HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
AndroidLust
post Jul 13 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #16921

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (RizaXRoy @ Jul 13 2009, 09:23 PM) *
@spectator: Btw, we also got lot of Riza-different-dressings in the manga if compared to first anime, I can't wait to see these in Brotherhood!! biggrin.gif

I`m excited to see the new outfits too. However, the one thing that`s always bothered me about FMA is the somewhat lack of creative fashion. Some designs are great, don`t get me wrong. Winry gets cute outfits sometimes. And I love how the military uniforms are regal but conventional at the same time. But in a world that`s supposed to be post-Idustrial Revolution but before WWII(?) (I can never remember the exact era FMA takes place in) I feel that Arakawa could have a lot of fun designing outfits. I`m not saying they`d have to adhere to the time period, but it would be nice to see Riza in an pretty shapeless dropwaist instead a plain black skirt and waist jacket. Though I do remember Arakawa saying she thinks women should be curvy (ergo, the pencil skirts) and I have a feeling fashion design is not really her thing. Though I did always love this picture. And Bones can be creative when designing posters, calenders, ect.

That dress she wears in the game (it appears to be a cheongsam) can be somewhat compared to the Paul Poiret orientalism that was popular during the Edwardian era. Though I`m not sure if she`s wearing that specific style for a reason or it`s just what they decided to put on her for a formal event or something.
Okay, fashion rant over. :3

QUOTE (RizaXRoy @ Jul 13 2009, 09:23 PM) *
personally think FMA game Dream carnival Royai ending Barry-Riza-Roy scene is MUCH better than the Brotherhood, at least we are able to see a jealousy Roy tongue.gif

Ahh, such a good scene. :3 Roy was so upset! What a fun game, if only i understood a bit of Japanese.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 13 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #16922

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Well, I'm a huge fan of Riza's ensemble that she wore from the Barry encounter...the height of the slit of her skirt is hot as well as functional (horray for more hidden guns on Riza!).

smile.gif

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 13 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #16923

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 14 2009, 07:58 AM) *
Well, I'm a huge fan of Riza's ensemble that she wore from the Barry encounter...the height of the slit of her skirt is hot as well as functional (horray for more hidden guns on Riza!).

Why do I have the suspiscion that Roy wouldn't just be thinking about the hidden guns...

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 13 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #16924

Major General

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 13 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Why do I have the suspiscion that Roy wouldn't just be thinking about the hidden guns...

He probably would think about the hidden guns - but would probably think of it as a game...and try to find them all. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Makika
post Jul 13 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #16925

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 14 2009, 03:36 AM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 13 2009, 11:26 PM) *

He probably would think about the hidden guns - but would probably think of it as a game...and try to find them all. wink.gif

I can see Roy at this situation. biggrin.gif huishusihs

--------------------

+Quote Post
RizaXRoy
post Jul 14 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #16926

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,163

@spectator: I'm looking forward to your fanfic!! It's ok to write anything you want since this is fanfic.. tongue.gif The Prince's name is Claudio Rico Aerugan and for more details, you can go to Wii FMA Game 'Prince of Dawn' Discussion thread. It seems like there would be a huge Royai in the game..wuahaha

Undeniably, I want to see a SHY Riza again in this new game just like this biggrin.gif

@AndroidLust: Haha, ya..you're right about a bit lack of creative fashion! tongue.gif It's nice to see Riza in purple cheongsam in the new game. I wonder why wearing cheongsam at the ball. Regarding to the outfits in the anime and the manga, first anime got only few different outfits-Riza : Military uniform, pajamas, casual-Riza(5 seconds only during the end with Roy dry.gif ) and formal suit with a cap.
In the manga:
1) Military uniform
2) Military uniform with skirt (But FMA:B showed pant instead of skirt)
2) The outfit during Riza-Barry meeting ( Wow~ that skirt is so hot like Kale said...I think almost can see her underwear as well *imagine a drooling Roy* laugh.gif )
3) Plain black shirt (chapter 38 - Riza Vs Gluttony, Riza/Roy Vs Lust)
4) Half naked Riza -the back only !! tongue.gif (chapter 57)
5) The outfit during Ed visits Riza
6) The outfit during Riza and Roy at her father's cemetery (chapter 60)
7) The outfit during Riza-Rebecca meeting, quite nice suit! (Chapter 83)
8) The outfit when Riza Vs Envy (Plain black shirt+ jacket)
But no pajamas-Riza in the manga
Hope can the rest of them in Brotherhood!!

--------------------

Sig by Nil-Chan,thanks to awesome Nil-Chan..!
Roy and Riza-the best pairing..Hope there will be more and more roiai moments in the manga.

My Royai AMV.Hope you enjoy it!

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jul 14 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #16927

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Hmmm...I still desperatelystand by what I say about BONES wanting a big impact for new fans when the episode with Roy v Lust or the call comes out.

I love the outfit she wore in the Barry scene and when she met Rebecca! And also at the funeral. biggrin.gif She really should be shown wearing those kinds of things more often. Although I do really like her current outfit (especially since her hair's down LOL).

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jul 14 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #16928

Member No.: 52,558

@Turdaewen Thanks for trying to calm us rabid Royai fans. smile.gif One question, Where did you watch that special about FMA Brotherhood? The one where the announcer talks about Roy and Riza? Do you think you could do a quick summary of what was said about Roy and Riza? If not that is ok. But thanks!

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jul 14 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #16929

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jul 14 2009, 09:08 AM) *
@Turdaewen Thanks for trying to calm us rabid Royai fans. smile.gif

Yeah.... I was a bit nuts about it when I found out, but after hearing logical reasoning and sleeping on it, I feel a lot better.

One question, Where did you watch that special about FMA Brotherhood? The one where the announcer talks about Roy and Riza? Do you think you could do a quick summary of what was said about Roy and Riza? If not that is ok. But thanks!

Yeah... I'm really curious about that, too. It'd be great if you could post it! biggrin.gif No pressure, though!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 14 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #16930

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Jul 14 2009, 11:28 AM) *
One question, Where did you watch that special about FMA Brotherhood? The one where the announcer talks about Roy and Riza? Do you think you could do a quick summary of what was said about Roy and Riza? If not that is ok. But thanks!

Yeah... I'm really curious about that, too. It'd be great if you could post it! biggrin.gif No pressure, though!

@The_Twilight_Trinity - I'm assuming you are asking this to Turdaewen and you are referring to the show that was mentioned on Turdaewen's post (quoted below,) right? ^^

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jul 14 2009, 12:08 AM) *
actually. That 'special' about FMA: Brotherhood that went on the japanese TV one week before the release of the series, the host actually mentioned things about Royai! Actually, I have a feeling that, in Japan the whole 'Is Royai cannon' is not even a issue, but more of a consensus. (I can't be sure, though)

About that show... that was a promo show that was aired about a week or so before the start of the series, I think, and the show was hosted by Japanese comedians who were FMA fans themselves, if I recall correctly. And, yeah, if anyone has the transcript or summary of that show, please post... preferably on FMA:Brotherhood News watch thread, and you can post the info on the part of the show that is related to Royai on this thread, also. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jul 14 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #16931

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

Firstly, welcome new members~!!

As for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I've been thoroughly disappointed by the series for several reasons other than a lack of Royai [which to be honest, is low priority unless integrated firmly and directly into the main plotline]; my harshest criticism is it is not only that they rush and cut out filler, they cut out parts that help viewers understand the story, and also, they pick and choose and rearrange scenes from four or five different chapters to cram into one episode. The disarray in order isn't helpful to those who haven't read the manga, and /or haven't even seen the first Fullmetall Alchemist anime.

Anyway, the game looks fantastic; someone mentioned it was for the Wii? Now I want to buy it.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jul 14 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #16932

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 14 2009, 10:10 AM) *
@The_Twilight_Trinity - I'm assuming you are asking this to Turdaewen and you are referring to the show that was mentioned on Turdaewen's post (quoted below,) right? ^^

@Tombow--Yeah, that's what I was asking about! Sorry I didn't make it more clear....

@Miss MP--I agree with you somewhat that the anime is rushing too much, but I also believe that they'll slow it down now that they've passed all of the repeat events from the first series. It's too soon to tell yet if they're actually going to slow down, but I see no reason for them not to. They haven't ruined it for me yet, though my patience is beginning to run low.... I hope Bones redeems itself by making episode 19 amazing!

*crosses fingers*

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 14 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #16933

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Actually, I don't have the transcript... sad.gif I just watched it and I can't quite remember what exactly they said about Roy and Riza, especially because I'm not that fluent in Japanese, so, many times, I just 'implied' what they were saying... lol

But I do remember they mentioning about Roy and Riza's relationship.

And about the outfits... well... I don't see Arakawa as a very enthusiast in fashion design... lol and I like the fact that the clothes from FMA look very realistic. It really looks like they're living in the late 30s (aside from some 'modern' details). I just love Riza's outfits throughout the manga and they reflect her style very clearly. She's a very 'classic' girl.

And the showed the Military uniform with skirt on Brotherhood, too, just not on the Rizenbool scene, but Riza was wearing it at Hughes' funeral.

I think they will show them all in Brotherhood (God, I hope so!! XD Especially the one when she meets with Rebecca! *.*)

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 14 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #16934

Member No.: 67,594

^And that's only one of the things that shows how awesome Riza is.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 14 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #16935

Major General

I've always liked Roy's style. Very classy and simple.

...Never knew how hard it was to find a white scarf like his until this past winter... C'mon, I just want to be able to cosplay as civilian Roy in real life one day (as it works as regular clothes) but stores aren't making it easy and I can't knit.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:18 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css