HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes In Epiosode 25, Spoiler!
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 31 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #211

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,213

To POTOPHREAK:
LOL I couldn't agree more! laugh.gif

To alchemist922: Sloth set's Hughes up, but she does not kill him. Envy takes the form of Maria Ross and pretends to be defending Hughes, but Hughes catches on and "kills" her, but since Envy is a humunculus, he resurects him self so to speak, takes the form of Hughes's wife Gracia, which catches Hughes off guard, and then shoots Hughes through the chest and ends his life. Which is why every one on this thread has been going on an anti-Envy crusade for the last several posts. LOL

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Defade
post Jun 1 2005, 05:16 AM
Post #212

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,832

QUOTE(alchemist922 @ May 30 2005, 06:40 AM)
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 25 2005, 06:22 PM)
[spoiler]He dies! Its so sad! Envy kills him in the form of his wife![/spoiler]
[snapback]160831[/snapback]

actually sloth kills him
[snapback]181846[/snapback]

??? Sloth didn't even touch him, but she kind of, although it's the whole 7 deadly sins that were guilty.
Yeah, I dunno why Envy would take form of a stupid dragon too. I do hope he dies in the movie! I think I'll scream in delight if I see that and the whole cinema will be looking at this crazed girl sitting on 15th row( yeah I think I've decided that I'll sit on the 15th row if I can get it)
Now now....only 35 lives left....let us do something special!
CHICKENS WITH THEIR HEADS OFF RUNNING AROUND ATTACK!
Poof!
A bunch of chickens without heads appears and chases Envy!

--------------------
FMA Lovers List:
Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, Riza Hawkeye, Lust, Maria Ross, Maes Hughes, Lan Fan, Martel.

FMA Haters List:
Envy, Alphonse Elric( only in Episode 45-48), Russel Tringham, Scar, Frank Arches, Dante, Wrath, Pride, Kimbly.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 1 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #213

State Alchemist (Major)

LOL omg Defade! That's original... Lmao ah ha ha ha "CHICKENS WITH THEIR HEADS OFF RUNNING AROUND ATTACK". laugh.gif
The image that brings to my mind is quite frightening and hilarious... ROTFL

To Martel and Ymsg: This is incredibly off topic, but I was watching Cowboy Bebop the movie over the weekend ( I watched a bunch of the Ep's for the 1st time too, and now I love the show. LOL It's so cool), And as Fay split her shirt, I was like, omg my father is going to walk in right now... Lmao tongue.gif

What do you all think was Hughes best/ most memorable quality? Do you think Hughes death was actually some what necessary for the story line, or completely unnecessary?

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Defade
post Jun 2 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #214

Apprentice

Well...I think it has a little bit to do with the storyline.....but it's Arakawa-sensei who decided it, so it may be a completly different use in the manga. Though I think the main use in the anime is about Roy...Hughes sacrifices his life in order to make Roy go all the way up without a worry, like Riza had said. And maybe it is a signal of which direction the story is going to get....more and more sad....
Hughes death in the anime is kind of...difficult to..well....explain...it's something that you can't read but you have to watch the series over and over and think deeply about it....but most of his death is about sacrifice, and to make Roy stronger( in the heart) in order to go up...I really can't explain....
Thanks for the support on the chickens running with their heads off attack, Bellatrix!
I' M REALLY GOING CRAZY. I mean it. Just look at the attachment, you'll freak out.
Off-topic:I just flipped back some pages of this topic and found out the anime-thing with your parents...well...my parents are the same.....they let me watch anime but they all say it's boring....
Attached File(s)
Attached File  chiken.bmp ( 576.05K ) Number of downloads: 22

--------------------
FMA Lovers List:
Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, Riza Hawkeye, Lust, Maria Ross, Maes Hughes, Lan Fan, Martel.

FMA Haters List:
Envy, Alphonse Elric( only in Episode 45-48), Russel Tringham, Scar, Frank Arches, Dante, Wrath, Pride, Kimbly.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 2 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #215

State Alchemist (Major)

ROTFL Lmao!!! Omg Defade! That's too funny to be described in words!!! Omg... wow... Lol. laugh.gif

Yeah, that was basicly my thought too ( about Hughes). I hate to say it because I really hate the fact that Hughes died, but I think his death was esential for the story line in both the anime and the manga. It still breaks my heart though. I found this little Avatar and I was mad as hell after watching it like a dozen times... this is like the saddest thing ever... and precisly why I dislike Envy.

Don't watch this unless you've seen Ep 51 b/c it's a major SPOILER!!!!!
Ed... and the Evil green haired palm tree

--------------------

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post Jun 2 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #216

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 2 2005, 01:06 PM)
ROTFL Lmao!!! Omg Defade! That's too funny to be described in words!!! Omg... wow... Lol. laugh.gif

Yeah, that was basicly my thought too ( about Hughes). I hate to say it because I really hate the fact that Hughes died, but I think his death was esential for the story line in both the anime and the manga. It still breaks my heart though. I found this little Avatar and I was mad as hell after watching it like a dozen times... this is like the saddest thing ever... and precisly why I dislike Envy.

[snapback]184192[/snapback]

Stepping into the conversation here...a little late sorry....
Yeah, I must admit, even if it pains me to say so, that Hughes's death was an essential part of the storyline. I got things moving. For one thing, it gave a lot of developpement to Roy's character (mostly in the manga, a little bit less in the anime)... And had a lot of meaning...It's kinda hard to explain, or maybe I'm just not good at explaining...oh, and I hate Envy as well. After 400 + years of living, he should just get over it already and stop killing people...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 2 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #217

State Alchemist (Major)

Well said Electrastar, that was the point I was trying to make as well. Hughes death, as sad as it was, allowed other characters personalitys to be further developed, and it did make the story considerably more dramatic, especially in the manga. yes, you would think that Envy would have gotten over his issues after brooding over them for 400 years. LOL but apearently Envy is so narrow minded that's all he cares about, even after all that time. But perhaps that's all Envy has to live for - revenge on Hoenhiem. Envy is a humunculus after all, so perhaps his grudge is the only thing that makes his souless, in-human life worth living? Who knows? It still doesn't excuse him for what he does to other certain characters during the story, that's for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post Jun 2 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #218

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 2 2005, 04:35 PM)
Well said Electrastar, that was the point I was trying to make as well. Hughes death, as sad as it was, allowed other characters personalitys to be further developed, and it did make the story considerably more dramatic, especially in the manga. yes, you would think that Envy would have gotten over his issues after brooding over them for 400 years. LOL but apearently Envy is so narrow minded that's all he cares about, even after all that time. But perhaps that's all Envy has to live for - revenge on Hoenhiem. Envy is a humunculus after all, so perhaps his grudge is the only thing that makes his souless, in-human life worth living? Who knows? It still doesn't excuse him for what he does to other certain characters during the story, that's for sure.
[snapback]184294[/snapback]

Couldn't have put it better myself. biggrin.gif
I just can't feel any sympathy for a character like Envy....I mean, all he does in the story so far, is beat up , kill people and look pissed off all the time. The anime is over, and we got to know a little more about his character, but still not enough for me to even like him, maybe we'll learn more in the manga, who knows...

As for character developement in after Hughes's death, a person that really shines for me is Gracia. She is really strong. She accepts his death, even if she still morns him...but I guess that's because she knew that marrying a soldier meant certain risks and that some day, she might be faced with the possibility of losing him...But Hughes was so loveable, she couldn't resist. And she has Elicia as well, she's raising her on her own now, so she has to be strong, for her sake as well.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Defade
post Jun 3 2005, 07:41 AM
Post #219

Apprentice

QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 3 2005, 04:06 AM)

[snapback]184192[/snapback]

!!*&#*%^(#&^(*&(@*&%*(#&%)&)^#)*_@_!@*$(#*%)#%_$(_$(_^(_!!!!!!!!
ENVY! DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!! *insert 10000000 swear words here*
whoever made that pic deserves to die. I HATE ENVY!! I still wonder why so many people like him, he's just a stupid bra-top-and-miniskirt-wearing palm-tree! And is so scared to show his true form he has to change his shape because his true form is too ugly. HE KILLED MY FAV CHAR* insert 10000000 ! here*
Now, let's see....
*transmutes a sword and plucks it into his chest*
NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE!
*stomps on him*
Let's see...29 lives left! Woah! My CRAWTHO attack took out a lot of those third grade red stones!

--------------------
FMA Lovers List:

FMA Haters List:

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 3 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #220

State Alchemist (Major)

To Electrastar: My feelings exactly about Envy. And I agree about Gracia's character as well. She is indeed a very strong character. Even after the grave loss she suffered, and being left with the responsiblity of raising Elysia on her own, she still manages to encourage and help others. I think Hughes's death also allowed every one to see a different side of Roy's personality - his non-formal side. Any one who thought of Roy as a tough, unfeeling character was proven wrong buy his reaction to Hughes's death.

That's how I felt about that too Defade. LOL It pisses me off so bad when I watch that! I hate the smile on his damn face as he's stabbing u-know-who.... It's such a nasty smile! I would like to physicaly rip it off of his face. *U know what? T think I will!* *Walks up to Envy and tears his face of with bare hands* I wish. LOL I wonder what role Envy will play in the end of the manga? That will be interesting to find out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Racho
post Feb 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #221

Citizen

Member No.: 44,704

[spoiler]The death of Hughes tore me apart.
Especially when you see the funeral
when you see his precious little daughter
asking why they're burrying her daddy
and she starts crying, saying that he
has to wake up so he can keep working.[/spoiler]

Yeahh, he'd be all serious then be like..
*pulls out a picture*
LOOOKEEYYY AT MY DARLINGG DAUGHTERR
and go all goo-goo-ga-ga on us :]
he was the cutest character. <33

[[ROFLMFAFSOAMFO!! I'M WAYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE XDD]]

<Just to be safe, I put some part under spoiler band. ^^ 0217/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------
[center]

[/center]

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Feb 16 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #222

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

@Racho Yeah. PLEASE use spoiler tags.
CODE
[SPOILER]<Your words.>[/SPOILER]

This is how it shows up as...[spoiler]<Your words.>[/spoiler]

Not sure, if people should have to use spoiler tags, in this thread..because, the thread description says 'Spoiler'.. but oh well.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 17 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #223

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Racho - Just to be on the safe side, I went ahead and put Spoiler band on part of your post. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Racho
post Feb 17 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #224

Citizen

Member No.: 44,704

oh yes. thanks.
lol I don't know if you could
tell.. [[lol]] I'm a bit new
to the forum stuff. but thank you :]

--------------------
[center]

[/center]

+Quote Post
Arthur-F.Metal4l...
post Feb 18 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #225

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,836

man he was a good person and character well i was sad when he died cause he was very kind and cool but instead he lived in that another world

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css