HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 12: One Is All, All Is One - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 12
Jen_Elric
post Jun 21 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,551

I just loved this episode! It didn't seem rushed to me. And I didn't mind that Mason wasn't there. He didn't seem very important (though I did kinda miss him).
I love Izumi and she was awesome in this episode! I laughed when she said she was a "mere housewife", smiled, then blood poured out of her mouth. Everyone was like, "OMG! O_O", lol.
Little Ed and Al were soo cute! I loved it when they grabbed Izumi's arm and she swings them around to get them off. And Cannibal!Ed made me laugh. I thought it was cute when he bit his brother! But eating the ants was a bit much.
I liked the Hohenheim and trisha flashbacks, as well as the Izumi flashbacks.
I also loved the end with Izumi hugging the bros., with them tearfully saying "sorry". But weren't they outside during this part in the manga?

Can't WAIT til next episode!! GREED!!!!!!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 21 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Jun 21 2009, 10:26 PM) *
By the way, the preview for the next episode had mason in it, so it seems he's not totally gone.

I saw it, too, but what's the point in having him at all now?

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Anakishi
post Jun 21 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 67,896

In comparison to the "super-rushed valley" episode, this one felt a lot better. Though it could've improved a lot by adding Mason to it; Idk, I didn't want it to be split into 2 episodes, but the island without Mason just felt a lot poorer. Maybe, they could've left out the Hoho-Trisha flashback to add Mason (please, don't kill me for this), I mean, those flashbacks were supposed to come much later, but I'm not complaining, they were placed perfectly. Mixed feelings apart, I found the episode overall very enjoyable. (Izumi's tatoo is blue? I had no idea!)
I'm just worried about what's on the horizon. You're kidding me they're gonna stuff 4 chapters into 1 ep?! I always choose to trust on Bones, but now I can't help to feel nervous. Why on earth would they deliberately speed things up like that? I'm pretty sure they don't have any set number of chapters, so they could take their time. Now I'm confused. =/

--------------------
- Goodbye, FMA, please help me find the strength to move on and get stronger, too!! ^^
- If I don't answer your reply, it could be because:
1) I'm too busy to turn on my computer.
2) I got shy, and didn't come back to the discussion.
3) I hate you, and I'd rather ignore you.
4) Your point got me speechless, congratz!

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Jun 21 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

To tell the truth, I didn't even notice the lack of Mason. After all, it's not like he's a major character or interesting or anything like that.

It was good to see more back story on Trisha. And Izumi's human transmutation scene was much better than the first series.

+Quote Post
alphonse-fma
post Jun 21 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 60,352

Wew , i love this episodes

Ed canibal , Eating Al , hahaha just make me laugh biggrin.gif

Cant wait for next episode laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Jun 21 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

Most of what I want to say has already been commented on by a bunch of people, but.....

-Loved the ep, even though it felt rushed (would have preferred 2 episodes on this), art quality was great
-no Mason??? gah!
-no Manny and cat ... hmmm, guess I can live without that
-loved Izumi's 'greeting' to Ed (boot to face) HA!!!
-Izumi transmutation scene, great addition. Same with her trying to shake them off at the river biggrin.gif (even though them asking to be her pupils was originally done in a hospital room), and where she transmutes the spear and spars with Ed

last fault is that I think the emotional scene where she hugs Ed and Al should have been the end of the ep....... rather then what they did by going back to an 'exposition of alchemy' flashback. They should have put that flashback earlier with the rest of the island stuff. It broke up what was a rather powerful moment with something that belonged earlier in the episode.

End of my thoughts for the moment... need to go rewatch again! lol

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 21 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

QUOTE (Anakishi @ Jun 21 2009, 08:22 PM) *
I'm just worried about what's on the horizon. You're kidding me they're gonna stuff 4 chapters into 1 ep?! I always choose to trust on Bones, but now I can't help to feel nervous. Why on earth would they deliberately speed things up like that? I'm pretty sure they don't have any set number of chapters, so they could take their time. Now I'm confused. =/

Well the way I've been told, and the way I believe it is, BONES just wants to get the stuff we already know about out ofthe way and done with, so as not to waste their (our our) time. Since everything, more or less, before the Greed arc in the manga/Brotherhood resembles what's already happened in the first anime they just want to get it out of their system so they can start on the new stuff. A lot of people are hoping, as well as myself, that once Greed's arc is done, they'll start to take things more slowly.

And if they don't... then there will be lots of filler eps... and that's not cool at all.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 22 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

So far there has been a general pattern of including as much manga-only material as possible while condensing the important old-anime/manga material and cutting the non-essential old-anime/manga material. Once we reach that point of divergence there will not be any more reason to shorten stuff because we will not have seen it before. So far almost all of the first-time-animated manga-only material has been presented pretty thoroughly, with the exception of the omission of the bridge scene at Rush Valley.

As far as this episode was concerned, I liked both flashbacks. The Hoho scene was great, as well as Izumi's failed transmutation. The island section could have been better, but how could they possibly out-do the first anime's excellent adaptation?

One thing bugged me though and that was the pathetic "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry"s that was reminiscent of the other flashback with Mustang. It was okay the first time, but this one seemed over the top, and it actually took away from the emotion of the scene for me just because I was bugged by how pathetic they sounded.

Also one thing I liked about the first anime was that it took about 4 full episodes with Izumi Curtis before it is revealed that she actually committed the taboo. Much less shock/emotional value when this time it was revealed in the same episode that we first meet her. I would have liked if they had waited on revealing that until after the upcoming scenes with Greed.

Overall it was an enjoyable episode though, and I can't wait for the next one, as usual...

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 22 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:38 AM) *
And if they don't... then there will be lots of filler eps... and that's not cool at all.

That is something that should definitely not be an issue in this case... considering the huge amounts of manga stuff they have to animate, they're certainly not short of material. That's the least of problems... and... since I suppose Hiromu gave them a hint at how much material she has still has in store from now till the end of it, they should be doing their planning wisely.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Jun 22 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Hi all...

It's enjoyable episode

well...

I loved it ^o^
I liked Hohenheim and Trisha's flashbacks
I didn't mind that Mason wasn't there.
also,I loved when Izumi comforted ED & AL it was nice .

it's generally lovely episode!

Yaaaay , Greed !! <3
I can't wait the next week

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 22 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

After watching the episode subbed, I have a few more thoughts.

It felt like Ed and Al did a lot more chatting on the island than was really necessary, especially with that scene after Izumi's hug. It makes me think they probably could have included Mason if they had cut down on some of that, and it would have kept the desperation of the situation and still got the same point across.

Little flashbacks here and there were sort of neat, though not really that necessary. I liked the addition of the scene in which Hohenheim leaves, but they could have kept it at that, not retreading over material that should have been in episode 2.

What I liked the most in the episode was Izumi transmuting the spear and the short exchange of Ed vs Izumi that it prompted.

Gah, the bit I missed the most from the manga is, after telling Izumi about what happened, Izumi tells the brothers to go to the coffin store and buy two coffins their size!

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 22 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Hmm, the very fact that the first theme song is called "Again" really makes me hope that we are almost to the end of the rushed material. I take it most people have noticed by now that by the time we get to the new theme song (around episode 15), we will be EXACTLY at the point where the manga and first anime diverge entirely (at the intro of the Xing characters). Since the new song is called "Hologram," hooooopefully that means we will be seeing a "mirror" adaption of the manga from that point onward!? ;D Okay, a stretch of an analysis, but I can keep my fingers crosssed, right? tongue.gif

I actually liked how "pathetic" Ed and Al's "sumimasens" were at the end... even if it was a repeat of what we saw with Mustang. I feel like it had more meaning here since Izumi was someone who really understood what happened to them and also had a history with them, as opposed to Mustang who had never committed the "taboo" and who they had also only just met. Plus, I thrive on angst - what else can I say? wub.gif

On a funny side note, when the Fullmetal Alchemist guy did his thing this week, one of my roommates who was sitting nearby on his computer, minding his own business, was so shocked that he jumped and broke his glass he was using, LOL!!! XD *sigh* More proof the eyecatch guy has got to go... he's just so jarring and inappropriate. Huh, maybe when we switch to the new opening theme, there might be some hope? O_O Gahhh, I wish... sleep.gif

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 22 2009, 04:02 AM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Hmm, the very fact that the first theme song is called "Again" really makes me hope that we are almost to the end of the rushed material. I take it most people have noticed by now that by the time we get to the new theme song (around episode 15), we will be EXACTLY at the point where the manga and first anime diverge entirely (at the intro of the Xing characters). Since the new song is called "Hologram," hooooopefully that means we will be seeing a "mirror" adaption of the manga from that point onward!? ;D Okay, a stretch of an analysis, but I can keep my fingers crosssed, right? tongue.gif

And that is something I hadn't actually thought about... even though yesterday I was pondering on the fact that the opening was a giveaway at showing till what point of the plot we will have this particular opening.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 22 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Why do they keep changing the color of the tattoos on the characters? Twice in a row now, because they changed Marta's too. (Or... Martel? Who really cares?) Why do they have to touch the coloring of every little thing? I can understand why they changed Al's hair and eye color, (because... way off the the future we'll see why) but I don't get why they changed Rose, Gracia, and Elysia. :/

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 22 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #45

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 22 2009, 08:41 AM) *
Why do they keep changing the color of the tattoos on the characters? Twice in a row now, because they changed Marta's too. (Or... Martel? Who really cares?) Why do they have to touch the coloring of every little thing? I can understand why they changed Al's hair and eye color, (because... way off the the future we'll see why) but I don't get why they changed Rose, Gracia, and Elysia. :/

@Hagaren_4ever - Do you mean changing the colors of characters tattoo, from the first series to this series??? Or, changing from episode to episode within this series? And, do you see that example in this particular episode? (I assume. ^^) If so, which character, and what tattoo??? I'm sure these are glaringly obvious to you, but not so obvious to some readers of your post, unless you tell us on your post, and hence more clarification on your post would be appreciated. smile.gif
Also, if you would really like to talk about "why do they have to touch the coloring of every little thing?" in-depth, then you can post that on FMA-2:Brotherhood art-style discussion thread, and carry on that discussion there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 04:21 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css