How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
telepika
post Mar 27 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,937

I was first introduced to FMA about one year ago in my school's anime club. I remember that we were voting on what to watch and I had an embarassingly huge obsession over Rurouni Kenshin, so I was like: "Vote for Kenshin or die everyone." Kenshin lost and we watched FMA instead. I remember wishing that the FMA CD would break so we could watch Kenshin... (Like I said. I was OBESSED!!! Not to mention immature). And the CD did start acting weird in the beginning until someone fixed it.

Anyway, after the first episode, FMA worked its magical wonders then I became overly-obsessed with FMA. And so is the magic of my first encounter with FMA. The end.

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mortari
post Mar 27 2005, 09:51 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 4,426

I read about Fullmetal Alchemist in a magazine, so I decided to find out more about this show that was soon to be aired on Adult Swim. I searched around the internet to find more information, but I couldn't find a lot for some weird reason. sad.gif Then the first episode aired on Adult Swim and I was hooked. I searched without doing anything else for a whole day(and part of the night) and found this website. biggrin.gif
Then when I got to school that Monday, I went to my friend and was like, "Did you see the cool new show?" and she was as excited as I was. cool.gif
Then when I missed an episode(which is near to impossible since I went through Yu Yu Hakusho several times without EVER missing an episode) mad.gif and I just had to find out what happened(it was the Thief Siren episode). So I looked everywhere for somewhere to download the episodes, and I did. So now I've seen the whole thing so many, many times. ph34r.gif

--------------------
"Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?"

+Quote Post
clothalchemist
post Mar 28 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 10,450

Some friends who have an anime night watching fansubs told me about FMA. When I saw it had started on Cartoon Network, I remembered to watch it. Needless to say I got hooked but now I needed to see the first few episodes. So I was able to borrow a copy of the fansubs to watch not just the episodes I missed but the whole thing. Yet I still watch every Saturday and Thursday night (yes I watch the rerun..must see more FMA).

+Quote Post
Guest_HH_*
post Mar 28 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #34

Guests

Well, I have been waiting for someone to ask that question! My mom said,"OK, you kan stay up until 12:00 so you can finish watching Wyatt Earp." Now I know, I shoud have not dissobayed my mom, but I couldn't resist! I had herd of this Fullmetal Alchemist, so I wanted to see what it was about. I fliped to cartoon network and it was AWSOME! I even picked out my fav charater: Huges. I mean who doesn't like Huges?

+Quote Post
*~Oashisu*~
post Mar 28 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 5,831

I remember (I think). It was Thanksgiving, and I ended up spending the night at my cousin's house. I was flipping throught channels, and FMA was on, my cousin told me about it.. I ended up NOT watching it (Stupid me!). Well, the week later, episode 6 came on.
Then I remember getting a magazine with an article about the show, and well since I hadn't seen it the week before, I thought I should watch it, so I did... Nina was adorable, and I just had to find out what happened next. It was only the 7th episode (The 2nd episode I of the series I had ever watched) and I started crying. It was so sad, and, well, no anime has made me do that before, so it was special. Now I watch it every week, my new obssesion is Ed, and I drive people insane showing them random pictures of him, and asking "Ain't he just so cool!?" And it ish now (To meh) even better than Inuyasha, which I believed was the absolute best anime, ever.
Mweh, Ed ish so friggin' cool. *-*

--------------------
deviantART's Not-So-Official Vic Mignogna Fan Club!

Avatar © Me, but most of the textures © to their respectful owners.

Visit My Pathetic Art!

+Quote Post
Sonic-Teal
post Mar 28 2005, 08:53 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,260

I actually watched it by chance. Thursday night I watched it becuase we had no school Friday, and I was lucky becuase I changed it to cartoon network 5 minutes bfore it started. I watched the first episode and I went cool show. I liked Ed becuase of his metal arm becuase I am astar wars freak so Darth Vader's metal arm anyone? On topic I said I am going to watch this through and through and there Ed became my favorite anima character. He and Major from Ghost In a Shell are the coolest in my book.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav

+Quote Post
FullMetal_Edward
post Mar 28 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 9,854

When I watched it I was just waiting for InuYasha and then I saw it it was the Cornello episode the first one I think and then after that I just kept on watching because I thought it was cool if I could do alchemy and plus I'm like Ed the whole short thing.

--------------------
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."

-Alphonse Elric

Video Game quotes!

Ed: Who are you calling short!
Bandit: Who why you o'course..who the heck else is there shorty!(shorty part echoes)
Ed:*Wire snaps in background* ARE YOU CALLING ME THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS KIND OF SHORTY!!!!!!
*Hits bandit with arm transmuted into a hammer*

+Quote Post
sailorv
post Mar 31 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 10,231

My husband and I had watched all of Wolf's Rain on Adult Swim. I believe FMA started after that series concluded. Now we're watching FMA and GITS. I'm the bigger FMA fan, he's the bigger GITS fan wink.gif . But we're both lovin' Saturday Night Adult Swim!

I was hooked right away. It seemed like FMA had the kind of complexity I enjoy and I really liked Ed's character (a lot of credit goes to his English voice actor). I haven't been disappointed!

--------------------
Sailorv

+Quote Post
Senefen
post Mar 31 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 519

I download a lot of manga and had just finished Chobits, I was asking friends what to try next and a pychopath called Shasta said GET FMA GET FMA! (meaning the anime which I couldnt get because it took too long). While looking for nothing in particular I stumbled across the 1st 15 FMA chapters and downloaded them all to take home and read. I was hooked by the end of the first chapter and have been ever since.

+Quote Post
Abyss_Soldier
post Apr 1 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 10,436

I first saw it on a saturday night waiting for inuyasha to come on on adult swim. I think it was the first episode, because the prior week inuyasha had come on at it's regular time(It was the one when they met Rose and the priest with the artificial philosiphers stone). anyway At first i didn't like it and thought it was boring but then i watched it a couple times and started to like it.

+Quote Post
Blade Alchemist
post Apr 1 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,558

I heard the title before I knew what the anime/manga was about then I started to watch it on AdultSwim.

--------------------
IPB Image
Free Cookies!!
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!

+Quote Post
Lucky Charm
post Apr 1 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 8,406

My friend had told me about the manga over the summer 04, about how great it was. He also told me about Adult Swim airing it on November. I didn't pay too much mind to it till I saw the end of episode 2. I started getting hooked on it. I've seen the subbed version, but not all of them.

--------------------

user posted image
Full time graphic/web designer <3
Current sites || Cherished Soul
Member at || Minitokyo || Playstation || Meteor² || FMA community

+Quote Post
sailorv
post Apr 2 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 10,231

I just remembered something funny!

At the risk of sounding completely foolish, after I watched the first episode of FMA, I spent some time trying to figure out what this had to do with Full Metal Panic! rolleyes.gif I guess on first hearing the title, I assumed it was another generation - you know, like the different Gundam series or Dirty Pair series where they change the name with the different seasons or stories or generations.

Heehee.

--------------------
Sailorv

+Quote Post
animeluver25
post Apr 4 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 10,152

i was on the internet. came into the bedroom cause i had to get ready for bed, and the show was starting. i liked the theme song, it was cool, so i decided to watch it. im glad i did. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Ed's_Girl
post Apr 4 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,090

I was one night I decided to watch it. I thought it looked wierd, in the commercial. I saw episode 3. I cryed too. From that night on I knew that this was my new love! Fast, I became addicted to it. I just fell in love, and I wrote to myself in my diary never forget...

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 04:08 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css