HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 994 995 996 997 998 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post May 3 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #14926

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Makika @ May 3 2009, 05:50 AM) *
hahaha, here it's 00:50.
a few more hours! [2]

It's in this chapter which we'll have the "useless" scene?

This episode should have it *grins*

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alzea
post May 3 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #14927

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 3 2009, 09:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Makika @ May 3 2009, 05:50 AM) *
hahaha, here it's 00:50.
a few more hours! [2]

It's in this chapter which we'll have the "useless" scene?

This episode should have it *grins*
And so it had and it was amazing~!
Now I'm happy that all the streams were total b##ches at the beginning, not at the end of the episode~ xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 3 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #14928

^Mine worked just fine... with mms streaming o.O Strange...

Anyways, yep, I saw and loved it >D I want screenshots now XD

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Andie
post May 3 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #14929

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

QUOTE (Alzea @ May 2 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Oh, about djs, anyone have 'Parallel Love'? I have seen only cover but darn, it must be interesting story and I just can't find it anywhere sad.gif

I do have this doujin (well, it's my only doujin). I love it, the art's pretty and little!Riza is darn cute (can't understand what is going on 'tho since I don't understand japanese). I'd scan it, but my scanner is a bit crappy dry.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post May 3 2009, 07:58 AM
Post #14930

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (Andie @ May 3 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Oh, about djs, anyone have 'Parallel Love'? I have seen only cover but darn, it must be interesting story and I just can't find it anywhere sad.gif

I do have this doujin (well, it's my only doujin). I love it, the art's pretty and little!Riza is darn cute (can't understand what is going on 'tho since I don't understand japanese). I'd scan it, but my scanner is a bit crappy dry.gif .
Oh, wow, I'm jealous now, where did you buy it? I want one to~! Do you have both parts? Crappy...very? If you would scan this then maybe Tombow or someone else who know Japanese could translate this for us(?) Anyway, lucky you~

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post May 3 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #14931

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

Just watch the 'colonel, you are useless in the rain' episode.

I could hear Mustang trying to snap his fingers with the sound 'pop'--- no flame.

Riza is so cool when she's using her firearms. She actually ran to Mustang and tripped him before she shot at Scar. laugh.gif

I wonder how many times she had saved Mustang in a close call.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Andie
post May 3 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #14932

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

QUOTE (Alzea @ May 3 2009, 10:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Andie @ May 3 2009, 03:51 PM) *

Oh, wow, I'm jealous now, where did you buy it? I want one to~! Do you have both parts? Crappy...very? If you would scan this then maybe Tombow or someone else who know Japanese could translate this for us(?) Anyway, lucky you~

I found it on jpqueen.com (http://www.jpqueen.com/onlineshop/productinfo.asp?PID=91465). I tried to buy the second part, but the day after I bought the first, somebody had aready bought it sad.gif .

I'll try to see if I can scan it. Maybe my scanner will be nice this time around (stoopid scanner!).

QUOTE (spectator @ May 3 2009, 11:35 AM) *

I could hear Mustang trying to snap his fingers with the sound 'pop'--- no flame.

That little 'pop' was awesome. I loved this part.

(But Roy didn't grow mushrooms on his head DX! That makes me sad!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post May 3 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #14933

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 2 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Ah, one of the fanarts posted by Forgiven above is Reika's avi, and since we are talking about Royai doujin, if anyone is interested, check out her doujin (though unfinished) "Meeting my Other Life" by Reika that's posted on our board in the Fanart forum. (that's one of my fav Royai doujin ^^)

I remember that fancomic from back in 'the day'
It is extremely well-drawn and the author has an excellent feel for story pacing and panel layout, but I just tend to not be not AU's. OR the idea of Riza barefoot and pregnant. I'm sorry, but Roy/Riza as parents just... seems OOC for me. I don't see them having the typical family life. That being said, I would still like to see it finished.

I have a theory that fans who gravitate towards the "RoiAi + Nuclear family" stereotype (and write fics/make fanarts etc. of it) are primarily American, since as an American myself, I have been raised with the whole "to be happy and normal, you must get married and have 2.5 children" mentality. It's just a theory. Not certain if that is the norm in other countries as well. Ideas?

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 3 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #14934

QUOTE (spectator @ May 3 2009, 05:35 PM) *

Riza is so cool when she's using her firearms. She actually ran to Mustang and tripped him before she shot at Scar. laugh.gif

I wonder how many times she had saved Mustang in a close call.

I laughed so much at that XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 3 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #14935

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth @ May 3 2009, 12:50 PM) *
I have a theory that fans who gravitate towards the "RoiAi + Nuclear family" stereotype (and write fics/make fanarts etc. of it) are primarily American, since as an American myself, I have been raised with the whole "to be happy and normal, you must get married and have 2.5 children" mentality. It's just a theory. Not certain if that is the norm in other countries as well. Ideas?

@Liz - I think we see the idea of nuclear family being prevalent in other countries also, including Reika's home country, Spain where Catholic is the main religion.
And, it being one of the "tried and true" methods of raising a family, and probably one of the most commonly "approved" methods of raising a family in many countries in the world?? Hence, I can understand it has a strong appeal to many women in many countries where FMA is available. But, having said that, I think it also depends on the personality of the fanfic writer. If you remember Anna (still can't remember her correct id...sorry!!) she is married and I think with grown up children, yet she used to give us some really whacky Royai fanfics which I loved. tongue.gif

Those who had already seen "useless" moment...I'm jealous. I'm still waiting to watch episode 5. I watched it!!! Love it!!! I want to see that "useless
" scene in super slow motion, in HD!! tongue.gif

@Alzea - If Andie can post the scans of the pages I can take a look, and if the scans are clear and legible enough and if I have enough time I may be able to translate. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post May 3 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #14936

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Andie @ May 3 2009, 11:16 AM) *
(But Roy didn't grow mushrooms on his head DX! That makes me sad!).

Yeah! Where's our mushrooms?!! We don't get to see that very often on Mustang.

Then, about the 'pop' part, the sound is so cute!! Was there a pop too in the manga??

I prefer this useless moment than that in the first series. *thumbs up*

It is definately the royai-fans-must-watch episode. wink.gif

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post May 3 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #14937

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

I had no idea where Reika was from, Tombow. Guess Catholicism will do that to a person as well (I am a "recovering Catholic" too.)

I think I may have misspoke. Of course, when it comes to familt, a nuclear family is he most desirable family. But I am puzzled at the fact that whole subject of "family"- with kids and all-- features into this particular 'ship so much. I just do not see Roy and Riza as the kind of characters who would raise a family.

Therefore the sheer number of fanfics/fanart that depict them as a nuclear family unit puzzle me a bit. I am thinking on the psychology behind it all, because it amuses me, and I think it is merely wish-fulfillment fantasy of the writer. Apparently a lot of RoiAi shippers have this desire to raise a family of their own.

Hmmm... fanfiction as a wish-fulfillment mechanism. I really should explore that avenue more deeply.
I actually had a friend who is a write ADMIT to me that a lot of her early fics were wish-fulfillment... OH LOL PSYCHOLOGY.

I'll watch ep 5 when the Funi sub comes out later in the week. I'm in no hurry.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Makika
post May 3 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #14938

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

Hahaha, yeah.. The pop turns a Classic now.
(but the mushrooms.. oh.. the mushrooms...)

other "royai sub-moment is in the Roy's militar headquarter's room (after the fight against Scar)
Ed start talk and everybody was paying attention in Ed and just Riza was looking for Roy *---*

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post May 3 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #14939

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

Holy crap, this thread is almost at a thousand pages!

Firstly, new episode was really well done in my own opinion. They're getting better and better. Am I the only one who didnt really like the pop? I dunno, it kind of ruined the moment for me, especially with the dramatic music. I did like Riza's gunslinging.

@Liz: Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I'm pretty sure a couple of people, including you and I, had this discussion in this thread a long while ago. When I was a fresh FMA n00b, I loved to imagine the Royai nuclear family. Of course, now that I know the characters more, I do think that while I would love for them to have a family (yes, wish fulfillment and self insert, since I would love to have a family in the future XD), they're the kind of characters who would not settle down, especially with a military life and maybe future political life filled with danger. Also, Roy and Riza are both very stubborn, independent, and ambitious people. I'm sure they would make lovely parents, but it's just not likely. I do love the idea of them emotionally adopting Ed and Al, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post May 3 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #14940

Member No.: 52,558

Wow! We really are almost at 1000 pages. Come on we can do it.

I am behind on the new series. I think I will watch an episode now. I honestly cannot believe that it is almost the tenth. For me it is coming up pretty fast. Maybe because I have other things I need to do before then.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 994 995 996 997 998 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 05:55 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css