HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 975 976 977 978 979 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Causmicfire
post Apr 23 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #14641

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 23 2009, 04:10 PM) *
I've mentioned this before, but I can't remember if it was here or not...(or on this site at all for that matter...) Relating back to the hostage thing and Mustang's group being split up: I still don't really get what purpose it served but to buy FatherDude some time, b/c the moment they wanted to get back together they did with no trouble from any of the homonculi. Such a big deal was made about Mustang's group being split up, and then when they wanted to, they just got back together again. I suppose it could be argued that FatherDude was busy and forgot about them, but wasn't Pride watching Riza? Why would they let them all get back together if it was just going to hurt them (such as Breda and Fuery running that Broadcast)

...Unless, like, FatherDude wants this and it's all part of the master plan. Maybe he WANTS Riza with Roy now for reasons I'd rather not think about?? Hmm...

This did perplex me, I thought that Wrath had taken her with him...especially when he first appeared in the East here, that one of the subordinates that he brought with him, that wasn't show in the 3rd panel was Riza. When we saw her with Breda and Fuery later, I was shocked.

Seriously, you have a hostage, why not kill two birds with one stone...Roy and Grumman. This is probably the only part of the whole series where I go blink.gif

Though, I'm not sure if anyone knows Riza and Grumman are related, if it's unknown most that Hohenheim had children because they didn't register in the family registry, than it follows that only a handful of people knew about Riza's mother and father having a child together.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat, wondering if he wants Riza with Roy, because they do know Roy's weakness is that he cares very deeply for his subordinates, and them relocating Riza to an area where all eyes are watching her is proof enough for me that they know/suspect there is more to the relationship between Roy and Riza than one of superior officer & subordinate.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Apr 23 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #14642

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

I'm glad someone else noticed that she was aiming with her opposite hand at the end of ch94. It kind of made me go "HMM??" for a bit. It was probably just because of the shoulder injury. (Maria Ross is a leftie-- Riza is a righty.)

Also the squint bugged me. Anyone who has a familiarity with shooting guns realises that you should ALWAYS keep both eyes open. I thought it more of a poor form thing than even considering it an extension of the injury when I first read the chapter.

Also, has anyone else noticed that she is using a different weapon (a revolver...) The only other times in the mange where she has used a revolver were in the Barry the Chopper scene and the Lust fight. It is just strange that it is different from her typical sidearm (an FN1910-- about 6-7 rounds per magazine.) Anyone else here well-versed in firearms who can figure out what TYPE of revolver she may be using (and how many chambers it may have?) Only revolver I am familiar with is a Colt, and it doesn't look like that...

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 23 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #14643

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

RoyxRizaFan--Awww... I try, I really do! Just posted a new chapter for SC a few minutes ago!

FMAobsessed--Good fanfics, you say? Hmmm... I know Causmicfire's fics are wonderful. (I aspire to write like that someday. In the meantime, angsty-fluffishness will have to do!) There are a TON of good Royai writers on fanfiction.net: Bizzy, Yellow Mask, Dailenna, momiji-k, i'llwait... there are also a number of writers who did Royai once or twice, and their stories blew me away, too. (Check previous pages in this thread--we've had other writers come and go, and they had good stuff... There really is no shortage on this thread if you look hard enough.)

I'm always missing the conversations I want to take part in!

Riza's shoulder: Looks painful. Probably is. I'm betting it's not horribly severe, though. It's not absolutely gushing torrents of blood, at any rate. Getting banged around by Envy was likely the worse of the two attacks. (I nearly murdered my computer for showing me such horrible things!) I mean, imagine having a clip jammed into the back of your head hard enough to break it. (If, like me, you've had something similar, you know it's not at all fun.) Oh, and, for kicks, someone's strangling you at the same time, so it's basically several quick-succession choke slams. Probably not doing the shoulder any favors, but I'd worry more about a concussion or something.

She's still on her feet, but she's a woman on a mission, so I'm betting there's some amount of adrenaline pumping that, if she didn't have, she'd be looking quite a bit worse for the wear. (Roy'll probably be kicking himself when he's got his wits about him again and Riza doesn't have to worry so much.)

I know, I know, much of what I'm saying has been said. I'm just agreeing with you all.

Keep the fanart comin'!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 23 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #14644

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

More fanarts ;P

Link: Royai 1

Link: Royai 2

Link: Royai 3

Link: Royai 4

Link: Royai 5

Royai 6

Link: Royai 7

For who can't see the full images here: Gallerie

And the "Riza Hawkeye" on some of them are there because I catch this fanarts from a fake profile on the orkut, I don't remember the profile anymore because this was much time ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KidAkabane
post Apr 23 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #14645

Citizen

Member No.: 68,045

Ah, that first one is great XD And the third one's just beautiful. @.@ Thanks for sharing those! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Apr 23 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #14646

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 23 2009, 10:15 PM) *

Link: Royai 1.

That first pic looks like official art. WOW.

(Also EVA sig is WIN, KidAkabane! Good to see some love for other great anime around these parts...)

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 23 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #14647

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I am glad that people posted their opinions on my question. It makes me feel that I am adding something to this thread. About those pictures that show Riza pointing her gun at Roy's head, whose perspective are we looking at? Because if I look at the picture directly from my computer screen it looks like her left hand. But from Riza's perspective it still looks like she is holding her right hand. I am sorry that this doesn't make any sense. Here is a picture.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/94/37/ From that view, isn't that the left shoulder?

Also thank you to Jacksparrow for recommending those Royai fanfic authors, I will go check them out.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Apr 23 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #14648

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

@J.S. blush.gif

Also, yeah, hairclip being jammed into the back of the head isn't fun.

I meant to comment on the rest of the conversation about her injuries, but I don't think I have anything to add that hasn't been said. Adrenaline is quite the pain-reliever. Which is the reason anyone in any kind of accident should get checked out by a doctor, because you won't know if something is wrong until after the fact.

I bring fanfic! XD

A Time for Vengeance - an AU piece that centers on the events of chapter 94, and a possible conclusion. Being an AU, it isn't quite the same. Our favorite military gang is a newspaper staff focusing on showing the public the truth behind the government's corruption. I should probably warn that this isn't fluffy, so as not to get hopes up, but it isn't horribly depressing either.

Never Forget - Chapter 60 spoilers, "Never forget them, because they won't forget you." Kimblee may not have meant for those words to be an order, but it stuck with her, just like those faces she'd seen through the scope of her rifle before pulling the trigger.

Smoke & Mirrors - chapter 89 spoilers. Mostly Havoc-centric, but Roy is in it! If someone looked hard enough, and found their way through the smoke, they would have found the fire.

all these links go to livejournal...I need to put these on my fanfiction.net account

Ohkay, just had the third earthquake of the day...I don't know if I'll sleep very well tonight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 23 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #14649

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Liz--I think (not 100% sure, though) that is official art. If someone stuck that out there as theirs and it is in fact official art, well... BAD! I do believe, however, that that one shot comes from a set of post-series official art. I've seen it in the galleries here, I think. (I just want to make it clear that I'm not ragging on Makika for sharing that one, though--it happens to be rather amusing!)

FMAobsessed--It's definitely her left shoulder that got hit. I don't know if this is what you are asking, but from the fourth frame, it's from the back, so it's clear to the reader that her left shoulder is hit. In the next frame, however, she's turned so that we're seeing her from the front. Her left is now our right, and vice-versa. (I know you know all this. I'm just reasoning it out in words to be sure I have it correct.) If you're talking about when she's holding the gun to Roy's head at the end of the chapter, it's most definitely in her right hand. Her left arm's just kinda hangin' there. Ouch.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 23 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #14650

@jacksparrow589 yeah that was what I was asking. I just thought that someone earlier said it was her right shoulder, and that confused me. In fact I am very confused because I am tired.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 23 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #14651

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Omg! You posted really really much without me! I'm sure you did it all on purpose =D.
Riza's injury is painful, but not dangerous. If her collar bone is broken, well, that would be hell, but it isn't. Maybe it's just streaked, well, seems to be like it. But still, she can shoot.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about Roy. Poor Riza. He doesn't care. Grr...

Wow! So much fanfictions! Need to read them. Since I'm in school, I'll do this later.
Same for fanarts.
"Only" 16 days left!

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 23 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #14652

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 24 2009, 07:39 AM) *
Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about Roy. Poor Riza. He doesn't care. Grr...

"Only" 16 days left!

He doesn't care because he's not in his senses. Should he have been reasoning things out, as he always does, he would have rushed to her for sure.

16 days... ARRGGHHHH.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 24 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #14653

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Still I'm a little pissed. That woman does everything for him and he sweared at her =D

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 24 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #14654

@black~hayate that is why Roy needs to apologize to Riza. Then they can kiss (in my dreams)

+Quote Post
KidAkabane
post Apr 24 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #14655

Citizen

Member No.: 68,045

Yeah Roy is in for one heck of an earful pretty soon here. laugh.gif Once he snaps out of it, anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 975 976 977 978 979 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css