HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 2: The First Day - Content Discussion Thread, Universal conversation regarding the second installment of FMA: B
Rating 5 V
edo little kid
post Apr 12 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,158

Awwwwwo

Ed looks small punk in pics ^^

but he is so cute , I love him ^^

thanks FullMoon for nice pics !

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 12 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Subs by shinsen-subs are out, if someone wants link PM me (only torrents right now) *goes search for the DDL*
Oh, well I have to go for now, link is on the shinsen-subs' main page, just google it^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 12 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

And followed the second part with the manga in my hands too.
Loved the feeling >D

@Alzea: That's great!

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Yikie
post Apr 12 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 66,339

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 12 2009, 06:41 AM) *
Subs by shinsen-subs are out, if someone wants link PM me (only torrents right now) *goes search for the DDL*
Oh, well I have to go for now, link is on the shinsen-subs' main page, just google it^^

DDL is out too ^^!

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 12 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 12 2009, 05:35 AM) *
Just saw the first part of the ep with Volume 6, Chapter 23 in my hands.
Perfect. Simply. Perfect.

Whoa O___o Share with us please xD

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 12 2009, 06:48 AM
Post #21

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Hmm, is it just me, or does Truth sounds like Park Romi + Kugimiya Rie's voices modified? X3

The voice actors for Truth is not in the credit list, so it's possible that it's Romi and Rie =3

and LMAO @ Ed's face at the last bit of the episode. It's simply priceless.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Goral
post Apr 12 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 59,458

Didn't like it :/. It was even worse than previous episode and that's odd coming from me because I hated first one. What was with Ed being a narrator? That didn't fit at all. Hughes' question "Why did you make Ed a state alchemist" was artificial just to explain how did Ed become one. All these jumps from one time to another reminded me of Claymore and Pieta battle (though instead time skips there were space jumps). It completely ruined the mood. All episode was rushed too much and like in previous one they condensed as mch information as they could. And what I'm most angry about is how they showed Ed's first encounter with Bradley. They've skipped through most of dialogue and it was done lamely... The same can be said when Winry talked with Riza. What's more when Ed said "you're not cute" or sth like that Winry blushed... It was so not FMA like. "You're not cute" is a schematic that can be seen in almost every poor shounen or shoujo for masses. For now FMA 2003 wins easily.

--------------------
9 out of 10 connoisseurs recommend watching Kemono no Souja Erin.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Apr 12 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

QUOTE (AA battery @ Apr 12 2009, 06:48 AM) *
Hmm, is it just me, or does Truth sounds like Park Romi + Kugimiya Rie's voices modified? X3

The voice actors for Truth is not in the credit list, so it's possible that it's Romi and Rie =3

and LMAO @ Ed's face at the last bit of the episode. It's simply priceless.

Truth does sort of sound like their voices condensed together.
That would make sense...although it's a bit creepy.

QUOTE (Goral @ Apr 12 2009, 06:57 AM) *
The same can be said when Winry talked with Riza. What's more when Ed said "you're not cute" or sth like that Winry blushed... It was so not FMA like. "You're not cute" is a schematic that can be seen in almost every poor shounen or shoujo for masses. For now FMA 2003 wins easily.

Doesn't Ed say that frequently?
It's also a schematic that's used in just about any story.

I do agree with you on the timing thing, though. Trisha was just sort of there and then left.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 12 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (Goral @ Apr 12 2009, 08:57 AM) *
Didn't like it :/. It was even worse than previous episode and that's odd coming from me because I hated first one. What was with Ed being a narrator? That didn't fit at all. Hughes' question "Why did you make Ed a state alchemist" was artificial just to explain how did Ed become one. All these jumps from one time to another reminded me of Claymore and Pieta battle (though instead time skips there were space jumps). It completely ruined the mood. All episode was rushed too much and like in previous one they condensed as mch information as they could. And what I'm most angry about is how they showed Ed's first encounter with Bradley. They've skipped through most of dialogue and it was done lamely... The same can be said when Winry talked with Riza. What's more when Ed said "you're not cute" or sth like that Winry blushed... It was so not FMA like. "You're not cute" is a schematic that can be seen in almost every poor shounen or shoujo for masses. For now FMA 2003 wins easily.

Wow, complaint much? Ed always says "You're not cute, not sexy" to Winry and quite a lot too. Honestly, they rushed this because all of this stuff was shown in the previous anime. There's going to be a lot of changing once we get past Hughes's death I believe. Have you even read the manga just out of curiosity? It is quite FMA like when it comes to the manga. Seriously, read the manga before you go throwing around opinions and judging because the writing is a hell of a lot different than the first anime...and much more enjoyable if you ask me. The manga story owns the first anime anyday.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Goral
post Apr 12 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #25

Citizen

lol
I've read manga, this particular scene was totally different. In manga it was natural. And there was absolutely NO BLUSHING. They were kids then, damn it! Love wasn't in Winry's head then at all nor she cared about being cute or not. She was seriously fighting with him (using her wrench) and it wasn't so pompous (actually it was no pompous at all). And they've skipped important part of the dialogue that showed Winry's resolve and added some humour to it ("You've got two choices, either you listen to me or I'll smack you in the head" - said Winry nonchalantly walking past Ed). In short: it was nothing like in the manga.

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Apr 12 2009, 04:18 PM) *
The manga story owns the first anime anyday.

Agreed on this one but IMO on the other hand first adaptation owns this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 12 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

It's too early to say whether or not the first adaptation was better since the new season only aired like what, 2 episodes. Maybe it will improve later? Since it's quite obvious that they did everything in a rush, and it's too hard to get get compared to the first adaptation... so I'm heading over to the "let's sit and wait and see" boat. XD

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Goral
post Apr 12 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #27

Citizen

@AA battery
I thought it was obvious I was talking about first two episodes, guess I was wrong biggrin.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 12 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #28

Brigadier General

QUOTE (Goral @ Apr 12 2009, 07:55 AM) *
@AA battery
I thought it was obvious I was talking about first two episodes, guess I was wrong biggrin.gif.

I guess it is obvious that you didn't get what I meant. Oh well, what can you expect from someone with merely 3 posts. Mr. Newb, go read the forum rules and learn to be nice.

Comparing a whole series VS 2 episodes = wrong. You clearly didn't get that.

Anyhow, SLEEP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goral
post Apr 12 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #29

Citizen

@AA battery

I think the one who didn't get the message is you biggrin.gif. Comparing first two episodes of FMA 2003 and first two episodes of FMA 2009 makes perfect sense. They own completely first two episodes of this "true adaptation". And what number of posts does have to do with anything? I'll rewrite my last sentence from first post so you could understand:
Agreed on this one but IMO on the other hand first adaptation owns this one FOR NOW.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 12 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Doesn't Ed say that frequently?

No, but he does in that specific scene. "Be nice if you're not cute! Mechanic fanatic!", something like that. Winry hits him two times in that same scene in the manga : one when she sees the brother fighting, with her wrench, and the second time when Ed transmutes his automail, and here she hits with a chair.

Speaking of wrench-kicking, I can't wait for the time where she will hit Al. I consider that scene the only "serious" wrench scene.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css