HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 980 981 982 983 984 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Sweetdeath04
post Apr 27 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #14716

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,146

Come help daddy with some research"

Riza being eager to please, get some attention from her usually detached father, agrees.

Then, he tells her she promised to help him when she tries to back out. Guilts her into it.

Makes him sound just as bad as Tucker

That's how I'd guess it happened. I doubt he'd have used physical force to restrain her. Chances are she just wanted a little love from daddy.

And yes, it does make him sound as bad as Tucker.

As for what age she was... I'd reckon Causmicfire's right, he did it just after Roy joined the Military. And she'd have been what age? Depends what age you can join the military at (I've always assumed 16. Which could make her around 13? Maybe?)

Well, I kind of stopped growing when I was twelve, except for an inch or so (I'm short!). So I guess that could work. The backs a good place for it because it wouldn't stretch as much as it would elsewhere on the body. Though it must have been excruciating! I got a small tattoo on my back a while ago and it was so painful! And she'd have had to go through it more than once, adding different bits at a time...

Mr. Hawkeye is definitely an interesting character, and I would like to learn more about him, but until he is in some way proven to be more than the man that put his child through something like that, I can't like him.

Agreed. Sort of. I hate him as a father, but as a character to theorise about... I love him!

--------------------
I'M NOT SHORT!... I'm Huggable!
My Web Work
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 27 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #14717

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Apr 27 2009, 04:45 AM) *
Hi there, royai fans! My name is SneakyRuler and I am a hopeless case of Roy and Riza obsessed person but most of the time I try to hide it really hard wink.gif
And now, here comes my dilemma: I just realized that Royai is not a canon thing in the manga! Though Hawkeye obviously is in love there's no proof that Mustang feels the same whatsoever! He just seems to be concerned about Rizas's safety... which only says he cares about his subordinate/teacher's daghter *runs to hide somewhere safe*

Yo SneakyRuler, nobody wants to throw stones at you, don't worry =D
I don't get people who are believing that Roy doesn't feel anything for Riza, but Riza does.
Why do people believe, she is hopelessly in love with Roy? She behaves like a good subordinate has to behave!
Well, but if there are no feelings from both sides... then why does Roy feel jealous about Barry the chopper?
Why he noticed, something is wrong with her after her and Pride's encounter, even if she diddn't even said anything?
There are tons of why. If people read the manga carefully, they'll notice that Riza cares for Roy alot. AND that Roy cares about Riza alot, too. More than comrades, colleagues, friends and war buddies do =D.

Guys, have you noticed, that thread falls asleep? I mean, one week ago we filled three pages in one day. Now we are filling this page for three days...

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 27 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #14718

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 27 2009, 03:41 PM) *
I don't get people who are believing that Roy doesn't feel anything for Riza, but Riza does.
Why do people believe, she is hopelessly in love with Roy? She behaves like a good subordinate has to behave!
Well, but if there are no feelings from both sides... then why does Roy feel jealous about Barry the chopper?
Why he noticed, something is wrong with her after her and Pride's encounter, even if she diddn't even said anything?
There are tons of why. If people read the manga carefully, they'll notice that Riza cares for Roy alot. AND that Roy cares about Riza alot, too. More than comrades, colleagues, friends and war buddies do =D.

Guys, have you noticed, that thread falls asleep? I mean, one week ago we filled three pages in one day. Now we are filling this page for three days...

So true, so true and how they look at each other sometimes (maybe it's just me but for example - chapter 47 - in volume 12, page 72) or when Riza is scolding Roy/Roy is scolding Riza when one of them did something dangerous, yes, maybe I'm fanatic but still~!

Huh, dunno, I won't be that often around since it's May, i'll be busy, I'm ending school this year so I have to work harder next month (I mean in May) to get some good grades at the end xD Still when we have good topic there are many pages filled, remember, within two weeks new chapter will come out, it's possible there will be royai so don't worry, there will be talking, a lot of x]

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 27 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #14719

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Apr 26 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Papa Hawkeye: Funny, I always believed papa Hawkeye just died of tuberculosis...

Hmm, that too.
Also, I read a book a while ago, The Alchemist`s Daughter (the Katharine McMahon one, there`s like a million novels with the same name.), where the heroine`s father died in a similar fashion (if I`m remembering correctly) and they chalked it up to the many years of inhaling/tasting/smelling caustic chemicals that he worked with. And grief. So there`s that possibility too.
Also...
QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth)
Actually, I find Papa Hawkeye tio be pretty cool character. (eh spit blood and doesn't afraid of anything...)

...best use of that meme ever.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 27 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #14720

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 27 2009, 06:41 AM) *

Well, on my end, I go to sleep when most of you guys are awake and vice versa...

And in regards to what exactly Papa Hawkeye died from, I'll probably go with either TB or years of inhaling all those caustic chemicals while performing research.

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Apr 27 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #14721

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Apr 27 2009, 05:29 AM) *
QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:46 PM) *
I have to wonder if, since Riza was the only other person around, (and probably a relatively obedient child) Mr. Hawkeye basically told her she had no choice but to bear the secrets. That tattoo can't've been started when she was too young, though--wouldn't it warp as she grew? Perhaps Riza's doctrines came mainly from her father, so she was easy to sway? She was tired of watching her father suffer? I don't know... But I'd really like to!

I have to agree with you about it not being at too young of an age, for the same reasons. I always got a feeling that he might of tricked her in some way.

"Come help daddy with some research"

Riza being eager to please, get some attention from her usually detached father, agrees.

Then, he tells her she promised to help him when she tries to back out. Guilts her into it.

Makes him sound just as bad as Tucker

Ironically enough...in an alternate FMA situation ( it was technically a recasted thing with Roy taking the place of Edward) project that I was working on with a friend around this time last year, Old Papa Hawkeye did more or less get the role of Tucker. ^^;

And also, welcome to the thread, SneakyRuler! ^^

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 27 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #14722

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I wish I could post more on this thread as I was doing last week, because I love all of our discussions. Only problem is that May is the end of the college semester, and I have final projects, final papers, and final exams coming up in the next two weeks. So sadly I won't be on as often as I would like. But when news of chapter 95 comes out, which will be the week of my finals, I will drop everything and live on this site. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 27 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #14723

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 27 2009, 10:41 AM) *
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Apr 27 2009, 04:45 AM) *
Hi there, royai fans! My name is SneakyRuler and I am a hopeless case of Roy and Riza obsessed person but most of the time I try to hide it really hard wink.gif
And now, here comes my dilemma: I just realized that Royai is not a canon thing in the manga! Though Hawkeye obviously is in love there's no proof that Mustang feels the same whatsoever! He just seems to be concerned about Rizas's safety... which only says he cares about his subordinate/teacher's daghter *runs to hide somewhere safe*

Yo SneakyRuler, nobody wants to throw stones at you, don't worry =D

I think we got tired of reading so much... lol Kidding. XD

I think there are as many proofs that Roy has 'special feelings' towards Riza as it is the other way around. Roy still blames himself about what he did to Riza probably just as much as he blames himself for Hughes' death. Maybe even more!
And there are also the obvious things like being jealous towards Barry the Chopper, he running to save Riza from Gluttony, and also, which I think was the strongest as of yet: he was more upset about being apart from Riza than any of his others subordinates. He even got depressed about it. It was Riza who 'cut the strings' to protect Roy when she went to work to the Fuhrer, a lot more than Roy. I guess if it was up to him, he would have called her non stop.

And she's probably the only woman you don't see him flirtatious with. He makes fun of her, sometimes, as in chapter 93, but he never plays her around the way he usually does with other woman. He respects her more than anybody else (which makes the yelling at her last chapter even the more serious and scary)

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 27 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #14724

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Apr 27 2009, 12:23 PM) *
I wish I could post more on this thread as I was doing last week, because I love all of our discussions. Only problem is that May is the end of the college semester, and I have final projects, final papers, and final exams coming up in the next two weeks. So sadly I won't be on as often as I would like. But when news of chapter 95 comes out, which will be the week of my finals, I will drop everything and live on this site. laugh.gif

If you are as big of a fan as I think you are, I have one word for you: multitask.

My favorite thing to do while writing my final papers was to have my media player (either quicktime or VLC) docked & always on top near the bottom left-hand corner of my screen. I'd write, watch, check my sources, watch, write & then repeat the process until the paper was done.

I think my A's were well-deserved. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 27 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #14725

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

QUOTE (AndroidLust @ Apr 27 2009, 11:41 AM) *
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Apr 26 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Papa Hawkeye: Funny, I always believed papa Hawkeye just died of tuberculosis...

Hmm, that too.
Also, I read a book a while ago, The Alchemist`s Daughter (the Katharine McMahon one, there`s like a million novels with the same name.), where the heroine`s father died in a similar fashion (if I`m remembering correctly) and they chalked it up to the many years of inhaling/tasting/smelling caustic chemicals that he worked with. And grief. So there`s that possibility too.
Also...
QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth)
Actually, I find Papa Hawkeye tio be pretty cool character. (eh spit blood and doesn't afraid of anything...)

...best use of that meme ever.

Maybe Arakawa based Papa Hawkeye's background (from what we know of it) off of that book?

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Apr 27 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #14726

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Thanks for the welcome greetings biggrin.gif and for bringing some evidence. My friend's just started to say ominous things like "Mustang's gonna end up with General Armstrong, mind my words" and I found it funny in the beginning but then I (I guess) panicked rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 27 2009, 02:56 PM) *
And there are also the obvious things like being jealous towards Barry the Chopper, he running to save Riza from Gluttony, and also, which I think was the strongest as of yet: he was more upset about being apart from Riza than any of his others subordinates. He even got depressed about it. It was Riza who 'cut the strings' to protect Roy when she went to work to the Fuhrer, a lot more than Roy. I guess if it was up to him, he would have called her non stop.

And she's probably the only woman you don't see him flirtatious with. He makes fun of her, sometimes, as in chapter 93, but he never plays her around the way he usually does with other woman. He respects her more than anybody else (which makes the yelling at her last chapter even the more serious and scary)

Totally agree with you on this ;D Now all they must do is to survive and live happily ever after...

(Though, on the other way, in the Gluttony incident, he would've probably rushed to save any member of his group.)

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 27 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #14727

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

Forgiven, the publication date for the book was 2006, which I think was after that chapter came out. Though, I gotta say, there were some striking similarities in that novel to Riza`s own back story. A young girl lives in an old, breaking down estate with her emotional distant father. Mother is long dead. The father is described as being completely involved in his scientific and alchemical research to actually be a father to the heroine. Then one day, a young, handsome bro comes waltzing in like "sup, teach me alchemy." (if I`m recalling this right, I think part of the reason he wanted to study it was because he was a merchant and wanted to prevent/control(?) the breakout of fires on his ship). He also had sneakier, ulterior motives. The heroine falls in love with him and leaves dad, who realizes how much of his relationship with his daughter was wasted and croaks. But then the whole 3/4 rest of the book is something completely different. Though it`s fun to see terms like homunculous and chimera being used outside of FMA. Also, bringing back the dead is a big theme.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 27 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #14728

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

@Kale Mustang: Oh trust me I am a huge fan of FMA. And I am multitasking I am typing a 15 page paper, finding resources, and exploring the threads on this website.

I agree with all of Royai evidence. Especially the one about Roy freaking out that Riza was taking to be under the Fuhrer's personal aid. I have mentioned this before probably fifty pages ago, but after the Lust fight, Wrath was all ready to kill all of them, but he saw the way Roy and Riza reacted and protected one another, that he decided to instead keep Riza as a hostage to keep Roy in line. I think Roy was upset that all of his subordinates were removed from under him and transferred, but his reaction when Wrath tells him that Riza is his personal aid (I don't know what chapter that is) was pure shock. I mean it wasn't like Wrath was like,

"Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Apr 27 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #14729

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Apr 27 2009, 06:02 PM) *
I mean it wasn't like Wrath was like,

"Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

I don't think I've laughed this hard in a while.

@Kale Mustang & FMAobsessed - Oddly, I'm most productive in fandom when I'm taking classes. Procrastinating/need a break/bored in class=fanfic/icons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 27 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #14730

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Me reacting to FMAobsessed's suggestion about if it was Breda instead of Riza: ohmy.gif then blink.gif then I just cracked up. Then I started hacking from all the gunk in my respiratory system from allergies. I'm okay, though. Still smilin'. biggrin.gif

Welcome, SneakyRuler! Yeah, Roy definitely cares for all of his subordinates, but I think it's a special case with Riza. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be here.) There are just certain subtle things, no huge displays of affection. A couple general reasons: 1) Shonen manga tends to be quite a bit less mushy than shojo, and 2) acting on feelings even just a little bit tells the enemy who's important to you. Sure, Maes knew dangerous info, but he was also close to Roy, and his death sent out a powerful message: "Don't stick your nose into this, because we know how to make you suffer, and it's not by killing you. At least, not at first."

Oh, and did anybody mention the "they took my queen" and "Elizabeth-chan was taken by another man" moments? BLATANT ROYAI! tongue.gif

And... *drumroll* the most recent chapter: I know this isn't the official translation, but the one on OneManga has Roy saying, "That's one of my dearest subordinates you're attacking." Yes, yes, this implies that there may be more than one, but I think we all know what's really meant by that. wink.gif

Roy & co. are a very close-knit unit, but there are just some things that say there's more to Roy and Riza's relationship than you'd see at first glance. The "Royai Manifesto" was posted quite a few pages back, but I'm sure you can find it either on here or searching Google or something.

On the slowness of the thread: I'm with Kale. I live on the West Coast, so I'm probably off a few time zones from most of you guys. I also have school and work during the day, and the school computers block this site, unfortunately. I do try to check at least once a day, though.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 980 981 982 983 984 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 11:52 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css