HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Character Q&A: Question about FMA character? Post here!, Warning! May contain posts with Spoilers without spoiler covers
LandoCalrissian
post Feb 23 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,597

^ @SS Android - I was referring to when she showed her true form as Sloth in the darker dress, darker hair and from what I remember a different eye color...this below photo shows that, however, it might just be a bad shot - to me it looked like her skin color was also paler.
Sloth in True form with darker hair
When I saw that in the series, I thought it was similar with Lust - the fact that she lost her features and again looked like an otherworldly creature.

Yet, we have the Pride that looks very much human in every way - and even greed...except for his sharp teeth.
That is why I think that Homunculi created by Dante look different.

It is a good question...I know in the manga everything is black and white and I wonder if when Bones was doing the anime they ever thought about this crux down the road...

--------------------
"Hello, what have we here?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKing
post Feb 27 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 66,854

No she was not...

+Quote Post
slc2
post May 17 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 68,626

Is there some special reason Hohenheim has gold eyes, does any other character have them? (apart from obviously Ed and Al who have them because they inherited them from him.) Does the manga ever pick up on this being unusual, or is it of no significance

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post May 17 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #49

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Hohenheim's eye color is probably based on his origin - coming from Xerxes. In Xerxes, he was looked at as none of the ordinary. Out of the other main characters in te manga, nobodyelse but Elric brothers and Hohenheim have golden eyes but that doesn't have to mean that this color is not uncomon among Amestris people now

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post May 17 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE (slc2 @ May 18 2009, 12:27 AM) *
Is there some special reason Hohenheim has gold eyes, does any other character have them? (apart from obviously Ed and Al who have them because they inherited them from him.) Does the manga ever pick up on this being unusual, or is it of no significance

Seems to be an ethnic trait for the Xerxese people. All of them have blonde hair and light (presumably golden, hard to tell with a black-and-white comic but I believe they are) eyes.

EDIT. SneakyRuler beat me to it!

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post May 17 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

This has been bugging me for a while...

Riza said at her father's funeral that she has no relatives that she knew of.. and said that her parents were estranged from their families. (Chapter 60) So what is all this about Grumman being her grandfather? I'm guessing he really is her grandfather, because the evidence is sorta there, I suppose... but why didn't Riza think of him? Or was it because she hadn't met him at the time.. or some other unknown reason? I have no clue, and I can't figure this out! Help?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mazam
post May 23 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 49,332

QUOTE (slc2 @ May 18 2009, 12:27 AM) *

I assume they all have gold hair and eyes at Xerxes too kinda like how white hair, red eyes, and brown skin is a trait of the Ishvalan people. I do wonder if Xerxes has any ethnic minorities, especially when one of Hohenheim's fellow slaves has dark skin? I wonder if she has the gold eyes and hair too? She could be mixed with Ishvalan for all we know. Can't wait for whenever it gets animated, that's for sure.

Edit: messed up link.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 23 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #53

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ May 18 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Riza said at her father's funeral that she has no relatives that she knew of.. and said that her parents were estranged from their families. (Chapter 60) So what is all this about Grumman being her grandfather? I'm guessing he really is her grandfather, because the evidence is sorta there, I suppose... but why didn't Riza think of him? Or was it because she hadn't met him at the time.. or some other unknown reason? I have no clue, and I can't figure this out! Help?

@hand-made-city - As far as I know, I don't think there have been any entries in the manga (or anime for that matter) to explain this clearly. But, as you posted, Riza and papa Hawkeye had been estranged from the family of Riza's mother's side, so, it's not far off to suppose that up to the time of papa Hawkeye's funeral there had been no contact between Riza and Grumman (if even she was aware that Grumman was alive, or in the military ...since papa Hawkeye seems to have had a negative view on Amestris military, or at least alchemists being "dogs of the military," it's not surprising if Grumman, who is the carrier military man, hasn't come up in the conversation between Riza and papa Hawkeye) hence, I guess it's not odd that Riza did not think of Grumman as part of her family at the time of papa Hawkeye's funeral??... I think. tongue.gif

=================

QUOTE (_Mat @ May 23 2009, 01:18 PM) *
But why did Gluttony like Lust more than for example Greed (bad example) or pride (whom he is just scared of).

@_Mat - Since Gluttony has some "childlike" mentality, he may look her up as "motherly/big sisterish" kind of figure, and she responds to that as well, while other homunculi don't seem to care much about spending much time alone with Gluttony? (My guess. XD)

<PROGRAM NOTE>
Also..... _Mat and others who posted discussions on the relationship between Gluttory and Lust, I opened a new discussion thread for this topic (with _Mat as OP) and moved related posts to the new Gluttony & Lust discussion thread. Please continue this discussion there. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post May 24 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks Tombow! I wonder how the two of them first met and what exactly their reactions were....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessElir
post Jun 10 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 63,382

~ In What Chapter Do We Find Out That Grunman Is Hawkeye's Grandfather?, Question answered, please use FMA manga Q&A thread next time ^^ ~

In what chapter do we find out that General Grunman is Lt Hawkeye's grandfather? I have volumes 1-18 right now. And I try not to read scanlations if I can help it. But if it is a scanlation I will read it.

--------------------

Tomato+Potato=Pomato?

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 10 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Where did you hear that Grunman was Lt. Hawkeye's grandfather? I've read the whole series so far, and there's been no mention of it... :/

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Hey
post Jun 10 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 62,200

There's currently no mention of it in the series, only in Perfect Guidebook 2.

The page with the pyramid-thing of the military ranks, the text above Grumman's headshot mentions this.

--------------------
DENIAL.

+Quote Post
PrincessElir
post Jun 10 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #58

Citizen

I've heard it. it keeps popping up in fanfiction and it's on wikipedia.

--------------------

Tomato+Potato=Pomato?

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jun 10 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #59

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Wait..what? Since when was General Grumman Hawkeye's grandfather? Is that really true?

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
PrincessElir
post Jun 10 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #60

Citizen

where can I find said guidebook?

--------------------

Tomato+Potato=Pomato?

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 06:10 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css