HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where Do You Stand With Marijuana?, For, against? Why?
Marijuana, weed, pot, reefer, medecin?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 28 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,045

Hello all my fellow forum members. In here I wanna hear your personal opinions about marijuana, and all the things that go with it. I want to hear its benefits, arguments, and its harmfullness.

Personally, I think that there is nothing wrong with marijuana, seeing as we as a society allow worse things to go by unoticed. Alchohol kills more then marijuana ever does, and it's perfectly legal. Cigarettes of every ilk are easy to get off the shelf. too bad they're bound to kill ya, just for some company to rake in the profit. And wouldn't it be better to spread awareness and make it safer for people, then to remain ignorant and contrary about the whole issue.

Let me hear what you think. If any of you think at all.

--------------------
"Pale white and black with false citrine, imperfect white and red.
The peacock's feathers in bright colors, the rainbow in the sky above.
The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead.
These shall appear before you in perfect white, and many more others.
After the perfect white follows the grey and false citrine also.
And after these shall appear the substance invarible."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Oct 28 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

Weed is boring. I'm sure I'm one of the few here who's actually done it, and it's really not a whole lot of fun on its own. There are movies and stuff that it might enhance, but I feel better doing things sober.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 28 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

QUOTE(Void @ Oct 29 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]467475[/snapback]

Weed is boring. I'm sure I'm one of the few here who's actually done it, and it's really not a whole lot of fun on its own. There are movies and stuff that it might enhance, but I feel better doing things sober.

True, there is deffinitely a time for everything. But on it's own it is just so relaxing and deep. And for some people it's theraputic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Oct 28 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

There are other things that are therapeutic that won't make you cough like crazy.

I'm not saying, 'don't do it', I'm saying don't go in with high expectations, because you'll be disappointed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 29 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

It may come as a shock to some of you, but I have little actual inturpretation for this. Yes, Neph is open minded and not beating around the bush. Marijuana can be as harmful as any other non-countertop drug, but I've heard (not confirmed) it's been used for medical purposes to good effect. But there is more to consider.

Alcohol has killed many, yes, but in small doses can be good for you (I've heard of people having a glass of wine a day for their health). The best arguement I've heard for marijuna seemed to revolve endlessly around "taking away the pain." Eyebrow raise. Certainly there can be other methods.

Cigars, cigarettes, pipes, and so on and so forth have no benefit whatsoever and seem to be aquired tastes, usually brought on by people who have themselves had to aquire it from other people.

In the end, though, I have to ask: how many people really want to legalize it just for medical purposes, and how many people would really want to use it that way. I'd wager a fair share of people would leap at the chance to get doped up, though I doubt they'd know what they're doing (A la' Void).

Of course, if any of you have further arguements for or agianst marijuna, I'd love to hear them.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Oct 29 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #6

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I just don't like smoking so I've tried weed. I probably would once, just to see what it was like (I don't apply this method to everything I haven't tried).

I'll sit back and watch my friends smoke away without complaining. It's up to them.

I don't think it should be legalised as such. Make it medicinal but don't just make it fully available. It should probably be like tobacco but probably a bit more cheaper (it messes with your head but I have been told there's less nasty crap that's found in normal smokes.)

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 29 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Been there done that.

Well not to a great extent, I don't smoke so I only got it 'second hand' that way...and that wasn't desired. The other way I chose to try some was in a cake, oddly that one of the lads mothers made. I guess I ended up giggling a lot but nothing that sugar and alcohol won't do. Its not something I'd go back to nowadays anyway...though it made a school day pass with great ease.

I think its 'demonized' so much as its the most common drug to take (bar cigarettes and alcohol). Although taking too much all the time can lead to long term illness, I don't see the problem with a little here and there. Just like alcohol its addiction that the issue, not everyone gets addicted.

However, don't go out and take it kiddies....more then anything its not really worth the risk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lysander
post Oct 29 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #8

Apprentice

Member No.: 38,824

I guess a little here and there is fine and if it's being used for medicinal purposes by all means, but what I'm against is that long term users have a tendency to get violent when they want it and someone could be seriously injured. unsure.gif

As for trying to make it legal, why bother? People will still do it legal or illegal. But it would be nice if they controlled the flow of it.

--------------------

Siggy and Avvy made by the amazing Nil-chan!

My Forum Family! Triple_Soul_Alchemist is my master

Click here. Join the fun.

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 29 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Void
There are other things that are therapeutic that won't make you cough like crazy.

I'm not saying, 'don't do it', I'm saying don't go in with high expectations, because you'll be disappointed.

Well idunno about other therapeutics, like glaucoma seems to be a good instance. It does alot for sufferers, things that Dr prescribed drugs can't. And as for coughin that's just for the seasoned abusers; a little every two weeks won't make you cough although it is for sure damaging them.
And as a matter of fact, I disagree with the last point. Don't 'go in' with any expectations. For a trial, one should be prepared for anything and the first encounter (should you even chose to for whatever reason) should be like a test drive just to see what you think of it, not what you've heard from others. It's like alchohol in the way that it affects everyone a little differently.

Nepharski Those are good points, yes it's said a glass of red wine a day can help your health (I think it's heart). But that falls into basic toxicology right? Dose is all that draws the line between death and beneficial. Too much water can possibly kill you, too much air can even kill you. A small amount of influenza virus in your system (flu shot) can possibly keep you imune for the whole winter season. The theme here is, everything in moderation. Yes marijuana can be bad but it can also be good. It only takes away pain yes, but pain that some modern medecines can't reach. It can pacify an epileptic, it can relax a paraplegic. And if it were decriminalized then the honest people whose lives could be made so much more functional can obtain their cure without being afraid day and night of being caught.

Popo Yes, decriminalized is different from legalized. There would be boundaries on it. It deffinitely does mess with your head, and usually one must be levelheaded in order to not be consumed by it. Sort of like alchoholism and addictiveness. But usually the burnouts who end up losing their lives to drugs, were prone to do so in the first place you know? There is responsable usage. But I find it funny. Comparing cigarettes to marijuana. The nicotine alone in cigarettes is ten times more addictive then THC. And cigarettes are further manufactured to be addictive. And take a moment and think about it. What good has a cigarette EVER done for anyone? Any amount of good. None in my opinion. Except for a small hit of a dizzy spell. Which goes away shortly after the habit continues. Marijuana (MJ) does so much more, and is more natural then the tar and "flavour" you'll find in cigarettes.
(boy this one's long)
and Idunno about people being violent . . . that sort of behaviour is usually inherent in their own character, not effects of the drug, but still fueled by their addiciton and mental wall telling them they can't live without it.
And if you're looking for an energetic experience then by all means go for sugar, and if you desire to lose all control and inhibitions, make a complete ass of yourself, possibly throw up your guts, and kill your brain cells sperm and kidneys then chose alchohol, and see how much you need til you can't stand let alone speak or function in any useful way. But MJ (although it does also kill brain cells, sperm, and your lungs) keeps you in control. After about three hours it's all done. Poof right back to where you were. And it's such a creative release, and just makes you feel good. I still do not advocate it's usage though, because if not clinically needed, most users are abusers which is sad. I once read an article about a pair of parents who habitually smoked MJ, and held down they're high end jobs and had a well functioning family of two kids(Mcleans magazine in Canada), and they had actually explained to the kids about the drug. just like having a sex talk. It clarified lots for the two kids, preteen and postteen, and they could responsibly partake in MJ. Whereas now, most of the kids do it (usually alonside cigarettes) more out of rebellious youthfullness, or peer pressure. And this is becoming a problem, seeing as the majority of first timers are now on Average in grade 6 sad.gif What possible moral decisions can a grade 6 make towards something like this without the aid of their parents. Awareness is very important, yet is being neglected mostly because the "If we ignore it it'll go away" approach is easier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 29 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #10

Valid points, Semiotic Alchemist. I would think if they legalized it, however, it would strictly be on a medical counter-top basis, so "Fear of being caught" would be a rather odd thing for you to say.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 29 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Well yes, but that wouldn't be legalizing it, decriminalizing it would would make it medical over the counter. I meant more, the people who use medicinally right (in Canada and the US at least) could be prosecuted for the possession of it, of any amount as it stands. And it has happened in the past where Canadians have gone to jail for 15 years or more for possesion and cultivating, so yes in a way they are scared of being caught now because it is still illegal. If the gov. said that your DR could issue you a legal perscrition to it, then they could rest a little easier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 29 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #12

Ah, I see, I see.

Then I suppose Marijuana could be legalized under a medical backing and discrimination process. Preferably temporary, though. Eventually we should be able to find a way to work around the "some modern medecines can't reach" problem at hand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenix dying
post Oct 30 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #13

Brigadier General

Member No.: 4,695

QUOTE(Void @ Oct 29 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]467475[/snapback]

True, its really pointless to do it alone. Its really a social activity (if your going to do it all) It all really depends on the person doing it, and what your doing while your on it.

QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 29 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]467586[/snapback]
I just don't like smoking so
I don't think it should be legalised as such. Make it medicinal but don't just make it fully available. It should probably be like tobacco but probably a bit more cheaper (it messes with your head but I have been told there's less nasty crap that's found in normal smokes.)

Of course there is less nasty crap in weed than 'normal smokes' have you looked/seen the shit that they put in cancer sticks? Nasty shit...

--------------------

Drinking women, chasing whiskey

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Oct 30 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #14

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I'm not going to vote in the poll because there is not option supporting medical use or the wasting of tax dollars. Plus your options are biased.
QUOTE(Bacon)

You don't have to smoke to it use it. It can be used in a vaporizor, in edibles such as candy, baked goods and cooked into other foods. You can also buy tintures and pills so the smoking thing is out the window.

QUOTE(Lysander)
I guess a little here and there is fine and if it's being used for medicinal purposes by all means, but what I'm against is that long term users have a tendency to get violent when they want it and someone could be seriously injured

First of all, people on marijuana do not get violent unless it's like Popo said, the people were already pre-disposed to violence. You are thinking of drugs like meth and heroin.

I think it should be legalized period. #1 for medical use since studies have shown how much good it can do for people. There was a study a few years back done on people who were HIV positive and on all these awful drugs to keep it in check. These patients suffered from nausea and vomiting and couldn't keep weight on but when they took MJ it counteracted the nausia and they were able to have an appetite and gained weight.

I have a perscription for my migranes and insomnia and it has helped me considerably in those areas. Now before you all say "go buy some sleeping pills" let me tell you they suck. I tried them once and was groggy the next day for the rest of the day, I felt like I was in a deep fog dragging a rock behind me. When I use MJ I sleep then wake up and only feel like I've had a good nights rest. As for the migranes, if anybody here has every had a migrane then they know how quickly you want it to go away. Smoking pot has an instantaneous effect where a pill can take several hours to take effect, meanwhile you're curled up in a fetal position wishing for death while the asprin takes it's sweet time to work it's way through the bloodstream. Also, just having the THC in your system will help cut down on having migranes at all which has been my experience. Marijuana has been used for medical purposes for hundred of years while over the counter drugs have been maybe used for the last 20-50 and are made up of man made chemicals.

As for recreation. So what if people want to smoke some pot, eat a bag of cheetos and watch a movie. Who are they harming? Marijuana is non-toxic so you can't overdose so aside from smoking they aren't even harming themselves. I know pleanty of people who smoke and still work their 40 hours a week, pay their bills and are productive members of society. If you think making it legal will just encourage people to do it think again. Some here in this thread have already said they tried it and was not impressed why would that attitude change? People will not start abusing it anymore more than they already abuse drugs such as vicodin, valium, oxyconton and over the counter drugs such as cough syrup. People even become addicted to asprin.

Obviously keeping it illegal will do nothing but make the pockets of drug dealers fat while wasting our tax dollars while police have to raid pot farms and busting pot heads. The police are sick of it too, many cops here in CA will mearly confiscate someones pot and let them go if they even do that. It should be legalized and taxed so we can start making money off it instead of wasting money trying to get rid of it.

It's been around of centuries, it's not going anywhere.

Article of interest

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Oct 30 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #15

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(Envy's lil...)
Plus your options are biased.

Are you calling this could be Biased?:
Hippie. Can't live without it.
rolleyes.gif Personaly, I don' see it tongue.gif

QUOTE(Envy's lil...)
First of all, people on marijuana do not get violent unless it's like Popo said, the people were already pre-disposed to violence.

I agree with that but all I said was that it can mess with your head, even then it's uncommon.
Violent people will always be violent. Weed would probably calm them down for the most part.

I see no real reason not to legalize it other than it may increase the amount of people smoking it. Weed can still cause health problems, just not as much as cigs or other drugs.
If it was fully legalized it should be just above or below the same level as cigs.
As I'm uniformed on of the full effects of weed I'll go on hearsay an say it should be available to people 16 and over. It should probably have health warnings though...

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css