Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Truth Of The Philosipher's Stone, Will one being get Ed and Al's body back
Hex-Sama
post Jan 22 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,084

Wow ohmy.gif , what's going on in here huh.gif ? How about we all take a few deep breaths and relax unsure.gif . No one's perfect, we all know that. And there is always room for improvment. If you try to achieve anything in life, your going to be critiziced, it's inevitable. Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't take criticizum to hard, okay Shadow the lost brother?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadow the lost ...
post Jan 23 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 4,772

hahahahahahaha. Let me start with Hag. buddy quite honestly I don't care about your commanding position. See quite frankly I was using the term as a Pronoun. Scond like I said to me this is nothing more then a draft of urture Ideas. All the writing here is based on the fact of the Fullmetal alchemist. See my OC is my creation. Overpacking him a lot i'll take responsibility for. But get something straight boy. This story is a story. No man, Woman, or anything else can ever hold a story to a certain confines of agreession and/or degree. And don't you ever call me Child. I've seen and been through things that have pushed me to the edge of my limit. And i've surpassed them. And don't mistake that for I've been through things you haven't because i've learned never to say that in life because it's never true. And as for being a citizen in here. Get it straight in here i'm a citizen. And in here in this website. This isn't life. So don't you ever use my status in here to my status in life. You have no control over that. Remember that. Because one day you'll majke that mistake and it will be your last. And buddy I don't need links in order to see what I need to be. I am who Iam no one will change that but me. I know my writing. And no one can change that but me. I don't take help I issue it to those who need it. And don't make any funny comments about that. Although I expect it anyway. That's all I got to say to you right know but if I missed anything i'm sure you'll tell me. wink.gif .

Know as for you Quistis. I post here for many reason. I post here because of the fact I thought for once that maybe people will see the actual story and not the spelling of it. See If this was a actual book then of course I would bother to check spelling. And Hag. wasn't trying to help. He was trying to perfect something he shouldn't even stick his nose in. Do you see me going through his trash. His mistakes although I doubt he has any and his achievements. If I wanted an opinion on my spelling on how to perfect I would get it. And don't be fooled by the fact he talks about it. Look carefully and he talks of the details of it. And maybe his second, third, and etc. post get into it but his first even explains it. He put too much on fashion. And i'm getting tierd of hearing everything about the fact of being hypocritical. to me it's easier on the eyes and to everyone else I knew it was. And second of all. Yeah in movie scripts they do have a discription of the scene. but I don't have any plans of making this into a viewable movie so throw that out. And your little imagination thing. Well vagueness is suppose to come with imagination. If the reader can't make his own environment s/he shouldn't be writing or reading. And like I said if you want any of my writing then like I said. Come down here because I have no intention of writing it here f giving you a sample on anything. My writing is my writing. It's personal to me in the fact it came from my heart. You don't just give away that because someone wants to see it. When the right time comes everyone will know it. But I will give you two names. And may I remind you this has nothing to do with FMA or any other Anime.
The first. Empty Vessel: Legend of the soulless man. The second. The Shadow Fugitive. yeah this is where I got Shadow. That and among other things. And I can take critism I cn't take being told what to do and change. There's a difference just gotta look close enough and find the line. Plus i didn't know that there's competition in here or there. I don't write for money or fame. I write to express myself and to make people think. I don't care if I would make 1 dollar or 100,000,000 dollars. Whether I became as famous as Einstein or as unnoticed as Zoidberg on Futurama.

Oh and Hit i'm not just beginning and if you don't really write don't tell me shit. At least the other two had the courtesy to go and have work here to say that they've been around. Your sorry ass even says you got no clue of what the hell your doing ok so shut the hell up wouldn't you.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Jan 23 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

it doesn't take a writer to know what's bad and devoid of talent... as writer you are writing primarily for people who aren't. so it is up to them what is good and what is bad.

learn to take some critism with a grain of salt. if you want i'll have some of my friends who are professional paid writers that have doctorates in literature review your stuff. but you know what? you don't need that kind of abuse...

also for an alleged writer your response is quite infantile as well as lacking in coherence and respect for spelling/the english language in general. oh one more thing, the use of "and" to start every other sentance is not generally a sign of the ability to structure thought into well written form.

finally, if you want to play the dozens with me... you will lose.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jan 23 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #19

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

good Lord, you're defensive. and really, you don't have much literary prowess to back up your over-inflated ego.

as for your bit on how you can take criticism but you can't take people forcing you to change, sure. i understand that. but who's forcing you to change? tokage, quistis, and hitokiri were giving you straight, un-sugarcoated criticism that your writing really needs. i don't see them crossing that line you're talking about. it's good that you know your writing is your writing and it's from your heart, but you say you don't want to change? sure. your grammar and spelling will remain poor, your writing won't improve, and when you send stuff like this off to companies you want to write for, they'll turn you down faster than you can believe.

if you don't want opinions on your stuff, don't post it here. keep it on your own computer screen, where it'll remain personal, and you won't get any comments on it, good or critical. or if you think it's just us here that are too critical, go post it on fanfiction.net and see what they think. you'll get your typical OMG GRATE UPDATE NEX CHAPPIE PLZ, and you'll get flames. and if you try and defend your work in front of them, when there really isn't much to defend, the serious writers there will stomp your pride into the literary reject wastebasket.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 23 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

QUOTE(Shadow the lost brother @ Jan 23 2005, 02:20 AM)
hahahahahahaha. Let me start with Hag. buddy quite honestly I don't care about your commanding position. See quite frankly I was using the term as a Pronoun. Scond like I said to me this is nothing more then a draft of urture Ideas. All the writing here is based on the fact of the Fullmetal alchemist. See my OC is my creation. Overpacking him a lot i'll take responsibility for. But get something straight boy. This story is a story. No man, Woman, or anything else can ever hold a story to a certain confines of agreession and/or degree. And don't you ever call me Child. I've seen and been through things that have pushed me to the edge of my limit. And i've surpassed them. And don't mistake that for I've been through things you haven't because i've learned never to say that in life because it's never true. And as for being a citizen in here. Get it straight in here i'm a citizen. And in here in this website. This isn't life. So don't you ever use my status in here to my status in life. You have no control over that. Remember that. Because one day you'll majke that mistake and it will be your last. And buddy I don't need links in order to see what I need to be. I am who Iam no one will change that but me. I know my writing. And no one can change that but me. I don't take help I issue it to those who need it. And don't make any funny comments about that. Although I expect it anyway. That's all I got to say to you right know but if I missed anything i'm sure you'll tell me. wink.gif

dry.gif are you really that stupid, or are you just good at acting like you are? the first thing i said was that the forum status had nothing to do with anything, and it wasn't intended to be taken seriously. it was a joke, kind of like your writing ability. all i was getting at was that i surpass you in forum experience, and apparently in reading and writing experience as well, and that you needed to learn how to accept a little constructive criticism from individuals with more knowledge on a subject than you have yourself. you're the idiot who interpreted it as being said seriously... huh.gif

and all that crap about being pushed to your limit sounds nice and poetic, but, like just about everything else you've said, you fail to back it up with anything, so i have to believe it's probably bullshit like everything else you've pumped out here.

and the day you start issuing actual help to anyone i'm getting the hell out of town, because god only know what will happen if they actually take it. we'll end up with a forum FULL of illiterate half-assed wannabees. rolleyes.gif

and i'm a girl, btw. just because i'm not afraid to speak my mind doesn't automatically make me male.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jan 23 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #21

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

You replied, Shadow. Excellent. And yes, hagane_no_tokage is female.

Anyway . . . on with the commentary.

QUOTE(Shadow the lost brother @ Jan 23 2005, 12:20 AM)
Know as for you Quistis. I post here for many reason. I post here because of the fact I thought for once that maybe people will see the actual story and not the spelling of it. See If this was a actual book then of course I would bother to check spelling.
[snapback]95192[/snapback]

For a writer to not care about spelling is like a pilot not caring about whether or not the plane is missing a wing. We do see the actual story, or what little of it, but in order to get the most out of it, it would be nice to know what's going on and not have to assume things every once in a while because of a spelling error.

And Hag. wasn't trying to help. He was trying to perfect something he shouldn't even stick his nose in. Do you see me going through his trash. His mistakes although I doubt he has any and his achievements. If I wanted an opinion on my spelling on how to perfect I would get it. And don't be fooled by the fact he talks about it. Look carefully and he talks of the details of it. And maybe his second, third, and etc. post get into it but his first even explains it. He put too much on fashion. And i'm getting tierd of hearing everything about the fact of being hypocritical.

She is trying to help, but it's just that someone refuses to listen and accept. And why shouldn't one talk about details when giving constructive criticism?

to me it's easier on the eyes and to everyone else I knew it was. And second of all. Yeah in movie scripts they do have a discription of the scene. but I don't have any plans of making this into a viewable movie so throw that out.

Viewable movie or not, when someone is reading, it's almost a given that they're at least picturing something in their heads. A mental movie of sorts.

And your little imagination thing. Well vagueness is suppose to come with imagination. If the reader can't make his own environment s/he shouldn't be writing or reading.

Vagueness is not supposed to come with imagination. Imagination is supposed to make things less vague. People expand their imaginations by reading, and if they don't even know what it is that they're reading, then of course they can't make their own environment all that nicely.

And like I said if you want any of my writing then like I said. Come down here because I have no intention of writing it here f giving you a sample on anything. My writing is my writing. It's personal to me in the fact it came from my heart. You don't just give away that because someone wants to see it. When the right time comes everyone will know it.

People write for different reasons, but the most popular objective is to write in hopes that someone will read it, and that particular opinions can be shared. If you're working on some novel or something, then eventually, people will see it. What does it matter what stage the writing is at?

But I will give you two names. And may I remind you this has nothing to do with FMA or any other Anime.
The first. Empty Vessel: Legend of the soulless man. The second. The Shadow Fugitive. yeah this is where I got Shadow. That and among other things.

I do not see how this is relevant to the discussion.

And I can take critism

Right. And I'm a man.

I cn't take being told what to do and change. There's a difference just gotta look close enough and find the line.

Too bad. Being told what to do and change . . . that is the essence of criticism.

Plus i didn't know that there's competition in here or there. I don't write for money or fame. I write to express myself and to make people think.

It's a little hard for people to think about what you're expressing when they can't even interpret it in the first place because of the ambiguity.

You can flame me more if you want. That'll keep me warm at night.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Jan 23 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,843

Ohhhhhhhhhh kay. First of all, no one calls her a Hag but me. An old hag for that matter. Second of all:

the first thing i said was that the forum status had nothing to do with anything, and it wasn't intended to be taken seriously. it was a joke, kind of like your writing ability. all i was getting at was that i surpass you in forum experience, and apparently in reading and writing experience as well, and that you needed to learn how to accept a little constructive criticism from individuals with more knowledge on a subject than you have yourself. you're the idiot who interpreted it as being said seriously...

..... Bwhwahahahahahahaha!!!
Wa..wait I'm not done:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! laugh.gif

Thanks kage, you made my day!

--------------------
user posted image

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 23 2005, 01:28 AM
Post #23

*bows* anytime goldfish my friend, anytime.

*absently ponders becoming the forums resident old ass hag a la hitokiri the old ass man...?*

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Jan 23 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

^Apparantly you're really really good at it. I enjoy it, ever-so-much, when you two get an oppertunity to show how knowledgable and wise you really are. I would have jumped in as well, but you stole everything already. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 23 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #25

my apologies then... next time someone gives us an opportunity to point out how moronic they really are, i'll make sure to leave some for you to pick on. biggrin.gif i just get so carried away sometimes... there are few things that irritate me more than poor english. i'm like aunt sophie (was it?) from the lemony snicket series...

also, i have changed my signature. i am not the official forum old lizard hag. *dances* ow my hip... XD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Jan 23 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

I know what you mean, and maybe it's my fault for getting here to slow tongue.gif

Why lizard?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jan 23 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #27

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

tokage = lizard in japanese laugh.gif notice the matching green lizardy text.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 23 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #28

tokage to yamori ga da~isuki da yo! XD i'm a reptile otaku. ^__^

LOL@lizardy text. you coin the best phrases, ninja.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Jan 23 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

sleep.gif *sheepish look*

This explains so much, as well! biggrin.gif

Have you had, or have reptilian pets too?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jan 23 2005, 02:17 AM
Post #30

i had turtles as a child, anoles when i lived with my parents. had some frogs and a little salamander once, too...found em in the backyard and always brought them in the house. mom totally freaked out the first few times...

i always wanted an iguana or a chinese water dragon, but mom would never let me have one. now that i am out on my own i have a cat, but i really dont' have room in my bitty condo for a big terrarium... and i wouldn't want to keep a large reptile in a small cage. *shakes fist at the sky* but one day--!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css