HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 17 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #22171

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Mustanghawk That's right- feel free to give us any answers you like, and you can even ask questions too! And welcome back!

Out of interest, yesterday I "pretended to be Roy", so to speak, and did a personality type test; a lot of things the result said were actually really true of Roy. If anyone's interested, it would be interesting to see if people get the same result as me; it would be interesting to see if we all have the same interpretation to his (and Riza's) character, or different ones. (I'll post the link to the quiz if anyone's interested in comparing notes. tongue.gif)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 17 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #22172

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Mustanghawk--Welcome back! A Pierrot's Aria seems to have explained things thoroughly (not that much explanation is needed, I hope!), so... yeah. Please join in if you have questions and/or answers!

A Pierrot's Aria--If it means I don't have to come up with another question for next week, I'm in! tongue.gif (This would probably generate far better discussion than anything I'm thinking of, anyway.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 17 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #22173

Group Icon

Heheh! tongue.gif

This is the quiz.

For Roy I got ENTJ type. And these extracts stuck out for me:

"ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people."

"ENTJs are very career-focused"

"The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals."

But there were some other points I was a little dubious about....

And it also says that ideal jobs for ENTJs are:
-Management in Business or Education
-Politics
-Military Education
-Finance

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 17 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #22174

For Roy, I got ENFJ, and I think that he walks a pretty fine line between F and T for the third one, so I'm not surprised. I don't think I can accurately summarize what I found online, but the "title" of the ENFJ is pretty telling "The Giver".

Not that Roy's a door mat or anything--I just think he deals fairly well with most people, but he's also very calculating, so, like I said, I was walking the line between ENFJ and ENTJ with him.

One of the jobs listed was "lawyer/attorney", so all is not lost! I didn't completely get him all wrong! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 17 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #22175

Group Icon

I just read the profile of an ENFJ and I have to say, I think it seems to fit, especially on the aspect of emotion; on the result I got it suggested that ENTJs don't really get tuned into people's feelings which I don't think is true of Roy- I think some of the things on my result were a little too harsh for him but seemed to be spot on where reaching goals was concerned.

So I agree that there seems to be a mixture of the two going on, but I think that overall, ENFJ is more accurate.

Here are some extracts of ENFJ

"ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are."

"ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others."

ENFJ Profile

--------------------

+Quote Post
MustangSally
post Jan 17 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #22176

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,730

I can see Roy as a lawyer, definitely. A crusading lawyer, or yes a non-corrupt do-gooder politician. Those are so "Roy", I can even think up anything else. smile.gif

I can actually see Riza as a cop. Which is funny because it kind of switches up the typical male cop/female lawyer romantic equation of so many tv shows/movies. smile.gif But I really can see her as a cop.

+Quote Post
Lightning Flame ...
post Jan 18 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #22177

Citizen

Member No.: 76,138

hmmm yeh, roy as a politician tongue.gif but a lawyer? :| i don't really think so smile.gif

and thanks for the warm welcomes ^___^

i swear this thread moves along too fast :|

--------------------
"When you kill your enemy, don't look away. Look at them straight in the eye, and don't forget them because they won't forget you."

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #22178

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Welcome, Lightning Flame Alchemist!! ^^

Hey!! You're making the Myers-Briggs personality test?? cool! lol It doesn't mean much, but it's very fun to take!! lol

I would think Riza would be a INTJ, as weird as it might seem for the N... But I have a reason to do so: although Riza is a very practical person, she is an idealistic driven one. Sensitive people would not follow some crazy dream with no real prospects, they only follow (or mainly follow) things that are factual, they don't believe in theories, in ideas, in dreams...
The other categories I think are self-explanatory, in her case.

I would say that Roy would be a ENFP, although not always an E. Extroverted people are usually open people, who say what they think and feel and, more than anything else, are able to establish connections easily with the outside world more than with their "internal one". (and I know that because I am an E myself) and as "outgoing" as Roy may be, that doesn't mean he's actually "Extroverted". There are those introverted people who are extremely outgoing, but that don't "connect" easily with others and are not very open to their thoughts and ideas...

This categories are not exactly appearance driven, they are more on a "decision making" (and that's why internet tests are not effective to pinpoint your Type) and, in that sense, Roy can be an I just as strongly as an E.
The N, I think, it's self-explanatory, but the F... Again, this is a "decision making" test and, so, Roy is not rational when it comes to decision making. He's strategic, alright, but his decisions are emotional driven, has always been. He took Ed in the military emotionally, have tried to kill Envy emotionally, has even decided to become Führer due to emotion.
He's smart, of course, but his motivations are emotional.

But I personally don't believe much in this test, cause these things change! They put in a category as if you'll act like that all the time, for the rest of your life, but it's not like that. I've changed categories in this test like a hundred times, depending on my situation and disposition. My relationship with my BF, for example, made me change to a more S person, and studying Philosophy makes me be more of a N person... And I might be an E, but I have many "I moments". (and I mean MANY, like, at least once a day)...
So, it's like only a fun thing to do, but it's not by any means determinant.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 06:21 AM
Post #22179

Group Icon

^I don't believe much in the test either because I think some of the questions are too black and white, among the other reasons you have listed; I agree entirely with what you say- but it is fun to take and I'd thought it'd be interesting nonetheless. tongue.gif Kinda like those silly tests to see what element you are and all that jazz, haha!

It's interesting how we're getting similar-ish results- everyone's input seems to be narrowing it down (I think I was too harsh with some questions tongue.gif But it is interesting to see how people are answering them according to how they think Roy/Riza would.)

Good thinking for Riza, too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #22180

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jan 18 2011, 11:21 AM) *
^I don't believe much in the test either because I think some of the questions are too black and white, among the other reasons you have listed; I agree entirely with what you say- but it is fun to take and I'd thought it'd be interesting nonetheless. tongue.gif Kinda like those silly tests to see what element you are and all that jazz, haha!

It's interesting how we're getting similar-ish results- everyone's input seems to be narrowing it down (I think I was too harsh with some questions tongue.gif But it is interesting to see how people are answering them according to how they think Roy/Riza would.)

Good thinking for Riza, too!

Yeah, it is fun ^^

And it can be useful for fanfics as well... ^^ But since my bf is a therapist, I tend to be a little demanding on that area... lol

What I thought was funny is that, in my analysis, Roy and Riza are practically opposites, aside from both being Intuitives, which, in fact, is quite close to reality, I think: what unite them is their dream and goal, but they have nearly opposite tempers... sorta complementary! lol

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 18 2011, 08:55 AM
Post #22181

Turdaewen--You're aliiiive! smile.gif It's been so long since I've seen you post! Riza as an INTJ sounds perfectly logical to me.

I think that it's more of a spectrum. Saying you're one or the other, but not by how much, really skews your perception of people. For instance, I'm an ENTP. Fits me pretty nicely most of the time, but I can also be an INTP or an ENFP.

There was another personality test my mom had us take for fun--the "True Colors" test--that creates an order out of orange, yellow, green, and blue. (I was mostly green, then blue, then yellow, then orange, not that this will mean anything if you don't know.) While it does do the classification thing, it takes into account by how much you are of each color, relative to the others. Depending on a lot of factors, sometimes, a trait from your least dominant color presents.

Granted, this can change over time just as easily as the Myers-Briggs, but I felt it gave me a more accurate read on myself.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #22182

State Alchemist (Major)

Yay! \o/ It's good to be back! ^^

ANY personality tests can change, actually, cause, when it comes to psychological behavior, there actually no real categorization. Even to a person who's said to be insane or an schizophrenic or psychopath... (I mean, Van Gogh was considered to be a schizophrenic, for example, and yet, he's one of the biggest geniuses of painting) A test can never fully understand a person and, even in extreme cases, an experience or a relationship that that person has can change everything. In a sense, "if everyone is different, what can be considered 'normal' or 'sane'?"

Sometimes, labeling someone can be a bad thing, cause people change and everyone sees differently. Each person has their own dynamics, so these labels only exist to help in studying and understanding the psyche, but, in modern psychology, should never be taken into account in practice.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #22183

Group Icon

Gosh, I never expected nor meant for us to go into deep psychological analysis...tongue.gif I just wanted to see if we answered the questions similarly. laugh.gif

Time for a really non-serious, silly, strange, random question to lighten the mood: What kind of drunks do you think Roy and Riza would make? And what kind of booze would they be drinking? laugh.gif

Roy, I'd imagine would be a very down if he was drunk alone. But not before he tells everyone around him how much he loves them. laugh.gif Then again, particularly when Hughes was alive, I could imagine them getting drunk together being the jovial drunks that sing together as they're walking home. I'm being influenced by the anime and manga here, but I can only imagine him drinking Whiskey/Brandy and similar drinks, as well as beer.

Riza- it's too hard to imagine her getting drunk. But if she ever did, I'd imagine she'd be a quiet, sleepy drunk...On the other hand, I think it could cause a fun side to come out; I could also imagine her up there on the dance floor. I could see Riza drinking wine- I think she's elegant like that.

Remember, you don't have to be too serious when approaching these questions- even think of it as if they were getting completely sloshed one night, what would you imagine they'd be like?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 18 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #22184

State Alchemist (Major)

I guess that Riza would be the sort of "non-drunk" drunk. The one that keeps to herself so that noone actually notices she's drunk. But, at the same time, I don't see Riza getting drunk, either. She seems like the kind of person who's self controlled enough to stop drinking before getting drunk. Like those people who only got drunk once in their lifetime and got smart enough to know their limit and not wanting to going over it again. She's definitely a social/for the taste drinker, not quantity.

But I don't think Roy is that recurrent drunk people tend to put in fanfics, either. I see him as an occasional drunk, since he's probably so used to drinking, its actually not that easy to make him drunk. But, it depends... The FMA 1 Roy drinks to forget, the manga one doesn't seem to: he's more of a bar drinker. I don't think he would be much different while drunk than he normally is... maybe just a little more nostalgic, maybe, or more prone to spurt out things. I guess we can say he's the sort of "serious drunk"... but not depressed, I think depressed would be only the FMA 1 Roy.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 18 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #22185

Group Icon

"Non-drunk" drunk! I like it! laugh.gif I can still imagine a party animal waiting to get out. I don't imagine her getting drunk that often (maybe just once ever, as you say,) but I can still imagine if she ever did get drunk, that she'd 'let her hair down' because I don't think she's as stern as some people think she is...(But thats just me!)

I see where you're getting at with Roy; perhaps depressed is too strong a word where Manga!Roy is concerned, but I think if he would even feel a little down, you know, due to memories and all that jazz- but this would be if he was drinking alone, which I don't see Roy doing, really. I've never seen him as a recurrent drunk either- a lot of fanfics portray him as some sort of promiscuous drunkard...I've never thought that to be the case. wink.gif

Touching on what I said before, I think Roy would also be a cheery drunk when with close friends- I can just imagine the whole of Mustang's team with arms around each other's shoulders, singing as they stumble down the streets of Central. (excluding Riza if my party animal idea doesn't catch on! Haha! (JK) laugh.gif in a situation like that I see her as the disgruntled designated driver who secretly smiles and Roy looking temporarily so carefree/drunk. xD)

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 07:46 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css