HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 56 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Reika
post Feb 12 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #151

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,740

Wow, Wyrd Alchemist, I agree with you, that made a lot of sense. Anyways, what could Sloth be doing? We don't know anything about that either... maybe a huge transmutation cricle under the ground?

I don't think that has anything to do with the anime :s, as far as I know the anime said "we'll do this" and Arakawa said "go on ahead, I have my manga", and she didn't take part on the movie, so I don't think the outcome of the manga will be the same as the anime.

[spoiler] If he's trying to resurrect a god, for what purpose would it be? :s Could it be that huge eye from the door? what could that give Father? I'm just so confused... [/spoiler]

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 12 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #152

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Sikiu-San I don't think we can look to the anime to figure out anything that is going to happen in the manga. The anime and manga are two separate stories. Arakawa herself said they will have completely different endings.

That's an interesting theory Wyrd Raven. What gets me about this human sacrifice thing is the Elric Brothers are told that they will come to no harm. Although I am not clear if that is up to the sacrifice or afterwards as well. Perhaps sacrifice doesn't mean "death" as it usually does. Also

[spoiler]In this chapter, Edward asked what will happen to the non-sacrifices, everyone else. Bradley says he shouldn't worry about unneccessary things so in my mind that means something very bad will happen to everyone else. But Bradley does say as long as you cooperate we won't treat you poorly. Again I am not sure if he means only up to the sacrifice or afterwards too.[/spoiler]

We also know that opening the doors is required of the sacrifices.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 12 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #153

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Feb 11 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]349037[/snapback]

Well my theory on Father's need for candidates for sacrifice:
[spoiler]Well based on what Hughes found out and what Envy revealed to Dr. Marcoh, Their is a possibility that the candidates for sacrifice will be placed at each point of conflict and unrest in Amestris. So far, four locations have been revealed with the all important and anticipated north being the last outer point of the array. What if it each point requires a sacrifice? So far there are four confirmed candidates for sacrifice: Al, Ed, Roy, and the Doctor. Izumi has the potential and possibily Kimblee as well to be the fifth candidate. Now why are they needed? well if there is an array that is the size of Amestris, I'm pretty certain that the alchemic energy needs some form of control/boost mechinism. Father has a higher understanding of Western Alchemy, but it is also probable he has limits. The candidates will therfore be used to start of an alchemic chain reaction across the country. Father then converts them into energy causing the creation of something big, perhaps a PS or as often in the case of great sacrifices: the birth of a God.[/spoiler]

Interesting theory, I wouldn't be suprised if it was true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 12 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #154

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Feb 11 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]349037[/snapback]

[spoiler]Well based on what Hughes found out and what Envy revealed to Dr. Marcoh, Their is a possibility that the candidates for sacrifice will be placed at each point of conflict and unrest in Amestris. So far, four locations have been revealed with the all important and anticipated north being the last outer point of the array. What if it each point requires a sacrifice? So far there are four confirmed candidates for sacrifice: Al, Ed, Roy, and the Doctor. Izumi has the potential and possibily Kimblee as well to be the fifth candidate. Now why are they needed? well if there is an array that is the size of Amestris, I'm pretty certain that the alchemic energy needs some form of control/boost mechinism. Father has a higher understanding of Western Alchemy, but it is also probable he has limits. The candidates will therfore be used to start of an alchemic chain reaction across the country. Father then converts them into energy causing the creation of something big, perhaps a PS or as often in the case of great sacrifices: the birth of a God.[/spoiler]

Awesome theory!! That makes a lot of sense too!! I never thought of that,...hmmm...now I must ponder this and see where we can go with it...wink.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 12 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #155

Brigadier General

Please, no one make a Chapter 57 thread yet. >_> It'd just remind me how much I want it.

26 whole days...But I hafta say, http://www.zomgfta.com/ is amazing. If I had money, and knew their adress, I'd send them it XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 12 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #156

Member No.: 3,267

If I had money, and knew their adress, I'd send them it XD

You see that paypal link that is where you can donate. I am sure even a $1.00 would help. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 12 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #157

Member No.: 23,257

Actually, I've always thought that Father was trying to make himself a god, or god substitute. With the powers of a giant PS, imagine what one man could do...

Maybe Father is a fallen angel.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 12 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #158

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Kirara @ Feb 12 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]349147[/snapback]

If I had money, and knew their adress, I'd send them it XD

You see that paypal link that is where you can donate. I am sure even a $1.00 would help. smile.gif

Ah, I see. I should gather some money and do that.

Prove that Greed's the same Greed:

Look at what Greed says here
And here
Now look what Gring says

Seem similar? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reika
post Feb 12 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #159

Member No.: 11,740

wow, true true, I didn't remember that

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Feb 12 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 11 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]348663[/snapback]

Someone mentioned that Father purposefully erased Greed's memory. I totally agree. It's the same Greed as before, just with no previous notions of his past self. Father must have known that when he deployed him.

I doubt Gluttony will be returned any time soon, if at all. More likely, I think Father just said that so he could kill him when he was calm and take the stone, rather than have it destroyed. He may have use for it. Besides, sounds like it only has one soul left.

WHEN WILL THE MSN UPDATE! I'd go to ZOMGFTA, but Winzip has a history of hating me.

But he said that part about the memories when he had already taken the Stone from him. I believe he does want to remake him. As for the "lives", I believe that he "stores" the big stone inside himself (if he's not it!) so he'll add more lives, more energy into the portion with "one life" left and the feeling of Gluttony.

Of course I might be completely wrong.

And I agree with the theory that he'll probably make Gluttony the "Traditional way", so we can learn it.

2 more things:
1- Gotta love the quote in your sig, and
2- you can try WinRAR, quite better than WinZip. smile.gif
QUOTE(Envious... @ Feb 11 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]348713[/snapback]

[spoiler]And did anyone else recongnize that military officer outside the showers as Envy? I mean he did use that disguise before and there's that whole "pip-squeak" comment. Heh, he saw Ed naked! blink.gif
[/spoiler]

T_T I've posted it like 3 times....

And there's not only that. His eyes, forchrissake, look at his reptilian eyes (they can be clearly seen at least twice) and the fact he's taking the same "generic soldier" form he took when dodging Fokker (Scieska's boss) after having been impersonating him (at volume 9, I believe).
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 11 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]348765[/snapback]

[spoiler]And where the hell did Gring come from? laugh.gif He just kinda popped out of no where. And....I think Gring's getting some of his memories back. He said the exact same thing he did in the Devil's Nest . "I have no interest in fighting a women." "My policy is to never lie"
[/spoiler]

He says it: he followed them, just by walking behind them when they rushed out to call Winry happy.gif.
As for Greed's lines, that is to show that, while his memories were erased, his personality is still the very same. (Or at least, that's my opinion) So I also believe he's most probable to betray Daddy again.

[personal fanboy rant]God how I hate this character (Dad), this guy believes himself to be God but he doesn't know shit about Rentanjutsu, nor about basic "hommunculi psychology" tongue.gif... Just your good ol' überpowerful megalomaniac, I say[/personal fanboy rant]
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 12 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]348936[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kirara @ Feb 11 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]348923[/snapback]

(to think, I don't think this chapter gives that much of a cliffhanger cept for the Scar Marco meeting...)

I was thinking that too, it's still a cliffhanger it just doesn't involve one of the main protagonists so we don't have to worry so muc. Still I am not that worried for Marcoh either, I think Scar is going to have a change of heart about a lot of things.

I don't know. I can see Maroh actually asking Scar to end his life, for what happened in Ishabal. Regardless, I think the two will talk a bit, and Scar is probably done with killing State Alchemists...except, perhaps, for Kimblee.

I believe the Marcoh-Scar encounter will bring about the long-wished-for Ishval flashback (now that the "heroes" are at a somewhat stalemate). Also Scar realizing he's been wrong all this time, but then Marcoh asking him to kill him cuz he might have considered Envy's words (better to lose a little town than a whole country). And Scar refusing and going the right way again. (EDIT: With the exception, of course, of Kimbley. Most probably.)

Or, then again, probably not.
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Feb 12 2006, 05:35 AM) [snapback]349037[/snapback]

(Wyrd Raven's theory)

Good one! I'll take it into account.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 12 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #161

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Feb 12 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]349256[/snapback]

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 11 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]348765[/snapback]

[spoiler]And where the hell did Gring come from? laugh.gif He just kinda popped out of no where. And....I think Gring's getting some of his memories back. He said the exact same thing he did in the Devil's Nest . "I have no interest in fighting a women." "My policy is to never lie"
[/spoiler]

He says it: he followed them, just by walking behind them when they rushed out to call Winry happy.gif.
As for Greed's lines, that is to show that, while his memories were erased, his personality is still the very same. (Or at least, that's my opinion) So I also believe he's most probable to betray Daddy again.

I know, he just seemed to pop in right next to him, I thought it was funny laugh.gif

And I agree with you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 12 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #162

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Hmmm...a lot of good stuff out there. Greed is definently the same personality...so I do think he'll quickly betray Father again. Though, I can't wait to see how Ling will break through, since Greed said that he's trying to get through every chance he has.

And yes....about Envy, I sort of picked that up right-away...even with the Japanese RAW...and I can't read Japanese....I figured most people noticed..but...oh well.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 12 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #163

Brigadier General

~ Chapter 57 Discussion Thread, Beware of spoilers inside.... ~

Ahem. I'm sure we know the drill by now.

<Please DO NOT open the chapter discussion thread ONE MONTH before the actual chapter comes out. As most of the content on this thread is just the continuation of chapter 56 content discussions, merging this to chapter 56 discussion thread. ~ board staff>

So..

Scar met Marcoh. What will this bring?
The homunculi have their sacrifices right under there thumb. How will they escape?
Winry and Riza are in deep trouble, without knowing it. Will they go into hiding?
Still no word on Pride and Sloth. What are they doing?
Ling has partial control of his body. What's going to happen to both of them?
Still no word on Izumi being a sacrifice. Is no news really good news?
Mei is in hiding. What about her?
Gluttony's dead. Will Father bring him back?
A way to get Al's body back has been found. But how will they get the stone?
What about Ran Fan?
Kimbley's been in the shadow for quite some time. Will their be any word on him?
Ishbal. What was it destroyed for? Did they know something? Or was their alchemy a threat to "Father"?
And Gring seems to slowly show signs of rebellion...

Oh so far away are the answers...

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Feb 12 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #164

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

It's way too early for this thread to exist.

You should have made it closer to the actual release date of 57 instead of just wanting to get in first; this could easily go on the Chapter 56 discussion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Feb 12 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #165

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

too quick too quick

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css