HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Reflections/thoughts On The FMA Manga Series Being Concluded, Warning: Potential spoilers for ALL chapters of FMA manga!!
Tombow
post Jun 6 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

If you wish to add your comments/thoughts/reflections on the FMA manga series being concluded, this is the thread.
Please share your thoughts on FMA manga series being concluded, or "thank-you"s to the author, Hiromu Arakawa, what FMA managa meant in your life, reminiscing some of the memorable moment in your life that involved FMA managa, etc., etc., on this thread. happy.gif

<Reminder>:
If you post is mostly about your comments and thoughts for chapter 108 content, then please use Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Content Discussion Thread.

If your post is mostly about your thoughts on the ending of FMA manga storyline/how the series has concluded, then please use FMA Manga Ending: Your Thoughts On How The Series Concluded thread.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jun 9 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,970

well. still in denial and relapsing here and there. cannot concentrate much on the exam. if it's just me or everyone feel the same? ; A ; I just knew FMA for about 2 years ago and regretting the rest 7 years that passed by long ago.

FMA is, well, what I think is that FMA is the best Manga I ever read. I read a lot of manga, watching so many Anime. but there is just nothing can compare the awesome-ness of Fullmetal Alchemist, for me. the story line is awesome, the ending is also awesome. the characters (EDWARRD), the happy memories, sad and traumatic childhood stories, things like that.
I dont know why I've got heart ache and a weird tight feeling in my chest since then ; w ; I just dont want it to end just now. haa~. yes, I'm over reacting but I did cry a lot in the monday midnight.

a~nd now I don't know what to do every month, when I usually waiting for the raws or the scans to show up. and also the Brotherhood series every week. FMA is more like a life suplement for me, the only thing that can make me smile!

thanks a lot, Hiromu Arakawa-sensei! :') you brought so many happy memories in my life biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 9 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

^ Yeah, for a lot of people this is an emotional thing in a way that many people wouldn't understand. For people that aren't really big fans of this series we probably seem like the biggest nerds on the planet, but I don't care. XD I've followed FMA for years now, I remember the day my sister showed me the first episode dub on our DVR, and at the end of the episode I said, "I don't know, it seems a little weird for me." Haha! That was about 4 years ago? I remember the first anime being in it's final stretches when I discovered the manga, and fell in love with it. I remember going through that newby "Ed is mine!" phase, where I hated Winry, but now she's one of my favorite characters. It was a great series, no doubt about it. And I am happy that I was able to be apart of it and share it with the kind people of these forums. It was fun. smile.gif

I notice a lot of people are upset about Ed and Winry getting so much screentime (Eeerrr, pagetime? xD) But in reality, it's not really THAT much. I mean they get like 5 pages out of... what are we expecting? 113? Yeah, not really something to make a big hubub out of. So I think we should all just chill until all the pages are out. *sigh* Some people just can't handle spoilers.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jun 9 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 9 2010, 05:28 PM) *
^ Yeah, for a lot of people this is an emotional thing in a way that many people wouldn't understand. For people that aren't really big fans of this series we probably seem like the biggest nerds on the planet, but I don't care. XD I've followed FMA for years now, I remember the day my sister showed me the first episode dub on our DVR, and at the end of the episode I said, "I don't know, it seems a little weird for me." Haha! That was about 4 years ago? I remember the first anime being in it's final stretches when I discovered the manga, and fell in love with it. I remember going through that newby "Ed is mine!" phase, where I hated Winry, but now she's one of my favorite characters. It was a great series, no doubt about it. And I am happy that I was able to be apart of it and share it with the kind people of these forums. It was fun. smile.gif

I notice a lot of people are upset about Ed and Winry getting so much screentime (Eeerrr, pagetime? xD) But in reality, it's not really THAT much. I mean they get like 5 pages out of... what are we expecting? 113? Yeah, not really something to make a big hubub out of. So I think we should all just chill until all the pages are out. *sigh* Some people just can't handle spoilers.

TRUE. I was baw ing in my school. being so quite that my friends asked me what happened? I said "FMA ENDS!! MY LIFE ENDS!!" and
their reaction was something like "WTF". =__=

I remember my first time liking it. when I read the 19th tankoubon!! bwahahaha. idiotic. i dun even understand the story but I love it anyway tongue.gif

bahahaha, yeah, but I dont mind. it's cute and something that I wanted for so long so I delighted by it biggrin.gif wawawa OwO
well I guess ROYAI will also get MORE pagetime. still 70 more pages left!! before the edwin there must be the royai (i think -__-'') let's just wait biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 9 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post

I will add my thought in a while. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
tigerchic121
post Jun 9 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 60,229

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 9 2010, 05:28 AM) *

The same basic thing happened to me, except it was my brother/dad who showed the series to me, right towards the end of it, and it was on Adult Swim. I remember being so confused but also really intrigued. I'm glad I'm the person who likes to read the manga version (if there is one) of an anime first, because the FMA manga is my favorite that I've ever read. And even though I didn't post on this forum a lot, there was a forum I was on that I did a lot of speculating/freaking out on, and the last few years have been so much better because of it!

And 113 pages! I mean, from what I see I'm already loving this chapter and now there's still dozens of pages left...! I'm sooo excited.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 9 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

<Program Note>

@Kaori Ayanami - I moved your post with your opinion on how the FMA manga series ended to FMA manga ending thread (and merged it to your post there since that was the last post there. ^^)

Let me remind you guys again that this thread is NOT the thread to talk about your opinion on how FMA manga story has concluded. ^^

This is the thread to talk about your reflections and thoughts, for example, how the fact that FMA manga has ended MEANS TO YOU, etc.

If you would like to post your opinions on how FMA manga story line has concluded, please post that on FMA manga ending thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 9 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jun 9 2010, 06:17 PM) *
I'm curious to know what chapter the manga was on when everyone first came to this site. smile.gif

I don't remember about when I came to this site, but when I started watching FMA it was 12 episodes into the series so right after watching that 12 episodes I read whatever scanlations available then...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 10 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jun 10 2010, 02:17 AM) *
I'm curious to know what chapter the manga was on when everyone first came to this site. smile.gif

Hm, I can't remember! I used to lurk around this site before I joined... and I watched series1 anime first.I was probably at about chapter 35/40 when I started coming here to lurk haha.

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Jun 10 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

It's... it's really over?

This is the end of an era D:

Edit- I almost forgot to add my thanks TO EVERYONE. Yes, that means YOU too.

+Quote Post
Hagane
post Jun 10 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 24

I still can't accept it's over, but it was a good journey smile.gif

As my sign says, thanks Arakawa and as Thalogens said, thanks everyone, this only happened because we supported year by year, month by month day by day.

It's a sad departure, but I have a strange feeling that we'll see some more details of the ending, and I hope my feeling gets real tongue.gif

--------------------
Thank you Arakawa!

+Quote Post
Megabyte117
post Jun 10 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 61,530

Wow. Really just an amazing ride that I'm honored to have been a part of. Huge thanks to everyone who contributed and made it possible for others to experience this series.

+Quote Post
Dark_Fishie
post Jun 10 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 11,490

According to my math, I joined this site before the release of chapter 46 (could be wrong thoug =P). My friend gave me the complete anime series for my birthday the month before, and I marathoned it in two glorious days. I then started on the manga, and found this place shortly after.

OT: regarding "FMA manga re-reding from beginning" project.
I think 2 chapters per week is good time wise. However, I think there should be flexibility with the schedule to allow weeks with one chapter discussions so that we are not splitting up two episode arcs into two separate weeks.

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 10 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

Fma is the only manga/anime , that has made me cry . And this is the third time its done it sad.gif
i can't believe its over . I started wit fma durin the previous fifa world cup , and ironically , it ends wit the ongoing one . . . God , i'm sad . . . And i'm surely gonna shed more tears when brotherhood comes to an end sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Jun 10 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

Wow...it's really over. I joined this forum a year and a half ago, and it feels like it's been forever! Just want to say thanks to everyone for being so awesome, to all our translators and the people who work so hard to get us good quality FMA, to the people who keep this board running smoothly. It's been awesome. Of course, I'll be staying around, rereading the manga, probably buying every single volume in English once they're released. It's the end of an era, but it's been a wonderful journey together.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css