HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
hand-made-city
post Jul 26 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #17146

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,054

I wonder why the call scene was kept so short though... they were on the phone the entire time in the manga, until Gluttony came...(or am I mistaken?) but towards the end of the episode, we see that Roy is no longer on the phone! I'm thinking he'll call back later, to set up the whole Riza vs. Gluttony thing?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jul 26 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #17147

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

Riza's flirting voice=PURE WIN!!! It's hilarious the way they showed how scared of her those guys were... I hope we get the call scene continued next week! That, and Riza vs. Gluttony.... And Roy freaking out.

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jul 26 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #17148

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jul 26 2009, 08:12 PM) *
I wonder why the call scene was kept so short though... they were on the phone the entire time in the manga, until Gluttony came...(or am I mistaken?) but towards the end of the episode, we see that Roy is no longer on the phone! I'm thinking he'll call back later, to set up the whole Riza vs. Gluttony thing?

My guess is they first show that Mustang is flirting via phone and thenfinally we can see that all the time he was flirting with Elizabeth, it was Riza. She had to be there quite often and there's no way Gluttony and co. came the first day they kept watch.

Yes, they could cut some 'unsignificant' Royai scene but there's no way they would leave out a homunculus ohmy.gif and Hayate! I rememeber how scared I was he would be killed in valiant attempt to save his master

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 26 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #17149

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jul 26 2009, 01:47 PM) *
I know, I should post it in another thread, but...
I think they made this episode this way (and diddn't show Riza yet) to make everyone hate Mustang like hell =D. If I would be a newbie and would watch this anime without knowing the manga, I would hate him, yeah >D.
I think in the next episode they'll also show the telephone call in Riza's point of view. I hope so *__*

If they tried that, it worked, cause people in the Brazilian foruns that haven't read the manga are going beserk! And I laughing like crazy... Silly little people XD

It would made no sense at all if they didn't show Riza's point of view, cause it would make the whole 'call scene' senseless. And, if they took out Gluttony's attack on Riza, it would make the call scene absolutely pointless... it would be easier to just put up Roy in that scene directly, since the only thing that makes him rush there is that call...
So, no. Since they showed this part, I don't think they'll cut any of those things.

Moreover, why would they show up the tower near Barry's and Falman's apartment if Riza wasn't to be there, later?

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jul 26 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #17150

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jul 26 2009, 01:12 PM) *

it's not finished yet. The call scene will continue until Riza vs. Gluttony as Roy rushes to rescue her. That will be epic!

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 26 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #17151

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (spectator @ Jul 27 2009, 12:03 AM) *
it's not finished yet. The call scene will continue until Riza vs. Gluttony as Roy rushes to rescue her. That will be epic!

Yeah, I figured as much.... but it's sort of strange! Ah well. At least the scene is there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 26 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #17152

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

in the preview for next episode Roy is talking to someone from a phone booth...I'm thinking that that might be where he finishes the call since there is no other reason for him to be making calls from phone booths lol. And like Turdaewen said, they wouldn't have had the initial call in this episode if they weren't going to follow through with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 26 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #17153

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jul 27 2009, 06:39 AM) *
in the preview for next episode Roy is talking to someone from a phone booth...I'm thinking that that might be where he finishes the call since there is no other reason for him to be making calls from phone booths lol. And like Turdaewen said, they wouldn't have had the initial call in this episode if they weren't going to follow through with it.

No wait, that phone call booth... is the one when there is the flashback that reveals Roy's real intentions in relation to the Maria Ross incident i.e. when he speaks to Barry on the phone, who uses an idiotic girly voice if I recall correctly and has Falman by his side, while Roy has Breda waiting for him outside. If you see the preview again, it's exactly the same panel from Chapter 40. I'm suspecting that they'll go about finishing all the Xerxes ruins part in the next episode, to leave carte blanche for episodes 19 and 20, having the Riza vs. Gluttony and Roy vs. Lust all there together without interruptions so to speak.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jul 26 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #17154

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 11:05 PM) *
No wait, that phone call booth... is the one when there is the flashback that reveals Roy's real intentions in relation to the Maria Ross incident i.e. when he speaks to Barry on the phone, who uses an idiotic girly voice if I recall correctly and has Falman by his side, while Roy has Breda waiting for him outside. If you see the preview again, it's exactly the same panel from Chapter 40. I'm suspecting that they'll go about finishing all the Xerxes ruins part in the next episode, to leave carte blanche for episodes 19 and 20, having the Riza vs. Gluttony and Roy vs. Lust all there together without interruptions so to speak.

Oooh.... Good eye! I thought that he was finishing the call too! I totally forgot that he did that in order to orchestrate the rescue of Maria Ross.... That's a relief... I didn't really want them to mess with the call scene like that.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 26 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #17155

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 10:05 PM) *

Oh! Thanks, I had totally forgot ^^'' well either way, they've started it so they have to finish it. It would make no sense for them not to...

But yeah, I like your idea. I'd like to see everything together rather than broken up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 26 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #17156

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Saw ep. 17 and I am content. smile.gif

Glad they kept the babysitter line. tongue.gif

Also, looks like Roy's had 3 eyecatches so far. (5, 10, 17)

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 26 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #17157

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 27 2009, 07:30 AM) *
Saw ep. 17 and I am content. smile.gif

Glad they kept the babysitter line. tongue.gif

Also, looks like Roy's had 3 eyecatches so far. (5, 10, 17)

Mmmh, which reminds me, did Riza get an eyecatch so far? If not, probably she'll be getting one in the coming eps *grins*

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 26 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #17158

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 10:53 PM) *
Mmmh, which reminds me, did Riza get an eyecatch so far? If not, probably she'll be getting one in the coming eps *grins*

Not that I know of. Most likely, as she's got some pretty big parts later on.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 26 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #17159

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 27 2009, 02:01 AM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Not that I know of. Most likely, as she's got some pretty big parts later on.

I'm looking forward to some nice Riza eyecatches too! But of course in the actual episode, they'll come with "Fullmetal Alchemist!" man.... ahhhh. That guy's voice cracks me up. I can't take it seriously at all. Though he seems to take himself very seriously. Let's just hope he never does that giggle again.

Anyway, Riza should be getting one anytime now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 26 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #17160

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jul 26 2009, 11:20 PM) *
I'm looking forward to some nice Riza eyecatches too! But of course in the actual episode, they'll come with "Fullmetal Alchemist!" man.... ahhhh. That guy's voice cracks me up. I can't take it seriously at all. Though he seems to take himself very seriously. Let's just hope he never does that giggle again.

Anyway, Riza should be getting one anytime now!

;_; the giggle...I had forgotten about that...and now I remember it...T_T

But yes, hopefully we'll see her soon. I'm very much looking forward to everything that's coming in the next few eps biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:09 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css