HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Plot Holes, Continuity Problems, And Other Flows You Noticed On Fma-1, Spoiler Alert!!
cutewitch
post Apr 20 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,391

despite that i do admire the screenplay of the FMA series and have been touched so many times--there is nothing perfect tho-just discovered a minor flaw:

in the episode in which ed killed greed: before ed came, al and izumi were fighting greed. then a chimera knocked off greed's head in front of al--then greed brought his head back and complained the blow was too hard. then, after a while, ed just came in. i assume he did not see all of the show.

then after ed killed greed. looking at his body, ed cried: why should u die? isn't that true that you can still survive when ur head was blown off? how did he know all of these? i don't think al and izumi had time to tell him~~

just my 2 cents
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panzer Dragoon
post Apr 20 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 4,727

huh.gif Odd. I haven't seen the episode, but I'll keep a lookout for that little flaw. Thanks for the heads up, Cutewitch.

--------------------
"I would venture to say that Professor Gilmore is spending too much time thinking!
He's made it a habit of blaming Black Ghost for nearly everything!"

(Then he sings:)
"Whennnnn! Everything positive turns to toast
It doesn't matter on which coast!
When good intentions get the roast -
Gilmore will have to blame Black Ghost!

Thank you, I'm here all week! Try the veal!"
~007, Cyborg 009

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 20 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Guests

Hmm, good point. The only thing that bugged me in the series was when [SPOILER]Al went and touched Ed's face after he died and said, "See, his body's still warm." I thought Al couldn't feel anything in that body.[/SPOILER]

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 20 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Citizen

for this point i would say that it is an artistic rendering~~just like the automail arm streched into the sky in the end.

another thing is that--the blood seal in al's armour. i remember in the end of the series ed said that al should not swim/or go into the river?? yet in the beginning of the series when the two are practising kong fu thing--ed did beat al into the water~~

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 20 2005, 08:15 PM)
Hmm, good point.  The only thing that bugged me in the series was when [SPOILER]Al went and touched Ed's face after he died and said, "See, his body's still warm."  I thought Al couldn't feel anything in that body.[/SPOILER]
[snapback]157493[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 20 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Guests

BONES admitted that they had messed up here and there for the series. They corrected some of the stuff that they can correct in the DVDs, like how Ed punched his fist into his palm then accidentedly heated up the tub of water in the TV series now becoming Ed 'clapping' his palms in the DVD.

+Quote Post
NeoKakashi
post Apr 20 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #6

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,239

The clapping thing was the mess up there. You don't clap when you're angry, you'd punch your hand.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 21 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Apr 20 2005, 10:45 PM)
The clapping thing was the mess up there.  You don't clap when you're angry, you'd punch your hand.
[snapback]157544[/snapback]

BONES said the punch was the mess-up since they said the alchemy can only be done by clapping hands.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 21 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

but really... there shouldn't be a different between clapping and punching hands because it's still a "circle" made with the alchemist's body >.>;; (if it can only be achieved with clapping, then Wrath is already the biggest mess up because he did it to trap Al or something in Jack Island only by touching his arm and leg with the ground)

cutewitch: oh yea... O-O I better rewatch...

BONES even wrote Winry's name wrong somewhere in the anime (spelled the katakana wrong) I think... == *stabs BONES*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Guest_'o'_*
post Apr 21 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #9

Guests

Hey, who says " u dont clap ur hands when ur angry" ? Well, I do. tongue.gif And he wasn't angry, he's frustrated. If I was him, I probably clap my hands too and slap my head.

+Quote Post
NeoKakashi
post Apr 21 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #10

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Apr 20 2005, 10:45 PM)
The clapping thing was the mess up there. You don't clap when you're angry, you'd punch your hand.
[snapback]157544[/snapback]

BONES said the punch was the mess-up since they said the alchemy can only be done by clapping hands.
[snapback]157604[/snapback]

Oh. How stupid. It shouldn't really matter to anyone because that wasn't stated in the series.

+Quote Post
terroja
post Apr 21 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 12,275

The Greed thing can easily be explained. Ed said, in essence, that he thought Greed would live even if his head were severed. This doesn't imply that he saw Greed's head grow back in the previous episode, it was merely a coincidence that Ed used a decapitation example when what he meant was merely, "I thought you guys were immortal" because he didn't understand the purpose of the Transmutation circle below his feet.

Do you see what I'm saying?

As for Al feeling his brothers warmth--I don't think he was perceiving it tactiley.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 21 2005, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Citizen

i understand that ed was gonna say" i thought you were immortal," but i would say that if ed used another example, such as "even the body is pierced/stabbed etc," it will not be considered as a "flaw"--the crucial part here is that--the decapitation thing happened only on greed and not on other homunculi. how can ed come to this observation? others might say that he came to this line by deduction/speculation etc., yet based on the whole story and other characters performance, i would say that almost all of them make deduction based on some observation/examples

QUOTE(terroja @ Apr 21 2005, 08:42 AM)
The Greed thing can easily be explained. Ed said, in essence, that he thought Greed would live even if his head were severed. This doesn't imply that he saw Greed's head grow back in the previous episode, it was merely a coincidence that Ed used a decapitation example when what he meant was merely, "I thought you guys were immortal" because he didn't understand the purpose of the Transmutation circle below his feet.

Do you see what I'm saying?

As for Al feeling his brothers warmth--I don't think he was perceiving it tactiley.
[snapback]157799[/snapback]

+Quote Post
terroja
post Apr 21 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 12,275

QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 21 2005, 10:11 AM)
i understand that ed was gonna say" i thought you were immortal," but i would say that if ed used another example, such as "even the body is pierced/stabbed etc," it will not be considered as a "flaw"--the crucial part here is that--the decapitation thing happened only on greed and not on other homunculi. how can ed come to this observation? others might say that he came to this line by deduction/speculation etc., yet based on the whole story and other characters performance, i would say that almost all of them make deduction based on some observation/examples
[snapback]157812[/snapback]

I don't think I explained myself well.

I'm saying that what he was saying was entirely generic and had no connection to Greed's prior decapitation at all.

Or hell, maybe he saw Greed's head on the floor when he went to rescue Al and put two and two together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 21 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #14

Citizen

maybe i did not express myself better--i understand your point that ed was just using some example of their immortality--but i don't think in that episode it is a generic use: ed's original words are that "even your head is bumped off..." which perfectly correlates with the scene in episode 33. the two episodes are consecutive and there are good reasons for audience to link the two together; even ed wanted to make a generic use of that, he should have some basis for his imagination even if it is just a small clue--yet till then we did not see any. besides, i don't think ed has time to see the "putting the head together thing" if you re-watch the episode 33. this is a rough temporal sequence:

greed's head was bumped off and brought back-- izumi and her husband jumped into the fight--ed asked armstrong about the location--when izumi was beaten by greed, ed came--he was gasping then--therefore, he should have run to the devil's nest rather than lurking around the place to observe everything from the beginning.

QUOTE(terroja @ Apr 21 2005, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 21 2005, 10:11 AM)
[snapback]157812[/snapback]

I don't think I explained myself well.

I'm saying that what he was saying was entirely generic and had no connection to Greed's prior decapitation at all.

Or hell, maybe he saw Greed's head on the floor when he went to rescue Al and put two and two together.
[snapback]157882[/snapback]

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post Apr 21 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

What??? I am sooo confused right now...

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css