HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 6: Road Of Hope - Content Discussion Thread,, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 6 episodes!
Rating 5 V
Vagrant
post May 13 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,830

QUOTE (Imbris @ May 13 2009, 09:40 AM) *
and it isn't even canon!
This made me chuckle for some reason. XD

As if someone out there was going "What?! This wasn't in the manga!"

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rocktigerlilly
post May 13 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 65,892

QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 12 2009, 12:42 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 12 2009, 05:03 AM) *
Yeah, that "Fullmetal Alchemist!" guy was more obnoxious than usual this episode.

LOL I noted that too... I was like - Shut up you!

He was definitely louder - so loud that he managed to startle me and my dogs!

I don't know if I'll ever get used to that guy....

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post May 14 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^Those bits make me laugh so much. happy.gif
It's just like...why???

The way they cut to the adverts last series was much better, with the FMA icon-thingy in the corner of the screen. That was all we needed!

+Quote Post
Cerulean San
post May 14 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 52,504

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ May 10 2009, 10:53 AM) *
That scene where Ed was popping up all over the place in the Winry workplace reminded me of that episode of Inuyasha when Inuyasha was pestering Kagome while she was trying to study. XD (Can't remember which episode that was.) Since I read the manga, I could pretty much guess what they were talking about most of the time, but I can't wait to see it subbed.

Holy crap, where did you get your signature picture from? *A* AlMei OTP~

--------------------
Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell
Canonly pwns your OTP

Icon made by me.

DeviantART Account
Icon Journal
Fanfiction

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post May 14 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Haven't posted here in a looooong time but I just felt that I had to write something about the new season. In short: It's awesome.

But the only reason that is, is because I am a long time fan who loves the manga as well as the previous series. I feel well at home in the FMA-universe; I know all about the story and the characters and ther traits (and quirks). And I love it. If I didn't, or if I weren't previoulsy acquainted with it, all the impressions, emotional scenes and whatnot would be severely less punch-packing. Bones seems to be basing this seasons primary source of emotinal weight on the knowledge that all of the viewers mostly consist of FMA longtimers, who will scream with joy just seeing their favourite manga-panels coming to life. I get that. I feel the same way.

But it's hard, really hard, to ignore the fact that this series could be so much better.
Some of the directing in the 6 episodes sofar has been downright poor, especially early on. Some, hm, conceptual choices and ideas doesn't really seem fitting, such as Cornello going all Supersize me with the stone, the 24-ish split-screens in the same episode, the somewhat inconsistent animation (sometimes awesome, sometimes completely weird, although this is probably not done intentionally) and the odd placement of jokes.

I have to give it some credit though, so I don't come off all pessimistic-sounding. For most of the time, the animation really is fantastic. And so is the music. And the voice-acting.

So summed up: Yeah, this is fanservice. At its best. And being a fan, I'm loving it. But at the same time... yeah, I just wished it would be a little less safe-play. And that it would generate actual emotions on it's own.

Sort of.

And on another note, whoever it was that said the music in episode 6 made it sound like everything took place in a "ristorante" on an Italian piazza, well, thanks a lot. If I hadn't read that one comment, I never would have noticed. Now, I couldn't stop thinking about it while watching dry.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 14 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Shaddy @ May 14 2009, 03:43 PM) *
And on another note, whoever it was that said the music in episode 6 made it sound like everything took place in a "ristorante" on an Italian piazza, well, thanks a lot. If I hadn't read that one comment, I never would have noticed. Now, I couldn't stop thinking about it while watching dry.gif

Sorry!

It's just that one piece they played when Pinako was talking to Armstrong. Eventually it lapsed into the vocal version, though, which is a bit better. Back in episode 3 it was just annoying as hell when it played during Alphonse's talk with Rose.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post May 15 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 14 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Sorry!

You better be, dammit! Now I'm going to feel like I'm on a sightseeing tour munching on an Italian dessert every time that piece starts playing tongue.gif

It didn't bother me at all when Al was talking to Rose in episode 3, though. I don't know if the piece itself was a bit different then, or if it was because of the warm sunset-ish coloured surroundings, but I felt it had a more latin sound back then, which was way cooler wink.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 20 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

so um has anyone been making new threads for the dubbed episodes or has discussion moved here happy.gif"

Brice Armstrong return as the voice of Marcoh in ep 6, and he seemed better and improved..

Overall I thought the episode was well done. Not excellent, not horrible, but well-done.

But, I HATE the music they played when they got on the train in the end. It's like one of those things you should hear ONCE like in the intro of an episode.

This post has been edited by Tombow: Mar 21 2010, 06:43 AM
Reason for edit: Merged post contents that were spread over a few consecutive posts to one post. Also fixed unintentional double posting as a result of moved posts. :)

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 21 2010, 03:14 AM
Post #69

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Mar 21 2010, 01:02 AM) *
...Or, were other posts before mine moved to the dubbing topic?

@Bag of Magic Food - No, those posts have been moved to here, "Episode 6 discussion" thread, and subsequently, resulting three near consecutive postings by the same poster with mostly single line comment on each post were then merged into one post.
And, just for your information, the merging of double posting is a standard procedure on our board, and also when the situation calls for it, the merging of near consecutive posts with short/single comment on each post by the same poster within a short duration may be done also. smile.gif

As for your post, (quoted below) as per your request, it has been move to "FMA: Brotherhood English Dub/VA Discussions" thread.
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Mar 21 2010, 01:02 AM) *
Ah well, this show didn't even give him a chance to say, "You're going to die right here, monster!"

If you have any other questions, or things you may get confused about, please feel free to PM me, or any of the Mods. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Mar 21 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

not to much happened. Marcoh's voice was fitting. Winry's voice was good, until she was going on and on about why automail was great. Then she sounded a bit annoying. but I like her "whoopsie" at the end.
Yay, the show is moving on!!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 30 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #71

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Here's something that took me a little while to figure out. You know when Major Armstrong calls out to Doctor Marcoh, and Marcoh turns around and goes "OSHI-"

Originally there were only 4 frames to Dr. Marcoh's animation, and each one slowly faded into the next even as the camera zoomed in smoothly. Well, it seems somebody went back and drew in-between frames for that moment. I was able to pick out as many as 14 distinct frames of animation in the Adult Swim video. They still fade into each other for that dramatic blur-motion effect, but now it's a whole lot of quick little blurs. Both animations have the same 1st frame, then the new 5th frame looks identical to the old 2nd frame, and the new 10th frame looks identical to the old 3rd frame except for a tiny sliver of shadow gone missing from under the jacket collar. But the new animation doesn't appear to end on exactly the same frame as the old one--maybe they didn't want him to turn his shoulder quite as far?

To avoid flooding the page with images, I went to the trouble of picking out every non-faded frame and compiling them all into animated gifs.

By the way, this bit of writing coming out of squeezed-Ed that was blanked out in the American version... Does it really spell "Gyaah!"?

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 5 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #72

Group Icon

If you missed it before, catch up this episode on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight (1:00 am - 1;30 am EDST). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 22 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #73

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on again on Adult Swim (U.S.) later tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 29 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on again on Adult Swim (U.S.) later tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css