HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 885 886 887 888 889 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Jul 12 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #13291

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Hey...

Anybody remember the Royai Twilight fanfic contest from last year? I actually started writing on that one again! I completely dropped the story I started and never posted any of it because I was too busy and too uninspired. Now that it's summer again (and a whole year later in general), I can think and write much better. I might even put it up! Maybe...

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vidramidra
post Jul 14 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #13292

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,437

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Jul 12 2008, 09:41 PM) *
I might even put it up! Maybe...

You should, I'm interested! ^^
(And I'm sure the others as well)

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 16 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #13293

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED chapter 85, but am I the only one bothered by all the Roy/Olivia talk that's been going around? Ever since Roy talked about how much he wanted to meet her in chapter 68 or something, I've been kind of bugged by the possibility of their reltationship, and now I was really freaked out. it doesn't help that lots of people i know are ditching their RoyAi fan-ism to ship Roy/Olivia...I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Jul 16 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #13294

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,592

Chapter 85 WAS great. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the Roy/Olivier is a little disconcerting. I don't think it's anything to worry about though, not really. It seems just like the other "dates". He just needs a reason to talk to her so they can plan. It's not as though Roy never offered Hawkeye flowers too, right? wink.gif

I'm reading The Mission too. It's good! I'm also working on my next fanfiction, I lost the first few chapters when my last computer died.

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 16 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #13295

My two bits on Roy/Olivier: I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Roy seems to get on Olivier's nerves WAY too much for something like a serious, fully committed romantic relationship to build. Also, not that I dislike her, but Olivier does seem to like having a lot of control. I really just don't think her personality meshes with Roy's enough in general for anything romantic to start. They're on the same side. They're going to do what it takes to win. Like riza'slittlesister mentioned, their interactions so far have mostly consisted of "Let's take down Bradley!" with a general smattering of comic relief. Neither have shown nearly the depth of the emotional bonds that Riza and Roy share and show around each other constantly. And Roy and Riza meeting would hardly be... inconspicuous, I guess. It would immediately be seen as a way to plot treason. Roy says it, himself in 84: It's safer for them not to be seen together. That doesn't mean that they don't want it, though. Roy/Olivier romance? I just don't see it.

But that's just me. Moving right along...

I finished a new Royai oneshot last night! A movie one. With Emo!Roy. So emo, in fact, that I actually had Havoc pull something of a Maes from the flashbacks in Episode 25. (As if Roy didn't have enough physical and emotional injuries to deal with...)

The story: Comatose

The summary I put up: Spoilers for and set during early CoS. Havoc is awakened by Roy's dreams. Roy, unfortunately, is not so lucky, and is unable to escape his most recent demons: the ones he thought he had left behind when he left Central. Implied Royai. Angst/Romance

Now, off to babysit. For the SECOND time today. *dies* (At least it'll be easy... This kid NEVER causes me trouble!)

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jul 16 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #13296

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I'm going with J.S. here. I highly doubt there is anything between Olivier and Roy, the animosity is far too strong. They're both out to get the same thing, and if that means cooperating they will, and Roy has to keep up his "womanizing" reputation more than ever no. Not to mention, if she did like Roy, I think it would be a little problematic with her current situation. Also, she only trusts him a bit more than she does her brother...by a hair, lol, it isn't hard to have more hair than Alex.

...personally, I think Buccaneer is better for her XD

Seriously, the whole scene after he got out of the tunnel with the other men <3

Sorry for spreading my Oliveer musings in the RoyAi thread, the topic just lead to it.

I think we even saw a hint of RoyAi in this chapter with her comment about their responsibility to Roy, using the word "our" is much more possessive than I ever thought I'd hear(read, whathaveyou) from her. I thought she'd just say the Colonel.

I'm working on a fic manga!verse, set during and after the battle with Gluttony, I think chapters 50-52 ish.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it by sometime next week, life has just been very hectic with staffing AX and then helping with preparations for my best friend's wedding...she ties the knot on Saturday.

It's more on the angsty side to go with everything that happens in that time span, and I've got another one-shot going off the prompt coat that I'm working on, which also deals with the manga arc around the same time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jul 18 2008, 02:31 AM
Post #13297

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

^Oooh, weddings are always fun.

I love the Roy/Olivia interaction, I always get a chuckle out of it, but there's definitely nothing romantic there. Lately (slightly off topic) I've noticed that people have been pairing Olivia with Havoc a lot lately, which seems kind of curious to me. They don't seem like two people that would click...

You know, I have this horrible, secret fear that Royai's not gonna happen in the manga, like Arakawa's going to leave us hanging or kill someone off...

Anyhoo. I have a Riza question. I've been trying to find out how old Riza is for some fic stuff, and I was wondering if you guys have any ideas?

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 18 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #13298

State Alchemist (Major)

Thanks for the reasurrance everyone! Ill just try to ignore the Olivia/Roy shippers.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the Riza's 25, but I could be wrong.

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 18 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #13299

Saving Grace- I'm pretty sure she's around her mid-twenties just based on how far back they say Ishbal is (I think about ten years) and her appearence when Roy was her father's apprentice (mid- or late teens). I wouldn't go older than 30 or younger than about 25. I'm pretty nonspecific about that, myself.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 18 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #13300

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Jul 18 2008, 11:29 AM) *
I wouldn't go older than 30 or younger than about 25. I'm pretty nonspecific about that, myself.

THIS.
Definitely mid-to-late twenties.

(Which makes me go YAY. I'M ACTUALLY COSPLAYING A CHARACTER THAT IS AGE-APPROPRIATE FOR ME!) LOL. I'm an old fart. It's hard to find good characters to cosplay once you get older.

Re: Roy/Olivia shenannigans. Yeah. There is some sort of animosity there. Nothing romantic. (Although it could make some great angry-sex crack fic.) Remember the florist back in chapter, hmmm, 65ish with the "Armstrong curl?" Yeah. Thats probably where the flowers came from. A nice little device of passing on the message!

I'd also like to see why exactly the anomisity between Armstrong and Mustang exists in the frist place. I'm thinking it's more of the "He's an arrogant kid who rose thru the ranks too quickly!" crap that seems to yank everyones piss chain about him. I mean, Olivia has to be in her early to mid-40's and Roy's in his early 30's.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Jul 18 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #13301

Apprentice

Ages... I've been having that problem myself. I know Roy's age pretty definitively, 28 and 29 (around chapter 45ish). I've heard that Riza's 25, but I've also heard 27, which I kind of prefer. It's the age I use anyway, but I'm not at all certain that an actual age has been alluded to for her. It certainly hasn't happened in the manga, but maybe in an interview somewhere?

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 18 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #13302

State Alchemist (Major)

Actually, at the end of one of the volumes...11, I think it was...Roy mentioned that he had already turned 30.

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Jul 18 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #13303

Apprentice

Oh, I thought that he was just freaking out was because he was getting close.... I'll have to check.

Eureka! I've been using some *really* outdated information. By now he's almost certainly 30. When Scar starts attacking people, he's 29. The Perfect Guidebook 2 timeline says he was born in 1885, and the main plot starts in 1914.

So that's Roy's age explained. But Riza's is still up in the air.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jul 19 2008, 01:56 AM
Post #13304

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Wouldn't be funny if Roy and Olivia were bitter exes or something? Can't see it happening in a billion years, but it's an entertaining notion.
___

Okay! Does this sound right?

I've been doing lots of research for this fic (because I'm pedantic and the dates need to check out). What I gathered was that the Ishbal Rebellion started eleven years before the main story and lasted for around five years. Roy and Riza were called in to battle near the end, which I'm guessing was about six or seven years before the main storyline, and in the anime the Rockbells were killed when Ed & Winry were eight-ish. Not sure if that's accurate or the same as the manga, but this is mainly anime based.

I've worked it out twice. The first time, I gathered that Roy would have been around 19 when he was brought into the war (don't ask how I got that), then I found out Winry's age, and the fact that the Royness was only involved in the last half and it jumped up to 22. Just for kicks, we'll say that Riza was 19 during Ishbal, making her currently 27.
The funny thing is this fic has absolutely nothing to do with Ishbal.

Thanks guys!

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 19 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #13305

Saving Grace- Sounds good for an estimate! I'm not gonna complain, at any rate. I get tired of people wanting to know details that haven't officially been put out yet. I recall something saying somewhere that Arakawa-sensei doesn't really mess around with birthdays and that sort of thing. If it's important for the storyline (or used in an omake), it's there, and if it's not in those two or a guidebook, it isn't. It looks like we're all making guesses based on appearances, comments, and a little bit of timeline-ing. I hope nobody who reads your story is incredibly picky about that. (I got chewed out once by someone who claimed to know Riza's exact age but would not tell me their source. Come on, it's not like I was making her 10 years younger than Roy! More like 3! Anyway...) Good luck with your fic-writing! Keep us posted!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 885 886 887 888 889 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css