HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 828 829 830 831 832 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Chibi_Girl29
post Aug 21 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #12436

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,004

RoyxRiza are the most coolest yet bestest couple in the fma manga !!XD tHEY''RE Soooo Cute !!Tough In the manga the proof that the 2 are in love is really small.
IN the anime on the contrary (in chibi party) Riza said that she and roy became a couple but then... Riza ''broke'' wit him nad she decided to find a happinnes for her own. (NOOOOO)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Aug 21 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #12437

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

i live in southeast asia and i don't understand about time zones...it's tuesday 21th august 4:46 PM here but heck i'll post this thing sorry if i'm late tho- *BOWS*

for the summer festival on the 20th: http://natsumi726.deviantart.com/art/summe...saster-62875731

for stormie's contest: http://natsumi726.deviantart.com/art/vampi...perior-62876364

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Aug 21 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #12438

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,242

Today's recipies yes?

We all know Roy likes to show off. Well, what better way to show off his alchemy then by cooking with lava.

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Aug 21 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #12439

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Chibi_Girl29 - Welcome to the thread! happy.gif Oh, and I think they were just fooling around in the chibi party. wink.gif

And the proofs in the manga may be small, but there are a lot of those small moments scattered around, yes? And I wouldn't call them "small" myself.

Natsu-Hime - Love your artwork, and where in Southeast Asia do you live? I'm from the Philippines. biggrin.gif And the vampire contest is Stormie's contest, not Starrie's.

Anne - Cooking with lava? Interesting! XDDDDDD Definitely sounds like something Roy would to to show off. And if only we could try that were I live...the volcanoes here in the Philippines aren't exactly as peaceful as Hawaii's. When volcanoes here erupt, they rumble and shake and spew and it's hard to get lava out of really tall volcanoes. XD

And speaking of recipes...here are my contributions. happy.gif

Halo-halo, a cold Filipino dessert that is best enjoyed during the summer, but is actually good any day. wink.gif It even has a variation called Maiz con Hielo, which uses corn, thus the namesake.

And here are more:

Pineapple Crunch

Pineapple Ice Candy

Mocha Ice Candy
Tiramisu

It's getting late, but I'll try to find more. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 21 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #12440

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

It's our Royai picnic time!! biggrin.gif

@DjRoy - I know, you were gone for a long time!! Missed you!! ^^
But, glad you're back!! biggrin.gif

@Chibi_Girl29 - Welcome, welcome, welcome to the Royai thread!! If you like Roy, Riza, and Royai, stay with us, and have a Royai fun with us!! ^^ And, don't worry, as far as I know, that Chibi-OVA is not meant to be taken as a real FMA story-line. biggrin.gif

@natsu-hime - Oh, I like those!! That Ed and Al going O_o in the first one is so funny, and Roy's expression is priceless in the Vampire one!! Nice contest entry!! biggrin.gif
Yeah, everyone is on the different time zone, so I'm sure we have "flexible" schedule for the Festival, and it should be no problem. ^^

@Anne Packrat - That lava cooking rulez!! Totally hot idea!! laugh.gif

@Amethyst Sunset - Those recipes all look yammy!! Got to try them sometime!! And, mmm, I love Tiramisu!! And, yeah, Kilauea just oozes out lava, but Pinatubo and all the Filipino volcanoes are scary!! You guys live so dangerously!! tongue.gif
Oh, and about the deadline.. yes, please try to get in touch with Stormie and make sure she knows that she's supposed to select winners and announce it on Saturday, Aug. 25. laugh.gif

Riza taking a dip with Hayate!! ^^ (It's actually a portion of magazine pic. ^^)

Now, keep searching for my recipes.. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desu ne?
post Aug 21 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #12441

Citizen

Member No.: 49,110

@Tombow Cute pic. I always wonder who designs their clothes for the magazine pics.. I'd like to know.

@Anne Packrat Haha.. I didn't imagine one could do something like that. xD

@Chibi_Girl29 Welcome to the thread! And I wouldn't mind the chibi party too much if I were you.. it's basically random sillyness. I actually think the proof in the manga is stronger than in the anime.

..and now it's time for me to read some fanfics and then dig up an anatomy book. It's really time I learn my anatomy, I feel like my drawings haven't improved at all lately.

As for picnic recipes I don't know anything right now, sorry. ^^'

--------------------
Avatar made my me, inspired by an omake, so don't steal it please.
My deviantart with ongoing (original) comic and also some FMA pics: http://alet-maon.deviantart.com/ And, if you have the time, please do check out my website at: http://www.freewebs.com/creativity-unlimited/index.htm It's still being worked on but updates are coming.

~NI-PAAAH!~

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 21 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #12442

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

Good Day Everyone!!!!

I'm so sorry that I disappeared, but after my last post I had a busy schedule. But today is my day off from work, so let's get goin'!

Re: Recipes Yes! If you submit a recipe or a pic of some nummy food, it will go into the album. I'd feel it pointless to make a day dedicated to a theme and not include it. I can mean spirited, but I'm not evil

Re: Stormie's Contest I have PM'd her and I have yet to receive a reply. I anticipate that she will appear very soon. I will continue to collect links for any entries for her contest or for the Festival. It will be in her best interest to select her date of winner announcement. So for the time being, keep submitting your works, I'll just send her the links when she has a moment.

Re: Our Love of Royai The question was brought up as to why we needed a festival...truth be told, I had this hair-brained idea after I had so much fun with Royai Day, that I wanted a way to continue the fun. Especially now that many posters are heading back to school, what would a fun way to wrap up the summer? A festival!

So to those that are lurkers, newbies, or seasoned forum members you are invited to join in. Even if you are not die hard Royai fans, this is a celebration of all things summer! And I must say, Tombow-dono, your post said it all, thank you so much.

----------------------------------

Itinerary for the rest of the week:

Day Three (21st): Royai Treats! Posters submit a recipe or an image of food(s) that would be served at a party/picnic hosted by our couple of honor. Swapping recipes and trying them out, highly encouraged!

Day Four (22nd): SWIMSUIT PARADE!!! Show us what you think our canon couple (or other FMA character) would wear. Written description or images are accepted.

Day Five (23rd): "One Shot Thursday" Submit a 500 to 1000 word one-shot integrating these three (3) words; watermelon(s), fireworks, and...nosebleed! (haha! You thought I was gonna say bikini! tongue.gif )

Day Six (24th): Voting opens up for the "official" Summer Fest banner/recipe/swimsuit. Winners announced on closing day.

Day Seven (25th): "Closing Night!" Winners announced for our Summer Fest and Stormie's Twilight** contest!

** I realize Stormie has yet to make an appearance, so if need be, we will delay the winners of her contest.**

----------------------------------

@ Tombow-dono I'll go double check the Bulletin Board and Recipe forums to look over the posts. I'm sure they are fine. I'll fine tune the information if necessary.

Keep up the great work everyone!

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Aug 21 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #12443

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

OMG, recipes!!!
Now THAT is something I can do, seeing as though both my writing and drawing are quite subpar (so don't expect any fanfic/fanart from me! LOL.)

But BAKING? Oh hell yeah!

I probably have a few on my hard drive at home...

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 21 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #12444

Group Icon

@Starrie - Thank you!! ^^

@Liz - Yes, I wanna try some of your recipes! I bet you have good ones!! biggrin.gif

Ok, here are mine. Two traditional U.S. campfire/tailgate party foods. laugh.gif

Roy's Flaming Hot East Headquarters (Chicken) Wings
(Original recipe is here. ^^)

2 pounds (about 900g) chicken wings

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

Vegetable oil for frying

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup hot sauce.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and cayenne.
Pour oil into a large heavy pot to a depth of 2 inches (about 5 cm) and heat to 375 degrees F (about 175 degree Celsius) over medium heat.
Working in 3 batches, coat the wings with the flour mixture and fry until lightly browned, each about 10 to 12 minutes.
Drain fried wings.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
Toss the fried wings in the hot sauce mixture.
Transfer the wings, with the sauce, to a large foil-lined baking sheet, and bake in 400 degree F (about 200 degree Celsius) oven for 35 minutes.
Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Blue Cheese Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper

In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the blue cheese, half-and-half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth.
Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of blue cheese and season with pepper, to taste.

Riza's Bittersweet Love Chocolate Coconut S'mores
(Original recipe is here. ^^)

12 large marshmallows
12 ounces (about 340g) bittersweet chocolate, cut into 3-ounce (about 85g each) pieces
8 whole graham crackers
1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut (optional. If you don't like coconut, you can skip this. ^^)

Place marshmallows on skewers or sticks, 3 marshmallows per stick, and roast over an open fire until golden brown on all sides and melted in the center.
Place chocolate pieces on 4 of the graham crackers.
On each graham cracker, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut over the chocolate.
Place toasted marshmallows on the coconut, 3 marshmallows on each graham cracker.
Place the remaining graham crackers on top of the marshmallows to make s'more sandwiches.
Wrap each s'more in foil.
Place each s'more on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the grill and serve immediately.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 21 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #12445

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

@ Tombow-dono I'm gonna have to try those s'mores! They look scrumptious! And the pic you have of Roy being given rescued by Riza, I have faved on my dA account.

For anyone interested, here is the link.

@ CNE I read on your cosspace page that you like to bake, I'm glad that today is a perfect one for you! Any recipe(s) you can think of, post and it'll get into the album.

I will go thru our recipes and submit some for the album, not to be voted on.

Ciao!

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 21 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #12446

Group Icon

@Starrieidgirl - Thanks for the link to the fanart!! Yeah, I think that's AA Battery's fanart. I will see if I can get her permission to use it for the banner. biggrin.gif
And, please post your recipes!! We want yours included for voting also!! ^^
Maybe we can extend recipe due date through tomorrow?? ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 21 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #12447

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Geez- you guys went and partied while I wasn't on! Okay, I had a friend to stay the night, and she's not as... shall we say... into FMA as I, though she's the one who introduced me to it. Go figure.

Anyway, um, still working on getting the logo-thingy up (Still mechanically inept as ever, but thanks again, Tombow, for the tips!), and still working on the oneshot. Recepies... I have none (At least, nothing original... Fruit salad, anybody?wink.gif ), but the ones Tombow put up look awesome!

As to the reason for the season -er, FESTIVAL!- I agree. It's not needed, but it's wanted, welcomed, and loved. What more reason do we need to party?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 21 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #12448

Group Icon

@JS - Yes, yes, Fruit Salad!! Sounds great!! biggrin.gif
And, yes, I totally agree about the festival. Well said. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 21 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #12449

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I couldn't resist this one! Watermelon cake! I actually use a strawberry cake mix for it, put chocolate chips in the batter, and I make my own frosting from heavy whipping cream mixed with powder sugar and a little bit of green food dye.

Edit: The image is from the web, but thats's pretty much what it looks like , sometimes you may need to add some red food dye so the cake turns out darker than the pink of strawberry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Aug 21 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #12450

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,592

Oh my word, you guys, you're making me hungry! All of these recipes look so good! I looked in my recipes, but I couldn't think of a way to relatre my favorite foods, so I guess I'll just enjoy yours!

To everyone who commented on my last chapter: Thank you so much! Sorry again about the link mess-up.

Tombow: I love your names for your recipes, they're so cute!

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 828 829 830 831 832 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 09:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css