HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What & Why Do You Hate About Yaoi?
What do you hate about yaoi?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 64
Guests cannot vote 
Raichi
post Aug 16 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,870

I don't dislike it, when i turned 16 i got into a phase where i became a yaoi/shounen-ai fangirl, but now I'm opening up to straight couples more.

I think the reason I disliked straight couples when I was younger, was because I think until my 12th age I still fell in love with anime characters. (weird huh? i thought real people weren't pretty enough so i was all into anime characters)

Now that I'm 19 I've still never fallen in love with someone, but I did fell attraction to some handsome people so I guess that's a start. Either way, since the past two years or so I've become less gender focussed. So in the past I couldn't stand straight couples in anime, but now I actually think it's great when there are straight couples in anime. I'm also not that much of a yaoi fan anymore, I still like it, but I used to be a crazy naruto yaoi fangirl that liked any male X male naruto pairing (wrong, very very wrong xD)

Now I'm not just less gender focussed, I also think girl x girl pairings can be cute, and I'm much more canon focussed. As long as the characters bend to each other in the story it's good, and now I think it's very wrong when two characters get paired that would never pair IC.

Most fan-yaoi comics are also very OOC, which is not cool. A doujinshi should have IC characters, if it doesn't you're just stealing the physical design, clothes and names for your own OC's.

SO yeah, I'm still a yaoi fangirl, but not when the characters are OOC or with non canon couples. When I see EdxAl I feel very disturbed, mainly because I have brothers and sisters myself and it sickenes me to think of ever having to *puke*
Then again, the yaoi-fangirl in me still goes 'aaawwww cute' whenever i see EdxAl shounen-ai, even though it's bothering me because they are siblings.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Aug 16 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

I voted other, considering I sorta like yaoi (in truth, I'm more into bara these days... big, hairy, muscular men... =v=), but I find it utterly silly lately, aside from all the other reasons above:

1. They're all always so pretty and feminine and... hairless (I know they're supposed to be bishounen, but teenagers tend to at least have some body hair).
2. Most of the time, the boys aren't gay, which makes me wonder why they're with guys in the first place (I wouldn't put it past some boys to experiment/fall in love with another guy despite being straight, but they don't even try to make it plausible, and it happens so often that it seems more like a fad that's about to go out of style).
3. I'm not gonna lie, the sex is pretty ridiculous sometimes.
4. The plots sometimes seem really silly. And, to be honest, most of the yaoi manga I've read tend to have two of the following plots:
~ a. They've known each other for a while and through a series of dramatic and life-changing events they realize they love each other and have sex and BABIES LOL j/k, mpreg is creepy.
~ b. They meet, sleep together, sometimes a relationship develops, sometimes it doesn't, but it's all good because it's two pretty boys and yaaaaaay~
5. The fandom tends to be all 'OMG [insert pairing here] IS SO kiwi DESU AND ANYBDY WHO SEZ OTHERWISE IS DISCRIMINATING AGAINST GAY PPL', which is very shameful for more respectful fans. Very shameful indeed.
6. ONCE THE SHIPPING GOGGLES ARE ON, THEY DON'T COME OFF.
7. It's shounen-ai + some sex.

And those are the reasons that I hate yaoi. ^^;

EDIT: Since when is k*waii something that needs to be censored? 8| I guess it's just -that- annoying...

I know the board does censor some swear words, but please refrain from using them if you can. That way we can keep it as a PG site. Thanks. ~Scar
Reason for edit: Took out some inappropriate language :)

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Aug 17 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

I have no problems with Yaoi when it's canon. I'm not a great fan of it myself, but I don't have a problem it it. But I don't really like Yaoi fanfiction that turns two straight characters who already have significant others gay for the enjoyment of fangirls/fanboys, usually making them so OOC in the process. And it bugs me when they give no real reason why the two characters supposedly are in love - that also applies to straight couples as well. I don't like pairing random characters together just for the sake of having them in a relationship with someone.

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Emily_BrokenAnge...
post Oct 1 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 32,325

I guess this will be the eternal discussion rolleyes.gif

At the beginning, I didn┤t like it. I hated it with all my soul...
And now, I just don┤t like it, but I accept it o ˛

To be more specific:
Really, I hate the fans more. Especially the rabid ones who immediately hate the lead female because supposdly she "gets in the way" of their OTP.

Agree with that. Seriously....if the mangaka didn┤t make the main character or any character gay, you just accept it, and not start to lead a squad as a rebelion -,-
It┤s Winry┤s fault? It┤s Sakura┤s (Naruto) fault? It┤s Rukia┤s fault?
NO! They┤re only the female characters and in some cases, the girlfriends of the main one.

The reality is...that they┤re just pieces of paper ˙ u (too bad)

Besides, I dunno why, but I feel kinda frustrated when I see those beautiful yaoi fan arts
and some yaoi fan fiction, because they have excellent ideas and a real gift for the arts.
They┤re gifted and they write or draw yaoi, instead of drawing real things about the serie u u

Anyway, I accept yaoi and respect the different opinions about it...

--------------------

Hey there!! Are you a fan of Armony or EdXArmony?! Join us at our club!!. Im the president or agent , Nekokitty is the vice-president and Herumastaa Kanaru is our secretary
If you want to join us, please PM one of us. Also, when you become a member, put "Im a member of the EdXArmony club" or something similar in your signature xD

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 21 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #80

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

It's not that I'm anti-yaoi or dislike it, I just hate the reasoning for why people normally like it. People will take two characters that are clearly straight and pair them up because they "think it'd be hot". They take two guys from any anime that are rivals or allies or just plain hate each other and pair them up, even if they have canon love interests or something. That's why I usually hate it. However, I'm not against yaoi itself.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
fmaexpert
post Feb 7 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 58,781

i don't hate it, it's just when there are pairings THAT DONT MAKE SENSE BUT ARE TOO POPULAR TO BE CONSIDERED CRACK >.>

that and some people just jump right into it- sometimes making up feeling that dont exist, like characters hate each other then put them together then BAM! they suddenly love each other- um.... where did that come from?

if the creator didnt want them to be gay, then they're not gay

those are my reasons anyway.

--------------------
my deviant: http://fmaxp3rt.deviantart.com/

my friend's blog (i said i would help her and advertising is helping~): click here! especially if you're a writer!

*insert awesome sig here*

+Quote Post
Chizakura
post Apr 23 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 79,934

Not so much into yaoi (or any explicit content), but I really like BL a lot. I don't like it when people MAKE characters gay just for the sake of having a gay couple though, I find it irritating. I like canon BL, or plausible couples. It doesn't have to be canon, just so long as it makes sense where if someone mentioned the couple you'd think "Oh yeah, I could see that happening."
If it's a nonsensical pairing, then it isn't those two characters anymore, it's two homosexuals with names you got from a book/show/game/whatever.

Of course, I stopped reading fanfiction years ago. But this irritation will still crop up on deviantART now and then. xD (As in the drawings. I don't read anything on dA)

+Quote Post
DarkMessenger
post Apr 24 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #83

Citizen

Member No.: 80,165

There's nothing I really "hate" about Yaoi. I just don't like couples with characters that never met (for example). It's okay when it's AU and Humor or a challenge or something, but otherwise, I don't really like that.
But well, if someone likes it though, that's okay with me. It's FANart and FANfiction.
What I really dislike, are rabid fans who hate and flame everyone who doesn't like their OTP. Oo I mean, WTH.

--------------------
Ignorance is bliss, cherish it.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Copyright ę2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css