HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!, Might as well...
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
Good [ 124 ] ** [47.69%]
OK [ 74 ] ** [28.46%]
Bad :( [ 44 ] ** [16.92%]
Confusing, just like the TV ending! [ 18 ] ** [6.92%]
Total Votes: 319

Claudius
post Sep 13 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #241

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,805

Al trying to revive somebody on a whim (don't remember who it was, sorry)... this was already delt with in the anime, though Ed was the one who went through the emotion of seeing people killed or killing them himself.
Not on a whim. Al saw a dead child, and its technically the first time he ever encountered a violent death (Remember, Al has amnesia about his armor years, so he has no memory of Nina, Hughes, Marta...), thus he got hysterical about it.

Noah's acting is sooo illogical. First she betrays Ed and then she's desperate he didn't take her to the other world even when she was all traitory to him just a few moments ago.
Not so illogical. Seeing Hohenheim's situation and Eckhart shooting Edward, Noah has realized the error of her ways. So naturally she is trying to get Ed's forgiveness. It would be like Armstrong betraying Ed to serve the Fuhrer, only to learn the truth a few minutes later and turn the other leaf.

Wrath's death seemed pointless. He gained a human life in the anime and now he's dying just to make the viewers all teary and there's no way the crators could kill any of main characters...
Not pointless. He is still a Homunculus, and he desperately wanted to be with his mommy again.

Hohenheim. Why could I be devastated that he's bitten in half considered how he acted in anime? I hated this guy's guts in the anime1 (love him in manga-rality). He proclaims he wants to die in the body he met Trisha with and that he understands the simple joys of life, yet he endangers the world again by trying to go back to Amestris (to be able to work with alchemy again?) and opening the gate between the worlds.
Well, his proclamation happened before Ed got stuck in the real world again. And I bet the boy let daddy have it over his omission about Envy's family relation (considering the 'older brother' killed a father-figure of Ed's and Ed himself). Hohenheim is now trying to atone by taking care of his first born and reuniting his two favorite sons.

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Sep 13 2009, 03:37 AM) *
Mustang... yeah, DistantBlue, I agree with you. Ending of the anime showed him happy and at peace with himself and WALKING which means some time has gone by and he completely HAD TO know of Ed's disappearence at that point of time. Didn't seem to bother him the least.
OK, I can understand he threw off his previous ranking and just did his duty to guard his land, I can understand he decided not to use fire alchemy. But if he decided to be there, why is he so depressed about it? Not like him at all. One would assume everything bad's over for him so he should be happy.
Sigh...One would think the recent events of the manga would resolve things, but here I go again.
Roy is depressed over Edward's disappearance, but there are other major reasons...

Do you remember Manga Chapters 94-95, when Roy went apenuts over Envy being the murderer of his best friend Hughes? Remember when Riza and co. told him that getting revenge is a big no-no? And Roy relented.

It's different story in Anime1. In one episode, Schiezska, Winry, and Al spoke about Roy honoring Hughes' memory by taking the noble path and not being consumed by revenge. Well, what does Roy do? He goes after Bradley for revenge, and succeeds! (No Riza to talk him out of it). So he pretty much dishonored his best friend's memory, and ruined his dream to become Fuhrer (If you're going to condemn Anime1Roy for lacking discipline, remember MangaRoy had the same fault).
Also add the fact that Roy's revenge only succeeded through the sacrifice of an innocent child. Ouch! And there is probably no timetable for Roy to get over Hughes. The revelation of Bradley must have made it very clear to Roy that getting his best friend's help was similar to writing his death warrant. Such things are not so easily forgotten, or forgiven. Hence his line about seeing the innocent people who died because of his mistakes.

There's two ways you can view Roy's happy expressions to Riza at the end of the series. Either he is lying to Riza's face (Roy is very good at poker faces), or he is actually making an attempt to get over it, only to relapse. Sorry fans, that happens.

For a more detailed discussion, read my Roy's Defeat essay in the Character Discussion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Sep 19 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #242

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Thank you, Claudius, for your opinion. In Noah's case, you're absolutely right. She didn't like the ones she cooperated with. And there's no doubt about Al loosing his memory, I just felt the issue was just repeating of what was already seen in anime1 previously.

I'm still mad because of Wrath's death because something inside me tells me it was not right. It's nice he'd finally recognized Izumi as his mother but to be reunited with her like that...
And I don't like anime1 Hohenheim but he probably hadn't comitted any wrong in our world.

I try to seperate manga!Mustang from anime!Mustang but if you put it together this way I see where you came from.

OK, no new imput on the matter but I give it a year's wait and then watch the film again. I guess the first time I watched it expecting to see how Ed and Al meet each other again and come back to Resenbool(sp?) so I was easily disappointed.

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Nov 21 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #243

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

one word : Confusing !

it seems like I never heard of the countries mentioned in the first anime in the movie because they usually name it as 'germany' and blah blah ... it's soo crazy !

--------------------

+Quote Post
evel
post Jan 11 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #244

Citizen

Member No.: 72,399

Well, it was weird. Yeah, that's it. But I sorta liked it, because Ed and Al finally got to be together, and that was all I wanted XD. As a movie I'm not sure was it so great, 'cause the fact it was FMA itself made it better, soo. But anyway it was ok.

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Apr 22 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #245

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

it was confusing wen i watched it for the first time....but after rewatchin the thing , i understood the plot and i really liked the movie.....lack of roy was an epic fail in this movie though

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal SHORT...
post Jun 13 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #246

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,454

What a depressing ending!!!
I cried at one part... and then... bam, it's over sad.gif

The story should continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OK, so I'm tall in real life... just imagine me as short... :)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 11:51 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css