HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 7: Hidden Truths - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 7 episodes!
Hagaren_4ever
post May 20 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

I didn't mind the pacing of this episode because I read the manga and I was sort of thinking throughout the whole thing, "And then THIS happens, uh huh, and then after that, THIS...." I was just looking forward to seeing everything animated, I didn't really care as much about the timing. (Yes, I'm pretty easily amused. XD) I loved the part where Ed and Al slowly turned their heads to Sheska. "Hmmmm...." I think I found that more funny than it was really intended to be. Also another, "Bingo!" moment for Edward. Is that gonna be his new catch-phrase or something. "Not another, 'Believe it!' Noooo!"

~In regards to the next couple episodes~

WOW. Did you see the preview for the next episode! Looks like it's gonna be really high quality! ~yays~
Also, I think we get more Winry the episode after next. I hope they do that episode the way they did it in the manga. *crosses fingers*

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post May 21 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

It could have been also hand drawn with amazing artists that put their whole soul into it - animating the fan. XD

Haha, yeah. It probaby went down like this at Bones HQ

Animator: "Hey boss, in this totally important-and-supposed-to-be-captivating scene of Ed and Al being voulnerable, they kinda look like CRAP. Should I fix it up?"
Director: "Screw that, we have to make THE FAN LOOK GOOD!! Our reputation is at stake here, dammit!"

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post May 21 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

What reputation? Lol, I liked the episode's animation! I don't know what everyone's problem is...
I don't like it when they add 3-D stuff to the 2-D stuff, though. I don't like it when something sticks out. sad.gif Of course, that could just be that my OCD was kicking in and that that scene didn't bother ANYONE else. huh.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Greensky
post May 21 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,478

Forgive my ignorance about the Manga, but when does the story branch off in a different direction from the first FMA anime? Because so far it's all been the exact same, minus a few small changes... the largest being the "Ice Alchemist", but that was from the 1st episode...

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
^ Cowboy Bebop-----------------^Samurai Champloo

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post May 21 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 50,694

QUOTE (Greensky @ May 21 2009, 11:53 PM) *
Forgive my ignorance about the Manga, but when does the story branch off in a different direction from the first FMA anime? Because so far it's all been the exact same, minus a few small changes... the largest being the "Ice Alchemist", but that was from the 1st episode...

I could wrong and this is a rough guess, but the original anime series separates from the manga somewhere around the 24th episode. I could be a little off though.

I thought the episode was ok, nothing really all that new so far, but I am still looking forward to the next episode. I think this fast pace crap is stupid, I mean if you are going to do something, then do it right. Besides this I still love the show. I honestly do not think it will slow down, there going to get used to this pace, then cram down your throat. It will be a good throat cramming, but none the less a cramming.

FMA rules

+Quote Post
Greensky
post May 21 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ May 21 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I think this fast pace crap is stupid, I mean if you are going to do something, then do it right.

Well I could care less about the pace of the original anime storyline, since I know it by heart. But the new storyline shouldn't be rushed!

In all honestly, WHY wouldn't they have made the new series with the first episode being just before the new story? I mean... it could just assume that we've already seen the first anime series and just continue on with the new story... why the lengthy rehash?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 21 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #67

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Greensky @ May 22 2009, 12:07 AM) *
In all honestly, WHY wouldn't they have made the new series with the first episode being just before the new story? I mean... it could just assume that we've already seen the first anime series and just continue on with the new story... why the lengthy rehash?

@Greensky - So, you have seen the first FMA anime series. Have you stopped to think that SOME viewers of this FMA series may not have seen the first FMA aime series at all? In fact, I bet there are quite few viewers of this series who had not seen the first FMA anime series. So, why do you assume everyone would know the stories on the first series? To those people (and even to those who had seen the first series,) what's "rehash" to you is, IMO, not "rehash," but the important & integral part of the storyline of THIS SERIES that can NOT be missed, and THAT's why it's there, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seems to have some strange misconception about this new anime series. Yes, it is "remake" of sort, but they are NOT writing a new story for this series. Story has been already written (as original FMA story,) even while the first series was going on, and now they are telling the ORIGINAL FMA story which the first anime series could not bring out due to the first series being started while the FMA manga was still going on. But, this is little off topicish, so, to understand this better, maybe you can read FMA Brotherhood anime series FAQ thread, and if you have questions about this series, you can post that on that thread also, to get you better understanding of this new series. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 21 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I always watch the episode again on the Funimation website, to see how their subs are, and I have a piece of advice for Funimation.

When I, a person who knows next to no Japanese, can spot problems with your translation, it's time to start working harder. Really, Maria mentions the place where she has to go to withdraw the money Ed is paying Sheska with, but when she mentions the Fuhrer, it doesn't come out in the translation.

Eclipse subs it, "the state alchemist facility at the Fuhrer administrative building".

Funimation subs it, "the prefectual State Alchemist office".

Now, yes, that's probably a more condensed way of saying what's being said, but when she CLEARLY says "daisoto", and you don't bother translating that, when it's a word that's been repeated already, and fans will already know who that is, it's lazy translating not to even mention it.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Greensky
post May 21 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #69

Apprentice

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 21 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Have you stopped to think that SOME viewers of this FMA series may not have seen the first FMA aime series at all? In fact, I bet there are quite few viewers of this series who had not seen the first FMA anime series. So, why do you assume everyone would know the stories on the first series?

Well, the FMA anime finished airing in Feb 2004. It's been out for 5 years or so and is one of the highest acclaimed and recommended anime "franchises" out there. So I made an educated assumption that "most" people have seen the first series already, or would at least want to before watching this new version. There is a small fraction of viewers who watch Brotherhood not knowing anything about the series, at least in comparison to those who are in the know already.

All I'm saying is that I personally would have rather seen either a continuance, or as I said before; the manga version without the rehash of the past series. Nothing's wrong with continuing or expanding on FMA for those who have seen the 1st series... that's what people call a sequel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 21 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

But Greensky, it's necessary to establish certain plot points which the first series shares in common with the manga in this new series, especially for those who've not read the manga or seen the first series. Many of those events were changed ever so slightly in the first series, as to suit the production team's vision for that series, which was different than the one Arakawa intended, for better or worse.

Also, I'm an enormous fan of the first series, but let's face it, after the movie, there's really nowhere else to take it. Anything else would just be pushing it too far.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Greensky
post May 22 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #71

Apprentice

penguintruth - I agree with you that making a direct sequel would have been difficult. Although, I would have loved to see Ed and Al get back home and Ed marry Winry, have kids and such! I can dream =p

And yes, I agree that for this vision of an entire new series of FMA, old plot points must be covered. I just wish the vision they had for this series was more "Alternate Story" than "Brand New Series". For the people who are already FMA fans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lianjinshushi
post May 22 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 68,960

QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 21 2009, 11:57 PM) *
Really, Maria mentions the place where she has to go to withdraw the money Ed is paying Sheska with, but when she mentions the Fuhrer, it doesn't come out in the translation.

Eclipse subs it, "the state alchemist facility at the Fuhrer administrative building".

Funimation subs it, "the prefectual State Alchemist office".

Now, yes, that's probably a more condensed way of saying what's being said, but when she CLEARLY says "daisoto", and you don't bother translating that, when it's a word that's been repeated already, and fans will already know who that is, it's lazy translating not to even mention it.

What she says is "daisotofu," meaning his office. The Presidential Office Building in Taipei uses (almost) the same term.
Going back to the letterhead for Ed's certification, it translates "daisotofu" as "Prefecture of the Generalissimo," so that's probably where the "prefectural" part comes from.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post May 22 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Greensky @ May 21 2009, 08:53 PM) *

And the amusing thing is the Ice Alchemist is not actually part of the manga.

But really one person complains that they are going through the stuff covered by the 1st series too quickly and it's not good for new viewers. Another person complains that they are doing all the same scenes again. It seems they can't win. Whatever they do someone is going to have an issue with it.

But as others have said they cannot skip this stuff because it is important to the later part of the manga. Even if you think you saw it all before. The slight differences in these early episodes are important to the rest of the series. And besides as popular as FMA is not everyone has seen the 1st series or read the manga.

Still they are getting through the similar stuff as fast as they can, even for the most part adapting 2 chapters at once. Just be patient they will get to the new stuff sooner than you think (well I estimate around episode 15 or 16).

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post May 23 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 50,694

Yep we are big whiners, o well I think overall everyone wants the new series to be as legendary and epic as the first series. That is what it is. This has a lot of potential to being something amazing. Do not get me wrong this will never replace the first series, that would be inconceivable.

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post May 23 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

QUOTE (Greensky @ May 22 2009, 05:53 AM) *

Don't worry, it will be soon, my estimate is episode 11 will be Rush valley (where some of the storyline is different (Winry, her abilities and her resolve to learn more about automail making) and then Izumi and Greed related stuff follows which is where the storyline gets completely other direction, new characters are introduced and so on... So IMO completely new stuff starts episode 14 and on...

Edit: expect a some make-over the very next episode, I just realised the 5th laboratory events differ in manga and first anime (as Tucker is dead already he can't make an appearence, for example)

-----------

I'm a whiner, too. If they continue to draw Hawkeye's eyes as big as balls I swear I kill somebody VERY SOON (as soon as I learn Japanese enough to know who's responsible smile.gif But I can't become a complete sucker... every time I see opening or ending all of my gloom is washed away

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 01:57 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css