HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #22186

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I think people over do Roy's "guilty mode" in terms of Ishval in fanfics. It's not that he doesn't feel guilty about it, but I don't think it's something that makes his sleep disfunctional as well. That's just something to "make a plot out of", you know??
So, of course he's hurt, and feels guilty and responsible and all of that, but it seems as if he has learned to accept that this is what he is and that he has to keep on working in spite of it, and maybe even because of it.
So, like Arakawa said "He hasn't given up". I feel as if Roy has come in terms with his past. (which doesn't mean he's not hurt or that he ignores it)

And it's funny: I don't see Riza as a stern person, like, at all! I can't see her "steaming out" because I think she doesn't need to. I can see her taking a break from work to chat and have tea with the rest of the office just as well. That's just what she is. She's a pain to Roy because he's a slacker, but it's not like she's always "making people work". That's a stereotype of Riza, I think.

That's why I think she's more of a calm drinker, but I don't see her as a puritan, either. She's just quiet... and likes it.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #22187

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^I agree, some people definitely do overdo Roy being guilty. (I never once meant to make out as if he's some depressed pile of self pity. laugh.gif)

And fair enough. wink.gif I see what you mean- I just don't see her sitting there being boring if she were to get a little inebriated. For me a "wild party animal" for Riza would be at least a little dance like I mentioned primarily. laugh.gif I know a lot of people who are reserved in nature but like to get up for a dance when they're drunk. And to me being "wild" is dancing! I don't drink so that's as far as I can think- yes, I am a boring git. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #22188

State Alchemist (Major)

Actually, I don't think Riza would have to drink to dance... I can see her dancing, normally. And liking clothes and putting on make up...

I mean, she's in the military and, even while at uniform, she wears earings! And while in civil clothes, she's always dressed up. So I think she's reserved, but vain as well.

So that's exactly my point! I don't see why Riza would act any differently than Winry, for example. Winry yells at Ed even more than Riza with Roy, but she's vain, and care for clothes and wears perfume... And, for me, Riza is the same. It's not because she takes her job seriously that she's not feminine and even girly, sometimes.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #22189

Group Icon

^I'm not putting myself across very clearly, am I? I apologise. ^^; I wasn't suggesting that she's not feminine just because I can imagine her dancing when drunk; in fact, I agree with you, I actually think that Riza is very feminine- it's silly how a lot of people always insist she's some sort of tomboy. laugh.gif I could see her doing slower types of dances if she was sober...unsure.gif I could definitely imagine her doing ballet, especially when she was younger. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #22190

State Alchemist (Major)

Nah, I wasn't talking about you, specifically. ^^ I get what you mean...

I just think she's a lot more "ok" than most people think she is. And that kinda ticks me, because they usually portray Riza as being this control freak who won't "let herself go". And I think she's more of a normal woman than people give her credit for.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #22191

Group Icon

Oooh, you got me thinking "did I say something like that?" laugh.gif But I get and agree with you. I think Arakawa's women are wonderful, and Riza is certainly no exception. happy.gif I realise the answer to my question seems odd, but I was seriously just trying to come up with some fun answers that I could kinda see happening. But like I said, you always come up with amazing insights.

Touching on the previous post, I've always thought this image to be awesome- It's anime-1, but Riza looks so beautiful in it (well, she does any time! wink.gif ). I'm sure people have already got it in their collections though. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #22192

State Alchemist (Major)

I didn't have it in hq! ^^ And is indeed pretty nice XD

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #22193

Group Icon

@Turdaewen I didn't either until a while ago...I only had a cam pic of it. So I'm glad I found this one. biggrin.gif

|
|
|
|/
@xUltimate Shieldx You know, I could actually imagine Roy working in a flower shop for some reason. o.o

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 18 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #22194

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

To answer the question of the week:

Hm... that's hard. Riza would definitely be a cop or something. She'd catch people like there was no tomorrow xD

As for Roy... that's harder. I feel if he couldn't be in the military he'd be something really random... like run a flower shop. I think he'd have a lot of fun doing that. And he'd always pester everyone who came in and try to give them love/dating advice xD

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #22195

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 18 2011, 05:06 PM) *
To answer the question of the week:

Hm... that's hard. Riza would definitely be a cop or something. She'd catch people like there was no tomorrow xD

As for Roy... that's harder. I feel if he couldn't be in the military he'd be something really random... like run a flower shop. I think he'd have a lot of fun doing that. And he'd always pester everyone who came in and try to give them love/dating advice xD

Lol YES.

Riza would totally be a cop. But Roy would deffinatly do something silly like working in a flower shop xD ANd he'd give the women who came in free flowers, flirt with them and ask them out to dinner or something xD

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jan 19 2011, 04:28 AM
Post #22196

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Since I couldn't picture Riza being drunk, I'll just answer the other question XD

I also see Roy as a politician, and an honest one, while Riza, err, laugh at me but I think she'd make a good newscaster/reporter/broadcast journalist. I think she's the kind of woman who has discipline and can put up a composed façade when in front of an audience, plus her intellect and dedication to whatever she does. happy.gif And she's good-looking too.

But the truth is, that answer was influenced by one of my RL OTPs. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 19 2011, 04:37 AM
Post #22197

Group Icon

^A reporter is a good idea, I think, as long as she's reporting it on TV and being unbiased (like I think she would be) But I couldn't see her being a Newspaper journalist; this is just my opinion but I think that would be too dishonest for Riza, mind you, I think I'm just influenced by the fact that I just don't like the media. laugh.gif I know you didn't suggest a newspaper/tabloid journalist but I just thought I'd put it out there. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 20 2011, 06:07 AM
Post #22198

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

Ooh, I'm sorry to disturb you all...
I'm newbie here and one of RoyxRiza fans...
thank you for all of your great comments about them.. ^^

At what point in the story did you seriously start to think that there's something between Roy and Riza? (Could be during the manga or either anime.)

I don't know why...when they're together and 'team up', it's so interesting that I can't hide my feelings for them, they're an unusual pairing, there's something different about 'em and I really like it very much.
I'm barely really aware that they can be a great couple when I almost reached the ending of the anime series..

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 20 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #22199

Group Icon

Aaaaw, don't worry, you're not disturbing anyone- everyone's welcome! Welcome to the board and the Royai thread, GhyZe!

I realise I haven't answered the above question yet...
I first started to like Royai when I saw the funeral scene. Although I didn't think much of it in anime-1, I definitely started liking it more when I read the manga. That scene, I think, shows the substance and essence of their relationship; in that it portrays what a deep understanding they have of each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 20 2011, 09:33 AM
Post #22200

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

GhyZe--Welcome to the board! We're always glad to have you! smile.gif

Wow, you guys posted a lot since I was on last!

Turdaewen--It's a guilty pleasure of mine to put more angst into Royai than there probably is. I try not to do it too often, but if I didn't do it at least occasionally, I wouldn't have anything to write about!

Anyway, I agree with Riza not being incredibly uptight and/or a tomboy. She's really quite a normal woman. (And I can definitely see her as a "non-drunk" drunk. She'd probably be so high-functioning it would scare everyone else sober. laugh.gif But, you're right, she probably wouldn't let herself get drunk.)

As for Roy's drinking habits, I know we've had this conversation before, and I whole-heartedly agree with the "occasional drinker"/"serious but not emo drunk" people.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:08 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css