Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 41 - Holy Mother, Talkback & discussion thread
Nepharski
post Jan 6 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

"I can hear it...that voice. It should have been lost to the crimes of the past. Now, it could save my life."

Alphonse is left traumatized at the death of Martel at the ruthless hands of the homunculus Pride, and Kimblee and the not-so-good Dr. Tucker prepare for a top secret mission handed to them directly by the Furher himself. Edward, facing the full realization of Scar's predicament and plans, is stuck between a rock in a hard place: To serve a corrupt military, or a self-righteous killer. Meanwhile, Rose remains mute, yet a symbol to her people...and a mother to her child.

Somthing is rotten in the state of Denmark! Err...Lior!

Episode airs tomorrow (Saturday, January 7) night.

Be there, or be...elsewhere.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Jan 8 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

Episode was very good, keep me on the edge of my seat @_@ <33 the only thing i have a problme with is i think they changed kimblys voice >_< why the hell would they do that. this was his last episode, you dont change the voice on the characters last episode >O and funimation got ride of the episode preview or either adult swim did it sleep.gif *shakes head* either way awsome ^O^

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 8 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,705

darn internet connection i would have commented sooner but the site was down sad.gif

aaaaaaaaanywayz, i LOVED this episode, i was on the edge of my seat too! i hate Sloth even more now!the look on Edo-kun's face was terrible sad.gif and Scar lost his arm ohmy.gif ! i reeeeeeeally don't like Kimblee now but i feel kinda sad now that he's going to die i had no idea how he would though...and whats going to happen to Aru! oh oh! i know!! i know!! [spoiler] Scar is going to transmute him into the Philosopher's Stone!!! i think O_O [/spoiler] and i wondered how they were going to get Martel's body out of Aru...but i did'nt think they'd show it >P

aww well i really liked this epi and again...I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT!!!! biggrin.gif oh and i hate Wrath even more also smile.gif

don't mind me i'm hyper @_@

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jan 8 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Dubbing was WONDERFUL!...I LOVE this episode...so good...keeps you on the edge of your seat!!

[spoiler] Kimbley vs. Scar....LOVE it!! happy.gif...[/spoiler]

Can't wait to see next week's!!!

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Jan 8 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

I was able to catch the second showing, and I was very impressed with the english voice actor for Wrath filling into her character. That and the series of still used for the end.

Surprised with the 2nd showing's lack of previews though.

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Jan 8 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,639

Disappointed in lack of a preview for the next episode, but other than that...OMG, THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!

Pretty sure Al will survive, Scar will save him, but that really doesn't decrease my fear...I mean, with the way it's set up at the end, it really looks like the end of Al.... (I actually had to force down a scream when Kimbley amazingly pulls himself up for one last bomb with Al's "help.")

Really, absolutely, and totally shocked when Sloth appeared; did not expect her to show up in that capacity by that point at all. But very pleased with it. (Sloth's creepy intimidation, and Ed's resulting scream...bone-chilling.)

Rose and her baby's predicament at the end's more cliff-hangery than Al's, since it is pretty much a certainty he'll survive to the next episode...but honestly, at this point in the show, looking back on other deaths (Hughes, Martel, Nina), I could see Rose and her child easily being killed off, or at least one of them. (In a word: depressing.)

Scar vs. Kimbley...LOVED IT! (Also, Scar fan, so totally cheering for him in that "little bout.")

A little Lust, but I thought it meaningful. (Also a Lust fan.) From what I remember, some of Pride's comments provide a shippy moment for Scar/Lust--essentially, pretty sure he responded to Lust's determination to help Scar create the Philosopher's Stone as a "pathetic school-girl crush" on her part, or something to that effect. (Also a Scar/Lust fan...but I'm interested in Scar/Rose too.)

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Jan 8 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

AHHH AHHH AHH! Scars arm! ... again! ;_;
Vicious battle between Kimbley and Scar, though. I really hope Scar can pull something off to save Al sleep.gif''
Comeon Ed, kill Wrath already, you know you want to with all his bodysnatching comments =P

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Jan 8 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #8

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,639

QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Jan 8 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]337403[/snapback]

AHHH AHHH AHH! Scars arm! ... again! ;_;
Vicious battle between Kimbley and Scar, though. I really hope Scar can pull something off to save Al sleep.gif''
Comeon Ed, kill Wrath already, you know you want to with all his bodysnatching comments =P

...Seemed kinda like a black humor moment when Kimbley did essentially nail Scar's other original arm. (I say "essentially" since technically Scar got rid of it himself, but it was of course Kimbely's fault....)

Totally predict Scar will save Al (Seemed to have developed a rather large soft spot for armor boy, and vice versa, and...I just love the Al/Scar friendship.)...I just have no idea how he's going to do it. (Thus a little fearful that Al is going to die, but he can't, he just can't....)

I bet Ed will aim for killing Wrath, but it won't be easy, considering there aren't any remains of Wrath's dead persona to even the playing field, or more like give Ed a big advantage, as before with the fight against Greed. (Meh, my only little nitpick...it concerns Ed giving the explanation of how the remains of Homunculi's former personas weaken them. Ed's smart, he would've known that wouldn't work on Wrath, since he had heard from Izumi that she actually used her baby's original body in the human transmutation, so no remains--Why bother wasting breath? Unless they're trying to give the impression that Ed would forget something so vital in the whole scheme of things.... But really, I think it just boils down to the writers just using Ed to again repeat the Homunculi's weakness, but it does seem to be getting too repetitive...then again, they probably also did it for Wrath's reaction, which was actually cool.... Thanks for the nitpick rant.)

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.

+Quote Post
FullMetalAlchemi...
post Jan 8 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,426

wow...this episode is AWESOME!...dude! i CANT WAIT for the next episode...im glad kimbley is DEAD!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!...well, at least i think he is dead. What the hell was he doing to Alphonse!?.....I wish wrath was DEAD! he NEEDS to DIE!! lol.....i have alot of questions for this episode...it was VERY interesting...but yeah, its awesome! happy.gif

--------------------

"Ed and Al like girls...but I can't speak for Roy Mustang"
-Vic Mignogna[voice actor of Edward Elric]

`amERI[K]A.

Avatar Credit: http://kunoichi-life.livejournal.com/1951.html

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 8 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #10

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Awsome episode!!
I loved the battle between Scar and Kimblee.
Tho, surprized that Kimblee got a huge hole in the gut and can still get up and snatch Ed's pocket watch from Al?!!? blink.gif
Al, next time, if you see Kimblee, and he "looks" dead, burn him crisp before you let your gurad off, ok?? rolleyes.gif
Poor Ed being traumatized by Sloth!! That was so nasty of her!! (Tho I kinda enjoyed the surprize of her appearance there. tongue.gif )

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 8 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]337392[/snapback]

Surprised with the 2nd showing's lack of previews though.

From what I heard, this episode and the next episode were originally aired together as an 1 hour special in Japan, hence there was no preview for the next episode at the end of this half an hour segment, which was the first half of the 1 hour show. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Singhay
post Jan 8 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,464

I loved the Kimblee vs. Scar thing but I noticed a weird thing about the fight. Once scar blew his arm away, Kimblee turned around and ran in fear. TURNED AROUND AND RAN IN FEAR? Someone like Kimblee, a State Alchemist that knows something about combat, knows to never turn around in a fight! LOL and he knows that now from taking a hit in the back. That really bugged me, someone like Kimblee doing that in a fight. I thought it was a lame way to die.

+Quote Post
Odysseus
post Jan 9 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,996

Tombow is correct, originally, 'Holy Mother' and 'His name is Unknown' were aired as a one hour summer special. Hence no need for a preview. Too bad they didnt decide to do that over here.

I always liked this episode, a whole lot of things going on. Kimblee is always hated by me in this episode, and when I first saw it I was satisfied when he was beaten by Scar. Course he had to go and bombify Al....

--------------------
IPB Image
I've returned after a long absence so hooray? ^^
My forum family: So far just my one and only sister: ed's numbuh 1 fan

+Quote Post
Tse'yak Naidraug
post Jan 9 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 23,304

Man, I hope Al will live. Maybe Scar will try to reverse the bombifying (Copyright Odyssues) process, or somthing. blink.gif I don't know.

Was it just me, or was the scene with Scar just standing there with his left arm used to be just glooping out unerving? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 10 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(Tse @ Jan 9 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]337512[/snapback]

Was it just me, or was the scene with Scar just standing there with his left arm used to be just glooping out unerving? unsure.gif

yesh it was very gloopifying O_o would'nt he be in mre pain though he was just standing there... what is it and people loseing they're arm laugh.gif

and about the hour thing: thats not fair japan gets all the good things >_< laugh.gif

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Jan 10 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

Well technically we Americans get lucky breaks too.

CASE IN POINT: We didn't have to sit through the four straight re-cap episodes Bones made for Wolf's Rain, Japan and fansubbers DID.

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 02:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css