Joined: 2-August 05
From: the TARDIS
Member No.: 18,681
Gender: Not Telling
- Well, my friends somehow convinced me into watching Twilight.... It wasn't completely horrible. It actually followed the book, but, eh.... The rabid fangirling was disturbing. And for some reason, there were a lot of dudes in the theatre. - Thanksgiving break is coming up. :3 - My friend got a 2320 on the SAT.... as a sophomore. I'm uber jealous. My other friend got a 2300.... another sophomore. I think my friends are all overachievers. Now I have to study legimately for the SATs because my friend who got the 2320 studyed a lot.... She ended up getting two 800s. [For anyone who's wondering why sophomores are taking the SATs, it's because we're all applying to NC School of Science and Math, a high school for juniors/seniors that's probably harder than college....]
just an ordinary kind of happy Graphics by Blitz ★ DeviantArt
Group: Moderating Admin
Joined: 28-May 04
Member No.: 16
QUOTE (mei_tenshi @ Nov 21 2008, 07:48 PM)
So much work to do this weekend! *so much pity for myself*
Just 5 more days until the next trip home! *so excited*
So close! You can do it!
QUOTE (Blitz @ Nov 21 2008, 08:41 PM)
- Well, my friends somehow convinced me into watching Twilight.... It wasn't completely horrible. It actually followed the book, but, eh.... The rabid fangirling was disturbing. And for some reason, there were a lot of dudes in the theatre.
- Whoever is in the practice of praying here, please pray for me because I need to write a stupid 12-page paper by Monday, and I haven't even finished reading over all of my research. - All this work explains why I'm here. - I HATE TWILIGHT.
SINCERELY, Quistis (Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)
This sentence says something else when you're not looking.
Joined: 6-December 04
Member No.: 3,343
My parents always said that American cars sucked, period. Fords included, of course.
Speaking of parents--I love my mom. Here is one reason why:
I was telling her (a few minutes ago) that the proofs for my senior portraits were online and we can look them over together when I come home for Thanksgiving. mei's mom: So you're brining your laptop with you, right? mei: Um, no, I don't really need it... mom: Don't you need to use the Internet to see the proofs? mei: I can use Dad's computer. mom: You won't be able to. He's always using it these days. mei: Oh... mom: Besides, what are you going to do without your laptop? [mei: Hang out with you...? ] You'd be bored out of your mind!
She knows me so well~
(Joking aside, I hope she doesn't really think her kids would rather be glued to our respective computers than share family time. If she really were serious...the implications scare me. )
Joined: 19-February 06
From: Tumblr tbh
Member No.: 31,492
So my mp3 player is acting up AGAIN. My only choice: Delete everything then re-sync it. I think it's a good idea, since there were a lot of songs I didn't want, so I can clean it out. Good thing I have a four-day weekend TwT.
I am sooo ready for a Thanksgiving dinner. I crave sweet potatoes and candied carrots...and turkey...and many other Thanksgiving related foods.
Been re-watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway?". Oh Colin...Colin Colin Colin
Joined: 18-February 06
From: Wrapped in my own Ego
Member No.: 31,420
Statistics of Twilight:
Number of Pages in the Book: 498 The First Hint of a Plot that Is Not Bella and Edward's Romance: page 328 When the Plot Actually Arrives: page 372
Boys that Totally Love Bella (Including Edward Cullen): 5
Approximate Amount of Time Bella and Edward are Romantically Involved Before Bella Is Begging Edward to Turn Her into a Vampire so They Can Be Together Forever: Like, two weeks. Maybe three. The timeline's a bit fuzzy.
References to Edward's Beauty: 165
Broken Down into the following categories -
* Face: 24 (Favorite adjectives: glorious, heavenly, seraphic) * Voice: 20 (The voice of an archangel, donchaknow.) * Eyes: 17 * Movement: 11 * Smile: 10 * Teeth: 8 * Muscles: 7 * Skin: 7 (Note: This only contains accounts of Edward's skin being beautiful. I didn't count references to it as "pale," "cold," or "white." If I had, this number would be about ten times larger.) * Iron Strength or Limbs: 5 * Breath: 4 (EVEN HIS BREATH IS AMAZING.) * Scent: 4 * Laughter: 3 * Handwriting: 2 * Chest: 2 * Driving Skills: 1
* Bella Is Clumsy or Makes a Reference to Her Clumsiness: 26 * Bella Sneers at Forks or Its Inhabitants: 22 * Bella is "Dazzled" or Rendered Speechless by Edward's Beauty or Touch: 17 * Edward Tells Bella to Stay Away from Him While Completely Contradicting Himself with His Behavior: 16 * Bella is Utterly Desolate at Edward's Absence: 12 * Edward and Bella Kiss: 8 o Bella's Hormones Get the Better of Her and She Attacks Edward, Almost Causing Him to Eat Her: 2 (She's not even allowed to kiss him back! Where's the fun in that?) o Edward's Kiss Makes Bella Faint: 1 o Edward's Kiss Makes Bella's Heart Literally Stop: 1 * Bella Thinks She Isn't Good Enough for Edward: 6 * Edward Is Referred to As Godlike: 5 (Note: This number might be off, as I didn't start counting until three or four mentions in.) * Edward Tells Bella She's Unnatural: 5 * Edward Sparkles: 3 * Bella is in Mortal Danger: 3 o Edward Saves Bella from Mortal Danger: 3 * Edward Stalks Bella, For Real: 2 (Note: One of these instances involves watching her sleep every night for, like, months.) * Bella says "Holy Crow!": 2 * Bella and Edward Argue About Who Loves the Other Most: 1 * Edward's Inability to Read Bella's Mind is Explained: 0
People who spend their time bashing Twilight may even have less of a life than the obsessed fangirls themselves. It's not like the Twi-fans are even going to listen to the Twi-haters. I'm sick of both the bashing and the squealing. @__@
Nicktoons is showing every single episode of Avatar this weekend. Hopefully I have enough space on my DVR to save all the episodes. >.>U
C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands. my deviantART