HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Demons in Shanghai (上海妖魔鬼怪, Shanghai Youma Kikai), Hunting Supernatural Demons in Shanghai, China
DistantBlue
post Aug 1 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,766

Hmm....I'm not a very big fan of Shanghai Youma Kikai, but its something new from arakawa, so i"m still looking forward to it. I'm more anxious to see a brand-new work/series from her, but I'm guessing that won't come along for a while.

hero Tales is ending next month? I havent read the whole series, only the first, 13th, and 19th chapters, but it doesnt seem ready for an ending yet.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 2 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #17

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I've never read Shanghai Youma Kikai, but I may if she plans to continue with it; although Like DistantBlue I'm looking more forward to seeing a completely new work from her.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Hero Tales didn't seem ready to end yet. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Aug 2 2010, 06:20 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

I'm reading the Italian publication of Juushin Enbu and I'm liking it even if she didn't wrote the story, but reading the manga wrote by her is a whole another thing.

I read all the available chapters of Shanghai Youma Kikai yesterday, and it was really funny, even if much more basic and generic than FMA. If she reworks the plot and the characters a little she could get a series from it, though, in my opinion. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren-Shiroi
post Aug 2 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 72,817

I am reading Shanghai Youma Kikai and I love also it is it me seeing Shanghai Youma Kikai main characters similariti with scar ?

+Quote Post
Isa-Sama
post Aug 2 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 73,546

*.* Good thing if Shanghai Youma Kikai is going to be serialised. I love it but I wonder if she's going to change the plot to make it more like a long story of if she's just going to publish short stories with these characters (like in the first four chapters) .

By the way, I've read chapter 20 of Juushin Enbu and it will end next month because...

Shimei is dead (Raira killed him), Chouka (the female character always with Keirou) is dead too and the fight between Taitou and Keirou will end next chapter, I think.

So sad but if this annouce the return of Shanghai Youma Kikai, then it's fine happy.gif

+Quote Post
Hagaren-Shiroi
post Aug 2 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 72,817

QUOTE (Isa-Sama @ Aug 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *
*.* Good thing if Shanghai Youma Kikai is going to be serialised. I love it but I wonder if she's going to change the plot to make it more like a long story of if she's just going to publish short stories with these characters (like in the first four chapters) .

By the way, I've read chapter 20 of Juushin Enbu and it will end next month because...

Shimei is dead (Raira killed him), Chouka (the female character always with Keirou) is dead too and the fight between Taitou and Keirou will end next chapter, I think.

So sad but if this annouce the return of Shanghai Youma Kikai, then it's fine happy.gif

where did you read it?

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 3 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

I've read the chapters of Shanghai Youma Kikai and I've got to say, I actually really enjoyed it. It has great humour and the story seems pretty interesting.

Although, the epithet "The Ripper" is just unfortunate for the main character, named Jack. laugh.gif

I hope that she gets the go-ahead to serialise this manga, just so long as she is able to extend and deepen the plot enough to make it better, accompanied by further development of the characters. I'd hate for it to be a series of one-shots, so I hope its "serialisation" will mean that it will be one continuous story. Also, I think that perhaps a bit of a cut down on the humour and giving it a more 'serious' tone would also be good; but, of course, still have humorous scenes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Aug 4 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 3 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Although, the epithet "The Ripper" is just unfortunate for the main character, named Jack. laugh.gif

Well, since on one page someone mentions something about him in London 1888, I assume he is that Jack the Ripper, so it was on purpose, that unfortunate association, I guess xD
Anyway, Demons of Shanghai was fun, indeed. I'd prefer something entirely new for the new serialization, but, like Aria said, if she extend and deepen plot a bit, it can be a nice series, too. And it'd be nice to see Jack and others animated later, when it'll be enough chapters to make an anime series ^^!
Anyway, about Juushin Enbu 20... I don't understand Italian, but nevermind. Ryuukou on the cover was so cuteee! 8D and on page 31 <3 he's cute in general <33 XD (ok, I'm such a fangirl sometimes XD)
Why did Keirou have a third eye? |D I wonder what happened in the end. The last panel suggest that Taitou got hit. :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 4 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Qashqai @ Aug 4 2010, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 3 2010, 01:24 PM) *

Well, since on one page someone mentions something about him in London 1888, I assume he is that Jack the Ripper, so it was on purpose, that unfortunate association, I guess xD

Yeah, that's what I was thinking- it just made the association worse. xD It made me laugh, but I do hope he's not actually supposed to be the ripper...that'd be weird. O.O

And I'm glad you agree, and I agree with you, also- seeing it animated would be brilliant!

I like Ryuukou, too...but I also like Housei...They're my two favourites. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Aug 4 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 4 2010, 09:28 AM) *
[size=3][font="Book Antiqua"]Yeah, that's what I was thinking- it just made the association worse. xD It made me laugh, but I do hope he's not actually supposed to be the ripper...that'd be weird. O.O

Ha ha, he is THE Jack the Ripper, he was a rouge demon that got house trained

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 4 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE (mellulah @ Aug 4 2010, 11:51 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 4 2010, 09:28 AM) *
[size=3][font="Book Antiqua"]Yeah, that's what I was thinking- it just made the association worse. xD It made me laugh, but I do hope he's not actually supposed to be the ripper...that'd be weird. O.O

Ha ha, he is THE Jack the Ripper, he was a rouge demon that got house trained

Seriously? o.o (Forgive me, I'm tired and I don't know if you're joking!) When I read this part I didn't know whether to chalk it up to him being the Ripper or if it's just some sort of weird coincidence.

But this brings up another thought on the series; I thought the explanations of what and who they are were to vague and seemed slightly rushed. I'm probably missing something important. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Aug 5 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 4 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Seriously? o.o (Forgive me, I'm tired and I don't know if you're joking!) When I read this part I didn't know whether to chalk it up to him being the Ripper or if it's just some sort of weird coincidence.

But this brings up another thought on the series; I thought the explanations of what and who they are were to vague and seemed slightly rushed. I'm probably missing something important. laugh.gif

Yeah well, it said that he was the Ripper and was murdering women when the real murders took place. He just got taught some manners until he was a civilised (well kinda) person and was no longer a mindless killer

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 5 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (mellulah @ Aug 5 2010, 02:18 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Aug 4 2010, 05:18 PM) *

Yeah well, it said that he was the Ripper and was murdering women when the real murders took place. He just got taught some manners until he was a civilised (well kinda) person and was no longer a mindless killer

Yeah, haha, Nynetales made sure of that. xD But I don't even remember it mentioning women getting murdered. That's probably why I'm being so scatterbrained about it. ohmy.gif That said, it does mention 1888, so I guess it goes without saying. I just find the fact that he most likely is supposed be one in the same, very, very strange. Then again, it's probably quite apt that he's actually a demon. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Aug 6 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #29

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

QUOTE (Sariachan @ Aug 1 2010, 06:10 PM) *
amber1003 posted some info about a possible new series from Hiromu Arakawa!

It seems that there is a possibility for Shanghai Youma Kikai to become a long series, or so I understood it.

I can't wait to know more about this! biggrin.gif

I was actually wondering this: Does serialization means becoming a long serie, like having a monthly released? I don't understand some terms, sorry ^^; Anyway, I hope so: I love Demons of Shanghai, I hope we will have more about this biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 5 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Just decided to take a random gander at Amber1003's journal and according to her, the magazine "Pafu" has an interview with Arakawa inside. She states that she will carry on with "Shanghai Yoma Kikai" after the movie (presumably the FMA one. laugh.gif) And there are plans for a one shot and short serialisation.

However, she [Amber] is unsure of whether or not this [the one shot/short serialisation] is referring to the Shounen Sunday series because the advertisement didn't mention it would be a short series. (This is what I get from what she's saying in the journal. happy.gif)

But, if I'm to hazard a guess, it may be that the short serialisation will be in the Shounen Sunday mag and may run for a few months, until she starts on "Shanghai Yoma Kikai"? We'll have to wait and see. laugh.gif

I apologise in advance if I've misunderstood her comments in any way. wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 03:01 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css