ed just cared about Armony like a sister not a lover. He was upset when she died because she was his apprentice and you know he had to protect her. I think it would be pretty lame if they got together because its a videogame it would be better if it happened in the series.

Just one girl's opinion. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:06 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css