HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA "MiloStar" Story-line/Time-line/Plot discussions (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum), Please do NOT post any posts with movie spoilers on this thread!
allykatty1
post Nov 16 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,571

I'm not completely against the idea of a midquel... I'm just very wary of it. While I have also seen several good fanfic stories, Studio Bones's track record for this kind of thing is not particularly stellar (aside from the main ending plot of FMA1/CoS, their other non-Arakawa FMA side stories have been rather questionable... remember that weird stone disease? I like to pretend that episode does not exist). It just seems unfortunate to hype up another "movie" just have it turn out to be nothing more than a well-animated extra-long filler episode. Because while I'd love for it to turn out to be epic, experience warns me not to get my hopes up too much... and speaking of already knowing what is going to happen, hey that's really exactly what we'd be getting! After all, there won't be any real suspense since we all know which main characters will live and die later on in the main plot. tongue.gif Someone creeping up on poor little defenseless Ed in the dead of night? Oh, it's OK, we know nothing happens to him since we've read the manga and seen Brotherhood already! biggrin.gif They're going to have to delegate all the life-or-death suspense to movie-original characters, which just won't be as riveting.

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 16 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Yet, Fma is relatively unknown when compared to success stories like Harry Potter so the series evidently has limited possibilities. It will mostly be there to entertain the fans and is likely not to interest other people and get them to introduce themselves to the actual story.

Naaaah. happy.gif I fully believe that if done right, it will MAKE new fans. Really, one could have said the same thing about LoTR. Before Jackson's series, it was something that was kind of more of a geek niche or maybe a scholarly niche. When the first movie came out, tons of people then went and read the books (including me).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 16 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Nov 16 2010, 10:35 AM) *
But then the flying gadget girl. *facepalm* This I could not recover from. It just looked like lame shonen action with outlandish bad guys! FMA is so much better than that!!! I could accept that in the games and in short bursts in filler anime episodes, but to center a whole movie around something like that? I sure hope not... Please let this crazy bat woman be just a tiny, TINY part of the film. >_<

That pretty much covers my opinion for the flying bat-woman...machine guns/gadgets are so overrated. FMA can do better. (of course, I can't judge until I've actually seen the movie, lol)

I don't think a sequel to manga would be interesting. Everything is back to normal and we already know what is going to happen. What is there to expect? Diaper stories?

I agree with this. Though I would LOVE to know more about the FMA universe and all (what's in the West? more about Hohenheim's history? Xing? all the other foreign countries and their cultures? stuff like that), I don't think a sequel movie would fit the manga's plotline.

But I am a bit wary of a filler movie, too. >.<

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
RoytheFlameAlche...
post Nov 16 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 30,518

The only connection I find they could make to the end of the manga/Brotherhood is (Warning! Series Final Spoiler!) that they could start the movie with Ed & uncle Al telling this story to the children. Although, I don't find it very likely to happen It's another possibility.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Nov 16 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

OMG I would LOVE if it turned out to be something like that. It'd be a wonderful way to tie it in with the original story...and would totally make my day. biggrin.gif I agree it's unlikely, but I can't help hoping...

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Nov 17 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 16 2010, 01:34 PM) *
I love the idea of this being a midquel. I don't think a sequel to manga would be interesting. Everything is back to normal and we already know what is going to happen. What is there to expect? Diaper stories?

I'm not sure... just because the main story ended doesn't mean nothing interesting ever happened to Ed and Al again. A friend of mine is writing fanfiction set after the end that expands on elements introduced in the final chapter. I don't see why an official production couldn't do the same, personally. But, I'm still happy to have more FMA even if it is a midquel.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Nov 17 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

I highly doubt that the movie will be POST-FMA:B. I mean, didn't Ed (warning! Series Final Spoilers ahead!) lose his ability to use alchemy???? And int he trailer Al is still in his armor?
Which disappoints me a bit, because I would rather see an FMA movie based POST-FMA:B, rather then an alternate version.....but oh well. MORE FMA! YEAH!!!
Reason for edit: please use spoiler cover and spoiler warning when posting series final content. ^^

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Nov 18 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I may be wrong, but I think many anime based movies are filler or AU. Is this true?

I don't know these shows that well, but examples I have are the Inuyasha movies, Eureka Seven, Bleach, and even Pokemon I dare say. From what I did see of them they were either filler, midquel, or just a nice side story.

That's not to say the movie won't be good. I think it has potential. It will be just nice to see more FMA.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 18 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #38

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Nov 18 2010, 10:47 AM) *
I may be wrong, but I think many anime based movies are filler or AU. Is this true?

I don't know these shows that well, but examples I have are the Inuyasha movies, Eureka Seven, Bleach, and even Pokemon I dare say. From what I did see of them they were either filler, midquel, or just a nice side story.

That's not to say the movie won't be good. I think it has potential. It will be just nice to see more FMA.

@Animeoldtimer - Yeah, I'm not any expert neither, but I think those are the common ways of making anime movies.
And, I happen to enjoy some of these movies. laugh.gif (for example, I liked that Inuyasha movie that was based on Japanese fable, Kaguyahime, I think, ...though I may be getting confused with some other movie. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Nov 18 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I agree with you Tombow. Side stories can be thoroughly satisfying.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 18 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

I agree with you Tombow and Animeoldtimer. Usually, if the anime movies I've seen are anything to go by, movie versions are just fanservice. Sure, there are some that have a moral and meaning and it's always nice to see your favourite characters in action. The main plot is rarely the concern there; the movie is a side story but they can have their times. Pokemon 2000 was quite epic now that you look back to it. And it is always nice to hear some amazing Japanese anime music. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Nov 18 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Now that I'm getting used to the idea, a midquel won't be bad at all. I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed was because we got a sequel before and that was what we were expecting this time too (and hence the springing up of the comparisons). But I'm sure it will be fine. As lame as I thought some of the game plots, etc., were before, they still beat anything most other series have to offer (we're so spoiled by the awesomeness and depth of FMA in general, we tend to forget this, or at least I do wink.gif ).

I also really do like the idea of it being set in what could be either FMA-verse. And if it does have a comic-book esque feel to the art style (that one shot of Ed at the end stands out in my mind - I am quite pleased with the shading on his eyes), that actually kind of excites me, because it will be a whole new experiment and way to look at FMA. happy.gif I don't know that I've seen any anime films with a look quite like that. I think it has potential to be excellent (so long as they don't get too carried away with crazy batwomen).

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Nov 19 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

A midqueal for me is a pretty good idea though it is not what we expected. When you come think of it, if ever they continue the manga-based story maybe they can go too far from the plot and it doesn't make sense, they can come to the point where they can ruined the story itself. I mean the ending for me was satisfying enough, so what more can we ask for? I'm totally happy with this movie, my hopes are up for the good story..happy.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 19 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #43

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

I really like the character designs for this, kind of reminiscent of the original anime. (I hated Brotherhood's style, too round and squishy looking)

My personal opinion on side story movies:
I prefer them. Who really wants to watch the same thing, over and over and over again? It does get old. A side story is always a fresh new take, and not like filler obnoxiousness.

All in all, I'd like to see this once dubbed (should it ever happen)

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Nov 21 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #44

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Nov 19 2010, 10:37 PM) *
I really like the character designs for this, kind of reminiscent of the original anime. (I hated Brotherhood's style, too round and squishy looking)

My personal opinion on side story movies:
I prefer them. Who really wants to watch the same thing, over and over and over again? It does get old. A side story is always a fresh new take, and not like filler obnoxiousness.

All in all, I'd like to see this once dubbed (should it ever happen)

true true, who does want to watch the same thing over and over again but lets just hope it's not like the naruto films. sure they're not the same but they're still pretty crap :/

the style looks much better i agree, plus this looks pretty interesting. cannot wait

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Nefertekas
post Nov 27 2010, 03:42 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 67,307

QUOTE (RoytheFlameAlchemist @ Nov 17 2010, 05:19 AM) *
The only connection I find they could make to the end of the manga/Brotherhood is that they could start the movie with Ed & uncle Al telling this story to the children. Although, I don't find it very likely to happen It's another possibility.

(Warning!! The following post contains FMA:Brotherhood/manga Series Final Spoilers! Please do not read what's under the spoiler covere if you do not wish to be spoiled.)

That would actually be an ADORABLE idea for the movie. I really wanted to see the kids when they're older, possibly even know their names. I hate not knowing names! Though it's kind of a nice mystery.
But...No matter how much I'd like to see that happen, I think it's VERY doubtful. My sure bet is on a midquel. I doubt we'll even see a glimpse of Winry or Pinako, for example; it'll probably just be one of Ed's missions for the military where Al tags along..

But honestly, isn't that a GOOD thing?
Sure, I'd like to see something more connected to the main plotline (like what I mentioned in the spoiler tags) but I doubt it'll happen. If it's a GOOD filler story, we WILL like it. As long as the plot's coherent and not lame or anything of the sorts... *sighs* And as long as the characters stay true to themselves.

On other point, I'm not sure about the animation. Can't put my finger on it...It's computerized, as were some Brotherhood scenes (like Envy's transformation, and I liked that) but it seems they've exaggerated a little. Can't tell much from such a short clip though.
WE NEED A LONGER PEEP CLIP!! XD

And...people... Werewolves? Batwoman? Please. I don't think they'd be THAT basic.
Methinks one is a chimera and the other is using... err... advanced technology. (Bruce Wayne wannabe).
[/is shot]

Basically...

We still have TONS of time to take guesses, though. 8D

--------------------
"You have given me an arm and a leg to stand with... Your hands are not for killing.
They are the hands that save people's lives."

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:44 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css