HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
angelofsarcasm89
post Oct 27 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #18481

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,605

I'd like to see them kiss, but only if it wasn't totally out of character. Like, the whole thing's over, they both survived, and they're just standing together thinking it all over, and then they kiss. I'd squeal for days.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Oct 27 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #18482

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Oct 28 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Hmm... while it does seem like Roy and Riza don't need to kiss or anything to prove their love for one another, I do think that such an event wouldn't really be "untrue" to their characters. They're man and woman.... I'm sure they have urges like everyone else, if you know what I mean. It's just awkward in a shounen manga.. that's probably why we've been conditioned to deal with the fact that we'll probably never see them kiss!

It would seem "untrue" of Arakawa's character more than anyone. She has never drawn a kissing scene in the manga, even of two curious people in the background (unless she has and I missed it) and to me, kisses seem sappy in most situations, and Arakawa doesn't do sappy. The most I'm expecting is a hug or something, but nothing more. lol I just killed the mood.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Oct 28 2009, 12:34 AM
Post #18483

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

About the "this is a shounen"-theory xD
Even in DragonBall the guys have wifes, romance and stuff xD
Besides, since Shounen is usually for the boys:
Boys need some kisses in the manga, too xD. It's a different romantic as in the Shojo, but it still is there xD

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 28 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #18484

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Right I thought about it again and here's what I think.
I could care less if the actually kiss, so long as we have CLOSURE. That would be nice, but it doesn't happen very often at all and considering the situation they're in just now... hmm.

Closure about their relationship would be my ideal, I don't care how it's done. wink.gif

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Oct 28 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #18485

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I'd like to see them kiss, in a situation where it is justified. Not 'OMG I love you so much let's make out now before Father comes again, turning all the people in Amestris into Philosopher's stone' kind of situation. Ideal exchange: everything's happily over, Roy and Riza look at each other and smile.

@FailToImpress If Riza is killed now, that would be a closure too (sorry, must have pointed it out, having a little pessimistic outlook today). I hope so much it's not what occures.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Oct 28 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #18486

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

You know this whole 'supporting/help me' is very Arakawa like, if you think it through.

I'm not sure if anyone else here is familiar with the other Arakawa's works, but, me myself, I'm a HUGE fan of Arakawa's and I've read practically everything she's ever done. And, many of the times, she establishes something like a Roy/Riza relationship.

I was reading Juushin Enbu, yesterday, and at a certain point, the Emperor is going to propose to the girl he's in love with and his lines are just so... Roy-like! I could almost see Roy say something of that sort. Like "I have a mission I need to carry out, to make everyone happy and keep my promise, so, will you support me?"
It's very interesting how Arakawa puts the women behind the leaders in her mangas as if they were a sort of fortress for the men. *.*
Very cute!

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 28 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #18487

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Oct 28 2009, 12:34 AM) *
Boys need some kisses in the manga, too xD. It's a different romantic as in the Shojo, but it still is there xD

Sure they have wives/girlfriends and all but the thing is that you will rarely ever see them kiss or say, "I love you".

As far as kissing goes, the kisses are usually seem to be accidental and in awkward moments...besides for most boys, it's icky tongue.gif

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Oct 28 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #18488

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 28 2009, 05:06 PM) *
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Oct 28 2009, 12:34 AM) *

Sure they have wives/girlfriends and all but the thing is that you will rarely ever see them kiss or say, "I love you".

As far as kissing goes, the kisses are usually seem to be accidental and in awkward moments...besides for most boys, it's icky tongue.gif

Allright...
Inu Yasha!
Blood, battles, demons, pure shounen xD
and kisses and proposes and so on!
But you know what I want to say. Because it's a Shounen, doesn't mean that it can't be romantic.
I am kinda pleased so far with the romance level of Royai. But what I really look forward to:
A peaceful time in the manga. Where they could recover from the "OMG Amestris gotta become a huge philosopher stone" - time and see each other while no one tries to kill them/make them fight someone/and so on. Just a little time like they had investigating the Barry case.

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Oct 28 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #18489

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

A lot of shounens are full of mindless action, but that doesn't give much depth to characters. Not that they need to be in love to have depth. But when the characters have human emotions and care a lot for people, it makes more sense (any kind of relationship, I mean!). . I see the characters in FMA as helplessly and completely human, so things like Ed and Winry falling in love with another makes it even more believable and deeper, IMO.

It's obvious Roy and Riza love each other, whether or not it turns out to be canon romance. Besides...so many fans support RoyAi that a lot of people would be disapointed if we don't get something!

I hadn't even thought of Inu Yasha. That's a good point...that was one hell of a mushy relationship on shounen standards.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 28 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #18490

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

ETA: ^ Can I just say, I love your icon/sig XD

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Oct 28 2009, 04:01 PM) *
It's very interesting how Arakawa puts the women behind the leaders in her mangas as if they were a sort of fortress for the men. *.*
Very cute!

It is very interesting that she does that, yes. If anything, it's certainly a different take on relationships etc and I like that... it's not generic.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 28 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #18491

Major General

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Oct 28 2009, 11:06 AM) *
Inu Yasha!

Thing is, I never saw Inuyasha as a shounen manga...more like a shoujo with shonen elements... wink.gif

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Oct 28 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #18492

State Alchemist (Major)

Lol Kale... new avatar that fits to the new anime episode (the one we are waiting for coming out xD).

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 28 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #18493

Major General

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Oct 28 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Lol Kale... new avatar that fits to the new anime episode (the one we are waiting for coming out xD).

Yep. Changed it on purpose. After next week, it's back to Roy & his headphones smile.gif

+Quote Post
BlindDetective
post Oct 28 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #18494

Citizen

From: I guess You don't know where's a country called "Poland" ^^'
Member No.: 71,688

Inu Yasha!

Thing is, I never saw Inu Yasha as a shounen manga...more like a shoujo with shonen elements...
It's funny how different toughts may have people who are talking about this same thing, I'm waiting for someone who will tell InuYasha is a seinen xD

Besides...so many fans support RoyAi that a lot of people would be disapointed if we don't get something!
Hm, I can be wrong, but for me Arakawa isn't someone who practice fanserivce (look at Hughes' death. Anyone remember Hughes? xD), so "many fans support RoyAi" may don't mean anything for her. And for kiss - sorry, I'm crazy fangirl, I don't have something like brain - I'd love to! laugh.gif

BTW: Oh, hi. I'm new here *nervous nervous* "Cześć" means "Hi" in my language, so: Cześć! xD (especially for Sherlock Holmes fans xD) And, sooo sorry, but I can do many mistakes in writing, I hope you forgive me blush.gif

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Oct 28 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #18495

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

BlindDetective - Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll stick around!

And you're right about Arakawa, she wouldn't give in to fanservice. She's too amazing for that (unlike anime one, which totally catered to EdRoy...but let's not think abotu that). I hope she'll let us down easily, though, or at least leave it on a positive note. A positive note is hopefully both of them alive, though bittersweet sort of goes under the 'positive' category...I guess...XD

@ FailToImpress - Thanks!!!! smile.gif

And I love how fitting Kale's avi is as well! I am dying for Ishbal...and my sister and I are prepared to nitpick over any scenes that are overlooked.

I mean, Ishbal is important, even beyond RoyAi. It's the basis of like half the characters. Roy, Hughes, Riza, Kimblee, Scar, Armstrong (and his sister, for feeling like she has to compensate for what he did, or rather didn't do), Marcoh, Knox, Silver Alchemist, Bradley, all the Ishbalans, Envy, the dude with the crazy handlebar mustache, the Rockbells (so Winry as well)...and pretty much anyone else you can think of. Cutting out any scenes would be...horrible.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 05:38 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css