HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Let's discuss about CLAMP, Creator of X/1999, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Card Captor Sakura, XXXholic, Wish...
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 17 2004, 03:00 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

CLAMP totally rules. holic is one of my absolute most fave mangas EVAR! is it just me or is watanuki totally adorable? *squee~!* and yuuko is just awesome. she's so devious and diabolique... and a total alcoholic. it's great. she's my hero. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_GuestHole_*
post Dec 17 2004, 08:16 AM
Post #17

Guests

^ I think it's supposed to be XXXholic.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 17 2004, 09:18 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

It's probably a nickname? tongue.gif I've never read XXXholic or don't even know what it's about...
I just ordered Wish and I'm thinking of Lawful Drug....

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 17 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #19

yes, i know it's XXXHolic, but just 'holic' is easier to say. and it's sort of an alternate universe ginormous crossover of just about every work CLAMP has ever done. it is told in tandem with 'tsubasa', so if you read both series, you get both sides of the story. there are a coupole original characters, but lots of familiar faces... syaoran, sakura, mokona, chii... subtle nuances of just about everything CLAMP has ever written. great stuff.

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Guest_GuestHole_*
post Dec 17 2004, 08:59 PM
Post #20

Guests

I like Tsubasa better. The main lady in holic looks awfully creepy.

+Quote Post
Guest_GuestHole_*
post Dec 17 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #21

Guests

I wish CLAMP would use more of MKR characters, though.

[/doublepost]

+Quote Post
Ryan227
post Dec 17 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 3,921

I love Clamp so much. Most of the manga I own is by them, I've read
XXXHolic
Tsubasa
CCS
X/1999
Tokyo Babylon
Clamp School Detectives
Man of Many Faces
Legal Drug

and a little bit of Clamp School Defenders and Suki. I don't really care for Clamp School Detectives I actually like Man of Many Faces better because I really like the school doctor guy and the neighbor hehe I want to see them in other things but no luck. I've only seen some of the Chobits anime, it doesn't look that great well at least not great enough for everything that Clamp makes now to have "From the makers of Chobits" all over it. I can't wait for those chess peices to come out, I want them. My favorite major character is Subaru I LOVE Tokyo Babylon and I actually go through X just to read the parts with him in it sometimes.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 18 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #23

Brigadier General

ooh...XXXholic sounds interesting.. but I haven't probably read enough of their work to completely get it tongue.gif . I don't anything about Tsubasa either tongue.gif

from the makers of Chobits, eh? I think it used to be from the makers of Card Captor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth... they were their biggest hits, right?
I don't know about the Chobits anime, but the manga was fairly good an denjoyable..I wouldn't say though that it was good enough to replace CCS and MKR as "advertisers".

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 18 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #24

holic is great, i like how it's a much darker, more mature story. there are a lot of little mysteries within mysteries that just leave you itching to know what will come next. biggrin.gif i like holic better than tsubasa just cuz i love yuuko (the lady hole said was scary). i don't think she's scary, i think she's awesome!

i think MKR and CCS are the works they are most well-known for...but i much prefer their new style they've adopted for tsubasa and holic. much less swirly shoujou detail, more bold lines, darker shadows... i like the long limbs and the less complicated clothing on the characters now.

and i agree that the chobits anime was a bit of a let down...the manga was much better... but that usually seems to be the case with CLAMP. i can't think of a single CLAMP story that was the same anime as manga... they always change the endings... ;p

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_GuestHole_*
post Dec 18 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #25

Guests

Yea, Angelic Layer the anime is kind of really different from the manga.

CLAMP probably changed their style cause everyone else started to follow their original one. I also like their current style better. The females are now not as skinny.

+Quote Post
Ryan227
post Dec 18 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 3,921

I don't know, I like both of their styles even though I think some of their earlier stuff was weird looking, those kids from Clamp School Detectives freak me out tongue.gif I was thinking about how they (and by they I guess I mean DelRey manga...) use "From the creators of Chobits". Maybe they use that instead of CCS because they're trying to go for an older audience and when a lot of people think of CCS they think that's for little girls and that's not who XXXHolic and Tsubasa are aimed towards.

Oooh yeah in my last post I hardly mentioned Tsubasa, I really, really like it. I love Fai, really him alone is enough to make me love Tsubasa.

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 18 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

Clamp is GOD!!!!!!!!! I own all 18 books of X, 12 books of CCS, 8 books of Tsubasa, Chobits and XXxholic....The others I read on line..... I like their current style now, not a s confusing, and it seems more sophisticated in a way.....

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 19 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #28

Brigadier General

Ooooh... I'm getting very interested biggrin.gif I want to read XXXholic...
About the style: I actually like the pretty shoujo style and the art in MKR, but the art in Chobits was okay too. I can't really say which I prefer artwise.... probably MKR biggrin.gif (Oh well storywise too tongue.gif )
I really liked the MKR anime, but I loathed the end... who knows why.. I thought it was too mushy(wow! and I love stuff like that! Just not now..) and just too different from the manga. I certainly didn't like the killing of certain characters *growl*, but I really loved the anime too. I liked the way that it delved into the chracters and prolonged the story, which usually isn't a good thing, but was very appropriate in this case. It was the first thing that got me into Clamp(that was just some time ago) and of course I ordered the mánga straight away biggrin.gif .
Although before that I had read a bit of Chobits(although now I've read them all), which I had really liked, and a few volumes of X, which really confused me, because I read like vol 4 then 5, then 3... or some kind of wierd order. I really don't have much of a opinion of that series, but it seems promising biggrin.gif .

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
sasuki_604
post Dec 22 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,656

@Kihaku: I think you will like Lawful Drugs, there is lots of shounen-ai hints.

I can't wait to get the 8th book of Tsubasa. The store that sells it ran out sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Roy is always the centre of attention.

+Quote Post
blueices
post Dec 23 2004, 12:12 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

I read CCS from them first (and went crazy buying their artbooks because its sooo pretty)
Then there was X (yup bought that artbook too)
I read Chobits in barnes and Noble haha

Now, Holic is sounding very interesting to me (has it been licensed, and if not, are there translations floating around online?

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css