Mary-sue Test, Take it NOW.
StrawberryShampo...
post Sep 10 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,418

My character Alex got an eleven!

EDIT: I did some editing and got Alex down to a 2. YAY for me!

--------------------
Avatar is from http://www.northernlite.net/avatars.php?category=88
my forum family Pm me if you want in
I support the squirrel army!
If you get bored check out my fanfic "Strawberry's first fanfic"--Incomplete as of now.
REST IN PEACE AUSTIN!!! (1985-December 21,2005) In life you shined...and now, you shine for forever more!
My friend J: I wanna be one of Santa's elves with you that way when all the little kiddies come up to me and say "Hey, aren't elves suppose to be short" I can say in a deep truck-driver-type voice. "No little boy, I ate a lot of spinach growing up, now sit on Santa's Lap." That or I want to start a male dancing service called "J's special Dances." J (is a guy) and I are gonna run for Miss (insert state here) together, to see who is the better woman. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hidden Light
post Nov 27 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,839

My Sylvia (from a story I haven't actually written yet) got a 17, I think almost entirely due to the fact that she was specifically created to be Al's girlfriend. Her only redeeming quality was that she doesn't actually DO anything else in the story (which will be primarily EdxWin).

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 27 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Nifty test. I'll need to run several of my original fiction characters through the strainer, though hopefully they'll come out as balanced as I originally perscribed them. There's one guy who's special ability could throw off his score slightly, but I'm not going to worry about that till I see it.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Nov 27 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #19

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I don't think I took it right.

I ran one of my characters from a long abandoned fanfic through it and got a 75. There was a lot on there that didn't apply to her so I actually checked very few boxes which is why I'm so suprised she got a 75.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 27 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #20

Oddly expected. I ran one of my central villains through, endgame score of 50. Uncharacteristically high, but given that any kind of prowess seems to be points in the Mary-Sue columb...see, the problem is that the character in question has regenerative properties, and considering no one else in the story has anything close to that, it does quite literally place him head and shoulders above everyone else.

Also gave one of the "Good guys" a spin, and wound up with 30. Accurate, I suppose, but unfair.

I suppose this test is worth it's salt, but since any sort of tragedy or skill seems only to "Improve" your score, I'm calling a foul on this one.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 27 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Goodness me, one of my OC's only got a 10, I'm chuffed with that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 27 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #22

Ran another villain through. Score was 24-26. Again, accurate, but rather a rather unfair platform to denounce him from.

To balance it out, I tried another of the heroes (well, technically heroine), and chalked up 21. "For an RPG or original fiction character, however, you should still be within a safe level."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karlykitten
post Nov 27 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

From: In the corner of my room, dreaming of unicorns and flowers and world destruction...
Member No.: 42,411

Wow. My OC only got a 2. That's surprising. But the character is based on one of my friends. And I guess the fact that I'm planning on having her die at the end brought down the score.

--------------------

^sig made by Nil-chan, thanks!
WHEEEEEE!!! I'm an Apprentice now!
I'm a member of the EdXArmony Clubhouse! YAYZ.
Meh Website Meh Art Meh AMVs Meh Sig Shop Meh DeviantART
Fan Fics:
MindLock Untitled so far

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Nov 27 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #24

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

My character got a 2. Only because I see him as an attractive person and he has all the money he needs because he actually has a job and doesn't want many things. mellow.gif

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Nov 27 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

O_O 51 points...

I thought it wouldn't be that much!

Heck, he isn't Mary Sue type at all... Just guy, who is kind of afraid of women, can't really fight in any kind of situation (unless it is verbal...), don't have freaky powers, weapons or pets! He has normal family even! What makes him Mary Sue?!

Edit: w00t! My original character nro. 2 got only 41 points! But he isn't Mary Sueish either... *pouts* Me is not happy...

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Nov 28 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

*grins* Wow, I feel proud. I managed to create an original character who ends up MARRIED to a canon character, and yet who has a total Sue score of only 23.

(24, if you count the fact that she speaks two languages fluently, but for heaven's sake she's a German woman from the 1920's, she'd be more abnormal if she spoke only German. Incidentally, she amassed six points total just for the fact that she married him--the test is strict. XD)

Oh, and incidentally, I took the test for Edward Elric as an Original Fiction character....and his score was 48. Maverick tactics, disregard for authority, essentially orphaned, joined the military at abnormally young age, unusually good fighter and user of special powers among the best in his world, on the villains' Most Wanted list......whoops, Arakawa. happy.gif Don't worry, we still love him.

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Nov 28 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

Same thing with my Anna, Hidden Light... That and there were very few questions that would deduct points... If there were more of those I'm sure Anna would've been under 21... (She has a lot of faults.)

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 28 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #28

Ha!

Decided to look into the common-held belief that Alucard (of Hellsing fame) is a cannon-sue. The verdict?

110 points.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Nov 28 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,364

I got 16 for my as-yet-unwritten OC character Pernelle Tachibana. So I think she is safe because her main interest lies in killing homunculi. Which she will do in a spectacularly bloody fashion. Once I get around to writing the story...

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Nov 28 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

(To Nepharski) 0.0 Well ain't that a big number...

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:21 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css