Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Symphony, FMA Game for Nintendo DS
Rating 5 V
Sonic-Teal
post May 9 2005, 07:08 AM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,260

We need FMA on Xbox come on BIll Gates do what you always do and start a hostile take over.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post May 9 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

QUOTE(Sonic-Teal @ May 9 2005, 08:08 AM)
We need FMA on Xbox come on BIll Gates do what you always do and start a hostile take over.
[snapback]169358[/snapback]

dont you think billgates has enough money? cant we give our FMA money to people that deserve it?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Sith lord Revan ...
post May 11 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,065

As exciting as it ssounds an FMA game for DS will proboly suck do to the fact that the develepre
wont put DSes graphics to the max and use the touch screen the right way.....

--------------------
XBOX RULZ

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post May 11 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ May 11 2005, 10:45 AM)
As exciting as it ssounds an FMA game for DS will proboly suck do to the fact that the develepre
[snapback]170944[/snapback]

Have you seen the pics yet? the graphics are like Super Nintendo Graphics....

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Jing103
post May 11 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 13,057

I doubt a FMA will ever be on the X-Box......why?.....cause Square-Enix has yet to make any games for the console.......but if they did......I think it would be horrible. I really don't like the X-Box.....but, most of the games I have are good or great so......whatever.... dry.gif I perfer the PS2 and PSP.....or even the GC(sometimes)

--------------------
user posted image
"O Children sown from fertile soil, with you acacian eyes so blue...
No wonder that the sky above is always there within your view!
To stumble with eyes looking down is just an ordinary trip,
But while you're looking at the starsits such a graceful, wonderous slip!
This cruel uncaring callous world may betray you all one day,
But here's one thing to keep in mind should disaster come your way.
When made with love and tender care by man or beast or fish or clam,
The one delight to always please is freshly made raspberry jam."

-From an anonymous poet's collective works

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post May 13 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 11 2005, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ May 11 2005, 10:45 AM)
[snapback]170944[/snapback]

Have you seen the pics yet? the graphics are like Super Nintendo Graphics....
[snapback]171092[/snapback]

DS Graphics are like N64 graphics

and I wouldn't get wario Ware :| i had that game i didn't care much for it, to many childish games in it

QUOTE(Jing103 @ May 11 2005, 03:22 PM)
I doubt a FMA will ever be on the X-Box......why?.....cause Square-Enix has yet to make any games for the console.......but if they did......I think it would be horrible.  I really don't like the X-Box.....but, most of the games I have are good or great so......whatever.... dry.gif  I perfer the PS2 and PSP.....or even the GC(sometimes)
[snapback]171110[/snapback]

X Box is a hell of alot better then the crappy Game Cube system dry.gif, Playstation 2 is still great but Right now I am loving the x box more then anything else right now and my Nintendo DS

I'll wait till next year before getting a PSP, damn expensive crap dry.gif and FMA would be good on x box most likly better then the Playstation game

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
Hagaren_Edward
post May 13 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 13,700

*eyes the PS2 and the first 2 PS2 RPG games* I hope 3 is better...The first two's storylines sucked royaly and were utterly boring...

And merr I still want Dream Carnival...

Why the crap is it called Dream Carnival in the first place? Sounds retarded.

In my case it would be called Flame VS FullMEtal Redux, cause those are the only characters I'd bother to fight with Ed n Roy....

and *pokes Kyo* I know you, just thought I'd let you know... Small world eh?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
shogunskey
post May 13 2005, 08:57 AM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,977

you never thought of them setting it up like the GBA games or you never thought of them having you draw the circle?

setting it up like the gba games i thought about the drawing part.

--------------------

"We Knew it was wrong, but we had to try, for her"
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/characte...mp;n=Luiquidice
don't click this link...
Click the link below
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114119582
The World of Warcraft Ending Credits Suddenly Appeared On My Screen When I Had Killed My First Demonologist Warlock

+Quote Post
chibi_kitsune
post May 22 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 14,172

QUOTE(ed's secret agent @ Mar 15 2005, 12:12 PM)
You ALMOST peed your pants? I DID pee my pants!!! Those graphics are mindblowing!!! That looks so awesome, I've gotten total brain damage!!!!
God..... Why can't they keep videgame prices from 25$-100$...........
I'll just get the GBA one........
[snapback]133528[/snapback]

Yah,i'll have to just get the GBA advance one because I don't have a DS and most likly never will. I want to see the graphics but they won't show on my computer.

+Quote Post
shadowshugo
post Jun 27 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 16,008

i think its cool that you draw the symbols, gives it a more "life-like" feel

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Jun 28 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

Why the crap is it called Dream Carnival in the first place? Sounds retarded.

Because its the tournement (sp?). Its what the games based on. Dont worry i HAVE this game...i wont go into it, couldnt be stuffed.

and wow, nice graphics and all. And I luv it how you can draw the transmutation thingo. YAY! Go Dual Sympathy! I also like the name of the game ^^ DUAL SYMPATHY! (or somthing)

EDIT: Look, i just saw on the site, i think you can unlock the epidsode sand watch them on your DS! w00t! Thank god I had a DS and didnt decide to sell it! AMEN!

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
Copycat-Heather-...
post Jul 9 2005, 12:17 PM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 15,247

Thank you god for blessing me with 2 DSes!

--------------------
Holy Ninja, I havent been on in liek two years, srsly.

Forum Family
to be added:little sister:anime_manga_fan
Fiance: Mahou_Alchemist <--- Does this even still apply?

+Quote Post
Karo
post Jul 13 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,905

heh, i only have one. the game looks decent, i wish it would bring out the full potential of the DS though, but oh well.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 21 2005, 07:53 AM
Post #59

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*dances around* I BOUGHT THE FMA DS GAME TODAY~! *is gonna start playing it after checking her university stuff online ^___^*

I also bought Daigasso! Band Brothers~ It's so fun to play Melissa and Ready Steady Go with the NDS~

and NDS don't suck... I won't spent an extra $1000 Hong Kong dollars to buy PSP... and I am not even interested in any PSP games and for NDS, I have at least 5 games I want to play... FMA, Tsubasa, Nintendog, Band Brothers...etc.

Hagaren_Edward: What's wrong with the name "Dream Carnival"? If you think it's retarded, why buy/play it in the first place? sleep.gif

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
mrhomiec
post Jul 29 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 5,106

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jul 21 2005, 07:53 AM)
*dances around* I BOUGHT THE FMA DS GAME TODAY~! *is gonna start playing it after checking her university stuff online ^___^*
[snapback]221486[/snapback]

cools, me too, how far are you? i'm stuck right now trying to defeat Greed for the 2nd time. i can't figure out how to hurt him. grr

as for the game, the touch screen is used for alchemy. for the bottom left part of the screen, depending on who you have selected in your alchemy menu gives you a choice of certain alchemy abilities. if you have Al, you get a kitty cannon ball thingy. this helps cause only certain things can be destroyed with this ability. if you have Roy, you shoot fire. if you have Armstrong, you make stone spikes to come out of the ground. and that's all i have right now. there's room for 4 more. then the bottom right part of the touch screen is to make a wall and create special alchemy when you get close to an item and flashes.
the B/X button is jump, the A/Y button is attack. don't know why they have 2 buttons for the same thing. doesn't make sense to me, unless i'm missing something. don't know what L/R does.

for the story, it's following the anime exactly. it starts out you're trying to defeat the one priest dude for the Philospher's Stone, then it goes into the train incident, then breaking into the one building with the Philospher's Stone factory, and fighting the armor brothers, and so on. i'm at the part where Greed is all "invincible" mode right now in the mansion. i can't seem to figure out how to hurt him.

for graphics, inbetween levels, there's so much dialogue for filling in the gap inbetween gameplay and story. cause of course you can't play through the simple stuff, so you just read all what happens. on the touch screen, you see the faces of whoever is talking, and on the top screen, you see anime still shots from what's goin on. so far, i haven't seen any real animation cutscenes.

as you progress through the game, you unlock "mini-games" you play the mini-games as you go through, but so you can play them any time you want, they become accessible in the menu. you can also unlock character bios, haven't figured that part out yet, but right now, i all i have is Ed and Al.

i believe there's only 1 save slot, so no multiple saves or letting people borrow it. i haven't actually tried starting a new game, just that when you select "Continue" you don't get to choose what to load, it just loads up. everything is in Japanese, alot of trial-and-error is required to navigate the menu and to play the mini-games.

that's all i can think of right now, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

btw, the game is made by Bandai, not Square-Enix. as for the comment on Square-Enix not doing anything for the XBox, they are going to release FFXI on the XBox or XBox360. and that's the only title announced so far. which i kinda think is stupid, cause every hardcore FF player already owns a PS2, so the only reason to release on the XBox is to get the "new" players. and it would probably cost more, since you have to pay for XBox Live, the internet and FFXI, unlike PS2/PC where you just pay for your internet and FFXI. whatever gets them money, right?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css