HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post Nov 3 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #18736

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Nov 3 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Just a Q for all of you - which ONE scene/chapter related to Royai are you most looking forward to seeing animated?

My A - Ch.95 scene. (Ch.101 may top that, but we'll have to see). It'll be a while, though.

Either Ch. 72 - the phone call or Ch. 74 - coded message lunch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Nov 3 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #18737

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

Hmm, which scene am I most looking forward to. That's a tough one.

I'd really like to see the phone conversation from Chapter 72. That's a scene I've been wanting to see animated ever since I first read the chapter. The fact that Mustang could tell something was wrong pretty much straight away, and Hawkeye's little "perfect timing" quote makes me all warm and fuzzy inside biggrin.gif

Chapter 94/95 would be right up there too, but yeah, the phone conversation for me.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 3 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #18738

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yeah... definitly the sequence of chapters 93-95

And Roy's eyes are black (which mean they're probably a very dark brown/grey), and that's a real color. But the blue thing, well, that's actually something out of characterization of the emotion expressed at certain points, since, in all colored pages and in the anime, when Roy's not transfigured by fear or anger, his eyes are always black.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 3 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #18739

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

My top "OMG they've gotta animate this" scene, hmm? It was actually Roy vs. Lust. That was what I had always wanted to see from the beginning. And it turned out quite well, I think.

If you mean the stuff that has yet to be animated (or at least broadcast), I'd definitely go with chapters 93-95. The phone call in 72 is a really sweet moment, though.

If I may, though, Roy's eyes could also be a very dark blue. I know several people (all from SE Asia, if that makes any difference) whose eyes are very nearly navy blue, and it's not just the light reflecting off of them. Mine also used to be quite dark blue until I was about two or three. (Anglo-Saxon babies and their blue eyes... sheesh!) Again, just saying.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 3 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #18740

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Aww... I don't know... I guess seeing Roy really lose it and using both his gloves... it's something nothing can beat. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Nov 3 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #18741

Major General

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:33 PM) *
If I may, though, Roy's eyes could also be a very dark blue. I know several people (all from SE Asia, if that makes any difference) whose eyes are very nearly navy blue, and it's not just the light reflecting off of them.

That was another idea that I had for Roy, as my PPP Roy figure, the eyes are a midnight blue color. It could be totally plausible, as midnight blue itself is almost nearly black for the most part.

Then again, I'd prefer some sort of official confirmation rather than basing it off of some manga pages that were simply colored.

As for my own eyes, they're a reddish-light brown color that changes with lighting tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Nov 3 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #18742

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

You know, I was actually really looking forward to Bones animating young Riza and Roy from just this last episode, but they really cut so much out that it just ruined it for me. sad.gif
Oh well, let's just hope they do better with some of their other great stuff. They have a lot of really good material in the future.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Nov 3 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #18743

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

I'm most looking forward to the sequence with chapter 94 and 95. I think that if Bones is smart, they'll try to use it to top episode 19. *hopes* Still, those scenes were second on my list of things I wanted to see animated the most. Episode 19 was number one, so I was really excited when it turned out so well! Though, episode 30 was third on the list, so I'm a little bummed out it didn't go quite as I hoped, but all of the main Royai moments I wanted (with the exception of the "please burn my back" scene which I think will show up in the next ep) were there, though slightly shortened. I'm also really excited for the post-Pride scene where they talk on the phone.... Even this next episode with "They even took away my queen" ranks up there.... There's still some good Royai to come!

+Quote Post
spectator
post Nov 3 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #18744

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

One more week ppl and I'm ready for the heart attack!

Am I the only one who doesn't like the eyecatch for the latest episode? It seemed awkward to me.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 3 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #18745

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Lolz, RoyEd is a fangirls dream! ohmy.gif Two hAwt and smexy guyz you don't have to share with Winry or Riza, all in one fic!

@spectacor I like the first eyecatch eoth young Riza very much, she has the gentleness of features she usually lacks in Brotherhood. The second one is... not sure I'd be able to turn my neck and body in that angle.

What I want to see animated? As well as everyone else the whole Pride exchange - scared Riza and then phonecall from Roy (and Roy overflowed woth roses, in his motorbike shawl). Chapter 94/95. Number 3 would be chapter 89 - just to see all the Mustang-tachi finally together again, Black Hayate included!
(And probably, if the outcome is positive, chapter 100/101... but for now not sure)

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Nov 3 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #18746

Major General

QUOTE (spectator @ Nov 3 2009, 05:50 PM) *
Am I the only one who doesn't like the eyecatch for the latest episode? It seemed awkward to me.

To me, both eyecatches work. The first one, which features young Riza, it's innocent and quiet, as she's revealing the tattoo to an equally young Roy.

The second one, is Riza as she is now, which is a grown woman. For me, the pose is two-fold as it's semi-erotic as you can see a good portion of her naked torso without really seeing it, which illustrates that she is indeed a grown woman.

The second part about the eyecatch that attracts my attention is the pained, haunted expression on her face. The tattoo itself has been quite the burden as she is responsible for the creation of the Flame Alchemist. And the way she's bent over, plus the look on her face and eyes, to me, seems like she's carrying all that weight on her shoulders in a physical sense.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Nov 3 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #18747

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

The scene that I've always been most excited to see was the phone convo in 72. But if the word is that they didn't do the scene justice I won't watch it; I just want good memories of that part lol.

My eyes change a little...well, it also depends on who's looking. I've heard people tell me grayish, green, and hazel ^^; so it could just depend on personal preference/the way we see things (in terms of Roy's eyes). I always thought they were black.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Nov 3 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #18748

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Oh gosh... how can I pick which scene I want to see most?! All of them? biggrin.gif But one of my favorites was Ishval, and that came and went without any impact at all. sleep.gif I'm still hoping that they'll stick that one scene in somewhere where Riza asks Roy to burn her back... but I have no clue. Also the phone call, definitely... and chapters 93-95... same as everyone else, pretty much! Those are the best moments!

As for the eyecatch, I have to agree with Kale... I thought the second eyecatch was just as gorgeous as the first. In the second image we can see that Riza has become a woman, and with it she's gained new scars, and the huge burden of terrible memories in Ishval, something that no person should ever have to deal with. But she has, and it shows in her eyes... it was a really beautiful picture! Bones has been having a difficult time with Riza's character design, which annoys me to no end, but they nailed it with these images. I love them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 3 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #18749

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Amen to Riza having beautiful eyecatches! I agree that that's about the best job they've done with her thus far! (Not that everything else has been shoddy, but those eyecatches are amazing!)

As for eyes: Mine are ringed with the dark blue I had as a baby, going into a greenish hazel-type deal, and finally light brown in the center. But my driver's license says they're just plain old brown. T.T

Gah, now I'm getting all anxious for 101! My friend and I had lunch today and we were talking about it. I also told her about our epic miniskirt Roy moment, which she now wants to see. I should really get her to join...

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Nov 3 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #18750

Major General

Like I said earlier when ep. 30 aired, I appreciated seeing some super-hot, half-naked Riza in my eyecatches! cool.gif

Yes, I can be quite shallow. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:27 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css