HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fans Of Greed (anime And Manga), For those who love that Homunculus with the fuzzy jacket.
Sydney
post Dec 15 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,639

Because Greed needs a thread of his own. cool.gif

(Note: Definitely discuss both manga/anime versions.)

Hmmm...I was first introduced to Greed through the anime on CN's adultswim.

[spoiler]Sucked when they killed him off, and really sad.[/spoiler]

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Dec 15 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 12,269

Ehh, I think there was a topic on Greed somewhere...

About the spoilers...you may want to keep them in spoiler tags...there are always members who haven't seen certain episodes yet.

--------------------

Currently EKE's GP Deshi-in Training!
*Has been nicknamed "Dai-chan" by Celes.*
Aily: He's so adorable. :3

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Dec 15 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

There's another Greed topic? (I tried checking before on the search engine, no luck, so I thought I'd start one....) Do you know where it is?

Also, thanks for the tip on the spoilers; I just edit my first post, and it's safe now.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Dec 15 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #4

Major General

Member No.: 12,269

QUOTE(Sydney @ Dec 15 2005, 10:05 PM) [snapback]330070[/snapback]

There's another Greed topic? (I tried checking before on the search engine, no luck, so I thought I'd start one....) Do you know where it is?

Also, thanks for the tip on the spoilers; I just edit my first post, and it's safe now.

Ahh, I think I was wrong, actually. I checked back a couple of pages in this forum, so this topic should be fine. So, don't worry about it. smile.gif

--------------------

Currently EKE's GP Deshi-in Training!
*Has been nicknamed "Dai-chan" by Celes.*
Aily: He's so adorable. :3

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Dec 15 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

O_O...I LOVE GREED! OK...glad there's FINALLY a thread for him happy.gif....Greed is awesome..and I hope that Gring is awesome too!

And Greed's gang is kick butt!! Luv the Greedness!

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Dec 15 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Apprentice

EDIT: Ah, stupid me--mixed up the names with Fuhrer Bradley's character in anime/manga.

Oh, Full Metal Elf, I recently looked at your "Ling Fans" thread--mainly because of manga ch. 54. (You see, I've mostly seen the anime, and I've looked at some of the manga in Borders stores, and I've looked up some dubbed manga on the internet--mostly the Greed-centric ones--but I haven't seen too much Ling...until recently when going through your thread, and also I think my first glimpse of him was in a shipper's manifesto on livejournal.com. Even though I don't really know him too well, Ling does seem really cool...although Greed's still #1 for me!... Thus, this thread.)

Well, yeah, I went to your Ling thread to get details on the apparent Greed+Ling thing, and my search was pretty successful. I've gotta say...OMG, I never thought the author would bring Greed back, I thought he was gone for good, oh this is so great, yay, HE'S BACK!!! (Sorry if my excitement seems to override Ling, it's just...I love Greed. smile.gif)

Gring--love that nickname for him--will so be totally cool, and Greed's gang was the same. (I just realized...with Greed's gang all dead at this point...it'd be a bittersweet moment to see him think of them while in Greed's body. Then go after their murderer, Manga Wrath, just to lighten that sad mood. cool.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 16 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

For a change of pace, I actually find Greed to be a more engaging character in the anime. In the manga, he's a tad flatter, as everything he does it obviously fueled simply by the fact that he's Greed, although he does show some compassion for his underlings. In the anime, though, he's a lot deeper, which makes him more intereting. Pride (Manga Wrath) has the reverse scenario: He's deep and interesting in the manga, but rather flat (By comparison) in the anime.

It was a very interesting surprise to find Gring in Chapter 54, though. I deny any claims by anyone who said they saw that coming.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 17 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #8

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 16 2005, 08:38 PM) [snapback]330338[/snapback]

For a change of pace, I actually find Greed to be a more engaging character in the anime. In the manga, he's a tad flatter, as everything he does it obviously fueled simply by the fact that he's Greed, although he does show some compassion for his underlings. In the anime, though, he's a lot deeper, which makes him more intereting. Pride (Manga Wrath) has the reverse scenario: He's deep and interesting in the manga, but rather flat (By comparison) in the anime.

It was a very interesting surprise to find Gring in Chapter 54, though. I deny any claims by anyone who said they saw that coming.

Good point about anime Greed. I, too like anime Greed. happy.gif
But, yeah, Gring was a total surprise. I did not see it coming from any direction!!
Kowtowing to Arakawa sensei's greatness!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Dec 17 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 21,999

I thought he was never going to come back. I missed Shark Man. Thank you Arakawa Sensei for bringing back Shark Man.(Ling should find a fuzzy jacket for himself.) Greed is back, back again. Greed is back, tell a friend. biggrin.gif

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Dec 17 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #10

Apprentice

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 16 2005, 08:38 PM) [snapback]330338[/snapback]

Interesting; I've never distinguished between Greed's manga and anime versions, although I probably should've already been predisposed and more interested in the anime version, since it was the first time I saw Greed; it was cool to see you differentiate between them.

Ch. 54's Gring was very surprising; I looked a little before to see if there had really been any foreshadowing of Greed's return to the manga, and it looks like there wasn't, so Arakawa perfectly executed that plot twist. Here's hoping that she'll make his return permanent.
biggrin.gif (Without getting rid of Ling though--maybe somehow separate them into their original bodies and have 'em both in the manga....)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colette
post Dec 18 2005, 09:50 AM
Post #11

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

http://www.freewebs.com/greedfangirl/

Does that answer your question? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Dec 18 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

OMG, a Greed Shrine! happy.gif Good job Summoner, you have a nice site established, really good gallery, and I rather liked your "2 cents on FMA", and agreed with much of it, i.e. the sheer coolness of Al, Scar, Sloth, Izumi, and of course Greed. And even some of the Ed opinion; I definitely don't hate him, but I certainly enjoy his younger brother more. smile.gif

I had actually given up on actively searching for Greed shrines on the Internet; kept searching, found really nothing, then just, well...gave up, as just mentioned. Such a welcome surprise for you to share your Greed shrine with here; thanks again Summoner. Also...since I'd like to see more Greed shrines, do you know if there are any others?

P.S. Summoner, your avatar and banner are awesome; did you make them yourself, or someone else?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 18 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Sydney @ Dec 18 2005, 10:56 AM) [snapback]330974[/snapback]

OMG, a Greed Shrine! happy.gif Good job Summoner, you have a nice site established, really good gallery, and I rather liked your "2 cents on FMA", and agreed with much of it, i.e. the sheer coolness of Al, Scar, Sloth, Izumi, and of course Greed. And even some of the Ed opinion; I definitely don't hate him, but I certainly enjoy his younger brother more. smile.gif

I had actually given up on actively searching for Greed shrines on the Internet; kept searching, found really nothing, then just, well...gave up, as just mentioned. Such a welcome surprise for you to share your Greed shrine with here; thanks again Summoner. Also...since I'd like to see more Greed shrines, do you know if there are any others?

P.S. Summoner, your avatar and banner are awesome; did you make them yourself, or someone else?

Actually, I have a Homunculus site in the works. Unfortunately, it's written more like an encyclopedia, so it's a little less personality, but it'll have all the facts (From the Manga).

So far, Greed and Wrath are up.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Colette
post Dec 18 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

My friend Lily made my avatar, and my friend M (short for Motaz, he hates his name) made the sig. I'd credit them, but nobody knows them here.

Thanks for the comments, though. I found a good Greed site once, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'll go look on google in a second. and see if I can find it again happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Dec 18 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,941

Greed is so awesome! A couple of my friends like him a lot too.

He's really a fun character and I wish he'd have stuck around longer. I like him because he doesn't let anyone get him down, he's courageous, and he's not malicious like some of the other humunculous.

I liked his gang too. I felt so bad for Marta/Martel last night. sad.gif

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 05:15 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css