HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 25: Doorway Of Darkness - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 25 episodes!!
Hagaren_4ever
post Sep 27 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

^Where is the RAW out?

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 27 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

just finished watching the RAW, a little dissopointed we didnt get to see more of envys true form, but im soooo happy they are slowing down! the series is getting really great, and its at last becoming a pleasure to watch, can't wait to see a better quality and subbed video, nice extras they added in with mei and envy shooting the child, that little girl was really cute T_T

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Sep 27 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

Just watched the raw - wow, that memory was done brilliantly, one of the few scenes that would have been great in the Manga... Nevermind, twas a great episode. I really like Green/Envy, now I can't believe I ever thought of him as a fleshy colour theme. The one thing tat annoyed me with this episode was that a few times the animation was off (especially the nose and chins). I can't wait to watch this episode subbed!!

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Sep 27 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Wow, this episode was fantastic. I wish I could have seen more. Can't wait 'till next week.
-Edward+Lin=WIN. I just love seeing these two together, it's no wonder some people choose to ship them. XD
-Did they cut out the part where Ling says, "When I become Emperor, I'm going to slander you in Xing's history as 'The Man Who Fed the Emperor a Shoe'" and when Ed says "Really? That's great! Edward Elric just carved his name into the history of Xing!" part? Or did I just miss that?
-Elric Telepathy! Woot! They just HAD to keep that part!
-Edward going back for Ling was done very well. Showed his emotions nicely.
-Riza's animation in this series continues to be a bucket full of suck.
-I feel like they're pacing well. I like it, even if it means unbearable cliff-hangers.
-Envy's true form actually scared me a little. I felt like I was watching a horror movie. It was awesome!

-What was Ed saying when pointing to his auto-mail foot and yelling? That wasn't in the manga dialog, so I don't know.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 27 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #20

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

A RAW time, though I must admit the quality was a let down in terms of everything being so dark I missed picture details. Huzzah for screencaps.

- Apart from missing Ed with gun *swoon* they kept a decent amount of manga snippets in there without crowding the scene.
- Love the contrast of going from horrific monster Envy to small tweeting bird.
-Roy looked...funny in this episode, the art on him seemed off.
- Winry haters must be sick by now, clips of her keep cropping up. With reason of course, but no need for the flashback.
- Glad to see Mei's character developed deeper.

Hagaren - I'd guess something about unhygenic/sweaty foot, Ed pointing out his foot is made of metal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheSentinel
post Sep 27 2009, 07:35 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 44,527

QUOTE (Sannom @ Sep 27 2009, 08:14 AM) *
Ahh, Ishvalan shooting, does it look to be in the same styleas Scar's past?

All the Ishbalan flashbacks had a special effect with them, like watching an old documentary movie. They kept it here.

The flashbacks are one of the best parts of this series. The largely black / white / grey scheme with the blue/red eyes is full of win.

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:
An expected high of 68 degrees, partly cloudy, with a chance of DOOM!

+Quote Post
KEKU
post Sep 27 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 70,497

Glad they included the Elric telepathy bit (not that I saw it through crappy Keyhole, rofl), but in all I have to say this episode did not disappoint.

I really liked the added scenes with May and Xiao May and Envy starting the war. Very nice touches, but also they surprised me since they're not only covering the manga in more detail but they're adding extra content. It's very cool.

Also, Envy's true form.... very nice. I like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Sep 27 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

What amazing ep!!! \*o*/
I just love it!!!!
Ed so funny !!! XD
gluttony sooo CUTE oO !!
Ed and Ling was Cool<3333
OOOh Envy is scared me >o<
really every thing in ep was great !!!

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Sep 27 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

Absolutely fantastic episode....probably the happiest all around I've been with an episode so far!

Pretty much everything was handled well and the art and animation was a lot better than I thought it would be going by the preview. Very little was removed too which was extremely refreshing...the pace was amazingly only about 1.5 chapters, it really felt like the "perfect" pacing for once. If the pacing was like this the entire show I wouldn't have any complaints (although it'd mean we wouldnt have been at this point until episode 32 or something)

I was especially impressed in the level detail of Envy's transformation. I'd always expected that to be far more simple compared to the manga incarnation but going by this episode AND next week's preview (which looks even better somehow) they've kept the detail up really well. It was hard to tell in the raw though but I did think I saw a hint of CGI, but it still looked good.

+Quote Post
Womie
post Sep 27 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 69,364

Great episode. Can't wait for the next one ;DD.
Everything was good. And Ed was too funny ;p

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Sep 27 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

I'm disappointed in some aspect:
- Shouldn't Ling, Ed and Envy be covered in something called blood? I mean, they are pratically bathing in blood since the begining of the episode and they still look clean!
- Hawkeye was strange, but that's not new, so was Mustang. It seems like they put all the budget on Envy's new form!

The Ishval flashback was awesome (like every Ishval flashbacks!) and I loved the mood at the end of episode (the music with the Roytachi split up, Envy's form, etc.)

But overall I liked it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Sep 27 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Best episode so far IMO.

Envy's confession to starting the Ishval war was deliciously vile and creepy. Props to Minami Takayama.

And his true form, while CGI, looked quite good.

Also, the music in this episode was excellent. Brotherhood is starting to match up to the first series in the music department.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Sep 27 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Just watched the subs and oh WOW is all I can say. This episode was absolutely amazing! I've been DYING to see this arc and they've really done it justice. Envy was amazingly evil and creepy and just...I don't even know the words for it. That poor Ishbalan child though...she was so pretty! It's sad really they showed it, but it was nice to see it. Also, does anybody else think that Mei-chan is just adorable in this anime? I think she's just beyond precious and her voice actress does such a good job with her. She sounds so CUTE!! Xiao Mei is adorable too. xD Envy's form was done really well, but I wish they wouldn't have made him all green. When I saw him the first time in the manga, I remembered picturing him in green yes, but also with more gruesome fleshy tones and maybe like raw red tones as well. I was a little disappointed that he seemed so bland there. Also another nitpick is that Ed and Ling should like be totally covered in blood considering how much they've been thrown into it and splashed around in it. <.< Other than those two small things, this episode was just incredibly well done. I couldn't help but feel for poor Mustang when everybody was separated from him. The expression on his face was almost heart breaking. Bradley...heartless cow. Anyway, thumbs up again, BONES! Great episode and can't WAIT for next week's!!

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Sep 27 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #29

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Just watched the Eclipse Sub. Here are my thoughts :

-Envy's true form seemed much more detailed and scary in the manga.

-I don't remember the Fuhrer talking about Elicia like that, but it was a nice touch. (to make you hate him more)

-I also don't remember him telling Roy "She will be your weakness" in the manga???

-The episode went by so quickly. Am I the only one who finds that the eps from the first series were much longer???

- I CANNOT WAIT FOR Ling's evolution into Greed!!! biggrin.gif !!!!!

-The flashback of Envy shooting the Ishbalan child was well done. I love how they handle the color schemes in the flashbacks.

Overall, a good episode, a lot happened I guess. But not a favorite. Eh....its moving along though. I CANNOT WAIT for BRIGGS! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Sep 27 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Oh my God.
This episode sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before.
Just kidding. This is my favorite FMA arc of all time, so I was prepared to be extremely nitpicky, but I was so blown away by everything that I didn't really care how they didn't keep in Ed shooting the gun.

Favorite bits/side thoughts:

- ELRIC TELEPATHHYYY/Ling: You're on your own.
- Ed threatening Ling that he'll leave him behind. I like how they didn't use it as a slapstick moment.
- I like the extra part with Ed yelling that he had a metal foot. This is kinda weird, but it's the first time in a while (in any FMA medium) that I really got the SENSE that Ed has metal limbs. If anybody gets that.
- Poor Ed, realizing that he might never see Al again. Yay, "brotherhood" oh dur hur hur I suck.
- Transitions are very nice and clever in this episode (i.e. Ishval to Scar.) And lol, Kung Fu Panda.
- Did psycho Envy remind anybody of the Joker? Especially with all that green hair.
- HO SHIZ--Envy's freaking Godzilla! I like how he's green, reminds me of "envy".
- Do the tumors have to be green, too? I thought they'd be fleshy or white.
- Is that CGI? I can't tell b/c of my incredibly dusty computer screen.
- The animation of Envy's true form is so...chaotic. I mean, I did get that sense from the manga, but this scene is like a Michael Bay film shot right.
- REALLY nice military music. It just might be even better than FMA 1's military music.
- Poor Mustang. Stupid Bradley.
- Love the circular pan with Al and Gluttony.

Yeah. I like this episode.

Does this mean we'll see a certain someone next episode? :DDDDDDDDD

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 07:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css