HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 4: An Alchemist's Anguish - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 4 episodes!
Rating 5 V
edxwinryfan
post Apr 26 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,190

Is this episode supposed to take place after the stuff with Cornello and Rose?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 26 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Yes, because this particular scene in the manga takes place after all of that. I've yet to watch this episode! I really want to wait for some fansubs. tongue.gif But the internet company I'm with won't let me download torrents. D=

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Apr 26 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

This episode was the best, I was totally what I was expecting. I was happy when I saw that Scar killed Tucker too cause that proved that they are really following the manga.

I cried a lot. The scenes with Nina I found it more intense that in the last anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Apr 26 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Nice to see people are really liking this episode. smile.gif

I've yet to find a sub but I'll get around to it tomorrow maybe.

+Quote Post
Mistress of Mise...
post Apr 26 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 34,631

I think this episode was the first one to really impress me. Most of my thoughts have already been voiced by others, but here's a rundown...

- Pacing was perfect, minus the unnecessary recap at the beginning
- Scar and Gran's intro, as well as Maria, etc. was well-done. It was nice to see Gran put up more of a fight than in the first anime.
- Nina was SO cute.
- Loved the flashback to Hoheheim and then Ed deciding to play with Nina. It tied things together very well.
- There were too many hints about Tucker - it was like he was flashing a neon sign, "Hey, over here, I'm going to do something evil!" I'm not too bothered by it, though.
- That entire scene where Ed found out about what Tucker did and then hitting him... Here I was thinking that after reading the manga so much, I'd be prepared for it, but I got teary anyway. ;-; It was a heartbreaking scene. And my god, the music...
- Sitting in the rain + "We're only humans" + Romi Paku-san's amazing acting = bucketloads of tears

I was pretty impressed, as well as relieved to see that they didn't mess up this episode. Hopefully it'll only get better from here.

--------------------

If everything appears to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

+Quote Post
Cece
post Apr 26 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

Oh god I felt like someone squirted a lemon in my eye I cried so much. best episode so far. They really need to do the Youswell episode. Hopefully it will come after episode 5.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 26 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Oh god, somebody give me a box of tissues. I just watched the episode. The pacing in this was perfect... The episode was...perfectly heartwrenching. ;_; Why oh why did they have to make Nina as adorable as she was?! She was even cuter in this than she was in FMA1. Her voice actress too! What an amazing job that little girl did! TBH, I found this whole episode sadder than the first FMA Nina story tbqh. I always thought the manga story was more emotionally gripping, but seeing it animated truly confirmed that.

Ed's expressions were gripping and Paku-san's deliverance of Edward's lines throughout the episode were wonderful. She really made it tug at those heartstrings. I think the tears started when Ed was having it out with Tucker and then got worse when Nina was nudging at Tucker's hand saying "Daddy, Daddy" over and over and crying. ;___; Dear god. I have no complaints on this episode. It was truly awesome. I loved how Alexander tackled Ed of course and his little whines were so cute! The scene in the rain did it for me too. Paku-san, I bow to you! This episode just even further raised my hopes for this anime. It's going to be absolutely incredible.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 26 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #38

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Oh, finally, DDL subs~! *goes dl it*

Next episode is "Colonel, you're useless in the rain!" you say? Nahahaha, so I thought, can't wait~!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 26 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #39

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 26 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Next episode is "Colonel, you're useless in the rain!" you say? Nahahaha, so I thought, can't wait~!

The next episode, according to the official preview is "The Rain of Sorrow."
You can read the translation of the official preview of episode 5 on the first page of this thread. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 26 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Oh, well, "The Rain of Sorrow" sounds better, more FMA-like, but this about colonel, we know that there'll be Roy and mushrooms! wink.gif Fansubs aren't perfect, true, but for ppl not from US/Australia/Canada/UK/other country where FMA:B is streamed officially it's only hope - so just like me (at least till DVD realase)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 26 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #41

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Well, of course, it's "useless" episode. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 26 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Fansubs aren't perfect, true, but for ppl not from US/Australia/Canada/UK/other country where FMA:B is streamed officially it's only hope - so just like me (at least till DVD realase)

And, just for people like you and other members of our board who do not have the access to the official sub, His Name is Unknown and Kale Mustang are kindly volunteering their time and efforts to create transcriptions of the official subs for FMA-2 episodes. I hope others can make a good use of the thread!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mira mirth
post Apr 26 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 44,190

I'll be a rebel and say that I don't think the recap at the beginning of the episode is a totally bad idea. Right now it's unnecessary, of course, but by chapter 80 of the manga, or thereabouts? Every time a new chapter comes out I have to return to the previous one to recall where we're at, with the plot being so intricate. So in the long run, it might not be so useless.

Now, I'm probably in the minority again when I confess that this is my most hated part of the whole manga. I think. I *hate* Tucker and I *hate* what he's done and this particular flavour of angst is for some reason too much for me. Point being: er, I sort of skipped a few parts of this episode, so my review probably won't be so balanced, but - oh my god, Nina is so cute. Her voice! And Alexander was really well done - I love the scene where they have fun outside and Ed chases them with automail transmuted into jaws =) Really, really cute.

Which is, of course, why I couldn't bear to watch them become a chimera =( So depressing, my god. I did see some bits of it and from what I saw, they were really good too. Generally, this episode is very good in terms of pacing, I think. Ad the ending... Ed in the rain, faced with what being an alchemist could mean, how low one could sink, how fine some lines are - that was some pretty potent stuff.

I'm very glad this part is over, however. Tucker and Envy: two creatures I want to see dead. One down, one to go =)

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Apr 26 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Finally I saw the episode !!

perfect episode !!!

I cried ,,,,,,

it is difficult to crying on events you know it previously , but I do !!

I loved the confrontation between Scar & Basque !!

I loved playing with Alexander
hehehehe poor Edo biggrin.gif
he make me Strongly Laughing !!!!

(did any one noticed that Edo was very short in this episode XD)

also I liked to see Roy and Edo together

perfect sad music !!!

Edo sad expressions was a very great !!

I enjoyed in this great episode and I will wait the next always!!

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Apr 26 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #44

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

Finally seen it!

Hmm...I'm not really sure what I can say about the episode to be honest. ^^;
I liked the use of music as well as the cute moments when they popped up in it.

Also, the part with the revelation of Chimera! Nina did actually get my stomach to tense up with anxiety, even though I knew what was going to happen.
But I also think that it could of done with a bit more character development where Shou and Nina were concerned.

Although I'm pleased to see that it still went with the Tucker's being poor before the assessment...the part with where Shou said to Nina that they could play tomorrow though, I just hope that my sister's right when she said that he meant it more as a 'last time he'd get to do that' thing, rather than just as a trick. @.@;
( But to be honest, my gut is pointing to the latter rather than the former for some reason, even though I really don't want it to...)

I also have to confess that I laughed at two of the moments that I wasn't supposed to; the pocket-watch part and where Shou and Nina are laying in a pool of blood...but that last one is because of the fact that the aerial view made it look like Shou was doing some really weird dance move... I hate how my mind works sometimes. ^^;;

As for my opinions on Shou...I really don't know; I don't hate him...but my stomach kind of feels all sicky for my mind to actually think straight in saying anything positive.
I just hope that he was still a loving father to Nina before he snapped. ;_;

Also, the scene that I really wanted to see with Nina nudging dead Shou's hand and saying Daddy over and over again?
It successfully made me tear up. < : (

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Apr 26 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

W-O-W. FINALY! Yay, yay, finally!!! They did it! This what I was waiting for! They passed the test! blowup.gif

Akhem.. apart from the fangirl-ism, Yesh, finally a really awesome episode, not decent but awesome! <3 First of all let me start how in this episode I really appreciated the FMA: B art style. The dark, grey like couloring really matched the story when the episode was drawing to an end! somebody commented on how Bones showed Tucker's mad scientist's side too much and focused too little on the loving father side. Maybe. But then again, it did suit the fast (but not too fast) pacing of the episode. So to me it didn't really seem like that. I'm so glad I can finally say I'm used to the pacing!! <3 Plus I still say Bradley was faaar more obvious than Tucker. Tucker seemed like a neutral character to me at best smile.gif

I usually don't comment on these things but somebody also mentioned Nina's seiyuu is what, 9 years old? If that's true, than kudows to the girl! thumbsup_anim.gif I wish people in my country could do that dry.gif I also really loved the Nina-Elrics playing scenes. Now that was funny and cute! And the music gave a special something, I can't really pinpoint.

Ed's and Tucker's expression at the 'showdown' scene. Priceless. Ed seemed so intense! And when Tucker was crawling to pick up his watch, totally oblivious to the fact that he had just fused his daughter with a dog, two state alchemists witnessed the outcome, one even beat the living crap out of him. None of those things really mattered now. Nina is long gone. It's just the profession that matters. The silver watch matters, the silver watch.. That's what that scene got me thinking!

I really enjoyed how they showed the atmosphere and the personalities of Mustang's team. And Mustang himself was just how he must be too. I actully think this series captures his character more, than the 1st series. In FMA 1 he was too laid back. It's nice to see some cocky outburts on his side too. Besides at the end, when he was talking to Hawkeye and Ed in the rain, it showed Mustang can take things seriously. That scene was breathtaking too. I loved it how Mustang made a comment about the devil and when he compared the work of a soldier to the thing that Tucker, while walking down the stairs, like walking deeper into hell. And don't get me started on Romi Paku's performance!

Last but not least: Scar. There couldn't have a been a more artistic, not too overly dramaic introduction of his character. The Gran vs Scar showdown, the display of Scar's raw style, great foreshadowing on Scar's intentions overall and the cherry on the top, Scar's intense look at the torned sky, like looking at his own future, approaching it that wrapped the episode. Simply brilliant! girl_sigh.gif

P.S. I lol'd when I saw Yoki biggrin.gif Though I am going to miss the mine episode. It's one of my favourite episode, as far as humour is concerned sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css