Reply to this topicStart new topic
Suicide, What are your thoughts?
GothGirl
post Apr 3 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #316

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,165

Suicide should be a person's choice (legally). However, that does not mean that I think suicide is by any means right. This is because I am a selfish human being who has a friend who gets depressed/suicidal (though he's promised me he won't off himself until he's at least twenty). I mean, it's just not right that you put the people you leave behind, well, left behind (I know that sounded less than brilliant; I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it). In short, it's not something I'd ever want anyone to do, but in the end it's their choice, because it's their life.

--------------------

Thanks to ed_drink_your_milk for this awesome siggy!
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. ~Elbert Hubbard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
~Edward~Elric~Fa...
post May 13 2007, 05:31 AM
Post #317

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 45,125

I've been to the point when I was younger where I couldn't take all my stress, and things that were going on in my life. So I would think about it, but then always get a HUGE headace or some thought inside my head telling me I shouldn't. After getting into Middle/High school, I started to make lots of friends, and joined lots of clubs, and sports teams happy.gif. I haven't had one thought or even a sensation of suicide cause I knew what I would be losing. My friends, and family, and not being able to spend time with them. I now think just to have fun, and not to worry about things that are come in the future even if somethings are bad. Just to go on, and be healthy taking life as it comes wink.gif.

(Everyone has a decision in life. So don't say I couldn't help but think it cause its your body, and your mind. Only you can control it happy.gif.)

--------------------

~I am a member of EdxArmony Club!!~

+Quote Post
Night Watcher Al...
post Jun 30 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #318

Citizen

Member No.: 74,009

I've seen suicide so many times; at least the scenes of it, and I can't seem to find myself to cry about it, anymore. But if you want my thoughts, it's this!

Suicide may be thought to save you, when truly, it doesn't. The feelings that were around you will be carried with you down into the fiery darkness that is hell. Dying of natural cause, or of murder, gets you to heaven (if you pray for forgiveness, and your good goes over your bad), but if you kill yourself, according to what I was taught, you'll just suffer for eternity.

So, if you are even considering it, I have one word of advice: DON'T. It will not save you, for the despair is a sin, and if you accept that sin, you accept hell.

--------------------
The ways of death can be as mysterious as the night-best watch your back for the shadows may hold a secret...

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Jul 1 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #319

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

On a quick note:

I know there are religious views on suicide and there are other views, but if we could refrain from the telling people that if you're going to die by suicide you're only going to hell etc etc... this will only cause fighting. Thanks! -ScarMySoul

OT:

My step brother's mom killed herself. Though her reasons were a lot deeper like, being abused as a child not only by a parent but by a sibling, being a closet alcoholic as well as pill popping... I don't think suicide is a way to go. If you're willing to get help for your problems and move forward with the help you do receive in order to make yourself better, then you can move past all the skeletons in your closet and live your life... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carmencita
post Jul 1 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #320

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,440

I've lost a friend through suicide, I have a friend who has a written out plan for suicide, and the other began to cut and tells me she contemplates suicide.
One too many. I don't want to loose another friend--especially if it's going to be 3 at once.

Honestly... Suicide is one greedy act. Although some of you may think that it's one way to relieve yourself of the pain and suffering this damnable world has to offer, you're only bringing grief and giving those aroudn you your suffering. You msut all stop and think how it will effect those around you. If maybe your mother does not love you how about your father? If not your parents siblings? Friends? Others in the family. You loose your chance of relieving the stress in a different more delightful way.
You miss your chance to smile and laugh again.
All those little things that you love that make life at least a bit better. They'll be gone.

Maybe this world revolves around pain, misery, agony, but there shall always be something there that should stop you from suicide. Suicide is not a way to go.. It is not an art, and it's the ultimate way. All-in-all it's just a way to make you suffer more.

Suicide is one of the main reasons i plan on being a pyschiatrist. To make my friends smile again and hopefully stop them from suicide if that time comes. The human brain is a beautiful thing, it does not deserve to be tainted with the blood of suicide. There is my crazy opinion. and I will be back to edit this post and add full detail. That's a promise.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 1 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #321

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Carmencita @ Jul 1 2010, 07:36 PM) *
but there shall always be something there that should stop you from suicide.

But there isn't always.

Of course I agree that suicide is extremely selfish. In most cases you can be helped, only often you don't realise it at the time. Which is damn tragic. I know people who've had times in their lives when they really didn't want to go on living, and when they were serioulsy considering suicide. At the time they were dead serious and couldn't see a brighter future. But today, 5 years later, they're so happy and thankful that they didn't go through with it. In hindsight, you realise that you weren't thinking clearly.

But, in cases where truly nothing or no one can help you, I'm not as against it. Some may argue that there's ALWAYS something to be done, but guess what, there isn't.

I do support one's right to choose over your own life and body, and when it comes to really sick or incapacitated people with only pain in their lives, with nothing in their lives to make it worth living, I'm for euthanasia. It's cruel to keep people alive who don't even have anything you could call a "life".

As an example, some months ago there was a huge fuzz in the media about whether or not the law against euthanasia should be revoked, during extenuaing circumstances (note that euthanasia is not the same as assisted suicide). The case that brought this to light was a woman in her early 30ies, who couldn't move an inch of her body. She could barely move the muscles in her face if I recall correctly. This was due to a disease which she had been suffering from since very early age, and her condition had only worsened, until she became completely incapacitated. And she had been so for the last 16 years or so, lying in a hospital bed day in and day out, only kept alive thanks to machines and medication. She pleaded to the government to make changes in the law regarding euthanasia, she sent a letter describing her situation and saying how every day was nothing but pain for her, that she really didn't see a point with her life. She was being kept alive, not living. And, they changed it. She was finally allowed some piece of mind.

Anyone insisting on keeping a person like this alive against their own will is cruel, in my book. There are tons of people in similiar situations, people who have MS and suffer excrutiating pains everyday that prevent them from having anything like a normal life whatsoever. There are people who can't take care of themlselves, who are stuck in their apartments for the rest of their lives, who need help with eating, showering, getting dressed, going to the bathroom etc. etc. Not a very fulfilling or dignifying life. In many cases not a life at all. In extreme situations like this, I think you should be allowed to choose not living.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
mura_no_baka
post Jul 28 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #322

Citizen

Member No.: 75,029

My opinion is that people should do whatever they want unless they aren't completely aware of the consequences of their actions. Psychologically speaking most people commit suicide as a last resort for a problem. The attempt without the ending means a shriek of despair crying out for any friend or human contact of any kind for help. To do it without thinking or purpose is useless, though some might actually say it's artistic, whatever it's their problem, not mine. I guess I'm ok with it if THIS ain't the situation (either) : Have family or friends or lover(s) who care about you; or have an important duty to do that you can still do it; or if you are pregnant... not to be harsh on the lost souls but honestly we humans make a big fuss if someone dies, usually it's rare to see an animal committing suicide, we cry sometimes for some we didn't even thought we cared. To all the nihilist readers "you are alive!" everybody has strings attached to them or attached to others don't cut them for no apparent reason at least try to make the best of living (i know it sounds cheesy but it actually seems right if you think about it). Not trying here to imply there is a reason for everything or that i know what a life's worth, I only know that no one knows and that usually includes you too.

--------------------
Life is full of crap and we are full of life.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Sep 10 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #323

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Mmh... interesting discussions.

I think there are at least three reasons for people thinking about suicide...
Love. Yeah. I know a guy who tried to kill himself twice because of a chick. I am so happy that he didn't manage. Such a dork. She used him but this isn't a reason for killing yourself. I have been told about a guy whose friend wanted to hang himself in his room. The guy noticed it and rescued him. Some years later his friend married another chick and was happy like never before.

Alcohol/Drugs. Have you ever met a REAL alcoholic? I mean really real. Who are shaking like some heroine-addicted guys. In poor countries they usually sell all their things to get alcohol, don't even say anything about drugs.

Sickness. That's quite rare if you ask me... I usually hear that sick people start misusing meds. Morphium or how ever it's called.

Bullying is more that they kill you before you kill yourself.

I dislike people who want to commit suicide. Especially the young ones. My earlier class mate wanted to kill herself with some pills. She informed a friend in icq and the friend called the police. That stupid chick. She wanted to kill herself because of laziness. But that's another story, she just stopped coming to school but she wasn't bullied or anything. Our school is small, and me, as a pseudo-spy, I know everything what's going on.
I'm just feeling sad cause it makes me sad that some people won't live with us in this world. Then I start to feel lonely. Sounds selfish. I hate when people die, I got enough of this. And when they go by themselves, I just want to punch them. And I mean the young stupid people who have their lives before themselves. Not about cases where you just can shake your head and say "There was nothing else to do"

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Sep 10 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #324

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

Don't EVER threaten your parents that you will commit suicide if things are rough and if tensions with them are bad.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
fmaexpert
post Feb 15 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #325

Citizen

Member No.: 58,781

i know suicide is a choice, but i feel it's wrong. even if you found your way out, the ones that care about you will feel pain because you're gone. i also know that some might be as lucky as others, either they don't believe anyone cares for them, or worse, they really don't, but i still feel like life is something you have to see all the way through(you only get one). who knows, maybe somewhere down the line, you find a reason to wanting to live again.

--------------------
my deviant: http://fmaxp3rt.deviantart.com/

my friend's blog (i said i would help her and advertising is helping~): click here! especially if you're a writer!

*insert awesome sig here*

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Feb 20 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #326

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

I have thought about killing myself a number of times....I was recently diagnosed with depression. Whenever I've told people I'd kill myself though I knew it was a lie because I know I couldn't do it because I know that some people do love me and I could never really leave them....but it doesn't mean that sometimes I don't feel like I want to die and think about it.

Sometimes I just wonder why I exist in this world...and feel so worthless and pathetic and like everyone is looking down on me. I try to seem confident but I know inside it's a struggle.

I have been bullied a lot. As a kid some other kids actually called me a monster and told me I wasn't even a human due to the red mark on my face that I was born with. I've been physically attacked too by crazy humans.

One of my family members killed himself when I was 15 years old. It was 11 years ago now. I saw how upset it made the people who loved him, which is how I'm able to avoid doing it myself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kazare
post May 25 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #327

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,582

Here is my opinion. I think women tend to commit suicide more because they are emmotionally sensitive (sometimes over sensitive) than the opposite sex. As to the no. Of males greater. Most men turns to be introverts and are most likely to keep their problems for themselves. Which is in a way, very depressing.

--------------------

Love what you need to love. Avoid Hatred or loathing as much as possible.
Add: Facebook Tumblr Twitter

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Jul 24 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #328

Citizen

Member No.: 82,285

In response to the post above, that sad fact that males keep their problems to themselves is sadly true. This is coming from a former cutter/man with suicidal tendencies, but no one knew that I even thought of killing myself until I spoke up after the fact, in which no one could even really do anything. It's also sad because when a man commits suicide, because of the fact that they've kept all their feelings inside, it comes as a major shock because any sort of problem wasn't know in the first place.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css