HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!, Might as well...
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
Good [ 124 ] ** [47.69%]
OK [ 74 ] ** [28.46%]
Bad :( [ 44 ] ** [16.92%]
Confusing, just like the TV ending! [ 18 ] ** [6.92%]
Total Votes: 319

Ed-o Elrich
post Sep 15 2005, 04:17 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,774

QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 13 2005, 03:28 PM)
@Jellybean:

^^U after the happy ending for roy and riza suddenly there's a huge change and... I don't know what Gluttony was doing there with that form, and Hohenheim being alive inside of envy's fangs... and envy didn't kill him when he went to england to do that... and there are some character developements I didn't like, and Riza was OOC, as well as Ed in some cases... so... I would rate it as bad ^^U
[right][snapback]283417[/snapback][/right]

Although I haven't seen the movie, I think you should keep in mind that two years have passed and the characters are not the same people we knew....they have changed a little. I would think Ed would have changed most of all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reika
post Sep 15 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

QUOTE (Ed-o Elrich @ Sep 15 2005, 12:17 PM)
Although I haven't seen the movie, I think you should keep in mind that two years have passed and the characters are not the same people we knew....they have changed a little. I would think Ed would have changed most of all.

Something is to change a little, and another thing is to have roy depress about what happened in ishval and specially hughes' death NOW, and Riza abandoned him because she didn't want to see him that way

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Sep 15 2005, 04:55 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

I agree with Reika. They could have at least filled us in on *how* they got from point A to point B.

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Oct 13 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #19

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I would rate Reika as an idiot who can't accept outside-the-box character development, yet still fancies herself some kind of film critic... But that's just me.

As for the movie, I'd give it a B, or B-. It was entertaining, but a few things annoyed me, like the total lack of background for the main villain [I didn't even catch her name], the fact that there was no real closure for Envy, and the brevity of the last battle scene.
I liked all the neat touches dealing with Weimar-era Germany, though, and the inclusion of Fritz Lang was pretty clever, considering the influence he had on some of the great minds in anime, but his portrayal was pretty inaccurate. For one thing, he wasn't technically a Jew. His mother had Jewish blood, but both she and his father were practicing Catholics... and he never had a moustache. tongue.gif

Wrath finally made himself useful, though. That was nice of the writers to do that for him. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Oct 13 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

Well I finally saw it.

It was good.
I still have questions, like what happened to Gluttony and Envy(*sniff* no eye candy dammit)? Who was the main villian? What's her story? She was just there.

However, I have a feeling part of the movie was missing. There was a few parts where it would click on and off, more than likely the guy changing the tape. Can't wait to see the DVD.

Even with the missing info which may or may not have been the movies fault I give it two thumbs up. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mystique
post Oct 14 2005, 03:53 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 19,772

what happened to gluttony and envy...
*blinks*
didn't you watch the tv series i at all?!!?!?

Gluttony was the total freaky ass monster that wrath faces, envy, she died in the tv series isn't it
(wonders if she watched the subbed or raw version)

i'm lazy to remember blonde womans name and her evil intentions, next person do it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Ladymercury (unable to login)_*
post Oct 16 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #22

Guests

Er, hi folks, new.

The movie, with me, ranks B-/C. FMA wise, total mind melt and really lacks any connection to the core series itselef. Movie, by itself wise, pretty good. I love the attention to detail with the gypsies singing and Noah's final dance at the end. I loved that. The animation was truely amusing... then again, its a movie, its supposed to be amazing.

I was disappointed at the total lack of information behind the people of Ametris (i keep forgetting how to spell it). It was more like, cameos during the big fight at the end.

And EMO!Roy was annoying the hell out of me. Who knew that lackage of Riza would make him THAT emo. Why was Roy a corporal? Why was he in the mountains? What happen to the rest? It was nice to see at the end that Roy magically wasn't emo (it baffled me on how he just snaps out of emoness) and was giving everyone orders even though he was like a rank higher than a private.

I think the thing that irked me the most was alter!Hughes in which he was like... all nazi-fied and being all racist and ..... I never knew alter!Hughes would be that crappy. I miss happy family Hughes sad.gif

curious Gluttony battled was dumb. Oh, we get to see ugly [All hail lord Xenu] Gluttony be sacrificed! Yaay! Same with Envy! And wrath! Why not, lets just kill all the humonculi in under 10 minutes!!

I think that the movie wasn't worth me staying up nearly 12 hours in to the wee hours of the early morning hours to watch it, but I think it was worth at least one or two viewings.

The last rant thing: The ending brings us back to square one. Um, the whole movie was about Ed trying to get out of our world and he ends up back in our world. Don't worry though, folks. He has Al so everything is okay. Let's forget that he's left everyone else that has suffered with them behind!

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Oct 16 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

That's life sometimes Ladymercury. Sometimes the ones we love leave or are taken away from us. Ed did what he did because he wanted to make sure everyone was safe and no one would threaten his home in such a way again. While its probably not smart and taking all the people who will miss him into account, I think its both noble and courageous. To put aside his own selfish needs and desires. I think that's the point of the movie. To do the right thing, you have to put aside what you want the most.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Guest_Ladymercury (still unable to log_*
post Oct 17 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #24

Guests

I fail to understand why he didn't take into consideration of just closing the door on his side rather than traveling to the other side to do it. I mean, seriously, if there is a wall in front of the door... how is one supposed to get through?

*shake le fist* Damn plot devices!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 17 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #25

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Ladymercury (still unable to log @ Oct 17 2005, 11:30 AM) *
I fail to understand why he didn't take into consideration of just closing the door on his side rather than traveling to the other side to do it. I mean, seriously, if there is a wall in front of the door... how is one supposed to get through?

I tought about that, too, and some of my guesses are that Ed might have thought to make sure the connection would be cut off completely between that German world and the Hagaren world, since that German world is the one trying to invade Hagaren world.
You know, blocking off the access at the source (of invasion attack to the Hagaren world) so that the transmission would not occur in the first place, instead of just trying to block it at the doorstep of your house. And, I think he was confident in, and trust the ability of Al & the gang at the Hagaren world to destroy the gate at the Hagaren side, and that would make the complete assurance of no connections between the two worlds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 17 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #26

Guests

The Rossman rates this crap of a show...

http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/fullme...emistmovie.html

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Oct 17 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #27

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 17 2005, 11:39 PM) [snapback]301074[/snapback]

Wow. You're so cool for posting THE SAME GODDAMN LINK THAT'S ALREADY BEEN POSTED ON THIS BOARD A DOZEN TIMES!

And 150,000 extra cool points for using a nonsense phrase like 'crap of a show'. Wha the hell is that even supposed to mean?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Oct 17 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

I didn't think it was quite up to par with the show, and there are a few aspects that nobody seemed to understand, but it was still really good. I certainly wouldn't call it a "crap of a show." It keeps your interest all the way through, very pretty animation, especially on the fight scenes, and has several nicely integrated themes, which I won't go into because it's already been discussed repeatedly in other threads.

And I've said it before, but I still think the ending was perfect. I don't get how the gate works at all, but evidently Ed thought it was necessary to close it from the other side, and he probably understands it better than us. tongue.gif Don't overthink it. In fact, I think it would be problematic if they left the Germany gate open, because the gate is rarely opened from Germany side, but crazy alchemists from Amestris-side seem to open it all the time. Besides, those armor troops came up through the ground in Liore without any gate being open on that side, so it seems like people could get through and make a mess with just the Germany gate open.

Damn, I didn't mean to start talking about the gate again, because I don't think it's important, but I got to babbling anyway.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 17 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #29

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Jellybean @ Oct 17 2005, 11:49 PM) *
I think it would be problematic if they left the Germany gate open, because the gate is rarely opened from Germany side, but crazy alchemists from Amestris-side seem to open it all the time. Besides, those armor troops came up through the ground in Liore without any gate being open on that side, so it seems like people could get through and make a mess with just the Germany gate open.

Yap, that was another of my thoughts. With the wide spread use of alchemy in Hagaren world, closing the one that was used in the attack would not guarantee there wouldn't be other gates. But, in Germany of our world, it is a rare occasion that they have someone who is an alchemist, let alone a good alchemist who is skilled enough to be able to open the gate. So, yeah, I totally agree with Jellybean om that. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 17 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 17 2005, 09:26 PM) [snapback]301092[/snapback]

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 17 2005, 11:39 PM) [snapback]301074[/snapback]

Wow. You're so cool for posting THE SAME GODDAMN LINK THAT'S ALREADY BEEN POSTED ON THIS BOARD A DOZEN TIMES!
Wow. You are such a LIAR. So where has this SAME LINK been posted on THIS BOARD a DOZEN times? You need to see a neurologist for your hallucinations.

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 17 2005, 09:26 PM) [snapback]301092[/snapback]

And 150,000 extra cool points for using a nonsense phrase like 'crap of a show'. Wha the hell is that even supposed to mean?

Nonsense phrase? Apparently besides having memory issues, you lack lessons in English. Ever heard of 'possessives' in the use of descriptives?

- Surely, every hero in a story had one hell of an adventure in their lifetime.
- People visiting an amusement get one hell of a ride on the roller coasters.
- It was a real shocker of an incident to get their eyes open and realise the truth.
- That was a crap of a way to die!
- A sequel was inevitable to that mega-hit, so producers made this piece of crap of a movie, "Zombie 3,"
- And thus, the FMA movie is one crap of a show.

Going to school will at least let you learn to be able to express and reason things out better than the garbage you just spewed forth from your orifice. So please pack your bag and start your school life now.

At the very least you could have Googled "crap of a" to avoid such an embarassment and salvage any possible IQ you had dry.gif

QUOTE(Jellybean @ Oct 17 2005, 09:49 PM) [snapback]301101[/snapback]

Don't overthink it.

You are correct to say this since the movie fails in terms of plot machinations and devices once the gears of the brain start moving on it. cool.gif

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 06:39 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css