HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 11: Miracle At Rush Valley - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 11
Kasumisty
post Jun 14 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,111

I don't know what he said in English, but I'm sure good translators will come up with something. Similiar line happened in manga

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jun 14 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

The birth in the manga is a diamond, but I think Anime1's adaptation of the birth being Elysia Hughes' is an emerald. That is, each has their value. The strengths of Anime1's birth:
-It cemented the Brothers' (and the viewers') relationship with Hughes. It also gave some time for Nina Tucker.
-It provided the only Maes-Gracia moments in the entire series before Elysia got all the attention. In the scene where the Brothers meet Gracia, I can't help thinking that Hughes' blush had something to do with 'Yes, I'm a real love machine!'
-One nice thing of having Elysia's birth set before the Brothers Elric's four-year journey: Unlike her 3-year-old manga counterpart, the 4-year-old-Anime1Elysia had an extra year with daddy...

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 14 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 14 2009, 01:21 PM) *
I don't know what he said in English, but I'm sure good translators will come up with something. Similiar line happened in manga

Really? When? ohmy.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 14 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I don't have proper scan (only fan translation that isn't accurate), but Satera says this in one point of that chapter.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 14 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

The "uma" scene reminded me of FMA1 in episode 6 when Gracia fell down and Hughes thought she said "uma" lol

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 14 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Ah! I didn' watch the subbed episodes, I watched the dubbed episodes on Adult Swim every Saturday, so I didn't realzie that the joke had been used before! ohmy.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 14 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

yeah, it's hilarious though.

Also I didn't recognize the music during the brief paninya flashback, was that a new piece?

EdxWin for the win in this episode

Also is it my imagination or were Winry and Pinako not present with the Elrics when they were watching their house burn down in either the manga or FMA1?

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jun 14 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Winry and Pinako are present in the manga when they burn their house (Winry cried and when she said why, Ed said that she always cried too much... jerk) wink.gif I don't remember for the first anime.

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Jun 14 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

I agree that this episode was a bit too fast-paced (again) but then again.. the scenes that WERE left, were made of pure win. XD I loved to have some good old manga-humor after depressing ep 10. The animation was fluent, the expressions were great, and.. personally, I love the music used on all the scenes.

One thing DID bug me the whole time: the whole "Winry opening Ed's watch" came out WAY too fast. It just felt like as if she was looking at the carved text inside the pocket watch for 5 seconds, giving a shrug, "ah.. okay".. then leaving it off there. The emotion.. it just wasn't there! D:

But apart from that, I really liked this episode. \o/

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 14 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

It's funny any of you have faith that Funimation will come up with a good translation for that joke.

We're talking about the same people who brought you lines like, "Smellric Brothers" and "Come give mommy a hug, my Prince of Cool."

They'd be better off acting like it wasn't there at all.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jun 14 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Does anybody know if the subbed version has been released yet and if so could you PM me a link? Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jun 14 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Don't know why but the episode kind of made sense, if you forgot about manga. However I felt like an outside observer, not caring... until Winry started to give orders and took care of the delivery. The Edward/Winry scence were gentle and touching, loved them all.

Loved the poster on the wall, showing wanted villains tongue.gif

I don't usually complain about character's appearance, but I was distracted a lot by Paninya's design. Was she really supposed to have such big breasts? I know it's a little stupid to point to something like that, especially in an anime, but the dissproportion of her body made me uneasy...

Look forward to next episode, it was a shame they came back with the introduction but it was necessary to say that in case somebody hadn't been watching a character is missing.

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Jun 14 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

I have to say that the this Rush Valley episode was much better than the first anime's Rush Valley. Even Paninya wasn't quite as annoying.

Was it just me or did Winry's hair keep changing lengths?

That pregnant lady kind of looked a little like Maria Ross in a way.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jun 14 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I really enjoyed this episode! Rush Valley isn't my favorite part of the manga, so I'm glad it was done in one episode. I think all the important aspects were covered and Winry is so much better in this anime than the last one already.

I'm more anxious for next week to see Izumi finally!! smile.gif Then Greed...biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 14 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

I just watched the subbed version. Um, can't say I'm too pleased with the first half of the episode. Ed and Paninya's fight was way too short, and I miss the arm wrestling scene! Everything was way too short, it was like they skimmed over it. They should've gotten rid of the intro and summary to make room for more important stuff, like the bridge scene. The second half got a little better though, hurray for EdxWin! smile.gif

Oh, and did anyone think Winry was freakishly skinny in this episode? And they had a close up of her eye when she was crying and her earrings were blue, but I thought they were supposed to be silver... unsure.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 05:03 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css